PDA

View Full Version : Trouble fitting Cruise to 2011 Caddy

asr_933
03-09-2014, 08:15 AM
Hey guys!

Can anyone help me out or point me to a thread please.

I've just installed the appropraite cruise control stalk setup to my caddy but it didn't come with an ECU wire. Do I need it for my 2011 Caddy (TDI, DSG)? Or do I just need to use VCDS to activate?

Is there anyone on the Sunshine Coast, Queensland with VCDS?

Thanks in advance!

Andy

Umai Naa!!
03-09-2014, 09:12 AM
You may need another version of the steering wheel electrics module, too.

h100vw
03-09-2014, 09:42 AM
Hey guys!

Can anyone help me out or point me to a thread please.

I've just installed the appropraite cruise control stalk setup to my caddy but it didn't come with an ECU wire. Do I need it for my 2011 Caddy (TDI, DSG)? Or do I just need to use VCDS to activate?

Is there anyone on the Sunshine Coast, Queensland with VCDS?

Thanks in advance!

Andy

In live in Narangba, the closest to the Sunshine Coast that I can think of with a lead. Not the expert but on petrol cars you def need to code the ECU to accept the CC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RrdtjXe660

Gavin

asr_933
03-09-2014, 11:37 AM
Thanks Gavin! I'm in Sydney but car is on the coast with the old man. When I pick it up I might get in touch with you if that's ok?

Will wait and see if anyone can elaborate on the steering electrics module....

h100vw
03-09-2014, 12:19 PM
Thanks Gavin! I'm in Sydney but car is on the coast with the old man. When I pick it up I might get in touch with you if that's ok?

Will wait and see if anyone can elaborate on the steering electrics module....

Yeah sure, might not be able to get firm information on the steering module, without scanning the car though.

Gavin

asr_933
03-09-2014, 01:01 PM
Ok. So I need to find out the module number?

Umai Naa!!
03-09-2014, 01:05 PM
Did you buy it as a genuine retro-fit kit?

The kits are VIN-specific, and will include a new steering wheel electrics control module, where applicable. In most cases, you'll need one, as logic suggests if the car needed a SWECM 'High', it'd already have cruise control fitted.

asr_933
04-09-2014, 05:02 AM
Yes I bought a retro fit kit. However the guy only asked for the year of the vehicle and assures me it is right and doesn't need an ecu wire just vcds programming :/

Unfortunately I'm not with the car so haven't got immediate access to the kit he sent me.

nicholas787
06-09-2014, 04:16 PM
I did heaps of hunting around to make sure I bought the right stalk & clock spring for my 2012 TDI caddy..
I think there are different stalks/clock springs/steering control modules that have to be taken into consideration

It took about 2 mins of coding to get mine up and running.
Just try get it coded & that'll tell you if all modules are right

asr_933
06-09-2014, 08:28 PM
Thanks man!

fmflex
15-09-2014, 08:56 PM
Just off topic but I thought all Caddys came standard with cruise? At least that was my assumption when I picked up a base model 09 maxi TDI DSG and it came standard with cruise.

So if I've already got cruise would that mean I've already got a SWECM 'high'?