PDA

View Full Version : Mechanic recommendation Request - West Sydney suburbs

sci_fianime
05-11-2007, 11:21 AM
Hi All

My 2001 1.8T Passat has been acting up since I collected it from the shippers. It has a rough, erratic idle and intermittent misfiring on all cylinders.

Would appreciate if anyone can recommend a good mechanic located around the Merrylands/Guildford suburbs.

Thanks a bunch!
SF

DubSteve
05-11-2007, 11:27 AM
Taken from another post;

EuropeanAutotech -> Mona vale area, highly recommended
EuroAutomative -> Girraween, highly highly highly recommended, but you need to queue up
Bob Whyms Automotive -> Seven Hills. I have no experience with them, but they once quoted me $5K to rebuild my Mk2 engine.
Chatswood Classic Cars -> They are VW dealer, if you are loyalty to dealer service 'quality', then go for it. otherwise I don't say any further.

BL33SU
05-11-2007, 01:13 PM
hey got a pic of ur passat?? bring it to the cruise this week

sci_fianime
05-11-2007, 02:07 PM
bring it to the cruise this week

would love to - but have to get it running smoothly first...

BL33SU
05-11-2007, 02:13 PM
well mine idled bad for awhile til i cleaned the thortle body. my idels used to be jumpy

Langers
05-11-2007, 04:27 PM
Hi All

My 2001 1.8T Passat has been acting up since I collected it from the shippers. It has a rough, erratic idle and intermittent misfiring on all cylinders.

Would appreciate if anyone can recommend a good mechanic located around the Merrylands/Guildford suburbs.

Thanks a bunch!
SF

Sebastian Najder at EuroAutomotive in Girraween is your best bet for Western Sydney.

http://www.euroauto.com.au

Otherwise, if Seb can't fit you in, one of the others listed above.

Have you had the car scanned for codes yet? May be something very simple, e.g. coolant temp sensor, MAF, O2 sensor, coil pack (coil on plug), plug etc that could be fixed in a day or two.

BTW Derek also deserves the Highly Highly Highly recommended rating that Seb got as well! Can't imagine that you will want to drive to Derek's place though if the car is misfiring.

sci_fianime
06-11-2007, 09:19 AM
Thanks for the replies...

Will try to take my ride to Sebastian, but his website seems to be down...

DubSteve
06-11-2007, 09:29 AM
Call him on 0410541322