PDA

View Full Version : Golf Alltrack

Pages : [1] 2 3

andrew7
19-08-2014, 04:45 PM
Saw it mentioned in today's Age article on the new polo pricing that the Golf Alltrack Wagon is definitely coming to Oz in 2015. Anyone got any inside intel on this?

Eaglehawk
19-08-2014, 04:54 PM
I read that too, but it could be misinterpreted. It could have read as it's "coming" to the World in mid-2015. Whether it comes to Australia is a different matter.

"An Alltrack variant of the Golf is still coming mid 2015"

01_GOLF
19-08-2014, 05:07 PM
I thought they were already here? I definitely saw one on Windsor Road on Sunday, white mk7 wagon

gldgti
19-08-2014, 05:19 PM
Pretty sure I've seen a mk7 wagon on the road too.

As for an alltrack version, well that would be up the VGA to decide if its worth their while :P

team_v
19-08-2014, 08:51 PM
The next gen Tiguan is due for release in mid 2015 so they could be refering to that.

AdamD
19-08-2014, 09:02 PM
I thought they were already here? I definitely saw one on Windsor Road on Sunday, white mk7 wagon

The Alltrack is a 4motion (four wheel drive) Golf wagon, not the standard Mk7 wagon that has been on sale in Australia for many months.

tigger73
19-08-2014, 10:25 PM
It's the mini (Passat) Alltrack.

If it's anything like the Passat it'll come out in an AWD diesel.

irossiter
19-08-2014, 10:30 PM
Golf Alltrack would be a fine alternative to a mid sized SUV.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

andrew7
19-08-2014, 11:24 PM
^ Agree irossiter. Motoring.com.au says its on the way as follows (in an interview with VW Australia Head Honcho John White today):

"The new model action from Volkswagen will roll on throughout next year, when it releases the facelifted Polo GTI and facelifted Jetta in the first half of 2015, followed in the second half by the all-new Golf Alltrack wagon and eighth-generation Passat.

What's coming from Volkswagen:

Tiguan upgrade, R-Line – September
Golf Wagon R-Line -- October
Scirocco R facelift – November
Polo GTI facelift – First half 2015
Jetta facelift – First half 2015
Golf Alltrack – Mid-2015
Passat redesign – Late 2015"

Exciting year for VW next year. My 2nd car will be required August/September 2015 and will be a toss up between the Polo GTI or Golf Alltrack assuming its coming (this will depend in part of how my soon to arrive R handles family "wagon" duties for 12 months, have use of a family corolla for 12 months to tide us over)

team_v
20-08-2014, 06:30 AM
Golf Alltrack would be a fine alternative to a mid sized SUV.

The tiguan is basically a mid size suv though.
The golf wagon is a little longer than the tiguan and the suspension height is 30mm lower than the tiguan.
So if you raise the golf wagon and add AWD its going to be the same car but cost an extra 10k.

I fear VW is trying to make the golf into an "it can do everything car" but by doing so will water down the model itself instead of having different products across the VW Brand that can do things better than others.

andrew7
20-08-2014, 08:28 AM
Team_v isn't the Tig the same size as the Golf Hatch? The golf wagon on the other hand has pretty decent load carrying capacity/boot space and fills the compact family wagon segment. Adding AWD to the Wagon seems likely a clever marketing move (Passat Alltrack clearly a success and fits a larger wagon/premium point), and presents a pretty useful mid size AWD package on an already successful mk7 golf wagon platform.

Transporter
20-08-2014, 08:52 AM
I agree, there are people who buy the wagons only and having the AWD Golf wagon is a good idea. I hope it makes it AU. :)

AdamD
20-08-2014, 08:55 AM
I think the Alltrack is a very sharp-looking wagon, and to be honest I don't see it overlapping too much with the Tiguan in terms of target market. The Alltrack is no larger than a Golf wagon, with a lower roofline and less off-road capability, but is more like a conventional car than an SUV and thus appeals to a very specific market. The Tiguan has (some) extra ground clearance and a lot more interior space (at least vertically) and arguably more practicality.

I see the Alltrack as appealing to the image-conscious looking for a stylish AWD wagon that can cope with dirt/muddy/gritty/snowy roads occasionally, but will generally be used in metro areas. The Tig I assume appeals more to families, those who need more versatile interior space, and those who actually want to do some off-roading (tracks, beaches) occasionally.

brad
20-08-2014, 09:23 AM
I fear VW is trying to make the golf into an "it can do everything car" but by doing so will water down the model itself instead of having different products across the VW Brand that can do things better than others.
That's how the treat the Golf in Europe. I'm surprised we haven't had the Golf+ here

team_v
20-08-2014, 09:30 AM
That's how the treat the Golf in Europe. I'm surprised we haven't had the Golf+ here

It is basically a skoda scout so it could work in theory.
However, Australians have tended towards SUV's over wagons in recent years (since the early 2000's).
From memory Ford/Toyota didn't even release a wagon in their previous 2 falcon/camry models as demand was so low and people were buying a teritory/kluger instead as it was the same price or cheaper.

I think it is a bold move for VW to try a golf alltrack in the Aus market.
Happy to be proven wrong though.

Dutch77
20-08-2014, 10:15 AM
SUVs are very dominant here; you are correct that the wagon variants were dropped by Ford/Toyota and Holden did likewise until they came up with the Sportwagon - I didn't particularly want to go back to Holden but I was sorely tempted by a Calais V8 wagon last year due to its still massive load capacity. It's about double the average mid-size SUV.

Not wanting to bring up boot space but the Tiguan boot was just a tad small for what we needed it for so ended up buying something else. It had reasonable inside room, and as Adam said - vertically - but the Golf (both 6 and 7) has always impressed me with the amount of room I have.

As nice as the vehicle we did buy is, in hindsight I would be definitely shopping a Golf or Octavia wagon next time around. This Alltrack would not be a requirement but would definitely get a look in - that little extra clearance and grip makes it a safer bet on dirt roads. Ideally though I would still choose a GTI wagon if it existed, or try and stretch to an R if they ever brought it out.

Otherwise maybe just settle for the AMG C63 Edition 507 Estate, that seems adequate.

tigger73
20-08-2014, 01:33 PM
SUVs are very dominant here; you are correct that the wagon variants were dropped by Ford/Toyota and Holden did likewise until they came up with the Sportwagon - I didn't particularly want to go back to Holden but I was sorely tempted by a Calais V8 wagon last year due to its still massive load capacity. It's about double the average mid-size SUV.

I think Holden is about the only one that has made a decent looking station wagon in quite a while. Pity about the fuel economy, depreciation and running costs but you can't have everything. Will be sad to see these things go when the local manufacturing shuts down in a couple of years.

Not wanting to bring up boot space but the Tiguan boot was just a tad small for what we needed it for so ended up buying something else. It had reasonable inside room, and as Adam said - vertically - but the Golf (both 6 and 7) has always impressed me with the amount of room I have.

Not another boot space thread please!!!! :)

Yes Tiguan is on the small side with the boot, though for most stuff is workable. Rear seat room in the Tig is better than the Golf. Though the Octavia is a much better solution to space issues without going to a large car.... and liftback is very practical too.

As nice as the vehicle we did buy is, in hindsight I would be definitely shopping a Golf or Octavia wagon next time around. This Alltrack would not be a requirement but would definitely get a look in - that little extra clearance and grip makes it a safer bet on dirt roads. Ideally though I would still choose a GTI wagon if it existed, or try and stretch to an R if they ever brought it out.

Otherwise maybe just settle for the AMG C63 Edition 507 Estate, that seems adequate.

How about a nice RS6 Avant - at least that way it's AWD :P

Dutch77
20-08-2014, 03:06 PM
I think Holden is about the only one that has made a decent looking station wagon in quite a while. Pity about the fuel economy, depreciation and running costs but you can't have everything. Will be sad to see these things go when the local manufacturing shuts down in a couple of years.

All horrible, although I was looking at low mileage second hand examples around $35-40k that had had their $20k + depreciation hit. I still love hearing my old man's SSV take off down our street, and while I was never going back to them I will be sad to see them go to.

Not another boot space thread please!!!! :)

Yes Tiguan is on the small side with the boot, though for most stuff is workable. Rear seat room in the Tig is better than the Golf. Though the Octavia is a much better solution to space issues without going to a large car.... and liftback is very practical too.

How about a nice RS6 Avant - at least that way it's AWD :P

Seeing the tight squeeze on Junior Dubber's ridiculously large pram in the current ride, there was no way it would have fit in the Tiguan. They'd have needed at least another inch or two in depth........

Mmm RS6 Avant, in the tasty matte Daytona Premium Paint, yes please. I nominated the C63 as it's $120k less but still a German V8 wagon. While the future earning potential prospects have risen significantly of late, they haven't risen that far! :)

Eaglehawk
24-09-2014, 03:00 PM
Volkswagen reveals new Golf Alltrack (http://www.drive.com.au/motor-news/volkswagen-reveals-new-golf-alltrack-20140924-10lafo.html)

pologti18t
24-09-2014, 03:27 PM
Pics

andrew7
24-09-2014, 03:38 PM
Looks good :) Very similar to the Passat Alltrack but slightly sharper lines and obviously new tech/MQB. For me next year the choice for 2nd car to the R will be between a Golf Alltrack v next generation Polo GTI...

phaeton
25-09-2014, 07:24 AM
Full PR on front page Paris 2014: World premiere of the new Golf Alltrack | VWWatercooled Australia (http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/2014/09/paris-2014-world-premiere-of-the-new-golf-alltrack/)

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2014/09/GolfAlltrack20141-2.jpg
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2014/09/GolfAlltrack20142-2.jpg
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2014/09/GolfAlltrack20143-2.jpg
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2014/09/GolfAlltrack20144-2.jpg
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2014/09/GolfAlltrack20145-2.jpg

Jimi
25-09-2014, 12:13 PM
Hopefully we can get it with the GTD engine (the 135kw diesel also available in the Octavia RS)

andrew7
25-09-2014, 12:30 PM
^ Agreed Jimi, however I think I have read that it will only come in 1 spec 6spd DSG and 110kw/320nm diesel (there's nothing to stop you tuning it up to GTD spec as its essentially the same motor).

ChristopherJ
26-09-2014, 09:40 PM
Looks good, like to replace the Polo with one.

NCGR1
29-09-2014, 04:58 AM
The tiguan is basically a mid size suv though.
The golf wagon is a little longer than the tiguan and the suspension height is 30mm lower than the tiguan.
So if you raise the golf wagon and add AWD its going to be the same car but cost an extra 10k......

I certainly don't agree that the Tiguan and Alltrack Golf Sportwagen are much alike. First, the Golf SW is much better looking and more practical. Although the Tiquan is Golf based, the "upgraded" one will be the old chassis, not the MQB. If you enjoy driving, the Golf SW is the one to buy.

andrew7
03-03-2015, 04:21 PM
Anyone have the inside word on when this is being released? Motoring articles in late 2014 stated mid 2015 but have heard nothing further and my local dealer is clueless...

GolfVII
26-05-2015, 12:08 PM
The other night on TV my wife spotted the Skoada Octavia Scout 4x4 advert, this prompted me to check out their website to see what models and pricing this will be and how close to the Golf Alltrack this car will be

Based on other comparable's the Golf Alltrack may be about $5-$10k more than the Scout

Here is the link to the page
Octavia Scout 4x4 - Å*KODA (http://www.skoda.com.au/models/octavia-scout/overview)

I would think the Golf Alltrack will be out after July/August 2015??

The scout looks like a great choice if the Alltrack is way to over priced.

phaeton
16-07-2015, 07:01 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejhkgfs10lM

Good review from Deutsche Welle on the Golf Alltrack.

2015 Golf Alltrack Wagon | Register Interest | VW Australia (http://volkswagenaustralia.com.au/golfalltrack)

limiteded
03-10-2015, 09:57 PM
giving this topic a bump
Took one of these for a test drive today & was impressed by the amount of kit that you get for the price.
Also the raised height makes all the difference I think.
Do notice the difference between TDI & TSI despite the fact its got the 132kw motor. But i definitely think its the best buy if someone is considering on buying a wagon that doesn't have to do 0 -100km/h in under 5.5 secs

murcod
29-11-2015, 11:16 AM
I'm looking around for a new/ near new vehicle with some cargo space. I want something nice to drive, well fitted out and it will have to be an auto (as much as I hate autos.)

The Golf Alltrack ticks a lot of the requirements, but long term I'm not so sure about it being a wise purchase? I see quite a few DSG type issues mentioned on here- even though a lot of people say that's no longer an issue with them. I'd be looking at keeping it long term-> possibly 5-10 years, so don't want something that is going to be an expensive head ache.

I notice the servicing costs are also at the higher end of the scale (eg. every 4 years one service over $1000.) There also seem to be a lot of posts regarding electrical issues on here?

agentthumb
29-11-2015, 11:23 AM
The Alltrack comes in 6 speed DSG with wet clutch. They have been reliable. The issues you read about are with the 7speed.

The reason service is so expensive comes down to 2 things.

DSG oil is expensive and the 4motion system uses a heladex system, which takes fairly expensive oil too.

shauno
29-11-2015, 01:50 PM
Buy the extended warranty & you'll be fine for 5 years :)

h100vw
29-11-2015, 02:27 PM
DSG oil and filter for the 6 speed is $150 to buy. Haldex oil and filter similar money. If things are going to break, most likely they'll do it early on.
Independent servicing needn't cost the earth. So i'd take that out of the equation.

SIRIoz
29-11-2015, 03:29 PM
I got the Alltrack with the sports and lux packs. Had an outback for 10 years previous so can relate to your concerns.
The kit in them is just superb, the ride is amazing and i lug the whole family and Labrador in that supersized wagon space.

I know its early days for this new model but so far so good.

So happy with my purchase and sure you would be too.

Golf Alltrack

murcod
29-11-2015, 03:58 PM
I got the Alltrack with the sports and lux packs. Had an outback for 10 years previous so can relate to your concerns.
The kit in them is just superb, the ride is amazing and i lug the whole family and Labrador in that supersized wagon space.

I know its early days for this new model but so far so good.

So happy with my purchase and sure you would be too.

Golf Alltrack

Hi SIRIoz- how long have you had it for? I'm in a similar position with a big dog (greyhound) but I don't want a monstrous everyday vehicle to transport it probably once a month. Our current vehicle fits the job perfectly, but is getting a bit old. I'd be going for the Sport Luxury pack for sure, not so sure on the Driver Assistance pack. (A quick scan through the forum has made me even more dubious of it's worth.)

Buy the extended warranty & you'll be fine for 5 years :smile:
Yes, that would be a definite inclusion. Does that lock you into servicing at a VW dealer (from what I've read?)

DSG oil and filter for the 6 speed is $150 to buy. Haldex oil and filter similar money. If things are going to break, most likely they'll do it early on.
Independent servicing needn't cost the earth. So i'd take that out of the equation.
That's good to know for once it's out of warranty. I'd even consider doing it myself- even if I need to acquire some equipment.

The Alltrack comes in 6 speed DSG with wet clutch. They have been reliable. The issues you read about are with the 7speed.

The reason service is so expensive comes down to 2 things.

DSG oil is expensive and the 4motion system uses a heladex system, which takes fairly expensive oil too.

Yes, I've heard it's mainly the 7 speed, but I've found enough on 6 speed issues for it to concern me. If I was looking to sell after the warranty period that wouldn't be such a concern, but I planning on owning this vehicle long term.

The other vehicle I'm interested in is the Ford Kuga Titanium (2.0l turbo with conventional 6spd auto.)

Transporter
29-11-2015, 04:09 PM
Any vehicle with the auto transmission is a bit of worry to keep a long term, Ford Kuga is no exemption. The 6 speed DSG are generally fine. Also 8sp ZF autos (Amarok) have a good reliability record.

SIRIoz
29-11-2015, 04:17 PM
Hi SIRIoz- how long have you had it for? I'm in a similar position with a big dog (greyhound) but I don't want a monstrous everyday vehicle to transport it probably once a month. Our current vehicle fits the job perfectly, but is getting a bit old. I'd be going for the Sport Luxury pack for sure, not so sure on the Driver Assistance pack. (A quick scan through the forum has made me even more dubious of it's worth.)

Yes, that would be a definite inclusion. Does that lock you into servicing at a VW dealer (from what I've read?)

That's good to know for once it's out of warranty. I'd even consider doing it myself- even if I need to acquire some equipment.

Yes, I've heard it's mainly the 7 speed, but I've found enough on 6 speed issues for it to concern me. If I was looking to sell after the warranty period that wouldn't be such a concern, but I planning on owning this vehicle long term.

The other vehicle I'm interested in is the Ford Kuga Titanium (2.0l turbo with conventional 6spd auto.)

Only about 2 months. It is almost identical to our old subaru outback. We looked at the new outback but it was too big outside and came with a smaller boot. Inside Adaptive cruise is insanely great and apple carplay was the clincher.

Golf Alltrack

murcod
30-11-2015, 09:58 PM
Thanks for the info. I'm not seeing a DSG as good proposition for a long term owner. It would make me so mad if it started playing up and I had to fight VW to get it fixed. It's a pity because they sound like a really good trans - when operating correctly. :(

brad
01-12-2015, 08:08 AM
Thanks for the info. I'm not seeing a DSG as good proposition for a long term owner. It would make me so mad if it started playing up and I had to fight VW to get it fixed. It's a pity because they sound like a really good trans - when operating correctly. :(

Don't choose a CVT then - We've had 3 CVT vehicles & they are shockers. Best you stick with a torque converter slushbox & pay the extra for fuel

murcod
01-12-2015, 08:56 AM
Don't choose a CVT then - We've had 3 CVT vehicles & they are shockers. Best you stick with a torque converter slushbox & pay the extra for fuel

Yes, any vehicle with a CVT would be treated with caution (although Subaru and Toyota seem have at least got them working well.) I've got a Kizashi at the moment (6 speed manual) and there are a lot of owners I'm aware of who have the CVT and had them replaced or the overheat and go into a "limp home" mode. Mostly overseas owners though. They use a JATCO CVT (which a lot of Nissan models also use.)

I've always had manuals, but this time it will be an auto. I'll still have a look at a Golf Alltrack sometime- I won't be buying for at least a couple of months.

Golf Alltrack
01-12-2015, 07:28 PM
I was offered a half day test drive which would be a good option if you want to test it on your greyhound. To be honest, the floor is higher than I expected but I expect a girl would fit in the rear without problem and a boy probably would too but it might be a line ball - I have 2 whippets and they fit a little bit uncomfortably (for them) in the very back with rear blind and rear seats both up.

murcod
01-12-2015, 10:19 PM
Ours is a girl but she is big (around 33kg). Going by the measurements (from the spec sheet) it shouldn't be too bad.

SIRIoz
02-12-2015, 09:47 AM
The rear floor can also be dropped about 100mm.

Golf Alltrack

murcod
02-12-2015, 01:22 PM
Interesting. Is that the whole of the rear cargo area floor that can be lowered?

The official specs say 936mm "luggage load height- to roof lining."

SIRIoz
02-12-2015, 03:52 PM
Yes it is the whole floor. Currently at its standart height i can store a lot of gear in the space above the spare wheel and the floor. If i remove the supports that 'suspend' the floor (i can copy the owners manual instruction if you like) i get the extra space.

Having all that space just below the floor is great for storing[emoji846] luggage i dont want my lab to eat

Golf Alltrack

murcod
02-12-2015, 10:15 PM
Having all that space just below the floor is great for storing[emoji846] luggage i dont want my lab to eat

So the false floor must be very strong (to support a Lab)?

PS: Just try hiding some dog under there and see how long it takes for the Lab to get to it....

SIRIoz
04-12-2015, 07:44 AM
On page 150 of the manual it says the weight rating of the luggage compartment floor is 150kg - enough for several hungry labs[emoji3]

Golf Alltrack

Golf Alltrack
04-12-2015, 08:19 PM
And the Alltrack beats the CX-5 in the Drive Car of the Year Awards

2015 Drive Car of the Year: Best small SUV (http://www.drive.com.au/car-of-the-year/2015-drive-car-of-the-year-best-small-suv-20151124-gl6qlx.html)

murcod
04-12-2015, 10:57 PM
That was a very good review - thanks for posting it.

murcod
05-12-2015, 07:36 PM
SIRIoz - how good is the aircon in hot weather, especially for your dog in the back? I'm guessing we'd get similar weather in Summer.

SIRIoz
05-12-2015, 09:07 PM
Drove up to Yarrawonga on the Murray yesterday (high thirties) 3.5hr trip. Dog did not wake up. However wife had to turn her seat heater on as she was too cold. Every vent front and rear can be turned on/off individually so recon you can find a good balance.

Golf Alltrack

Dave124
08-12-2015, 10:19 PM
Hey Sirioz,

How is the fuel economy going?

SIRIoz
08-12-2015, 10:21 PM
8.6 over about 5000 km so far bike rack on roof for most of time as well

Golf Alltrack

Dave124
08-12-2015, 10:22 PM
Also for large dogs the boot space in the alltrack is fantastic. My 40kg dane x fits in with out an issue.

murcod
09-12-2015, 04:14 PM
I walked past a Golf R wagon the other day and was surprised at how small the cargo area appeared to be from the outside. Obviously it is bigger inside than it looks from the outside. :)

I don't think I'll end up with a Golf wagon as the servicing costs and DSG aspect don't sit too well with me planning on being a long term owner. :(

brad
10-12-2015, 09:01 AM
I don't think I'll end up with a Golf wagon as the servicing costs and DSG aspect don't sit too well with me planning on being a long term owner. :(

I do 23k per year and am now up to 167,000km (Skoda but they all cost the same to service). I get it serviced "professionally" every 10 months and do an interim oil/filter service at 5 months. Over 7 years of ownership my average yearly spend has been less than $700 including a new water pump, an N75 valve, a battery, a set of headlight bulbs and 4 sets of tyres. Still on original brakes but they are cheap if you use aftermarket.

DSG? Get something with the DSG6, service it regularly and it shouldn't give issues.

My very fussy mate runs DSG7 in his Polo and says it's been fine after the first rebuild:eek:

If the Alltrack is too small in the rear have you looked at an Octavia / Scout wagon?

If none of them satisfy you then probably you just aren't the "right type" for these vehicles.

murcod
10-12-2015, 12:16 PM
I do 23k per year and am now up to 167,000km (Skoda but they all cost the same to service). I get it serviced "professionally" every 10 months and do an interim oil/filter service at 5 months. Over 7 years of ownership my average yearly spend has been less than $700 including a new water pump, an N75 valve, a battery, a set of headlight bulbs and 4 sets of tyres. Still on original brakes but they are cheap if you use aftermarket.

DSG? Get something with the DSG6, service it regularly and it shouldn't give issues.

My very fussy mate runs DSG7 in his Polo and says it's been fine after the first rebuild:eek:

If the Alltrack is too small in the rear have you looked at an Octavia / Scout wagon?

If none of them satisfy you then probably you just aren't the "right type" for these vehicles.

Yes, I have looked at the Scout. The curved rear hatch limits it's potential for high loads- whereas the Alltrack is "squarer" (so friendlier to tall furry loads.)

Yes, I'm not the "right type". I don't blindly follow any car brand. I've owned vehicles made in multiple different countries (including Europe, Japan, Australia and Korea.) I buy what suits my purposes best and always evaluate the long term ownership costs and risks. The purchase price is often insignificant compared to the long term running costs. As I've grown older there's more "head" than "heart" involved in the vehicle decisions- otherwise I'd be buying myself a Lotus Elise and the wife would have a largish 4WD wagon. :)

murcod
11-12-2015, 01:04 PM
2015 Drive Car of the Year: Best small SUV (http://www.drive.com.au/car-of-the-year/2015-drive-car-of-the-year-best-small-suv-20151124-gl6qlx.html) - the Alltrack was judged best in category (with some caveats at the end.)

SIRIoz
12-12-2015, 01:25 PM
Yes, I have looked at the Scout. The curved rear hatch limits it's potential for high loads- whereas the Alltrack is "squarer" (so friendlier to tall furry loads.)

Yes, I'm not the "right type". I don't blindly follow any car brand. I've owned vehicles made in multiple different countries (including Europe, Japan, Australia and Korea.) I buy what suits my purposes best and always evaluate the long term ownership costs and risks. The purchase price is often insignificant compared to the long term running costs. As I've grown older there's more "head" than "heart" involved in the vehicle decisions- otherwise I'd be buying myself a Lotus Elise and the wife would have a largish 4WD wagon. :)

I agree - go with your head. The Alltrack is my first VW. Only time will tell if i made a great long term choice like the previous 10yo old subaru outback. At the moment i am so happy with the Alltrack. Happy to discuss in 9 years time.

Golf Alltrack

murcod
19-02-2016, 10:25 PM
So I just received an Email from VW Australia showing

Golf Alltrack 132TSI manual

· 1.8L TSI engine with BlueMotion Technology
· Driving profile selection with off-road mode
Rear View Camera (RVC)
from $39990 driveaway*

The "manual" part grabbed my attention, but clicking on the link only showed DSG available? I assume they've made a mistake in the advert?

Jondalar
22-02-2016, 12:33 PM
8.6 over about 5000 km so far bike rack on roof for most of time as well

Golf Alltrack

Hi SirIoz,

How's the economy now? I've been considering one of these, had a test drive and really liked it, but I'm comparing to my wife's Golf 110TDI which averages 5.5 long term. I'd get the diesel myself but just feel it lacks a little when you really push it. Also what sort of driving do you do?

Cheers,
Karl

fung9420
05-03-2016, 11:22 AM
Do u think the clearance of the alltrack would be capable to drive down to the beach on soft sand?
Alltrack ticks lots of boxes.

murcod
05-03-2016, 04:09 PM
I think the approach/ departure and ramp over angles would give you problems on anything but flat sandy beaches.

Flipper Dog
06-03-2016, 12:44 PM
Do u think the clearance of the alltrack would be capable to drive down to the beach on soft sand?
And how long is a piece of string?
I would think it would be capable to drive over soft sand (with reduced tyre pressures) to each the beach but depending on what the entry to the beach is would be only something you could access at the time.
No it would not go where the high clearance "proper" 4WDs go along well worn away tracks or wash outs, but is should keep up with the soft SUVs like Subaru.

brad
07-03-2016, 08:57 AM

It all depends on the driver.

There's a sand boat ramp near my mates holiday house. Some 2WD utes use it without issue but 10 minutes later a Range Rover gets bogged.

fung9420
09-03-2016, 04:40 PM
mm..
perhaps a pair of sand boards would be handy whenever planning to go on beach.

LunchboxVRS
16-03-2016, 06:45 PM
I'm looking at the golf all track wagon. And although they haven't been out for long I believe the engine is in a couple of Audi's (A1, A3 that I know of) and the new polo gti (although in different tunes) is this correct? Is it a new engine based on a de-stroked ea888 engine? any one know of any faults, oil consumption ect?

Can anyone shed some light?

I'm coming of a 2012 polo gti with oil consumption, failed dsg clutches and engine rattles galore so want to be sure if I stay VW I don't get another dud.

Peteintas
16-03-2016, 07:07 PM
I picked one up a few days ago, the 1.8 dsg is pretty quick off the mark for a family wagon, not sure about the engine heritage. I've not had any issues with it yet and would recommend it.

Eaglehawk
17-03-2016, 08:47 AM
At least it comes with a DQ250 transmission I think, so you're safe(r) from a DSG/clutch point of view. I don't think the 132TSI is the same as the super/turbo charged engine in the Polo GTI MY12, so you're safe(r) there too!

buzuki
17-03-2016, 07:35 PM
i think its similar to the current polo gti, so a baby ea888

neil
23-03-2016, 08:34 AM
Just sent email off to VWAUS , I had a look at one a few weeks ago at dealer , looked good , wanting wagon next , salesman to busy
to deal with me so I left , when I rang back to ask about the diesel option the receptionist indicated he thought it also came in diesel
and said he would get sales guy to call me back which didn't happen , now the online aussie test drives indicate its only available in ULP
so does anyone know if it comes in diesel. if not not interested.
stats has the current ulp version at 6.7L/100 and real testing at 8L/100 so Im not going to go from current diesel jetta 4.5L/100 (mostly
freeway) to double.

Peteintas
23-03-2016, 08:39 AM
Unfortunately no diesel for Australia at this stage, I believe there is a diesel variant of the Golf Alltrack for Europe though.

neil
23-03-2016, 09:45 AM
Thanks for that , they just lost a sale.

Unfortunately no diesel for Australia at this stage, I believe there is a diesel variant of the Golf Alltrack for Europe though.

andrew7
23-03-2016, 11:05 AM
Hi Neil, best VAG alternative is the Skoda Octavia Scout Diesel (AWD), can get it in manual or DSG and pretty good value (aim for 10-12% discount of RRP).

sillyboy
24-03-2016, 03:11 PM

The Diesel Golf all track is called Skoda Scout.:P

neil
28-03-2016, 10:08 PM
To Big

Hi Neil, best VAG alternative is the Skoda Octavia Scout Diesel (AWD), can get it in manual or DSG and pretty good value (aim for 10-12% discount of RRP).

neil
28-03-2016, 10:08 PM
To small

The Diesel Golf all track is called Skoda Scout.

brad
29-03-2016, 10:50 AM
To Big

To small

The Diesel Golf all track is called Skoda Scout.

Both too big & too small!

Maybe you could acquaint yourself with the "reply with quote" button on the bottom right hand side of each post?

murcod
06-04-2016, 10:35 AM
I'm looking around for a new/ near new vehicle with some cargo space. I want something nice to drive, well fitted out and it will have to be an auto (as much as I hate autos.)

The Golf Alltrack ticks a lot of the requirements, but long term I'm not so sure about it being a wise purchase? I see quite a few DSG type issues mentioned on here- even though a lot of people say that's no longer an issue with them. I'd be looking at keeping it long term-> possibly 5-10 years, so don't want something that is going to be an expensive head ache.

I notice the servicing costs are also at the higher end of the scale (eg. every 4 years one service over $1000.) There also seem to be a lot of posts regarding electrical issues on here?

I ended up going with a Ford Kuga Titanium. More money, but a better option for me. Thanks everyone for their help.

PS: I'm taking an extended OEM warranty out on it, just in case. :rolleyes:

Why?
10-04-2016, 09:43 PM
Hi looking at getting an Alltrack but would love some extra HP, would get a Type R but you cant get it with a towbar. Has anybody had any experience with tuning? My problem is partially because all my previous cars have had huge horsepower and I am finding everything I drive feels slow. I am getting this next car under Instructions from a higher power as my wife does not want our daughter being taught to drive in my current car. Thanks in advance.

brad
11-04-2016, 09:53 AM
Hi looking at getting an Alltrack but would love some extra HP, would get a Type R but you cant get it with a towbar. Has anybody had any experience with tuning? My problem is partially because all my previous cars have had huge horsepower and I am finding everything I drive feels slow. I am getting this next car under Instructions from a higher power as my wife does not want our daughter being taught to drive in my current car. Thanks in advance.

Look in the tuning area - there should be plenty of options.

You realise that while you can teach your daughter on a modded car, once she starts driving the car has to be unmodified (more or less). I'm teaching my daughter to drive at the moment and when she finally gets her licence I'll have to take the tune off my car for her to be legal.

Personally, i think they should learn in the biggest, most powerful car possible so they know what happens when you give it some squirt.

Why?
11-04-2016, 10:24 AM
Look in the tuning area - there should be plenty of options.

You realise that while you can teach your daughter on a modded car, once she starts driving the car has to be unmodified (more or less). I'm teaching my daughter to drive at the moment and when she finally gets her licence I'll have to take the tune off my car for her to be legal.

Personally, i think they should learn in the biggest, most powerful car possible so they know what happens when you give it some squirt.
My current car has over 280kW at the wheels and one must tread very gently or all hell breaks loose (its lots of fun) my son drove it on his L's but I can see where she is coming from. My son now has to make do with his Mazda 6 hatch (stock).

There seems to be a lot on the GTi but not the 1.8L 132TSI engine in the tuning area.

brad
11-04-2016, 10:48 AM
My current car has over 280kW at the wheels and one must tread very gently or all hell breaks loose (its lots of fun) my son drove it on his L's but I can see where she is coming from. My son now has to make do with his Mazda 6 hatch (stock).

There seems to be a lot on the GTi but not the 1.8L 132TSI engine in the tuning area.

I've got the original EA888 1.8L BZB block. A generic hand controller Bluefin tune brings it from 118kw to mid-130s and around 310-320nm.

For the Gen3 EA888 you probably need install at the workshop. I'd think mid-150s and around 350-370Nm?

Give DNA tuning a call - they might have something

fung9420
14-04-2016, 06:47 AM
I realise the alltrack reverse camera doesn't show the dynamic steering line.
That's weird. Aren't they the same other golf?
Misses been driving my car and got used to it. She really want those lines.

fung9420
14-04-2016, 06:49 AM
Why not a golf R wagon?
With a tune, it's faster than lots of cars on the road.

Why?
14-04-2016, 06:52 AM
Why not a golf R wagon?
With a tune, it's faster than lots of cars on the road.

Cant have a towbar on the R Wagon, otherwise I would. That was my first choice, same with the Audi S3 seems all the fun cars cant have towbars.

Billecartz
15-04-2016, 11:37 PM

Our Alltrack

Why?
16-04-2016, 08:42 AM
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/attachments/f197/22617-golf-alltrack-img_0328-jpg

Our Alltrack

Are you happy with it so far? Looking at placing a deposit Monday.

Billecartz
16-04-2016, 10:21 PM
Are you happy with it so far? Looking at placing a deposit Monday.

Yes its great, no problems. We have about 11,000km on it and its just starting to loosen up. Its fully loaded, so its a nice place to be.

X-Rated
17-04-2016, 02:04 PM
Yes its great, no problems. We have about 11,000km on it and its just starting to loosen up. Its fully loaded, so its a nice place to be.

How has the real-world fuel economy worked out, Billie?

A.

Why?
20-04-2016, 09:39 PM
After having another look on Saturday at the Alltrack I have decided to get a Skoda Octavia RS Wagon.......Hope it works out

LunchboxVRS
20-04-2016, 09:58 PM
After having another look on Saturday at the Alltrack I have decided to get a Skoda Octavia RS Wagon.......Hope it works out

I did the same thing. Arrived and Seen today. Pick it up Saturday. white 19' black, tech, Comfort, sunroof, auto tail.

Why?
21-04-2016, 07:45 AM
I did the same thing. Arrived and Seen today. Pick it up Saturday. white 19' black, tech, Comfort, sunroof, auto tail.

All though I said I would never have a dark car again I am going the black with 19" black out pack after seeing one at the dealers, possibly a few other things in it as well, putting off ordering till my daughter actually has her "L's" as so far she has just read the book. Guessing it wont be long but I am going to miss my fire breathing monster so am not in a hurry for it to go. (I recon I have about 2-3 weeks before it goes)

Alex31
25-04-2016, 09:15 AM
Hello, I am now looking at buying another VW, I am interested in the golf Alltrack, but it is only available in a petrol engine choice, the Passat Alltrack is a bit on the pricy side for me but it has a Diesel engine,
I will be doing approx 35k Kms a year and fuel efficiency is high on the priority list for me.
Do you recon the golf Alltrack will be available with a diesel option in the near future??

alexaescht
25-04-2016, 09:52 AM
Hello, I am now looking at buying another VW, I am interested in the golf Alltrack, but it is only available in a petrol engine choice, the Passat Alltrack is a bit on the pricy side for me but it has a Diesel engine,
I will be doing approx 35k Kms a year and fuel efficiency is high on the priority list for me.
Do you recon the golf Alltrack will be available with a diesel option in the near future??

Golf Alltrack won't come here as a diesel because that would hurt Passat Alltrack sales (and VW won't like that). If you want a diesel Golf Alltrack though, check out the Skoda Octavia Scout. It comes in the same 1.8TSI as the Golf Alltrack, as well as a manual 2.0 diesel and a 2.0 diesel with DSG auto.

Alex.

Alex31
26-04-2016, 09:40 AM
I have had a look at the Skoda, but it creeps over the $50k mark once you add some options. [emoji53]
Skoda dose not live up to there purpose in the Australian market IMHO
It's meant to be euro quality without the price tag. But it is more expensive than the golf...

LunchboxVRS
26-04-2016, 05:16 PM
I have had a look at the Skoda, but it creeps over the $50k mark once you add some options. [emoji53]
Skoda dose not live up to there purpose in the Australian market IMHO
It's meant to be euro quality without the price tag. But it is more expensive than the golf...

The all track gets to the $45k mark once optioned up and if there was diesel option it would be getting closer. but it still missing things that the Skoda has. Like 8 inch screen, electric passenger set ect

Why?
04-05-2016, 10:09 PM
Still have not decided.........I like the performance of the Skoda RS but being its for my daughters to learn in I like the security of AWD I drove them both again but still not sure leaning towards the golf again. Got a ripper price today for a 2016 Build Alltrack with towbar and Lux/Sports pack $41800 drive away..........

AdamD
05-05-2016, 09:07 AM
Still have not decided.........I like the performance of the Skoda RS but being its for my daughters to learn in I like the security of AWD

I honestly think that the notion of AWD being safer or more secure is a furphy - particularly so when we're talking the Haldex system as used in the Alltrack and other MQB-platform cars. The system is usually 100% FWD and only directs drive rearward (and only a maximum of 50% torque may be sent to the rear) when the system detects front wheelspin. So under braking, or off-throttle the car is 100% FWD.

The traction control system in these cars is also quite quick and effective (and the Octavia RS has the XDS electronic differential lock), so even an extremely ham-fisted driver who decides to floor the throttle, in the wet and with a significant amount of steering lock on, is only going to get a limited amount of understeer before the TC, XDS and ESP rein things in.

The Haldex system is great for getting a quick launch in, or for extra powerdown in the wet when pushing on (particularly in high powered cars). But it doesn't deliver bulk safety benefits. I have a Haldex AWD Audi S3 and my mother drives an Octavia RS wagon; the RS feels every bit as secure in the wet unless you're intentionally being a clown.

agentthumb
05-05-2016, 12:43 PM
I honestly think that the notion of AWD being safer or more secure is a furphy - particularly so when we're talking the Haldex system as used in the Alltrack and other MQB-platform cars. The system is usually 100% FWD and only directs drive rearward (and only a maximum of 50% torque may be sent to the rear) when the system detects front wheelspin. So under braking, or off-throttle the car is 100% FWD.

The traction control system in these cars is also quite quick and effective (and the Octavia RS has the XDS electronic differential lock), so even an extremely ham-fisted driver who decides to floor the throttle, in the wet and with a significant amount of steering lock on, is only going to get a limited amount of understeer before the TC, XDS and ESP rein things in.

The Haldex system is great for getting a quick launch in, or for extra powerdown in the wet when pushing on (particularly in high powered cars). But it doesn't deliver bulk safety benefits. I have a Haldex AWD Audi S3 and my mother drives an Octavia RS wagon; the RS feels every bit as secure in the wet unless you're intentionally being a clown.

This! Plus, I would have thought it would be good to teach a beginner how to properly control wheel spin, understeer and oversteer in different driving conditions (under supervision of course) rather then just getting them across the line passing the driving exam, but are clueless the moment they get into their own car? Which if budget is an issue, is most likely to be FWD with basic to no electronic driving aids?

Also, there is the extra maintenance cost of the AWD system. Haldex oil is expensive and needs to be replaced fairly often.

Why?
05-05-2016, 06:39 PM
I have owned several STi's and even an old RS Turbo back in the early 90's and an A6 Quattro with the 4.2 V8, I currently drive a 500Plus horsepower VF and I miss having all wheel drive especially in the wet. The Alltrack if i get it will be modified. The Skoda would also be modified. The girls will also be driving my Herrod modified XR6 Ute. They will eventually purchase there own cars and like my son spend the the last 3 or 4 months prior to getting their licences driving them. They won't be just getting across the line.

I for the record hate driving aids and have all of them that I can turned off in my car. I will not be optioning either of the cars with any driving aid options.

agentthumb
05-05-2016, 06:53 PM
Was not having a go at you. But your post did imply you wanted AWD for extra safety because your girls are learning.

Do you also turn off ESC and Traction control when just driving around? How about ABS? Would you opt not to have it if possible?

Why?
05-05-2016, 07:06 PM
Was not having a go at you. But your post did imply you wanted AWD for extra safety because your girls are learning.

Do you also turn off ESC and Traction control when just driving around? How about ABS? Would you opt not to have it if possible?

I turn off everything when doing track days, ABS is a pain but great for day to day driving especially for in experienced drivers. ESC I leave on but really not fussed. What I have turned off permanently on my car are the lane departure, forward collision and all the bloody parking sensors. If I'm wanting to just have some fun I put it in track mode (Gives me launch control, limits ESC and firms up steering).

Yes I did imply the for extra safety because the girls are learning and as we live inner city and almost all the roads have tram tracks I think its an advantage in the wet. In the dry there is really no difference.

AdamD
06-05-2016, 08:47 AM
I have owned several STi's and even an old RS Turbo back in the early 90's and an A6 Quattro with the 4.2 V8, I currently drive a 500Plus horsepower VF and I miss having all wheel drive especially in the wet. The Alltrack if i get it will be modified. The Skoda would also be modified.

The Haldex AWD is quite different to the systems in the Subarus and the A6, which are far more mechanical and apportion drive to the rear full-time. Those will genuinely give you extra stability under engine braking etc - unlike the Haldex system, which really is only on-demand, and only to a limited degree. It's also possible to get momentary front-wheel wheelspin under certain conditions, because just like ESP, the Haldex relies on sensors before it reacts.

There are only so many modifications you'll be able to make to an Allroad for performance - it's certainly never going to get to the point where it'd be a handful for even a relatively inexperienced driver unless you're prepared to make substantial changes. The Octavia is a different story - the 2.0 TSI has room for upwards of 250fwkw on the stock turbo if you're keen - but it'll still remain easily controllable in the wet with a bit of prudence - certainly much, much easier to drive than a big-power ute with no weight over the rear wheels, which can be a real handful.

Also bear in mind that you won't be able to fully disable the ESP in any of these cars. Traction control can be disabled, sure, but you won't get any kind of oversteer shenanigans going with any of these cars, without very creative provocation.

Why?
06-05-2016, 09:45 AM
The Haldex AWD is quite different to the systems in the Subarus and the A6, which are far more mechanical and apportion drive to the rear full-time. Those will genuinely give you extra stability under engine braking etc - unlike the Haldex system, which really is only on-demand, and only to a limited degree. It's also possible to get momentary front-wheel wheelspin under certain conditions, because just like ESP, the Haldex relies on sensors before it reacts.

There are only so many modifications you'll be able to make to an Allroad for performance - it's certainly never going to get to the point where it'd be a handful for even a relatively inexperienced driver unless you're prepared to make substantial changes. The Octavia is a different story - the 2.0 TSI has room for upwards of 250fwkw on the stock turbo if you're keen - but it'll still remain easily controllable in the wet with a bit of prudence - certainly much, much easier to drive than a big-power ute with no weight over the rear wheels, which can be a real handful.

Also bear in mind that you won't be able to fully disable the ESP in any of these cars. Traction control can be disabled, sure, but you won't get any kind of oversteer shenanigans going with any of these cars, without very creative provocation.

You learn something new everyday. I'm still waiting on Skoda to give me a price on the Skoda with 19inch black pack and towbar, I enjoyed driving the Skoda, I'll wait for then to decide. My heart say's the RS but my brain the Alltrack.

Maybe I should have done some more reading up on the AWD system I just assumed they would be similar.

Bayman
28-05-2016, 10:40 PM
AWD Haldex Oil expensive? My Tiguan only has it replaced every 60,000kms - not a big issue in maintenance cost as I see it. Also tyre wear is much more even in Tiguan than the two FWD golfs we have.

murcod
17-06-2016, 01:38 PM

That's interesting. I was under the impression the TF Kuga system was very similar, however Ford apparently updated it from the earlier TE (which I think did use the Haldex system?)

I can get a display up on the instruments which shows the torque division being sent to each wheel. It is actually sending torque to the rear wheels even with no traction loss from the front. Taking off I've even seen more torque to the rear than front wheels. The torque to the rear drops off as speed increases until it appears to switch to FWD only.

I'm still running it in, but have noticed it grips well (with no front end traction loss) when turning on wet bitumen. The same corners would have my FWD Kizashi's traction light flickering and obvious wheel spin.

VicLes
23-06-2016, 05:34 PM
Admin, please relocate correct thread, otherwise here I go.

Just taken delivery of the new golf alltrack. Thinking of taking it to the snow this winter. Need some advise as to which snow chains would be suitable since seems to be minimal clearance between front tyres and suspension components. Would any 7mm or 9mm chains be okay? or need to get the expensive Thule K-Summit type. Any advise is appreciated.

Cheers,
Vic

brad
23-06-2016, 06:39 PM

Just taken delivery of the new golf alltrack. Thinking of taking it to the snow this winter. Need some advise as to which snow chains would be suitable since seems to be minimal clearance between front tyres and suspension components. Would any 7mm or 9mm chains be okay? or need to get the expensive Thule K-Summit type. Any advise is appreciated.

Cheers,
Vic
I think you'll find a lot is covered in the manual.

In the back of my mind, VW only recomend chains on 205 section tyres.

You might have to buy a set of cheapies or fit some hub spacers.

The best place to ask is one of the UK or Euro based forums. Even have a look at what Skoda Scout owners do.

VicLes
23-06-2016, 09:00 PM
Hmmmm.... if thats the case I could be in trouble since my alltrack comes with 225/45/18
Will do more reading before purchase. Thanks

brad
24-06-2016, 09:54 AM
Hmmmm.... if thats the case I could be in trouble since my alltrack comes with 225/45/18
Will do more reading before purchase. Thanks

As I said, look on the overseas forums as they deal with this stuff more regularly than here. I've seen some amazing chain solutions on Briskoda.

In the long run, you are probably better to buy a set of 16x6.5 rims and fit them with winter or proper snow tyres - probably 195/60r16. 2nd hand 16" rims are cheap - esp if they have some gutter rash. You'll get the rims for $100-$150. No rash are only $400 with tyres.

16" rims fit over 312mm brakes. If you have 288mm you can go down to 15"

MkVIGTI
24-06-2016, 10:34 PM
The traction control system in these cars is also quite quick and effective in the wet.

Can't pull out of side st quickly in the wet with my GTI, spins the wheels and TC will cut power. Also the dreaded axle tramp is worse in the wet.

z1000
12-07-2016, 03:57 PM
Alltrack is almost perfect for my needs, if not for two things.

(1) Space saver wheel - How narrow is it, could it be swapped out for a full sized spare without raising the boot floor?

(2) When touring, can I put on 16 inch wheels (16x6.5) with higher profile rubbers instead? For a more compliant and puncture proof ride on B roads.

Thanks

Why?
12-07-2016, 05:36 PM
1, yes thats what I have done
2, I would believe so as the brakes disks have plenty of clearance (they're not that big)

helium777
18-07-2016, 11:14 AM
Hi all, not sure if this is the right thread to raise this. Need some help with my Golf Alltrack tire...
I just gotten my front tire of my Alltrack clipped and required replacement. It's a original R18 tire from VW (Goodyear Efficient Grip Performance). It seems the local shops here doesn't have the same tire available. I tried calling VW but haven't got my reply yet.

I originally thought I could just get some tire of the same specification but my local tire shop was adamant that it has to be identical which he doesn't have the stock. I supposed I like to know if it has to be identical tire or just any similar would do?

Appreciate some advice... Thanks!

agentthumb
18-07-2016, 04:46 PM
Hi all, not sure if this is the right thread to raise this. Need some help with my Golf Alltrack tire...
I just gotten my front tire of my Alltrack clipped and required replacement. It's a original R18 tire from VW (Goodyear Efficient Grip Performance). It seems the local shops here doesn't have the same tire available. I tried calling VW but haven't got my reply yet.

I originally thought I could just get some tire of the same specification but my local tire shop was adamant that it has to be identical which he doesn't have the stock. I supposed I like to know if it has to be identical tire or just any similar would do?

You should run the same tyres with similar wear on the same axle, ideally, all 4 should be the same.

brad
18-07-2016, 07:20 PM

Legally you can run different brand / pattern tyres providing they are the same construction and size. If you intend to do this, you should put them on the back as it will give slightly more predictable handling.

Best practice is to have matching brand, tread pattern, size, load rating & speed rating on the same axle (and preferably on all 4 corners).

Unfortunately, you'll probably have to buy two tyres (and put them on the back).

Have you contacted Goodyear to see if they can get you a tyre? VW has nothing to do with what the tyre makers bring in.

What size are they?

Do you have a photo of the damage?

helium777
18-07-2016, 08:59 PM
Legally you can run different brand / pattern tyres providing they are the same construction and size. If you intend to do this, you should put them on the back as it will give slightly more predictable handling.

Best practice is to have matching brand, tread pattern, size, load rating & speed rating on the same axle (and preferably on all 4 corners).

Unfortunately, you'll probably have to buy two tyres (and put them on the back).

Have you contacted Goodyear to see if they can get you a tyre? VW has nothing to do with what the tyre makers bring in.

What size are they?

Do you have a photo of the damage?

Hi Brad,

Thanks! I just thought no harm calling VW. Got in touch with a few local shops and Goodyear, they confirmed no stock for the tire. It was "stock" GY Efficientgrip Performance (I am assuming all car of the same specs uses same tire?) 225/45/R18 that came with the lux package. Was quite badly clipped on the inside wall due and I count my lucky star that the rim was relatively unscathed.

Anyway, I finally got a call from VW before the day end and they recommended getting just as you said a pair. Quoted me for Pirelli PZero. As I don't know much about tire, I just gone ahead to arrange that with my local shop. Hopefully VW's recommendation is good.

Cheers
TT

brad
19-07-2016, 01:56 AM
Don't do it. They are ****e. Good for the first 3mm and heartbrake after that.

Get some Michelin PS3 or Primacy 3 - around $235 or Goodyear Eagle Efficient Grip (will be similar to what you've got) for $300 each.

If you still want Pirelli, give Tempe Tyres a call. They are usually cheapest in Sydney for Pirelli

helium777
19-07-2016, 07:20 PM
Don't do it. They are ****e. Good for the first 3mm and heartbrake after that.

Get some Michelin PS3 or Primacy 3 - around $235 or Goodyear Eagle Efficient Grip (will be similar to what you've got) for $300 each.

If you still want Pirelli, give Tempe Tyres a call. They are usually cheapest in Sydney for Pirelli

Oh... Anyway the P Zero didn't go through. They didn't have the right ratings. I might check out Tempe tires. Thanks!

brad
20-07-2016, 12:01 PM
What load & speed rating are the original tyres?

helium777
20-07-2016, 01:28 PM
95W...

brad
20-07-2016, 03:41 PM
95W...

Michelin Primacy 3 ST 95W (you could also use a Y speed rating) $235 each they have 4 in stock

helium777
20-07-2016, 11:45 PM
Thanks.. It's all settled...
Now the spare R18 tire... hmm....

murcod
22-07-2016, 02:00 PM
A point on the Pirelli's- the "P Zero" name covers a number of differing model tyres from Pirell (http://www.pirelli.com/tyres/en-au/car/find-your-tyres/tyre-catalogue-car)i. Some supposedly not so good. I've got the P Zero Asimmetrico on my Kizashi and they're a good tyre, a big step up from the stock Yokohama low noise/ fuel efficient tyres.

isaacinsoll
24-07-2016, 05:49 PM
What gearbox is in these alltracks? It it a reliable wet one or the troublesome dry 7 speed?

fung9420
24-07-2016, 11:14 PM
As I read from, They are dq250. Same as golf R.

daljames
25-07-2016, 07:32 AM
Hi All,

I live in the Skoda Octavia and Passat B7 sections (and the Polo section before that..).

In Australia, our Octavia Scouts do not come with offroad mode, despite it being activated in the UK.

Asking a favour from anyone with a Golf Alltrack and VCDS to do a scan for me please? The modules i need scanned are Auto trans (DSG), ABS, the central electrics, the AWD and the stereo. I need both the coding and adaptation channels scanned.

If you have an Alltrack but no VCDS and live in Sydney or Newcastle and are ok if i scan it, please let me know.

Thanks in advance!

Davidoriginal
15-08-2016, 02:58 PM
Hi All

Can anyone explain to me if the headlamp cornering lights work on the Golf Alltrack and when do they come on?
I thought because it was a Bixenon lamp that the main headlight would turn but when I went to the dealership to have a look the headlamps they didn't seem to move about when the car started.

There is also a halogen blub that points out sideways and I was wondering if that would ever come on when cornering too?

I am not talking about the static fog lights that come on when you turn and signal at slow speeds.

turbojetta83
17-08-2016, 01:12 PM
Hi All

Can anyone explain to me if the headlamp cornering lights work on the Golf Alltrack and when do they come on?
I thought because it was a Bixenon lamp that the main headlight would turn but when I went to the dealership to have a look the headlamps they didn't seem to move about when the car started.

There is also a halogen blub that points out sideways and I was wondering if that would ever come on when cornering too?

I am not talking about the static fog lights that come on when you turn and signal at slow speeds.

Hey David,

With regard to the dynamic cornering lights, they should always be on (or active more specifically). There's usually a self test of the headlights a few seconds after they turn on that moves them through their motion axis - up/down, left/right. The way I believe it works is, if you're steering left, they aim left (not a huge amount, maybe 10 or 15 degrees) and vice-verser when steering right. The amount it aims also appears to depend on how much you turn the steering wheel and your relative speed.

The separate static cornering lamps which are indeed halogen come on at lower speeds, specifically when you turn the steering wheel enough and/or you have your left/right indicator on. At high speed these lamps don't illuminate. I believe that with the Xenon lighting package (which the Alltrack has in all trim levels) the static cornering lamp IS the sideways pointing light in the main headlight cluster. The fog lights in the lower grill are only just that, fog lights. However, I believe in halogen headlight equipped cars the fog lights do double up as static cornering lights also.

Hope this helps.

Cheers.

Davidoriginal
19-08-2016, 04:06 PM
Thanks turbojetta83

I have had the Golf Alltrack for a few nights and can see that the headlights move up and down (self level), and also slightly left to right as a turn the wheel (dynamic cornering).

At the slower speeds when I turn corners I notice a warm light (halogens) shoot do the side. I am guessing these are from the static cornering lamps in the headlight housing you described. These are an excellent feature as my previous Golf Mk7 Comfortline 90TSI had standard halogen headlights and no fog lamps and it was sometimes difficult to see driving around wet winter evenings in the leafy suburbs.

I still have to check the fog lamps to see if they're coming on or not when I turn, I think they're still coming on when I reverse and turn at slow speeds when signaling but I will have to check properly. Plan on changing these to a whiter halogen (maybe 4200k) to match with the rest of the lights.

Also it annoys me how the boot has a single halogen lamp (has a lot of boot space to cover) when the rest of the interior is LED.

Besides the slightly higher fuel consumption (comparative to the other non-performance Golfs) the Alltrack is hard to flaw so far. Have to see how many recalls or rattles I go in for. Also for those interest the difference in the MY17 model was a frameless rear view mirrow but functionally the same. As there isn't much activity in this thread I assume other owners don't have issues or aren't sharing.

turbojetta83
22-08-2016, 11:07 AM
Cheers David,

Glad you're enjoying your new Alltrack.

I agree, the cornering lamps are an excellent feature. My previous car (a Mk5 Jetta) had Xenon headlights which were great themselves, and it was one of things I absolutely didn't want to lose with a new car purchase. The additional cornering lamps and dynamic cornering feature just about perfect an already great package. But I too am thinking of replacing the warm coloured halogens with something in the range of maybe 5000k to match the Xenon's colour tone.

Like you, I was disappointed with the halogen globe above the boot space as well, and promptly changed it out with an LED globe (also changed the halogen globe in the glove-box with an LED). I've further added an additional LED light fitting into the boot (tapped into the wiring of the existing boot light) to the side moulding where the wheel jack is, this lights up the boot interior when the cargo blind is drawn. It annoyed me that it was pitch black under there and that I had to always retract the blind to see anything.

I've had a couple of very minor rattles crop up, one in each side of the front doors, but that's about it. I'm not going to bother mentioning these to VW, as they most likely "won't be able to hear anything" and like most others, prefer to remove trim panels etc. myself. When I have another free weekend, I'm thinking of adding some further sound deadening material into the front doors and I'll track down and resolve the minor rattles at the same time.

All-in-all, exceptionally happy with the car.

helium777
07-09-2016, 01:48 PM
Hi all, just discover a small problem with my alltrack and like to find out if this is normal.

I just found out there is a small gap between the windscreen and the dash. It wide and deep enough to "swallow" a parking ticket, which unfortunately happened to me, but not enough for fingers to fit through. It took me 10mins to dig the parking ticket out!

I wonder if this is normal or I should have this checked by VW. thanks in advance!

mckennadt
07-09-2016, 03:03 PM
Hi all, just discover a small problem with my alltrack and like to find out if this is normal.

I just found out there is a small gap between the windscreen and the dash. It wide and deep enough to "swallow" a parking ticket, which unfortunately happened to me, but not enough for fingers to fit through. It took me 10mins to dig the parking ticket out!

I wonder if this is normal or I should have this checked by VW. thanks in advance!

Happened in my MK6, I'd be willing to bet (but don't want to try) it would happen in my MK7.

brad
07-09-2016, 03:34 PM

Normal.

Skoda have a ticket holder that probably fits.
like this (http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Genuine-Volkswagen-AUDI-SEAT-SKODA-parking-ticket-holder-/231667167127?hash=item35f0706f97:g:2KAAAOSw6BtVURw y) but you shouldn't need the extra frippery.

Or search ebay for "parking ticket holder". You can buy stick-ons that look OK

helium777
09-09-2016, 06:21 AM
Thanks! I might find a way to seal it off..

phaeton
30-10-2016, 06:18 PM
Picked up my new MY17 Pure White Golf Alltrack with DAP yesterday :D
These pictures are at the top of Tilleys Hill Road, Brownhill Creek

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/10/20161030_125752_zpsysguqoyf-1.jpg

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/10/20161030_125554_zpsibvfawy7-1.jpg

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/10/20161030_125529_zpsr119nlbx-1.jpg

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/10/20161030_125513_zpshyj54qb9-1.jpg

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/10/20161030_125503_zpsyfqfplut-1.jpg

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/10/20161030_125449_zpspguylt2k-1.jpg

AdamD
31-10-2016, 08:17 AM
Picked up my new MY17 Pure White Golf Alltrack with DAP yesterday :D

Very nice Ben - congrats! :cool:

phaeton
09-12-2016, 09:37 PM
Very nice Ben - congrats! :cool:

Thanks Adam ;)

Haven't driven the Alltrack much unfortunately.
I have been rotating between it and the Golf & Jetta.

murcod
18-12-2016, 11:32 AM
I spotted a red Golf Alltrack driving around Kangaroo Island on Tuesday. I think it had NSW rego (yellow plates)- was it anyone on here?

NjB
24-12-2016, 04:24 PM
Repost from another thread: Any idea which month the updated Mk 7.5 Golf will go on sale in Oz, specifically the Alltrack? Also will the Alltrack get the digital dash etc?

Shmacky
01-01-2017, 06:14 PM
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2017/01/1cac56effe9a49898fd1acf400691c52-2.jpg

Had ours for just on a week. Just hit 1000kms. Loving it so far!

Foxpuppet
01-01-2017, 08:29 PM

Cheers,
Vic

How did you end up Vic? Thought of trying this? I own your big brother (Passat Alltrack) and also have to check on my snow chain situation for this coming season.

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2017/01/e7b5ca831a94fe54e4296ac4cdf497cepng-2.jpg

neil
02-01-2017, 10:10 PM
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2017/01/1cac56effe9a49898fd1acf400691c52-1.jpg

Had ours for just on a week. Just hit 1000kms. Loving it so far!

Yeah looks like you been way to busy to do the mowing to :-D

Shmacky
04-01-2017, 11:53 AM
Yeah looks like you been way to busy to do the mowing to :-D

Haha, I tried to cut a lot of it out. New house. Front is the only thing left to do. You should see to the right..... Anyone know of a gardening forum lol?

winchy
18-02-2017, 04:39 PM
Hi all.
Signed the dotted line today for a 2017 build Alltrack in standard trim. Have moved from a modified Amarok we had for just over 5 years.
Exciting times ahead I hope.

winchy
06-03-2017, 08:21 AM
Thinking this rear bumper cutout was a bit dodgy, I see you can actually buy a cover for it.
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2017/03/79db1f5780aa3b42299e0c6ff86b8e84-3.jpg.
But sit down.... About $130 from ebay in the UK. Part #ZGB5G9071568.
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2017/03/eb319333ec76c183bde342b664de6b00-3.jpg
I shall enquire locally to see if it's available from a dealer.

agentthumb
06-03-2017, 10:04 AM
Thinking this rear bumper cutout was a bit dodgy, I see you can actually buy a cover for it.

I shall enquire locally to see if it's available from a dealer.

That's what I thought as well when I discovered it... thought they'd left a part out from factory. Still wish we can get the Euro version of tow hitch, it swings out from that hole when you pull a handle in the boot, and folds back up nicely.

winchy
06-03-2017, 10:39 AM
So not on the Aus data base...Unfortunate [emoji53] .
Astonishing that this bit of plastic is left out and worse, not even an option here.

VW Golf ESTATE MK7 rear bumper towbar pop out panel ZGB5G9071568 New genuine VW | eBay (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/122340531990)

Gary_in_Tas
10-03-2017, 02:21 PM
g'day all,

I've had my Alltrack (with DAP) now for just over a month and love it! My previous car was a 2003 Mazda 323, so a 2016 VW Golf is quite a step up for me and it's difficult to not be impressed. The technology in these new cars is amazing, I can't get over the info available in the instrument cluster and what the Media System can do. A lot of reviews I watched on YouTube for the Alltrack made mention that it wasn't terribly remarkable when it comes to performance but I've found it to be much more than I expected it to be, it's a rocket compared to my old Mazda. It's also a lot better than the Subaru Outback I test drove, it's sluggishness is what turned me off it straight away as an option for my new car.

Only thing I'm maybe a little disappointed with is the tyres, they seem noticeably noisy on some road surfaces, so if that continues I can't wait for them to wear out so I can get something a little better.

Only thing I've done to him so far is an LED globe in the rear, whiter cornering bulbs to match the headlights and mirror lowering in reverse using the OBDEleven.

I'd like to play with the OBDEleven a bit more but it's all a bit scary at the moment, so I'll take it easy with that.

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2017/03/IMG_0325-1.jpg

Gary_in_Tas
11-03-2017, 01:04 PM
g'day all,

I've had my Alltrack (with DAP) now for just over a month and love it! My previous car was a 2003 Mazda 323, so a 2016 VW Golf is quite a step up for me and it's difficult to not be impressed. The technology in these new cars is amazing, I can't get over the info available in the instrument cluster and what the Media System can do. A lot of reviews I watched on YouTube for the Alltrack made mention that it wasn't terribly remarkable when it comes to performance but I've found it to be much more than I expected it to be, it's a rocket compared to my old Mazda. It's also a lot better than the Subaru Outback I test drove, it's sluggishness is what turned me off it straight away as an option for my new car.

Only thing I'm maybe a little disappointed with is the tyres, they seem noticeably noisy on some road surfaces, so if that continues I can't wait for them to wear out so I can get something a little better.

Only thing I've done to him so far is an LED globe in the rear, whiter cornering bulbs to match the headlights and mirror lowering in reverse using the OBDEleven.

I'd like to play with the OBDEleven a bit more but it's all a bit scary at the moment, so I'll take it easy with that.

Shmacky
12-03-2017, 11:05 PM

We came from a Mazda too, and love the VW.

What globes did you use for the cornering lights?

And what mirror are you lowering in reverse? The passenger mirror already lowers without any hacking, just needs to be setup.

Gary_in_Tas
13-03-2017, 10:46 AM
What globes did you use for the cornering lights?

And what mirror are you lowering in reverse? The passenger mirror already lowers without any hacking, just needs to be setup.

I got Philips WhiteVision 4300k globes, not a perfect match for the headlights but much better than the warm white globes that came with the car.

Maybe the (passenger) mirror lowering is set up without hacking, to be honest I didn't look, I just played with the OBDEleven Apps - in which case I guess I wasted 10 credits :-/

winchy
19-03-2017, 12:16 PM
Anybody know what this linkage/ switch is for?http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2017/03/9e23805a87efa2f99305cb27b6000fe9-2.jpghttp://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2017/03/f427933081d179c44b75574a65896876-3.jpg

Something to do with the stability control maybe?
It's 2 plastic linkages connected to the rear left control arm and then terminating with a switch.

Lucas_R
19-03-2017, 12:19 PM
^ xenon headlight leveller

winchy
19-03-2017, 12:21 PM
That was quick! Thanks mate.[emoji106]

philthy
25-03-2017, 11:16 AM
Hi folks. Has anyone seen one of these lowered? I like the idea of the AWD, 1.8 TSI and wagon, but not so keen on the jacked up look. I wouldn't be going down muddy tracks and don't need an R.

Cheers.

LibraR
25-03-2017, 05:33 PM
Nobody really needs an R... that's part of what is so good about them!! I think if you lowered the alltrack you would be wise to keep all the oem bits to return it to standard height at sale time. It's a fairly niche market anyway and a lowered variant of it even more so in my view.

That said, they do stand pretty tall as they are made so i can understand the concept of what you are considering 👍

philthy
26-03-2017, 08:55 AM
Yeah just because I don't need an R doesn't mean I don't want one :)

brad
27-03-2017, 08:55 AM
Hi folks. Has anyone seen one of these lowered? I like the idea of the AWD, 1.8 TSI and wagon, but not so keen on the jacked up look. I wouldn't be going down muddy tracks and don't need an R.

Cheers.

Is the AllTrack like the Skoda Scout equivalent where it uses both taller springs & (20mm?) bigger diameter tyres to achieve the extra height?

There's no reason the shorter springs won't fit but how much lower are you thinking?

Dutch77
27-03-2017, 09:38 AM
Anything's possible. :)

Shmacky
27-03-2017, 09:49 PM
A few guys are lowering in The States. One guy is installing airbags in it next week.

But they can also get the normal Golf Sportswagon with 4Motion, just doesn't come in the premium trim like the Alltrack.

nectar
29-03-2017, 03:53 PM
Repost from another thread: Any idea which month the updated Mk 7.5 Golf will go on sale in Oz, specifically the Alltrack? Also will the Alltrack get the digital dash etc?

mid-late july.

i just bought a black one with luxury package (mk7) but none in oz, asked if i will get the update and advised yes, but $3500 more....not very happy considering i was told on monday, but bought the damn thing 3 1/2 weeks ago.....

philthy
30-03-2017, 04:56 PM
Is the AllTrack like the Skoda Scout equivalent where it uses both taller springs & (20mm?) bigger diameter tyres to achieve the extra height?

There's no reason the shorter springs won't fit but how much lower are you thinking?

Nothing too silly, say GTI height.

philthy
30-03-2017, 04:58 PM
Anything's possible. :)

This is cool :thumbup:

philthy
30-03-2017, 05:27 PM

Borrowed from Vvwortex

Shmacky
10-04-2017, 08:53 PM
Bagged....

Kachingg
15-04-2017, 10:38 PM
Hi guys

i put a order in for a diesel alltrack 135kw diesel as it has the gtd motor (without fake sound pumped in yay)

i would have got the hatch gtd if it had been offered in aus but vw who can follow their logic
not quite as quick as the hatch but awd and i like the larger estate look and the size will be good for all the golf clubs and buggies ect i cart around every weekend

Do performance shops in aus offer a upgrade package as i have heard this motor will run 230 hp and 470nm of torque!

The new 7 speed wet clutch hi torque dsg should handle this i hope i know the awd system will as its in many upgraded golf r cars, anyone know what its torque rating is?

I think it a nice looking car (in tornado red as this is my color)

X-Rated
16-04-2017, 10:28 AM
Well, I'm with you, Kachingg. I'm a former GTD owner, who stupidly sold it.

The versatility of the wagon, combined with AWD and the strong diesel make this upcoming Alltrack a pretty appealing package for me.

A.

LibraR
16-04-2017, 02:08 PM
If it's the dq500 box in there (which I think it is) then it's good for 600Nm so tune away.... 😀

Nice choice!!

Kachingg
16-04-2017, 04:34 PM
I have been checking around cant find out if its the dq 380/381 rated at max 420 nm or the dq 500 at max 600 will have to wait till specs are released with launch i think

AdamD
16-04-2017, 05:05 PM
I believe it's the DQ380 - the same box fitted to the MY17.5 Golf R, FL 8V S3 etc.

Kachingg
17-04-2017, 06:08 PM
Yeah DQ380 it is... damn! max torque is 420 and the tune i was looking at is 450 nm

AdamD
18-04-2017, 08:31 AM
Yeah DQ380 it is... damn! max torque is 420 and the tune i was looking at is 450 nm

That hasn't stopped anyone before. The DQ250 was only rated for 350Nm max but the general consensus is it's good for over 500Nm on the stock clutches.

Kachingg
21-04-2017, 10:27 PM
Thanks AdamD

i will have to see if i want to risk it maybe a dsg upgrade will help with the extra torque

AdamD
24-04-2017, 08:47 AM
i will have to see if i want to risk it maybe a dsg upgrade will help with the extra torque

A DSG upgrade is usually just a tune, unless you actually upgrade the clutches, which is quite expensive and really only necessary if you're chasing big power (read: stage 3 or 4 builds).

I don't think you'll have any problems at all with a 450Nm tune.

Kachingg
25-04-2017, 12:50 PM
Thanks AdamD you have got me energized for a tune again

Will have to find a good tuner in dandenong area melbourne now have heard good things about fast stuff in Mordialloc dunno if they do diesels tho will give em a call

thanks again :)

ian
25-04-2017, 01:38 PM
My inlaws in Tasmania have just bought a Red Golf Alltrack
She told my daughter that its a 4 wheel drive ,i thought it was the same as my Tiguan 4motion
i searched the broucher ,no mention of it being a 4 wheel drive ?
https://www.volkswagen.com.au/en/models/golf-alltrack.html

Kachingg
25-04-2017, 02:46 PM
Yup it sure does

Just under where it says SHOPPER/CAMPER/SURFER TYPE

mentions 4 motion awd

Tell them gratz on the car btw in red 2 like mine tho i went diesel so still 4 months to wait

ian
26-04-2017, 03:44 PM
So its not a constant 4 wheel drive ?
Only comes into play when the front wheels spin looses traction ?
Same as the Tiguan i have 130 TDI 7 speed DSG ,Then the 4 Motion cuts in engaging the rear wheels ?

Kachingg
26-04-2017, 04:29 PM
Yup its the Vw Haldex AWD system 95%+ power to front wheels till slippage then redirects power to rears newest mark 5 Haldex system (as fitted on the new alltrack) is vry good and doing it this way saves fuel as its frontwheel drive most of the time

LibraR
26-04-2017, 04:55 PM
If it's anything like the system fitted to the Mk7 Golf R (which I assume it will be), it is so intuitive in the programming that the Haldex is already sending power to the rears based on lots of things like throttle position, steering wheel angle sensor and the like to premept when power will be needed at the rear before the front wheels lose grip. So it "knows" when you are ripping into a corner, for example, and starts sending drive to the rears. Pretty much foolproof, and not once in the R have I felt that it is a FWD with a little bit tacked onto the rear wheels.

It is quite simply brilliant, and a quantum improvement even over that put in the Mk6 variants. If the Alltrack has that, it will be perfect!

Kachingg
27-04-2017, 06:20 PM
Big thanks to moderator AdamD

Got the courage to up and book in a tune for my new alltrack when it arrives

Also got a set of 19 inch 40th edition rims and a big brake setup to go with it
So will be picking car up from dealers and dropping it off to be modified lol

AdamD
28-04-2017, 08:43 AM
Got the courage to up and book in a tune for my new alltrack when it arrives

Also got a set of 19 inch 40th edition rims and a big brake setup to go with it
So will be picking car up from dealers and dropping it off to be modified lol

Congrats - that's a great set of mods you've got planned there! :cool:

philthy
28-04-2017, 07:21 PM
Going lower?

What are the outputs for a tune of the diesel?

Kachingg
28-04-2017, 08:52 PM
Not planning to go lower atm just about out of cash after everything

will keep it in mind if i think the look will be better

Going to be using fast stuff in mordialloc (melbourne) had a chat with the boss (you can tell he loves his cars)
going to get a dsg tune at the same time output is not crazy want to keep the car for 10 years
Factory is 135kw and 380 nm after tune should expect approx 155kw and 450ish nm
So almost gti omph with a tdi 0 to 100m is 7.8 stock expexting to shave 1 sec off that and no traction issues or wheel hopping in wet with 4motion

Using the 19 inch wheels with 35 sidewall cause i never intend to go offroad (like 90+% of people who will buy it)
The big brakes are mainly for show as i hate the look of big open wheels with small brakes inside
that said it will be nice to be able to stop on a dime if needed
Faststuff said that if you really need to stop with those brakes will need to peel yourself off windscreen after lol

penguino
24-05-2017, 01:46 PM
Picked up a 2017 MK7 (not 7.5) Alltrack with sports luxury pack for $36.5k driveaway. Showroom demonstrator with only 15km (so basically brand new). Decided the extras in the facelift are not really worth the wait/extra cost for me.

Coming from a MKV R32, the Alltrack still seems to have plenty of go based on my test drive. If I need more power, can always get a JB1/JB4.

Kachingg
24-05-2017, 07:46 PM
Well done you resisted the urge to splurge hope you get lots of enjoyment from it
Still 3 mths to go for me 🤐

Kachingg
10-06-2017, 05:05 PM
Hey guys

I am getting a alltrack but want to replace the crappy silver wing mirror caps with carbon fibre ones are the mirrors the same on all the 7+7.5 series? i can order some from overseas but want to get the right fit 1st time as its rather expensive to get the wrong ones

Kachingg
10-06-2017, 05:12 PM
Does anyone know where i can get these items want to add them to a alltrack wagon
I think they look vry cool but cannot find where to get them

wingzee
15-06-2017, 04:51 PM
What's the best deal one been able to get for a fully-loaded Alltrack 132TSI? Try optioning the 7.5 Alltrack with all the optional packs and the RRP without ORC is about $45k

Kachingg
15-06-2017, 05:16 PM
If your after a 7.5 you wont get much discount for a while
I have seen the 7 going for 39,990 on road plus a 2k discount must be ordered before 31june and delivered before 30 july
thats with no options

Kachingg
15-06-2017, 05:17 PM
Add in the onroads and its nearly 50k for the petrol one sales tax is a killer

Shmacky
17-06-2017, 01:58 PM
Does anyone know where i can get these items want to add them to a alltrack wagon
I think they look vry cool but cannot find where to get them

www.e-Acca.com - European Automotive Catalogue of Car Accessories - Search Find Buy - PayPal or Banking (http://www.E-Acca.com)

Part numbers 5G9805945041 and 5G9805946041

You'll need to sign up first.

There are probably other sizes, but this is one I know of. Join the Alltrack Facebook group and you'll probably get more feedback.

Kachingg
17-06-2017, 08:04 PM
Thanks mate parts ordered :)

Kachingg
28-06-2017, 04:34 PM
Just fyi guys don't use above link for parts no email no shipping no contact.... will be getting money back through paypal

I used this one in uk instant email response and shipping

https://store-d0b3c.mybigcommerce.com/login.php

Why?
06-07-2017, 10:27 PM
Taking the Alltrack in to get a tune next week......lets see how it goes. Put my lap timing gear in the car today and did several 0 to 100 dashes but nothing crazy just taking my foot off the brake and planting it on the throttle, constant 8.3s when in either Sport or normal mode. Needed a base line to see the difference after the tune.

Kachingg
07-07-2017, 07:28 PM
What type of tune? apr or abt ect

Keep us updated

Want to tune my new car but dont want to void warranty keep swinging back and forth... cant make mind up

Faceman
07-07-2017, 07:40 PM
Just fyi guys don't use above link for parts no email no shipping no contact.... will be getting money back through paypal

The link above(e-Acca) worked fine for me when buying several parts.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Kachingg
07-07-2017, 07:47 PM
Yeah not for me tho on site i looked at lots of people saying where are my parts have not heard from you ect for e acca

the uk site shipped in 2 days arrived in a week lots of email contack and updated info nothing but silence from e acca for me

Kachingg
08-07-2017, 08:09 AM
Some alltrack reviews coming out now2017 Volkswagen Golf Alltrack 135TDI review | CarAdvice (http://www.caradvice.com.au/563638/2017-volkswagen-golf-alltrack-135tdi-review/)

Why?
08-07-2017, 10:45 AM
APR and will do

What type of tune? apr or abt ect

Keep us updated

Want to tune my new car but dont want to void warranty keep swinging back and forth... cant make mind up

AussiePopeye
09-07-2017, 11:38 PM
Was just wondering what everyone thinks are the benefits of the new Mark 7.5 Golf Alltrack vs the new MY18 Tiguan?

Kachingg
10-07-2017, 02:17 AM
I think 2 vry different cars dynamically the golf has more car like ride and handling the tig def suv higher seating position ect
Think tig has better rear seat than golf
Golf has more luggage space
Tig has better petrol motor
Golf has better diesel motor
Golf has better newer tech if you spend the cash for options
So it depends on what your after in a car
I prefer the alltrack cause mainly 99% onroad driving for me
Tig is better off road and personally i don't like the tig's look not for me

Eyes24
14-07-2017, 08:22 PM
Hey guys , here's some photos for u.
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2017/07/1c52415ecdc9ed5d70df7f0d39705386-3.jpghttp://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2017/07/6a0a0f54e22edc2e851f249015c7d674-3.jpghttp://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2017/07/09fd18eac9e2ae5f079fba62a50ef766-3.jpghttp://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2017/07/6b913813b26b49d39e3dd51dfaf726d3-3.jpghttp://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2017/07/b1ffe90bb01f4e86b6284cb09f18ca31-3.jpghttp://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2017/07/45ec0b4abdef81a9c691f2c466fe286e-3.jpghttp://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2017/07/e8a75593e6f88e98537bbe50eeb1d11f-3.jpghttp://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2017/07/3b72a8b7037a6b385efdae51acf02990-3.jpghttp://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2017/07/7c572eb9e4f130ba1377afb5dca182e4-3.jpghttp://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2017/07/be100859a3ba21613f3d3e3ca68f78f0-3.jpg

This was 132tsi alltrack

Rooboy
15-07-2017, 08:26 AM
Nice! Looks like it's got everything but the infotainment pack.

Eyes24
15-07-2017, 08:27 AM
Nice! Looks like it's got everything but the infotainment pack.

Yep

agentthumb
15-07-2017, 09:16 AM
Looks real nice, price wise I think the Alltrack with options is the better buy compared to a standard Wagon (awd and faster). I don't understand why they left blind spot and rear traffic alert out of the alltrack tho :(

Rooboy
15-07-2017, 10:55 AM
It is curious why they left those out. Having driven the Tiguan, I thought it was pretty much essential due to the rear visibility and it is part of the regular wagon dap.

Kachingg
15-07-2017, 12:13 PM
Yeah is a common thread both here and overseas as to why blindspot ect was left out no one can say and vw have not commented

limiteded
15-07-2017, 06:31 PM
Regarding blind spot monitor on the alltrack,
I think its because the radar sensor is mounted low on the chasis for the golf, an with the alltrack blackcladding it would have to transmit an recieve through multiple plastic layers, instead of just 1 layer of plastic such as the wagon. I assume its difficult to calibrate because of this issue.
on my B7 alltrack the radar sensor is mounted above the cladding.
at the same time i havent removed a golf alltrack bumper before, im basing this theory of the workshop manuals for the golf which show the radar low down on the chasis

Rooboy
24-07-2017, 06:35 AM
I think 2 vry different cars dynamically the golf has more car like ride and handling the tig def suv higher seating position ect
Think tig has better rear seat than golf
Golf has more luggage space
Tig has better petrol motor
Golf has better diesel motor
Golf has better newer tech if you spend the cash for options
So it depends on what your after in a car
I prefer the alltrack cause mainly 99% onroad driving for me
Tig is better off road and personally i don't like the tig's look not for me

Agree with most of that but curious why you think the Tig has the better petrol? In Highline config, I think the Tig has the better petrol/diesel combination but, in Comfortline onfig, the Alltrack has the better diesel but it's wash on the petrol.

For me, I was looking at a 110tdi Comfortline Tig with all the options until I saw that there was a 135tdi Alltrack. I wanted something that would take my photography gear and would go up the snow for a few weeks each year. In the comparison this is what I worked out:

Lose:
BSM, RTA and area view camera
Powered tailgate
Storage eg dashtop bin, adjustable boot floor
A little more passenger space
tri-zone climate
higher riding view

Gain
More powerful engine with slightly better fuel efficiency.
Better wheel/tyre combo
Better infotainment (bigger, gesture control, dynaudio sound)
Better lighting (LED Vs halogen)
Better dynamics (in theory)
Save a few $$

I really liked the dash/console in the Tiggy (those hideaway cupholders are pretty cool) but the only thing I really missed on the list is the BSM/RTA and I was really disappointed that it only offers halogen headlights at that price point. In the end I gained some good stuff with much less of an outlay.

Kachingg
24-07-2017, 03:33 PM
Gratz on ordering the alltrack i think you and i will be happy with our choice

getting mine on 27th then off to detailers for 3 days so will have some 1st impressions to post next week as i will not have it back till sunday night

Rooboy
24-07-2017, 06:18 PM
Thanks Kachingg. I think it's a good choice and I'm looking forward to getting mine around this time next month. Look forward to your thoughts after you get yours.

Rooboy
27-07-2017, 12:26 AM
I know we have led taillights and I noticed they look very similar to the R wagon. I'm just wondering if the R wagon has the dynamic rear indicators and, if the taillights are the same, can the Alltrack's be programmed for dynamic indicators or is it a bit more complex than that?

Kachingg
27-07-2017, 03:01 AM
I know we have led taillights and I noticed they look very similar to the R wagon. I'm just wondering if the R wagon has the dynamic rear indicators and, if the taillights are the same, can the Alltrack's be programmed for dynamic indicators or is it a bit more complex than that?

Its all about the money....
You can get dynamic indicators but it will cost about $1200
Not available atm probably in 2 or 3 weeks my dealer told me
Will have to go back to get them fitted when they come in

Rooboy
27-07-2017, 06:54 AM
Thanks for that...but 3:01am?? You must be excited about picking up the car today! :lmfao:

Kachingg
27-07-2017, 08:46 AM
Thanks for that...but 3:01am?? You must be excited about picking up the car today! :lmfao:

Hah thats the time i start work everyday just firing up truck and waiting for computor to boot up with my days work slow arse thing it is
Your right tho vry excited :banana:

Kachingg
27-07-2017, 05:24 PM

Finally here 1st road registered 7.5 ��
Drives well feels like a petrol car inside cant hear any diesel clatter you can outside the car bit inside vry nice
For a new motor goes well still feels vry tight tho will get better as it loosens up

Kachingg
27-07-2017, 05:36 PM
Changed from the 18 inch to 19 inch wheels result a better ride? Dunno why but the 18's way harsher driving it up to get the new ones on think frrrrkkkk the ride is going to be bad cause everyone's telling me 19 inch with 35 sidewalls are going to be to harsh to drive on
Omg when i got in it and drove out driveway it was instantly noticeably better from the 1st curb phew lucky29905
From this

To this= better:confused:

Rooboy
27-07-2017, 06:24 PM
What tyres did you replace the originals with? I liked the original Pirellis on my Yeti but I recently replaced them with Michelins and there was a fair bit of difference in ride comfort.

Kachingg
27-07-2017, 06:43 PM
old tyres goodyear efficient grip? never heard of them! 225/45/18
new ones are hancook ventis v2,s 235/35/19

Just looked the goodyears up long lasting fuel efficient but everyone saying comfort the worst point

I can agree

Kachingg
28-07-2017, 06:34 PM
just took car for a spin from one detailer to the next gave it a bit.. wow what torque feels like i could climb mount everest

Eyes24
28-07-2017, 06:35 PM
just took car for a spin from one detailer to the next gave it a bit.. wow what torque feels like i could climb mount everest

[emoji106]nice, of to Devine?

Kachingg
28-07-2017, 06:55 PM
[emoji106]nice, of to Devine?

Yup he was working on it as i left
Calipers are done

Kachingg
28-07-2017, 07:01 PM
been looking for a coilover kit thats fits i think a 30mm lowering would look butch

Eyes24
28-07-2017, 07:01 PM
Yup he was working on it as i left
Calipers are done

Yellow? Y not red? Lol

Kachingg
28-07-2017, 07:12 PM
Everyone goes red lol talking to caliper painter (named boris what a cool name) 90% go red i thought gold would be a good colour to offset red vry happy with it diffrent yes but i think it works

Kachingg
28-07-2017, 07:15 PM
Wait till you see it with the new black mirrors and rear spoilers+ pomponazzi will be vry wow factor

Devine detailing sent me some sms photos that i cant repost atm looking good real good

Eyes24
28-07-2017, 07:59 PM
Wait till you see it with the new black mirrors and rear spoilers+ pomponazzi will be vry wow factor

Devine detailing sent me some sms photos that i cant repost atm looking good real good

Cool

Kachingg
29-07-2017, 07:05 PM
Some early photos of cosmetic mods under poor light

New mirror caps soooo much better than the silver ones

Rear window side spoilers

Eyes24
29-07-2017, 07:24 PM
Some early photos of cosmetic mods under poor light

New mirror caps soooo much better than the silver ones

Rear window side spoilers

Where did u get carbon caps for mirrors?

Kachingg
29-07-2017, 07:45 PM
Where did u get carbon caps for mirrors?

Access Denied (http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/705-53470-19255-0/1?campid=5337592361&toolid=10001&mpre=http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Carbon-Fiber-Mirror-Cover-Replacement-for-VW-Golf-7-MK7-GTI-Wagon-13-16-vw169-/221624545024)

Not sure if that was the exact site i got it off had em for a while but there are a few just make sure they are full replacement with a good gloss coating, not stick on ones for mark 7 golf think it was $225ish with postage

use the uk sites dont buy from usa unless you want a lot of hassle and delay and huge postage

If link does not work just go to ebay and type in golf 7 carbon fibre mirror caps

Kachingg
29-07-2017, 08:08 PM
Totally debadged on rear much cleaner look

Rooboy
30-07-2017, 01:44 PM
Nice Kachingg...won't recognise it as an alltrack soon!

Kachingg
30-07-2017, 01:50 PM
Nice Kachingg...won't recognise it as an alltrack soon!

Got to take it back in 3 or so weeks to get dynamic indicators fitted bet they scratch their heads :P

Kachingg
31-07-2017, 03:16 PM
Now this is how a Alltrack should come from the factory

See my thread on pomponazzi paint protection for more photos

Kachingg
31-07-2017, 04:18 PM
OK guys my 1st impressions of this combo is that it rocks

Motor only has 100 kilometers on it and will happily rev out to redline(in sports mode) pulling like a train the whole way

Torque is great

But surprisingly it pulls real hard from 3 grand to redline with a marvelous raspy snarl i did not ever expect from a diesel

The dq381 wet clutch 7 speed is a step up from the 6 speed vry smooth and refined much better than my old dq250 6 speed it still has a hint of jerk at vry slow speeds but nowhere like as much as the dq250 the low 1st cog is great for
mashing throttle from the lights the car grips and goes squatting back on rear suspension feels great

Also the 7 speed does not seem to have the issue of the dq250 of being to soft(changing up to early) in drive and 2 hard(holding onto gears to long) in sport both modes seem so far anyway to be vry well calibrated

7th is obviously a high speed cruising gear in drive 80kph is in 6th and sport 5th

Obviously its not a r or gti performance but for a 4 pot turbo diesel which i can get 5lt/100k its pretty good
You do still get a little turbo lag under 1600rpm but in sports mode(7-8ltr/100k) its no issue

All in all in vry impressed

Rooboy
31-07-2017, 08:44 PM
Thanks Kachingg. Can't wait to get my hands on mine!

Rooboy
02-08-2017, 02:38 PM
Sooo....have you nicknamed it the "fire ant"? No one will want to take it on for fear of being bitten...especially after you've given it a tune 😁

Kachingg
02-08-2017, 04:23 PM
Sooo....have you nicknamed it the "fire ant"? No one will want to take it on for fear of being bitten...especially after you've given it a tune 

Yeah vry vry tempted to give it a tune right away will be a real beast then but am going to wait a while let motor bed in properly for 12mths and also to see if any warranty work rears its ugly head

But sooner rather than later that's for sure

Salesman told me there is a wisper of a official tune by apr being supported by vw as in the U.S.A

I have looked around but seen nothing yet will ask again before i do my unofficial tune as a factory backed tune would be just awesome

zardoz
03-08-2017, 08:36 PM
Yeah vry vry tempted to give it a tune right away will be a real beast then but am going to wait a while let motor bed in properly for 12mths and also to see if any warranty work rears its ugly head

But sooner rather than later that's for sure

Salesman told me there is a wisper of a official tune by apr being supported by vw as in the U.S.A

I have looked around but seen nothing yet will ask again before i do my unofficial tune as a factory backed tune would be just awesome

This, with the 135TDI would be a very interesting combination! I'll have to consider the Alltrack as a potential alternative to the Highline if I end up upgrading, as I'm struggling to justify the R Wagon (well, trying to justify a new car at all, really, but trying to get away from the DQ200).

Also, we use the same car dealer. Great bunch of people at FTG VW!

Kachingg
04-08-2017, 02:03 AM
This, with the 135TDI would be a very interesting combination! I'll have to consider the Alltrack as a potential alternative to the Highline if I end up upgrading, as I'm struggling to justify the R Wagon (well, trying to justify a new car at all, really, but trying to get away from the DQ200).

Also, we use the same car dealer. Great bunch of people at FTG VW!

I have got to say they have outdone themselves with the dq381
Its a great gearbox esp when your driving it with a bit of zing changes gears perfectly
Even more fun using the paddle shifters only problem there is that they are tiny will have to get some extended ones fitted
Damn there goes the fuel economy again lol

Yeah they are good at f.t.g vw got me my car super early and nice people to

I don't think they have a diesel demo alltrack tho
If your local to f.t.g and are interested in having a look at one p.m me

kennyc
06-08-2017, 09:15 AM
Yeah they are good at f.t.g vw got me my car super early and nice people to

I don't think they have a diesel demo alltrack tho
If your local to f.t.g and are interested in having a look at one p.m me

Which dealership is ftg? I'm reading it as Fountain Gate Volkswagen but that's Berwick Volkswagen?

Kachingg
06-08-2017, 09:18 AM
Its on burwood hwy near dorset road

F.T.G is short for ferntree gully

Eyes24
06-08-2017, 09:19 AM

It's ferntree gully Vw?

kennyc
06-08-2017, 09:20 AM

Ahh cheers, I know the one.
Drive past it when I take my car to Magic Hand Carwash.

kennyc
06-08-2017, 09:22 AM
Totally forgot about Ferntree Gully, lolz

CLDuck
06-08-2017, 10:48 PM
For the explorers and campers:
Check out my automatic LED boot light in the warning triangle holder

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2017/08/e0abfb9bfbb6dae4411b09838c66f095-1.jpg

Boot/trunk Lid LED light - GOLFMK7 - VW GTI MKVII Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVII Forum (http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33817)