PDA

View Full Version : Jakeys R36

Jakeys
30-07-2014, 03:49 PM
Hiya guys,

So I've come as I'm very seriously considering an R36 at the moment, specifically an MY10.5 white wagon. Strongly prefer RNS510 (Although I read it can be retrofitted pretty easily, just another expense to tack on) and the more other options the merrier and sub 100,000kms. There are a few on the market, one in particular (http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Volkswagen-Passat-2010/SSE-AD-2384517/?Cr=7&sdmvc=1) that I want to fly over to look at in two weeks if it hasn't sold by then as it fits my criteria pretty well and looks alright.

So I've used the search feature and it looks like I need to make sure the big 60-65,000km mark service has been done properly, and to make sure it shifts smoothly and quickly when cold and hot. I also know the driver's seat bolster can fail but I can always get that fixed. What other markers should I be looking for in these cars?

As a bonus, if the owner of the car is a member here or if anyone has inspected it, that too would be very helpful indeed! It's been on the market for a bit now, hopefully there's not some glaring issue I'm gonna fly over and run into.

Thanks!

Jake

Passat R36
30-07-2014, 04:05 PM
I remember seeing the Ad of this one a few months ago when I was hunting the R36. It's gone from carsales after being listed a while and then it's back on carsales again recently.

As a MY10.5, not too much to worry about. Check the gear shift when testing, especially the Reverse gear, normally it should be quiet and smooth.

Jakeys
30-07-2014, 04:22 PM
I remember seeing the Ad of this one a few months ago when I was hunting the R36. It's gone from carsales after being listed a while and then it's back on carsales again recently.

As an MY10.5, not too much to worry about. Check the gear shift when testing, especially the Reverse gear, normally it should be quiet and smooth.

Alright, thanks. Am I to assume there were some decent mechanical revisions between the initial '08 release and the final model? I read about a DSG revision for the MY10 I think, but haven't found that again.

Mainly it's the fact all the bugs would hopefully be ironed out and also the white cluster, no silly blue screens on the climate (Bit OCD of me) and iPod MDI.

Also, wouldn't happen to remember what price it was listed at earlier this year? I first saw it mid June, and it was at 37k.

Passat R36
30-07-2014, 09:31 PM
sorry mate, no memory for the price back then. good luck. R36 is great.

Umai Naa!!
30-07-2014, 10:25 PM
They were mechanically relatively unchanged from release until they canned them. A few small revisions here and there, but nothing major. Same engine code all the way through, too. For the trainspotters, this is a pretty big deal! :P

Usually a pretty good car. Only ever come across a couple that have had issues mechanically.

Look out for timing chain rattle on cold start-up (at the gearbox-end of the engine). If it does, it's usually a chain tensioner on the way out. They fixed this with a revised tensioner.

Also look out for a rough idle or flat spots under acceleration. Could be either carbon build-up, a dead coil pack, or a dead injector. A scan tool will highlight the last two.

As said, the DSG should be smooth at all times. Clunking into 1st from 2nd as you come to a stop is a sign of a dying Mechatronics unit.

Rear wheels should be chatter-free when performing full-lock low-speed turns. If not, the Haldex coupling needs attention.

Jakeys
30-07-2014, 11:43 PM
Very helpful mate, thank you. Well, let's hope she sits around for a couple more weeks and I can fly over to Vic and have a crack at buying one.

b j p
13-08-2014, 11:24 AM
That one was originally advertised for about 3k more. It's a little rough. Lots of wear on the drivers seat. I passed on it.

booba
13-08-2014, 12:49 PM
dsg on the newer models say my09+ is going to be less likely to have mechatronic issues.

Jakeys
13-08-2014, 01:29 PM
That one was originally advertised for about 3k more. It's a little rough. Lots of wear on the drivers seat. I passed on it.

Could you give me a bit more info on the wear, reasons it was rough? I'm actually flying out Saturday to pick it up. I got him to send me more photos, I saw the bolster is showing signs of wear but it's passed all the third party mechanical/finance/accident checks I've thrown at him, and we agreed on a price that I can say I'm pretty pleased with. Visually it seemed to be in good nick to me from the photos.

Jakeys
17-08-2014, 10:41 AM
Well, the car is now in my possession. Having seen and driven it in person, I found it to be in excellent condition. There is very minor rash on one of the wheels and a scratch underneath the front bar (Not visible standing up) and I noticed the lumbar support doesn't seem to do anything on the driver's seat, but otherwise it appears to be perfect. Driver's seat has basically no wear, bolster looked worn as usual in the photos but appears to have already been repaired. Very impressed for the negotiated price. Everyone's opinions vary but as a very picky buyer/owner, I don't find it to be rough at all. With a detail and fixing the lumbar problem, it will be an extremely good car. Wheels are being replaced anyway. (Phaeton Omanyt 19x9's if I can find them.)

I will put a ride thread up at some point, but thank you all for your advice. :)

https://scontent-b-nrt.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xap1/t1.0-9/10523860_10204668165127814_5476888968969492269_n.j pg

revivor
17-08-2014, 11:18 AM
Congrats on the purchase! Very nice looking R!

R36er
17-08-2014, 11:23 AM
Welcome to the family :p The car looks great and I know you are absolutely going to love it!

tomd3969
17-08-2014, 11:34 AM
Well, the car is now in my possession. Having seen and driven it in person, I found it to be in excellent condition. There is very minor rash on one of the wheels and a scratch underneath the front bar (Not visible standing up) and I noticed the lumbar support doesn't seem to do anything on the driver's seat, but otherwise it appears to be perfect. Driver's seat has basically no wear, bolster looked worn as usual in the photos but appears to have already been repaired. Very impressed for the negotiated price. Everyone's opinions vary but as a very picky buyer/owner, I don't find it to be rough at all. With a detail and fixing the lumbar problem, it will be an extremely good car. Wheels are being replaced anyway. (Phaeton Omanyt 19x9's if I can find them.)

I will put a ride thread up at some point, but thank you all for your advice. :)

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/

Congrats on the purchase! If your interested in a potential lumbar support fix check out this thread

Seat lumber support failure (http://www.vwgolf.net.au/showthread.php?22586-Seat-lumber-support-failure)

Passat R36
17-08-2014, 11:52 AM
congrats! saw the Ad gone so I was waiting for you post! glad you love it!

snerlo
17-08-2014, 12:04 PM
Welcome to the R36 family mate. You will enjoy these cars immensely. I am growing more and more in love with ours the more I drive it. It is such a great cruiser, especially after just coming back from the snow. Enjoy yours.

Jakeys
17-08-2014, 12:39 PM
I've already clocked a solid ~10 hours in it since I picked it up. It's very, very enjoyable to drive, made the 8 hour drive back to Adelaide a total breeze. The trip back got me an average of 9.1L/100km. Will see this week how it goes with my daily driving.

snerlo
17-08-2014, 06:47 PM
That sounds about right. We averaged 9.4 on our recent trip to the snow with the wagon loaded up. You'll find the average go up significantly around town though!! :cool:

macdub
17-08-2014, 09:58 PM
Looks Great! Enjoy!

Jakeys
17-08-2014, 10:15 PM
That sounds about right. We averaged 9.4 on our recent trip to the snow with the wagon loaded up. You'll find the average go up significantly around town though!! :cool:

Especially in the first week of ownership! My previous car had about 165kW and a sports auto, it wasn't slow, but this is something else, I'm having a lot of fun now I'm back home in Adelaide. It's mostly the DSG I enjoy. Before I found the R36, I test drove and strongly considered the current Evolution X MR, which has the similar TC-SST. I loved that, and that was big draw for me with the R36. The Evo felt slightly more fun due to the boost feel, but the R36 is unquestionably the better car overall by a large margin, in my humble opinion anyway!

By the way, I saw your LED retrofit thread for the mirror puddle lights, the first thing I noticed approaching the car at night is how as great a feature as that is, it's a rubbish implementation without LED's. I'll have to peruse your other mods later!

Steve
18-08-2014, 10:08 AM
Which part of Adelaide are you in, mostly? I've got a blue one and I'm mostly in the east. Don't see too many in white, which is a shame, because I think it's the best colour. It wasn't available when I ordered mine :(

Welcome to the R36 club. Nice purchase :)

Jakeys
18-08-2014, 02:30 PM
Thanks mate! I live just northeast of town, but I work at the RAAF/DSTO in Edinburgh so you'll likely not see much of me.

Jakeys
18-08-2014, 10:44 PM
I already wasn't planning on lowering it, but now I know for sure! My driveway, already on the traditional "low car" exit angle.

https://scontent-a-sjc.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/q87/p180x540/10559657_10204687185323307_6896640171498433025_n.j pg?oh=ceddc39bc24b28661db8712b8fff6fd1&oe=5470CB60

WhO
20-08-2014, 11:47 PM
Good to see another R36 kicking around Adelaide! Looks clean mate, congrats on the purchase. Might see you around Edinburgh, if you see a Grey R36 Sedan that might be me!

Jakeys
21-08-2014, 11:30 AM
Good to see another R36 kicking around Adelaide! Looks clean mate, congrats on the purchase. Might see you around Edinburgh, if you see a Grey R36 Sedan that might be me!

Thanks mate, I am loving it, it is actually exceptionally clean indeed, not rough at all, just a detail is all. I'll keep an eye out mate! I've actually once seen a white R36 around there already, so if you see one, it might not be me! Look for custom plates with my forum username. :D

wags
28-08-2014, 11:22 PM
Welcome to the family Jakeys. I've got a MY09 white R36 wagon in Rads as well - I might be the one you've seen, because I haven't seen too many others around. Good to hear yours is nice and clean, and you're happy with it!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jakeys
29-08-2014, 02:04 AM
Thanks mate! I spotted the white one passing the RAAF/DSTO in Edinburgh. I've also seen a black one at the Gepps Cross intersection, and two blue ones, one base MY08 I inspected at a dealer (Meh) and one on road on the South Eastern Freeway. That's literally the only times I've ever seen an R36 in person, you're right, they don't seem to be particularly common.

Here is a photo of my new car next to my old car.

https://scontent-a-hkg.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfa1/t31.0-8/10604048_10204791952742427_7035186859248763514_o.j pg

Steve
29-08-2014, 10:53 AM
I've only seen a couple of white ones in Adelaide. They always look awesome, unlike mine. Bisay Blue should be renamed Permanently Filthy Blue :(

macdub
30-08-2014, 12:12 AM
Hi Guys, just picked up black 2009 R36!! Couldn't be more happier :banana:

quick question, there is no digital speedo??? or I am dumb, sorry can't find it..yet to read manual!

wags
30-08-2014, 09:55 AM
Macdub - you should be able to cycle though the MFD options using the arrow buttons on the right hand side of your steering wheel. A digital speedo is one of many display options that should be available

macdub
30-08-2014, 11:57 AM
Macdub - you should be able to cycle though the MFD options using the arrow buttons on the right hand side of your steering wheel. A digital speedo is one of many display options that should be available

I tried but couldn't find it..will try again in case I missed it..I pressed 0.0 for few seconds and it brings digital speedo in mph and not in kmh??!!!

snerlo
30-08-2014, 04:51 PM
Itll depend on whether you have the red or white MFD i think mate

Jakeys
30-08-2014, 06:00 PM
I tried but couldn't find it..will try again in case I missed it..I pressed 0.0 for few seconds and it brings digital speedo in mph and not in kmh??!!!

Mine has white MFD, I keep hitting the top right button on the right hand side of the steering wheel (The menu change one) until I get to the stats one with consumption, distance, range etc. and one of those is digital speedo in km/h, pick which one with the right hand side steering arrows.
If yours is red MFD though, no idea. If it's only coming up in mph maybe try getting into the setup menu, same sort of instructions as above.

Steve
30-08-2014, 11:26 PM
Yeah - there's no digital speedo in the red MFD. I think the white MFD was a MY10 thing - though I'm probably wrong.

Jakeys
31-08-2014, 02:06 AM
Yeah - there's no digital speedo in the red MFD. I think the white MFD was a MY10 thing - though I'm probably wrong.

Correct, MY10 = white MFD and factory MDI plus possible DSG revision, MY10.5 = updated climatronic. One of the two also introduced more options, eg. radar cruise.

macdub
31-08-2014, 11:49 AM
Yes I have red MFD as MY09..I found digital speedo under Kufatec menu where other things r listed too such as oil temp etc..but its not accurate it shows 6km/h less than actual speed! also each time I start the car, I lose it and I have to set it up again..it does show speedo where the odometer reading is but only in mph, not in kmph

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nermal
31-08-2014, 02:36 PM
Yes I have red MFD as MY09..I found digital speedo under Kufatec menu where other things r listed too such as oil temp etc..but its not accurate it shows 6km/h less than actual speed! also each time I start the car, I lose it and I have to set it up again..it does show speedo where the odometer reading is but only in mph, not in kmph

Is your red MFD a factory-standard model?

I have a 2008 R36 - that doesn't appear to have any of these options in the MFD (though I've just assumed they weren't there).

tigger73
31-08-2014, 02:51 PM

Kufatec is the Bluetooth unit you have installed. Quite possibly this is an aftermarket unit.

revivor
31-08-2014, 06:59 PM
Mine's a MY09 Upgrade. It comes with the white MFD. The white MFD starts out from MY09 Upgrade versions.

nermal
31-08-2014, 07:21 PM
Kufatec is the Bluetooth unit you have installed. Quite possibly this is an aftermarket unit.

So, if I upgrade my Bluetooth unit, I will not only get better Bluetooth sound (the standard signal is, well... crap to be frank), but I'll also have digital speedometer & oil pressure etc?

How much and who do I pay? :-)

tigger73
31-08-2014, 08:03 PM
So, if I upgrade my Bluetooth unit, I will not only get better Bluetooth sound (the standard signal is, well... crap to be frank), but I'll also have digital speedometer & oil pressure etc?

How much and who do I pay?

You would have to find the details of the specific BT unit as this is definitely not a standard feature.

The other option which gives all these features and more is an AutoPolar FIS+. This will display 100+ engine parameters in your MFD, allow adjustment of a number of comfort settings (usually only available via VCDS) and supports mirror dipping in reverse gear if your car doesn't have this feature as standard.

There's a number of people running these interface boxes (including myself). Though this won't solve your BT quality.

macdub
01-09-2014, 07:15 PM
Yes I have Kufatec Fiscon..not sure if its fitted aftermarket..it works with MFD and steering wheel controls very well..

Guys, can you please help me with wheels question? I am noob in relation to mods and dont understand terminology like offset, PCD etc..If I go from 18 to 19, do I have to change the tyres too? Will 19 be too stiff/firm ride? And if I go with 18, is it just simple swap? I am thinking Cadiz or gti performance pack wheels replica on my black wagon. What do u guys think?

Passat R36
01-09-2014, 07:25 PM
Yes I have Kufatec Fiscon..not sure if its fitted aftermarket..it works with MFD and steering wheel controls very well..

Guys, can you please help me with wheels question? I am noob in relation to mods and dont understand terminology like offset, PCD etc..If I go from 18 to 19, do I have to change the tyres too? Will 19 be too stiff/firm ride? And if I go with 18, is it just simple swap? I am thinking Cadiz or gti performance pack wheels replica on my black wagon. What do u guys think?

Custom rims, wheel tire packages for your ride - RIMSnTIRES.com (http://www.rimsntires.com/specspro.jsp)

1010TIRES.COM - Wheel Offset Calculator (http://www.1010tires.com/Tools/Wheel-Offset-Calculator)

Start from the above link then you will get some ideas.

Saw a white R36 sedan with 19 GTI Adidas replicate wheels on carsales, looks nice.

Passat R36
01-09-2014, 07:26 PM
for R36, 19x8 with offset around 40 will be perfect fit.

Jakeys
01-09-2014, 09:33 PM
for R36, 19x8 with offset around 40 will be perfect fit.

Depends what you're looking for. I was going for a flush fitment which means I'm aiming for 19x9 +33, aka Tiguan R-Line wheels. Or Phaetons which are +40 offset.

macdub
02-09-2014, 11:40 AM
Thanks guys for links..I will have a read and try to understand.. I am looking at these
BRAND NEW 19" VOLKSWAGEN MK7 GOLF GTI PERFORMANCE ALLOY WHEELS | Wheels, Tyres & Rims | Gumtree Australia Darebin Area - Preston | 1048515832 (http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/preston/wheels-tyres-rims/brand-new-19-volkswagen-mk7-golf-gti-performance-alloy-wheels/1048515832)

What do u think for black wagon?
Also, where do u guys go for wheel swap? Just any kmart, bob jane? How much do they charge and Do I need wheel alignment done too? Sorry many questiions!

Passat R36
02-09-2014, 01:25 PM
They are replicas and will fit as R36 OE wheels are 8” wide with 44 offset. These are 8" with 45 offset. You will need new tyres off course. Better to go a decent tyre place to fit the tyre and wheels. Wheel alignment is a must for R36.

snerlo
02-09-2014, 05:11 PM
Make sure you take the TPMS sensors out of the wheels and have them fitted to your new wheels too otherwise the system won't work anymore. I don't know personally but I wouldn't have thought that it would be a hard issue for a reputable tyre mob.

Felixrising
25-09-2014, 12:40 AM
Congrats on the purchase! If your interested in a potential lumbar support fix check out this thread

Seat lumber support failure (http://www.vwgolf.net.au/showthread.php?22586-Seat-lumber-support-failure)

FYI. I also just picked up a MY10.5 with non-functioning lumbar and torso bolster adjustment... :/ seems like it's not that uncommon. Thanks for the link, hopefully a solution coming. Did you get yours working?

Jakeys
25-09-2014, 12:51 AM
I got sent the parts, haven't tackled the job though as I have absolutely no idea how to get inside the seat to where the mechanism is. It's not urgent. My bolster adjust is fine, it's just the lumbar.

Jakeys
28-09-2014, 12:52 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/10629811_10205021732966789_5821216866546052759_n.j pg?oh=d7e6c021857ed0ddca8fa389d220c70b&oe=54834144&__gda__=1418090066_7b4de6aeab46cc05ef6bc2312a44de3 5

Personal favourite of the LED exterior retrofit, mirror puddles! These are a panel of LEDs including replacing the housing, snerlo has a guide for it.

Jakeys
10-10-2014, 12:29 AM
Gonna need to actually make a member's ride thread pretty soon!

Already helped a mate move a bar fridge, slept in the back, and took all my bottles and cans to the depot in it. Wagons are wicked. It's also not slow, I got an opportunity finally to safely use launch control, and using a camera for measurement, clocked the 0-100 at 5.5 seconds pretty much on the dot. A lot better than the conservative 5.8 figure, just 0.1 shy of someone on Youtube. I'll take that. :P

On the mods, I'm still waiting on a LED projector reverse light and I need to buy some Philips BlueVision globes for the cornering/bend lighting, but in the mean time I have almost finished the Euro plates. I've ordered the SA state lettering in the proper Euro plate font to hopefully apply this weekend, but for now I've drilled and test mounted the front plate. I love it.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/10459147_10205124973587740_6309601043752183812_n.j pg?oh=e0005c103ae8a834a0151c23cbcffb01&oe=54CE0024&__gda__=1422696242_e7c300b73647b7ea9a86c5b767ca047 2

The rear is tricky as the dealer who delivered this car to the first owner completely botched both the front and rear plate holes. The front was easy because I can redrill the plastic with no dramas, the rear is less simple because I unfortunately need to drill the tailgate which is not something you want to do quickly and easily, and it's also completely permanent. The current holes are a solid 5+mm different in height, which makes a big difference when the plate is so wide, it looks completely awful as one edge is almost touching the top of the tailgate where the lights mount. So the plan is to carefully drill new holes just next to the old holes, rather than out at the edges as I did with the front. If a dealer had done that to me, I'd be wanting a new tailgate, they did an abysmally lazy job.

tigger73
10-10-2014, 05:42 AM
How about just making the hole a slot instead? That way you have some wiggle room for adjustment.

Felixrising
10-10-2014, 06:15 AM
Isn't there a couple of proper holes there already? I guess their positioning is right in the middle of the plate though... I just drilled holes in the plate, I guess not the most elegant of solutions.

4paw
10-10-2014, 06:31 AM
Hi Jakeys
you need to get some "Lakin" plate adapters these are made to fit the original factory holes and let you bolt on what ever size plate you want, I fit them to all my cars and they are brilliant !

Here's a link: https://www.lakinplates.com.au/

4paw

Felixrising
10-10-2014, 06:41 AM
Wow, those things are expensive! But look like they do the job well.

Jakeys
10-10-2014, 07:23 AM
How about just making the hole a slot instead? That way you have some wiggle room for adjustment.

Yeah that could work too.

Isn't there a couple of proper holes there already? I guess their positioning is right in the middle of the plate though... I just drilled holes in the plate, I guess not the most elegant of solutions.

Those are quite large, more bolt sized, and they would be sitting in amongst the letters. I can't drill holes in the plate only because one would be halfway in an embossed letter to make the other work.

Hi Jakeys
you need to get some "Lakin" plate adapters these are made to fit the original factory holes and let you bolt on what ever size plate you want, I fit them to all my cars and they are brilliant !

Here's a link: https://www.lakinplates.com.au/

4paw

Not sure how well these would work in my situation as you would then have the adapter bolted to the two large factory holes right in the middle of the plate, the plate will end up spaced away from the body by as much as whatever bolt you can find, as the gauge on the factory holes is sizeable. I understand them for the front, I don't see how they are useful for the rear.

4paw
10-10-2014, 07:55 AM
The lakin plate supplied sits about 3mm off the rear tail gate & has clear buffers on the back to protect your paint, the bolts that hold the lakin plate onto the car are recessed into the plate (so finish flush and don't interfere with your number plate)
The number plate is then bolted onto the lakin plate with the nuts already fitted into the lakin plate so they don't stick out the back and potently scratch the paint (the lakin plate is 3mm thick)

All bolts / screws needed are supplied with the lakin plate (even the ones you need to fit the factory holes)

hope the above makes sense ?, yes they do cost a bit, but are very well made and fit straight on, sorry I can't post some pic's of it as I've sold my R36 earlier this year :(

4paw

Jakeys
10-10-2014, 08:49 AM
Nah that does sound pretty good. I'll look into it then. If the car were new I'd go that way no question, unfortunately the idiot dealer has already botched the tailgate (Behind the standard VIC slim plate where you can't see) so it won't do much harm and allows me to choose where I want to drill the plate to work with where the letters are.

Timlin
11-10-2014, 11:35 PM
I use industrial velcro - this stuff does not come off. 3M Genuine Dual Lock Reclosable Tape SJ3550 Stronger Than Velcro 200mmx25mm | eBay (http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/3M-Genuine-DUAL-LOCK-Reclosable-tape-SJ3550-STRONGER-THAN-VELCRO-200mmx25mm-/190953519099?pt=AU_B_I_Electrical_Test_Equipment&hash=item2c75b777fb)

Its been holding my rear plates on for 18 months now - in snow, heat, rain etc...

AT

Jakeys
11-10-2014, 11:40 PM
How do you get it off the paint if you decide you don't need it/sell it?

Jakeys
12-10-2014, 05:29 PM
All done, stickers made up to spec, millimetre perfect!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/p180x540/10712798_10205152837044309_4171510151722486571_n.j pg?oh=a774fac4808b64923400afad07b327e2&oe=54B479D7&__gda__=1420652840_b5acd584a9b5c2dd85d96152fbb35a8 4

Felixrising
12-10-2014, 06:09 PM
That looks great! Now you've got me questioning my standard slimline plates.

ING36R
12-10-2014, 09:33 PM
Hi Jake,

I'm not sure how fixed you are on colour, but i currently have my black MY10.5 with 48,000kms on carsales, 1 owner, full VW history. 2010 Volkswagen Passat R36 MY10.5 Direct-Shift Gearbox 4-Motion (http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Volkswagen-Passat-2010/SSE-AD-3039791/?Cr=8&sdmvc=1)

If its not the colour you want, i do have Sprint booster controller, BBS style 3pce rims & EVOMS coldair intake box if you are after tasteful mod components?

Let me know if you are interested.

Cheers
Anthony

Felixrising
12-10-2014, 09:35 PM
I think you missed the boat Anthony....

ING36R
12-10-2014, 09:38 PM
Yeah sorry, didnt take notice of the post date. My bad. :facepalm:

You looking for any mods?

Passat R36
12-10-2014, 09:59 PM
Hi Jake,

If its not the colour you want, i do have Sprint booster controller, BBS style 3pce rims & EVOMS coldair intake box if you are after tasteful mod components?

Let me know if you are interested.

Cheers
Anthony

Hi Anthony,
What do you think of the sprint booster?How much do you ask if you sell it separately? Do you have a part number please?

Jakeys
12-10-2014, 10:05 PM
You looking for any mods?

Sorta. The intake was something I wanted down the line if you're looking to sell it cheap.

ING36R
12-10-2014, 10:12 PM
Hi,

I will sell the sprint booster seperately, i purchased it for $590 from RAMSPEED in sydney not sure if you know who they are but he recommended this over ECU remap as better value for money and dont have to worry about resetting everytime you go to get car serviced at VW dealer. Part # SBDD151A

Easy plug in and i could switch it on when the wife wasnt driving it.Very well worth it.I will sell to you for $200, i have it with the box and all original pieces with it.

I have proof of receipt to show purchase? Can transact by putting into my paypal and i can send to you?

Also just posted EVOMS cold air intake box if you are interested?

Cheers
Anthony

Passat R36
13-10-2014, 05:42 AM
Defininately got over-charged by ramspeed. I am not sure about the part number and I don't think it's the best suit for R36. Thanks for your offer.

Timlin
13-10-2014, 06:35 PM
Comes off with Goo Off - a citrus based gunk remover.

danger17
21-10-2014, 10:00 PM
Very nice. I've had mine for a year and a half and have nothing but good things to say about. They are such an enjoyable car to own. Power when you want it, comfortable for cruising. Great space, but it doesn't feel big.

Jakeys
24-10-2014, 08:29 AM
What are people's thoughts on these? Rotiform SNA's as an alternative to the very expensive Tiguan R Omanyt 19's. Basically identical fitment, 19x9 +35 with 245 tyres.

http://www.rotiform.com/images/product_photography/cast_1piece_sna_01b.jpg
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2014/10/B7RS4on19x10RotiformSNAcast3-1.jpg

And photoshopped onto mine:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfa1/t31.0-8/10680111_10205247948942047_5045725561039695674_o.j pg

Timlin
24-10-2014, 07:32 PM
Looks great!

Have a look at the new HRE FlowForm wheels, theres some beautiful wheels to choose from!

AT

snerlo
25-10-2014, 06:01 AM
You know my thoughts mate. Love them.

Netrover
13-12-2014, 06:30 AM
Hi Jake.

You're a mine of information on these R36's, and I wondered if you could help me on a couple of things.

Some of the cars have a "Comfort / Sport" button to the right of the gear shift. On others this is just a blank button. Was this an optional extra?

Some 2010 models have a central display unit that has three buttons on either side, and some have four. What's the difference?

Regardless of whether there is a 3 or 4 button unit, underneath that there can be a 2 or 3 dial climate control unit. Again, what are the differences?

Some models seem to have rails in the wagon cargo area with moveable dividers. Was this an optional extra?

Thanks for your help withy this. Still looking to buy a pristine wagon in January.

Felixrising
13-12-2014, 08:23 AM
Hi Netrover,
I know you're asking Jake, but I can tell you what the Comfort/Sport button does: It's the Adaptive Chassis Control (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7XNYFnI-eI) system and it has three settings, Comfort/Normal/Sport, this adjusts the suspension dampening noticeably and also adjusts the steering feel too. In comfort the steering wheel is very light, and in sport it gains a good feeling of weight.

In 2010 there were two models of R36, the MY10 and the MY10.5. My 10.5 wagon has a two knob clmatronic unit with a buttoned panel in between.

I'm not sure about rails in the cargo area, you can get an optional cargo liner with some moveable velcro blocks/dividers - is this what you are referring to?

Felix

Netrover
13-12-2014, 10:09 AM
Hi Netrover,
I know you're asking Jake, but I can tell you what the Comfort/Sport button does: It's the Adaptive Chassis Control (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7XNYFnI-eI) system and it has three settings, Comfort/Normal/Sport, this adjusts the suspension dampening noticeably and also adjusts the steering feel too. In comfort the steering wheel is very light, and in sport it gains a good feeling of weight.

In 2010 there were two models of R36, the MY10 and the MY10.5. My 10.5 wagon has a two knob clmatronic unit with a buttoned panel in between.

I'm not sure about rails in the cargo area, you can get an optional cargo liner with some moveable velcro blocks/dividers - is this what you are referring to?

Felix

Thanks Felix. So it looks like the ACC is an option then.

Some of the R36's on the NZ Trademe (trademe.co.nz) site show the rails and dividers. There are only 8 listings at the moment so not a lot of choice!

I have seen seen a picture of the cargo liner. It would cover the rails.

Felixrising
13-12-2014, 10:10 AM
Post a pic of them rails...

Netrover
13-12-2014, 10:22 AM
Post a pic of them rails...

this is the link to the listing where you can see all of the pics.

Volkswagen Passat R36 2009 | Trade Me (http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/volkswagen/auction-763807094.htm)

Jakeys
13-12-2014, 06:15 PM
Hey mate, Felix has covered ACC well. I would just add that Sport mode on ACC is not as sporty as the R36 specific suspension. ACC is a Passat wide option, it's not specific to the R36 like stock suspension. So for performance, better off not having it.

For the centre display, three buttons either side denotes non navigation, four buttons denotes navigation. The 4 either side unit is the RNS 510. Also an option.

The three or two climate is a model year change. I thought it was MY10.5 that got the new unit with the two dials and the black face called the climatronic, but someone on here pointed out to me just this week that some MY10's have them too so not really sure what's going on there. Not all MY10's have them but all MY10.5's do.

Finally those rails you linked the pics of. I have never seen those before, nor ever seen them on any option list. I have absolutely no clue about those, sorry, but I'd love to know the answer!

I haven't updated this thread in a while, not a lot has happened. I replaced all three wiper blades with Bosch Aerotwins, bought a Ross-Tech VCDS cable and coded the car up so it does stuff like blips the siren on lock/unlock, no timeout on windows/mirror function, teardrop wiping (Google it if you're wondering) and auto rain closing, among other little changes. I also changed the light configuration to the afterburner/Skyline style and I'm sending the inners off later this month to Bucket to be modified to match, the way they should have been from factory. You can see where the LED's were going to go but it looks like VW did some cost cutting and opted not to finish them for the inners.

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=13608&stc=1

I have ordered a set of the Tiguan R 19x9 +33 Omanyt update wheels, which as far as I know nobody else in Oz has yet. However, they are on back order so they might not even turn up, but I can hope. I'll fit them with 235/35R19 Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetrical 2's and I should have a very sexy fitment going on with what I think is the nicest wheel possible for this car! I also took it out for a huge Euro SA cruise today, loved it, this car is amazing. Pictures at some point...

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xap1/v/t1.0-9/1549293_10205614940916617_6843703082463824239_n.jp g?oh=0588dfe44d72e0a4b9714ea40085a984&oe=553F7ECF&__gda__=1425964278_67e1dded983cfd0839dd60251af5f93 4

Felixrising
13-12-2014, 09:23 PM
As Jakeys mentioned... I've read reviews and heard others on here say that the ACC stuff isn't as good as the non-ACC stock R36 suspension... I have no experience in a non-ACC R36, but honestly, I drive in "Comfort 95% of the time, "normal" 4% of the time and "sport" when I feel like being shaken up... which is clearly not often. Then again, I recently became a dad and my daddy-wagon is therefore not getting much solo "fun" driving opportunities.

Yeah, those rails look good. Maybe an option NZ decided to bring in... I've not seen any B6 series in Australia with it during my pre-purchase searching.

Jakeys, why don't you live in Melbourne? So I could come over and borrow your VCDS?! :cry::cry2:

Jakeys
13-12-2014, 10:37 PM
As Jakeys mentioned... I've read reviews and heard others on here say that the ACC stuff isn't as good as the non-ACC stock R36 suspension... I have no experience in a non-ACC R36, but honestly, I drive in "Comfort 95% of the time, "normal" 4% of the time and "sport" when I feel like being shaken up... which is clearly not often. Then again, I recently became a dad and my daddy-wagon is therefore not getting much solo "fun" driving opportunities.

Yeah, those rails look good. Maybe an option NZ decided to bring in... I've not seen any B6 series in Australia with it during my pre-purchase searching.

Jakeys, why don't you live in Melbourne? So I could come over and borrow your VCDS?! :cry::cry2:

My previous car had coilover suspension, the R36 is like a soft boat by comparison! I wouldn't have it any less responsive than it already is, but then I'm young and drive too quickly

The rails are kinda nifty, but are completely new to me! I've got the cargo net in though, I prefer that.

As for my VCDS, I'm actually borrowing this one myself and have to give it back on Monday, but I have already ordered my own. It's pretty awesome, I'm a Mac guy so I'm running a Windows XP VM on my Macbook Air connected to the OBD in the car, and then I'm remoting into that from my iMac in my house over wifi. Changing settings from the comfort of my desk!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xaf1/t31.0-8/10869517_10205617010648359_8979740007976579697_o.j pg

Netrover
14-12-2014, 06:00 AM
Thanks guys. Very helpful info.

When I get an R36 I'll post something here.

Not many cars to choose from though, so will probably have to compromise on something.

Jakeys
15-12-2014, 01:48 PM
Picture taken at the Euro SA club meet this weekend at Victor Harbour.

https://scontent-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfp1/t31.0-8/10856672_10153391028784377_2187465168301305291_o.j pg

Jakeys
28-08-2016, 11:16 PM
I don't update this thread much, but this has been a big mod week for me. I replaced my rashed wheels with mint condition new ones, so now they're spotless and running Bridgestone Potenza Adrenalin RE003's. They're not as good as my old Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2's but they're close. I'll spare you that pic.

I also installed my DRL's, which has been a long time coming.

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/08/8i3Mlii-2.jpg

And here's a vid a mate took of the iPE catback valvetronic exhaust for anyone curious how it sounds.

https://vid.me/AuFT

Aside from that, I've recently put on some Climair Sport black inline weathershields, I've done a ton of little OEM+ style mods all over the place but the major ones are in my signature. Next up I've got the OEM headlight covers and possibly the OEM bonnet cover too, OEM Dynaudio amplifier going in with a custom harness, and either OEM Dynaudio or aftermarket equivelant Dynaudio speakers will be in the future. I also need the blued titanium tips for the exhaust but that probably won't be this year as everything iPe is just stupid expensive.

damo_t
01-09-2016, 04:28 PM
I don't update this thread much, but this has been a big mod week for me. I replaced my rashed wheels with mint condition new ones, so now they're spotless and running Bridgestone Potenza Adrenalin RE003's. They're not as good as my old Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2's but they're close. I'll spare you that pic.

I also installed my DRL's, which has been a long time coming.

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/08/8i3Mlii-1.jpg

And here's a vid a mate took of the iPE catback valvetronic exhaust for anyone curious how it sounds.

https://vid.me/AuFT

Aside from that, I've recently put on some Climair Sport black inline weathershields, I've done a ton of little OEM+ style mods all over the place but the major ones are in my signature. Next up I've got the OEM headlight covers and possibly the OEM bonnet cover too, OEM Dynaudio amplifier going in with a custom harness, and either OEM Dynaudio or aftermarket equivelant Dynaudio speakers will be in the future. I also need the blued titanium tips for the exhaust but that probably won't be this year as everything iPe is just stupid expensive.

Geez that sounds good!

Lucas_R
01-09-2016, 04:52 PM
Sounds great - a bit like a Nissan 370z / R35 GTR exhaust.

snerlo
02-09-2016, 01:22 PM
Yeah, it does sound good. Sometimes it would be nice to be single and no kids so that I could mod my current car!! But at the same time, it is nice sometimes to just cruise around in silent mode!

Jakeys
02-09-2016, 08:11 PM
Yeah, it does sound good. Sometimes it would be nice to be single and no kids so that I could mod my current car!! But at the same time, it is nice sometimes to just cruise around in silent mode!

Well I'm not single, but I do have no kids. Still, I'd mod this thing a lot more if it was more reliable and cheaper to mod, they're bloody expensive vehicles!

Vr32wa
02-09-2016, 09:24 PM
Where did you source the drls?

Sent via courier pigeon

snerlo
05-09-2016, 11:37 AM
Aliexpress mate. They're about $160US. When I bought mine the Aus dollar was better than parity so it was a little cheaper. Not so cheap nowadays though!!

Jakeys
26-09-2016, 09:39 PM
R36, now with new and improved aluminium mirrors! Identical finish/quality to the OEM ones as on the Mk. 7 Golf R and some of the Audis.

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/09/7xFbCzW-2.jpg
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/09/zSbEIxl-2.jpg
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/09/qxuPG8k-2.jpg

fried
28-09-2016, 02:39 PM
Subtle and clean addition Jakey. Looks like the brushed finish matches the roof racks too.

Jakeys
28-09-2016, 11:44 PM
Subtle and clean addition Jakey. Looks like the brushed finish matches the roof racks too.

Thanks mate, subtle and clean is pretty much what I've been going for with the whole car haha.

On matching the roof racks, that's part of the point. Although they are not an OEM part because VAG never made this mirror shape in this finish, they are a replica of an OEM finish. VAG use a special paint code designed to look like aluminium, they've been using the same code for years, mostly for small trim pieces but the Mk. 7 R Golf and some of the new Passats now have the mirrors in this finish too. Even the Audi mirrors now are in this finish, where previous gens used to have a more matte looking real aluminium. The Chinese (I assume that's where these were made) have basically perfected it, which is why these look so much like the R36 roof racks and grille. My racks are real aluminium, where the grille is plastic but painted in the aluminium look finish.

As a bonus, the mould is so good, they seem more genuine than my genuine white painted caps. I compared the insides and the replica has an embossed VW logo and embossed part numbers, where the real thing just has a sticker. But the moulding on the clip parts and the general mirror itself are literally perfect as far as I can tell. They even came in a VW box which matches some of the boxes I have gotten from the dealer here. Really incredible (And slightly worrying!) work from whoever made these.

Here is a pic of the OEM Mk. 7 R mirrors for comparison, I think it's the same part number as the new Passats use too. Mine look the same finish wise.

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/09/RLineStyleSilverMattChromeSidefontbMirro-2.jpg

kamold
29-09-2016, 10:05 AM
I think they look really nice against the white.
I'm not convinced though they look as good against the blue.
So I've ummed and ahhed and thus far decided against getting them for my R36.

I might have to try and find some for my Octy though as my wife cracked the driver's mirror against a post and I can't seem to find replacements that are painted already so considering matt chrome instead...

xR360
12-10-2016, 09:01 PM
Jakeys the latest mod looks mint! It really sets off the blended combination, where do you source these aluminum ones??

I'd love them on mine (it's a bluey, so kamold could see, enjoy & maybe follow suit ;))

DRLs look the part also, I hear a decent mod and obviously well worth the effort.

Sent from my XT1033 using Tapatalk

Jakeys
12-10-2016, 11:58 PM
Just Aliexpress mate, cheap but total quality, rare case where you get both!

xR360
13-10-2016, 12:23 PM
So very true! I've bought off there before and wasn't exactly what was pictured but I'm sure plenty have been slung the same way. There seems to be a few options on there now, which supplier did you use? (Getting keen!)

ItonezI
19-10-2016, 06:41 PM

Gday Jakeys, the mirrors look awesome dude!

Do you mind telling me where you sourced the weathershields? I've tried getting VW to source some, but they're the stick on variety which don't look very good as they cover the chrome door rails..

Jakeys
19-10-2016, 11:49 PM
So very true! I've bought off there before and wasn't exactly what was pictured but I'm sure plenty have been slung the same way. There seems to be a few options on there now, which supplier did you use? (Getting keen!)

They're all basically the same, make sure the picture is correct and the price is correct (Around $130 or so) and you're golden.

Gday Jakeys, the mirrors look awesome dude!

Do you mind telling me where you sourced the weathershields? I've tried getting VW to source some, but they're the stick on variety which don't look very good as they cover the chrome door rails..

Was part of a group buy so unsure exactly how to source them but the brand is Climair and the model is Sport (For the black tinted ones) so start there. I had the same problem with VW, I ordered ones that were in channel based on the VW website and when they arrived they were the **** stick on ones, but VW did refund me no problem when I showed them they were not what I asked for.

xR360
20-10-2016, 12:06 AM
They're all basically the same, make sure the picture is correct and the price is correct (Around $130 or so) and you're golden.

Thanks Jakeys got them on order, sitting tight for the first minor mod (part II).

Jakeys
29-11-2016, 07:23 PM
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/11/Sv685SB-1.jpg

Finally starting to be properly proud of how it looks now it's been professionally detailed and Opticoated and I've done most of the cosmetic work I wanted to. Just wish it had the proper stainless or blued steel tips and some spacers and this pic would be perfect. On the cards for next year!

Jakeys
30-11-2016, 09:28 PM
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/11/oEJYH5I-1.jpg
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/11/xDeHq93-1.jpg

Sparkle sparkle!

xR360
05-12-2016, 08:58 PM
Jakeys your beast is exceptional!
I see you're in good company also with AdamD's S3 [emoji1360]

Jakeys
06-12-2016, 08:25 AM
Yes, Adam's S3 condition wise puts mine to shame! Still, thanks for the compliment. :D

Jakeys
03-07-2020, 04:24 PM
Has been getting close to four years since I updated this thread, I'm more of a Facebook group guy these days than forums, but I have been back here lately looking for Arteon R discussions and some technical info on my car.

I still have this R36, it is still going really well. It has now done 165,000kms. Trying to think back what I have done since 2016, I don't really remember where I last updated this thread, so I might have missed some minor mods I might have done like DRL's, quad LED tails, the ECU and TCU tunes/crackle map, I dunno.

For the past year though a few minor cosmetic issues have cropped up that I have let slip, but am finally now addressing in one several thousand dollar swoop. In particular, the paint on my passenger door and front quarter is pretty disgusting, it turns out the original owner I bought the car from back in 2014 must have had some kind of accident that didn't damage the frame or anything but required a respray on those panels. It was probably polished up and new when he sold it so I couldn't tell, but those panels keep deteriorating and rather than just continue to polish it every year to hide the crap quality paint, I am just going to get them professionally resprayed. I'll get my brake calipers done at the same time as they are a bit faded as with most R36's.

On top of that, I'm replacing a tail light, puddle light and DRL for missing LED's, my reverse camera because I replaced the old RNS510 with an Android Auto compatible RCD330 that didn't like my camera, and both front seat bases to repair the typical R36 crushed bolster problem. Then a detail, and she will be mint condition again. I plan to own the car 2-3 more years, at which point I'll be buying that new Arteon R once they take their big initial depreciation hits. :P

I have to say, I did not expect to own this car for 10 years but it has been so excellent there has been nothing on the market so far that I felt was good enough to replace it. I was starting to think about compromising and grabbing a Golf R Mk. 8 when they come out, but then the Arteon R got announced, finally a car that I like enough to be happy replacing this one with.

Here's a photo at The Bend Motorsport Park last year, I am not pictured, and the guy bottom right is just a random event worker who liked the car. :P

https://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2020/07/30855255_388061381709384_598457673411513-1.jpg

Jakeys
21-07-2020, 05:24 PM
Paint and calipers now done, from a bit worse than this example on another car:

https://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2020/07/250420091146mediumjpg38083-1.jpg

To this:

https://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2020/07/109779876_10223742707059441_334992197368-1.jpg
https://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2020/07/109931641_10223742716739683_221609538538-1.jpg

Note that the paint looks a bit brighter, I did ask them to redo them in Jazz Blue which is the correct finish for R32/R36 brakes and provided a paint code but they apparently without asking me researched them and thought that Jazz Blue was "A Polo colour" and instead did them in what I think is Deep Blue from the Mk5 R32 bodywork. So while they are not accurate to the original brakes, it is still an OEM VW colour and it's still quite close and probably looks a bit nicer anyway. So no complaints from me, other than I thought they should have asked before making that decision and I would have explained the colour choice.

Also, keen eyes will notice the stock retaining clips have been replaced with Mk6+ VWR retainers, I considered getting R36 decals applied over these before clear coating but in the end decided it would look better just plain blue, happy with that decision.

tigger73
21-07-2020, 07:24 PM
Nice brake “refresh”.

Jakeys
28-07-2020, 01:20 PM
Some very nice beading after the recent decontamination of the five year old Opti-Coat Pro ceramic coated paint. I wasn't the biggest believer in these coatings at first as I felt they were just wearing off after a year or so and were no better than sealants. As it turns out, I just need to decontaminate the car a bit more regularly than I had been as it spends all its time outdoors and weekdays in an industrial/Defence precinct with lots of iron fallout. This has not been waxed, sealed etc. just the old coating so can't really argue with this result.

https://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2020/07/rQdrJdf-1.jpg

Jakeys
29-07-2020, 12:24 AM
Big parts order came in today. Some trims that have snapped clips, new centre caps for the wheels as the paint is chipped on a few of mine, a new rear tail light to fix a very common dead indicator LED issue on Passats of this era, and new seat bases for both front seats to replace the bolsters that are always ruined on R36's because it's a bit of a stupid design by VW. I priced up a new grille as well as there is a little bit of finish delamination on the top the black slat of my grille, but it was over $900 and I'm not ready to commit that much to fix that problem just yet. I might keep an eye out for a better condition grille from a wreck. I'm trying to be sensible, I want the car to look awesome but it is a 165,000km daily driver, I have to draw the line somewhere!

https://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2020/07/A3cPACG-1.jpg

prn31
18-08-2020, 03:27 PM
Big parts order came in today. Some trims that have snapped clips, new centre caps for the wheels as the paint is chipped on a few of mine, a new rear tail light to fix a very common dead indicator LED issue on Passats of this era, and new seat bases for both front seats to replace the bolsters that are always ruined on R36's because it's a bit of a stupid design by VW. I priced up a new grille as well as there is a little bit of finish delamination on the top the black slat of my grille, but it was over $900 and I'm not ready to commit that much to fix that problem just yet. I might keep an eye out for a better condition grille from a wreck. I'm trying to be sensible, I want the car to look awesome but it is a 165,000km daily driver, I have to draw the line somewhere!

https://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2020/07/A3cPACG-1.jpg

Hi Jakey, where did you get the wheel centre caps from? Mine have seen better days too. I also have a dead LED in my right taillight, but it's not really noticeable and I can live with that.

Jakeys
18-08-2020, 04:37 PM
Cars245 is the website, I would suggest joining and searching the Australian R36 Owners Group on Facebook for Cars245, been some posts about it with good info. But short version sign up, find the part number for the part you need, order, ask them to change payment method to PayPal if you don't want to do an international wire. Pretty painless.

BlackR36
18-08-2020, 11:43 PM
https://i.postimg.cc/mrvLkyxf/20200817-185750.jpg

BlackR36
18-08-2020, 11:54 PM
https://i.postimg.cc/mrvLkyxf/20200817-185750.jpg

BlackR36
19-08-2020, 12:08 AM
Anyway I've tried:for ages and can't get a pic up - extremely difficult.

Looking forward to putting my plates on my immaculate R36

WillYu
21-08-2020, 08:45 AM
wow $900 for a grille, i can't imagine what the dealers would be asking here.

Matt86
30-08-2020, 11:01 PM
Anyway I've tried:for ages and can't get a pic up - extremely difficult.

Looking forward to putting my plates on my immaculate R36

Nice plates! I have RRR036 for TAS!

To add a photo you'll want to click the "Insert Image" icon.

Then Click from computer.

Once you've done this, you'll see the option to "Browse" as per below.

This part will depend on if you're on a Windows PC, Mac, iPhone/iPad or Android device. But you should be prompted to select your photo somehow and "select" it or similar.

The last step is to hit "upload file(s)" as I've underlined here. It's a bit easy to overlook. You can only upload one file at a time, despite it saying "File(s)" as well.

Hope that helps.

MoonSha
31-08-2020, 01:51 AM
What was involved in getting the crackle map? I've been waiting for something like that for the last 6 years!

Jakeys
31-08-2020, 10:19 AM
To add a photo you'll want to click the "Insert Image" icon...

Good tips, also, he should be making a new thread. :P

What was involved in getting the crackle map? I've been waiting for something like that for the last 6 years!

I had it done as part of my ECU/TCU tune. Was a free add-on basically done as part of the ECU.