PDA

View Full Version : Help me find this part!

bombsquad21
29-07-2014, 08:30 PM
Very unfortunately my Tsi Amarok has a missing wastegate circlip, OEM part number N0124394. Due to this missing clip I have no boost. Zilch, Zero and none. My dealer is suggesting 3 weeks, I really need to get my hands on one quicker than that, I'm will to pay for the privilege or if someone out there has a better plan I'd love to know it. No boost means I can't do any further changes to my engine management or other. The clip is worth 0.75c, as I already suggested I would very much like this problem remedied so if anyone can shed any light on my dilemma I would be forever indebted!

tigger73
29-07-2014, 08:36 PM
If your dealer is up for it they could take the clip from a new car and replace it when the spare part comes in. Just depends how much customer service oriented the business is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Peter Jones
29-07-2014, 08:40 PM
From a google image search it just looks like a regular E clip. Any fastener supply place has 'em for a few cents.

bombsquad21
30-07-2014, 06:33 AM
From a google image search it just looks like a regular E clip. Any fastener supply place has 'em for a few cents.

Which would be logic, but they won't fit one of those and I can't access the clip with pulling the manifold off.

bombsquad21
30-07-2014, 06:34 AM
If your dealer is up for it they could take the clip from a new car and replace it when the spare part comes in. Just depends how much customer service oriented the business is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think that's a fairly profound statement. I agree!

William_L
30-07-2014, 06:56 AM
Perhaps you could give the local wreckers a call to see if they have one lying around.

ASV Euro Car Parts - European Auto Spares (http://www.eurocarparts.com.au/)

These guys have been pretty good in the past for me, Their Sydney office didn't have a part so they just shipped it down from Brisbane for me.

tigger73
30-07-2014, 07:13 AM
I think that's a fairly profound statement. I agree!

I know one dealer down this way that has done this sort of thing for some of their customers. Though in this case the car would have been off the road for 3 weeks rather than being an inconvenience (assuming you can still get around).