PDA

View Full Version : Gremlins - 2010 TDI

Jath
13-07-2014, 08:18 AM
Morning,

Quick query, a couple of days ago my left mirror started to delay in responding to the controls (i.e. folding unfolding), now the right mirror wont respond and my windows stay down after i open the door to lock (divers by an inch).
I replaced the battery last year, will call the local dealer on Monday to get it in anyway but just wondering if anyone has a hint as to what it could?

Heh might change my sig :P

Umai Naa!!
13-07-2014, 10:34 AM
Possibly a break in the wiring harness in the driver's door, where it goes from the door to the bottom of the A pillar.

Theres also a common problem with the protective covering on the wiring in the mirrors jamming up the mechanisms.

Try resetting the window, using the switch. Hold the switch down until the glass reaches the bottom, then up until the glass is at the top.

Jath
18-07-2014, 08:31 AM
Danke, tried the reset but both mirrors moved at the same time, but the drivers side wont fold in (and the passenger will but lags by 5 mins). At least the windows wind up now... frig that would be a show stopper in Melb weather.
Think its def a trip to the dealer :(
Cheers
Jath

passat123
22-07-2014, 06:22 PM
How'd it go with the dealer??

Jath
25-07-2014, 08:50 PM
Booked in for the 8th of august, between a dash to NZ for family and then to Adelaide for a physio this was the best date. Although discovered my dealer has relocated the service centre into the back blocks of Hoppers Crossing.... Felt like visiting the set of Mad Max the street looked that bad.

Vexed
01-08-2014, 11:35 PM
I had the same problem with the driver mirror, most of the time it works fine, bit sometimes it jams. I just tap on top of it with a bit of force, it starts working again. This all started after a very cold night at the blue mountains.
Sent from my Windows Phone

Jath
11-08-2014, 02:56 PM
I had the same problem with the driver mirror, most of the time it works fine, bit sometimes it jams. I just tap on top of it with a bit of force, it starts working again. This all started after a very cold night at the blue mountains.

Would be something similar, didn't occur when the dealership had the car but as I was about to leave I had the issue, showed it to the tech and turns out its a cog in the mirror, one delays and feeds back to the other. See if it can be replaced under parts warranty as the mirror was replaced just under a year ago. The windows just sorted them selves out shortly after i made the original post.

Meanwhile am looking to perhaps replace the car, not sure with what at the moment though.
I do like the CC, can get a new one for the same price there abouts as a fully specced A3 TDI Ambition.

Vexed
12-08-2014, 08:38 AM
I'd still go for the CC... I just find it to be the most gorgeous car for the price range :)

Jath
18-08-2014, 10:28 AM
I'd still go for the CC... I just find it to be the most gorgeous car for the price range :)

Finally found a 130TDI to test drive (they are like hens teeth) after a few false starts. There is nothing in stock with the options I want (Park Assist, Driver Assist, Sunroof, icelandic blue, and the brown leather) sooo if we go ahead with the replacement which is 99% at this point, sir here has to put the order in before the 9th of Sep to get it by Feb 2015..... ah well. (I may have said I want my Pony now).

There is a fair bit of upgrade from the 2010 to 2014 model, I was pretty much sold. Priced up an S60, 320d, C something or rather and a A4 I was looking at too much for what I am prepared to pay. The CC still is really bloody good value for money in that segment.

dunners
18-08-2014, 05:15 PM
Hows the ride comfort compared to the 2010.
I've found that that is the only real disappointment i've had with mine is the the ride is a fair bit rougher and louder than my previous cars.

Vexed
18-08-2014, 08:58 PM
Finally found a 130TDI to test drive (they are like hens teeth) after a few false starts. There is nothing in stock with the options I want (Park Assist, Driver Assist, Sunroof, icelandic blue, and the brown leather) sooo if we go ahead with the replacement which is 99% at this point, sir here has to put the order in before the 9th of Sep to get it by Feb 2015..... ah well. (I may have said I want my Pony now).

There is a fair bit of upgrade from the 2010 to 2014 model, I was pretty much sold. Priced up an S60, 320d, C something or rather and a A4 I was looking at too much for what I am prepared to pay. The CC still is really bloody good value for money in that segment.

Wow that's good stuff. I remember a mate of mine was looking for a fully optioned CC, there was only one to be delivered to Australia....
They are usually rare if they are loaded.
Good luck with your fine purchase mate. I'm sure you will enjoy it for many years ahead.

Jath
20-08-2014, 08:39 AM
Hows the ride comfort compared to the 2010.
I've found that that is the only real disappointment i've had with mine is the the ride is a fair bit rougher and louder than my previous cars.

Thought it was on par if not better then mine, think its just the styling update with new goodies in a new car that I am interested in.
But with a 4-5 month wait its not like my car is horrid and i have to ditch it (fixed a few gremlins and gave it a clean and all good again). But the tech upgrades in a new lease would be nice.