PDA

View Full Version : Order to delivery times

BFPO40
29-06-2014, 09:29 PM
Just curious about the typical delivery times on Mk7 Golfs from the day of placing an order to it arriving at the dealer.

If you could also post what model you ordered and if there were any options added.

I ordered a Mk7 Highline in January with lots of options added. I was told by the dealer it typically takes 4 months from order to delivery but with the options I added it could take 6 months.

6 months later (June/now) I am expecting it any day and contact the dealer for an update, they tap away on the computer and tell me its going to be another 3 months!!!!!! Build week confirmed at BW30 so its not even built yet after 6 months.

That will be 9 months in total assuming the dealer is correct (they do not seems to get anything right)

Brendan_A
30-06-2014, 05:07 AM
Mk7 GTI DSG with two options, 5 months 2 days from ordering to delivery.

Dutch77
30-06-2014, 08:27 AM
Mk7 GTI with DSG, no other options. 2 months, 1 day - but that was because my vehicle was already in the system, just not assigned (ie general stock order).

In general if you're ordering a specific car with options then you're always going to be up for 5-6 months as it will usually take a few months to get the build slot. There is no way to change this and no manufacturer will do any better with cars sourced from Europe. If you're beating this time then you're in luck and the car probably had a build slot, if you're doing worse then it's down to bad luck and commiserations.

flight
30-06-2014, 08:44 AM
Mk7 TDI 110 Highline. Metallic, leather, sunroof, driver assist.

4 months - start of Feb to start of June 2014. Well worth the wait.

ClownDog
01-07-2014, 09:16 PM
Mk7 GTI manual with all options except leather.

Ordered Dec 18 and was told to expect delivery mid-May. Asked for an update a couple of times but was always told mid-May. Sure enough, I picked it up on May 16. So 5 months.