PDA

View Full Version : workshop manual for diassembly of interior?

mgrobins
25-06-2014, 12:42 PM
Hi,

I am looking to install some products to reduce wind noise and decrease the amount of noise coming from the hatch/rear wheel area on my GTI (MK7).

I need a manual that details the clips/attachment points etc for disassembly.

Where can I get such a book? Online is ok but a hardcopy would be preferred :).

Anyone who has treated their doors - how did you go with the large plastic shroud that VW use on the inner skin where the door card fits? seems very comprehensive!

Cheers!

46neil
25-06-2014, 01:05 PM
Hi,

I want to do the same to, but its tyre noise at speed which I want to reduce,

Guy_H
25-06-2014, 02:09 PM
Hi,

I am looking to install some products to reduce wind noise and decrease the amount of noise coming from the hatch/rear wheel area on my GTI (MK7).

I need a manual that details the clips/attachment points etc for disassembly.

Where can I get such a book? Online is ok but a hardcopy would be preferred :).

Anyone who has treated their doors - how did you go with the large plastic shroud that VW use on the inner skin where the door card fits? seems very comprehensive!

Cheers!

Go to: https://erwin.volkswagen.de

Its a pay site, but once you get used to it, you should be able to download the full, factory workshop manual for your Golf 7 body for ~ 10 Euro's.

It's the official VW site & brings your information up directly from your VIN number. Takes a while to learn how to navigate it, but its the best, official source.

mgrobins
25-06-2014, 10:02 PM
Thanks Guy :).

Neil I am looking at a couple of products - Second Skin, Raamat and (dare I say it) Dynamat. Second skin appear to have the most authentic products in relation to claimed outcomes and minimal application (eg using mass loaded vinyl on a foam decoupler to stop road noise vs installing multiple layers of butyl like dynamat which stop resonance but cant drop resonant frequency below the audible without a crap load of layers and mass).

Have a read of this. It makes sense to me in terms of what I know for acoustic treatment of home cinemas and studios.
Welcome to Sound Deadener Showdown | Sound Deadener Showdown (http://www.sounddeadenershowdown.com/)

Depending on where you are located maybe we can team up on an order! In fact I could probably propose a get together for dubbers to sound deaden cars haha.

mgrobins
25-06-2014, 10:09 PM
Guy,
Ive not used a manual to pull a car interior down (only engines and stuff). Will the manuals online have diagrams to show how to remove trim etc or the sequence to remove it where interlocking parts exist?

46neil
25-06-2014, 11:24 PM
I purchased this product, Dynamat 10455 Xtreme , there is also another product DB KILL, which is similar (see link)

I won't have a chance to install it some some time.

Dynamat 10455 Xtreme Bulk Pack 9 Sheet Bulk Pack | eBay (http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/261299721379?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649)

Hillbilly
26-06-2014, 08:08 AM
Guy,
Ive not used a manual to pull a car interior down (only engines and stuff). Will the manuals online have diagrams to show how to remove trim etc or the sequence to remove it where interlocking parts exist?

The ERWIN ones do I got the POLO interior as it was a bit hard to figure out how some panels come out. If you buy a day for about $30 you can download manuals for damn near everything for the car. You can also put in a vin and print out all the particulars of the car Like engine type extras fitted, everything.

mgrobins
27-06-2014, 02:17 PM
That sounds great :).

Interesting that its a time subscription but I can download the manuals.

mgrobins
27-06-2014, 02:23 PM
I'm talking with an Australian company currently that does a lot of composite/hybrid foams. They have a MLV/CCF combo with adhesive available on the CCF side that would be very good to go over a vibration damper if my goals are lowering road and exhaust noise.

This product sounds similar to the Second Skin 'Luxury Liner Pro'.

I'm attempting to get info on the total thickness and the type of adhesive. The MLV is med weight 5kg/m^2.

25% coverage dynamat or similar plus CCF/MLV will do a wonderful job (I hope :P).

Hillbilly
27-06-2014, 02:37 PM
That sounds great :).

Interesting that its a time subscription but I can download the manuals.

Interesting but true They are not full workshop manuals like a Gregory's but enough for disassembly of most stuff

NCGR1
15-09-2014, 05:25 AM
Seems odd that all the professionals that test and report on the Mk7 Golf report how quiet it is in the interior. I know my Mk6 is very quiet and find it hard to believe the Mk7 isn't even quieter. Are you sure it isn't the normal increased noise from any performance tire with over 10k miles on them?