PDA

View Full Version : Bug In 2008

frogman
29-10-2007, 08:14 PM
THE BUG IN IS THIS WEEKEND

Car Show AND Oran Park North, Skid Pan + Figure 8 Dirt Track too!

We will be accepting entries on the day for the car show & all the motorsport events!

Registration forms & info here:

http://nationalbugin.org.au/bug-in_nepean_valley_2008_calendar.pdf

CAMS licences & free 1 day membership to NVCC will be available at the track for those who need them.

Will post more info as I get it.

rayray086
29-10-2007, 08:16 PM
Welcome frogman. This shouldn't clash with the Nats I'm hoping?

frogman
29-10-2007, 08:18 PM

Nah, the Nats is moving dates next year.

GermanwithaVdub
29-10-2007, 08:37 PM
wow sounds good. is this malcom dodd bloke who has won it a whole lot of times a member here?

static1800
29-10-2007, 09:51 PM
Last time the bug in was in NSW Dad and I ran our buggy, I think i got top Junior if i recall. Really good event with lots of great people.

Think I need to tell the old man about this, need to get the buggy running again. This time it will have a hot as 1900 engine with twin webbers :D

Nick_80
29-10-2007, 10:05 PM
malcom dodd is an aircooled driver.. so i doubt he would be a member here.. maybe i'm wrong

static1800
29-10-2007, 10:11 PM
malcom dodd

from Sydney?

Nick_80
29-10-2007, 10:20 PM
nah sa.. hence the vwcsa

static1800
30-10-2007, 07:39 AM
Moving this to the Club meet and events section. Would be a great event for us all to go to.

Lukev85
30-10-2007, 09:32 AM
sounds like a great event, id definatly like to go

WEDEL.1
31-10-2007, 07:15 AM
wow sounds good. is this malcom dodd bloke who has won it a whole lot of times a member here?

No! Mal is primarily air-cooled.

He will be there at Easter, although he is still to find a car to drive, but he has had an offer to drive one of the Queenslander's beetles.

Julia & I, at this stage, will not be going.

Maris

WEDEL.1
31-10-2007, 07:16 AM
from Sydney?

Current President of the Volkswagen Club of South Aust.

WEDEL.1
31-10-2007, 07:22 AM
sounds like a great event, id definatly like to go

Bug-Ins have traditionally been a great event, and a graet means of making new friends from Interstate.

Friday night get together with BBQ etc, Saturday car show in the morning, arranged trip in the afternoon, get together Saturday night; Sunday motorsport, evening Presentation dinner.

Julia & I have only missed the two WA Bug-Ins so far in the last 10 years.

The last Bug-In hel;d in Sydney, we had a "party" in our cabin almost each night, kicked the last people out at 2-3am!

static1800
01-11-2007, 06:31 PM
The last Bug-In held in Sydney, we had a "party" in our cabin almost each night, kicked the last people out at 2-3am!

thanks for inviting me!! :?

I was at the last Sydney bug-in :D

Not sure if you would remember a yellow and black buggy racing? which will hopefully be back out of retirement for the next one.

WEDEL.1
02-11-2007, 07:25 AM
thanks for inviting me!! :?

I was at the last Sydney bug-in :D

Not sure if you would remember a yellow and black buggy racing? which will hopefully be back out of retirement for the next one.

Sorry, invitation was by self invitation. People from SA, Vic, NSW & Qld got to know that the parties were mostly at our room, and just wandered in.

Maris

frogman
25-01-2008, 08:07 PM
2008 Sup Regs have been released from CAMS.
Entry forms available soon!!

frogman
31-01-2008, 03:28 PM
Could every one who intends on entering in ANY of the Bug-In activities please go to the web site, down load the itinerary and send in your registration form, (if you havn't already of course)

As you can imagine, running 3 motorsport events at once plus all the other activities requires alot of planing & paperwork.

PRE REGISTERING is the ONLY way to go!

Although it will be availale on the day, we would also greatly appreciate it if all mororsport entrants could get regionaly scruitineered the week before the event.
CAMS car club membership will be available on the day, but again, if you need a CAMS Licence, best be organising it now.
The more technical/pen pushing stuff we all do now, the more fun we can have on the day!!

P.S. Reservered 'Bug-In' accomodation at the H.Q. is almost booked out too..

www.nationalbugin.org.au
:)

Golf Loon
31-01-2008, 08:18 PM
Sounds good and only at Oran Park, near for me.
I`m in. Anyone gonna come and show their cars or race??

static1800
31-01-2008, 08:24 PM
Dad and i should be there with our buggy, if it gets finished in time that is.

rayray086
31-01-2008, 09:29 PM
Hey Rick, how's the Mk3 going? Hope it's treating you right :D

I don't think I'll be competing, but would definitely drop by and check things out. Hope it's not a Saturday......

DUB 20V
31-01-2008, 09:46 PM
Dad and i should be there with our buggy, if it gets finished in time that is.

any pics i had a buggy very fun to drive :D

static1800
01-02-2008, 07:11 AM
any pics i had a buggy very fun to drive :D

Dont have any pics but, its a shortened beetle floorpan with lots of rollbars and is going to have a hot 1800 motor on webbers. It would weight all of 500kg it hammers :D

frogman
04-03-2008, 07:32 PM
Time to update & move the post back up to the top!!

For the Lap Dash, Minimum 6 runs consisting of a 3/4 of a lap warm up, 1 full flying lap & a 1/2 a lap cool down back into the pit lane.
Once everyone has done their 6, we will just keep on sending you out till you cant take it any more, or until 4.30pm, which ever comes first.

For the Motorkhana, Minimum 6 tests

For the Dirt Circuit, Minimum 6 runs

We will accept some entries on the day, but to keep(time consuming) paperwork to a minimum on the day we really would appreciate it if you can send in the registration form at least a week before the event, which ever part of the Bug-In you want to come to.

We can now do FREE 1 day membership to the organising CAMS club (Nepean Valley Car Club)

CAMS L2S licences $95
L2NS for the pan & dirt are $50. AND they will be available to buy on the day.

Scruitineereing (is also free), & can be done by ANY 'S3' CAMS Scruitineer & needs to be done in the week prior to the event. Best to phone the CAMS office on (02) 6935 1366 for your nearest scruitineer, usually the local motorsport type workshop, or somene might live in your area so you can just work out a time to go to them at their home or where ever.
Basically, scruitineering covers safety, such as
- front end/steering no wobbles etc,
- seat firmly mounted,
- battery firmly mounted, -
-condition of seat belt, (a standard seat belt in a road car is fine)
- if you have a roll cage, you must use a harness type belt
-an approved helmet (for the speed /dirt events 99% of helmets sold in Aus are legal)
- a fire extinguisher within reach that is secureley mounted(you can use strong/wide cable ties to mount the bracket if you dont want to drill holes, but DONT cable tie the extinguisher in!)
- & a secondry bonnet latch (an occy strap or a belt through the handle is fine)
-also a blue triangle 150mm sides to show battery location(blue elictrical tape will be fine) for the lap dash.

If you have any other questions about anything feel free to PM me or post them on here

Scruitineering will also be available on the day of the event in the morning, but you might have to wait in a que for a little while...

:)

Golf Loon
14-03-2008, 10:25 PM
Saw rick the organizer of this today. Sounds like a good day. They would love some watercooled cars to go. I would like a go round oran park and its well local to me, so I`m going.

Anyone else??

rayray086
14-03-2008, 10:48 PM
I'm coming to check out the show, but not showing or running anything on the track. Car will be in smash repairs.

frogman
14-03-2008, 11:14 PM
I'm coming to check out the show, but not showing or running anything on the track. Car will be in smash repairs.

D'oh... oh well will see you there at least.
the car show should be good, with a Top Ten, + 'best of' categories AND even a seperate Watercooled promoters choice award, so get the polish and tyre shine out guys!!