PDA

View Full Version : File Upload Size Useless

Treg2
27-10-2007, 04:36 PM
To whom in may concern, :mad:

How ever the administator is for this site you need to adjust the file upload size to something that will allow a half decent picture to display, 97k just doesn't cut it.

If you don't have enough drive space I'm happy to supply you with a larger hard drive or if you are hosting this site with a restricted size I will host this site on one of our own web servers with unlimited site size.

Treg2

Tim
27-10-2007, 04:56 PM
its not hard to learn how to resize an image.
small sizes dont just save space on the server they stop the page from taking 6 years to load up.
Remember. not everyone has broadband.
If you feel the need to post up a large picture yuo still have the option of hosting is on your own webspace and then just linking to it.

KI11Z
28-10-2007, 04:24 PM
This has made me wonder (not angry) too and how do some members have the ability to post such HUGE pics?! :???:

gpk_gti
28-10-2007, 04:32 PM
http://www.vwwatercooled.org.au/newforum/upload/showthread.php?t=3532

please read this guys.........:D

The_Hawk
28-10-2007, 04:35 PM
Photobucket or similar + [img] codes. The images are then hosted elsewhere.

I'm assuming lots of people are using that sort of service for their sig pics too.

rayray086
28-10-2007, 07:10 PM
A good photo editing program can adjust the amount of quality/compression for JPEG images. I regularly achieve sub-100kb JPEG files at 800x600 resolution, which is big enough IMO. Any bigger and it can potentially cause some viewing troubles for some that run low resolutions on small monitors (yours truly :rolleyes:).

Also, like the above posts have mentioned, use an external hosting site. It'll divert a lot of the bandwidth used in hosting images by VWW. Photobucket is bloody easy to use.

anarchycamp
29-10-2007, 09:32 PM
Ill take that hard drive and hosting off your hands if you are giving them away :D

GermanwithaVdub
02-11-2007, 11:56 PM
Photobucket is bloody easy to use.

but you gotta be a member right? www.imageshack.us and you just click browse, find the file in your computer, and click upload. no registration or anything i think its a great service

AusScare
24-06-2009, 09:35 AM
Is the size max really 19.7kb???

i went to change my sig, can't upload a 47kb file, and can't link to the same file through imageshack.

What's up with this???

99gti
24-06-2009, 10:06 AM
We are slowly getting rid of all attachments as there are plenty of off-site solutions.

You should be able to link to any external image as long as you know the URL to locate it.

AusScare
24-06-2009, 03:12 PM
We are slowly getting rid of all attachments as there are plenty of off-site solutions.

You should be able to link to any external image as long as you know the URL to locate it.

Yea I ended up just adding a link to imageshack, so that's pretty easy.