PDA

View Full Version : Golf Mk7 45D4 Update

kk_mqb_mk7
20-05-2014, 09:52 AM
Hi guys. Need your view here. I just sent my car in this morning to fix the wastegate rattling noise and I saw a "4SD4 (or is it 4SDA??) recall" written on the service job sheet. What is this about? Service adviser don't seem to have a clue. Anyone seen this before?

kk_mqb_mk
Golf 90TSi Comfortline

ecka
20-05-2014, 01:14 PM
Hi kk

Just took my Mk7 for the initial 7500km inspection the other day and when I picked it up they informed me they did the service update/recall to the electric handbrake. maybe that's what they did.........????

donweather
20-05-2014, 01:17 PM
Just a wee bit of a worry that the service dealer doesn't have a clue about it!!! Do you really want him servicing your car?

bru20vt
20-05-2014, 02:17 PM
I had this done last week. The following was taken from another thread:

On 02.04.2014 VW launched action number 45D4 for 1.2 tsi and 1.4 tsi Golf 7 which is about upgrading the software in the ECU (engine management software), plus recoding and updating computers in the front doors (related to confort computers responsible for opening and closing doors and windows) and the EPB (electronic parking brakes, including dissengagement of Auto Hold); there is also some more recoding for the GTI 2.0tfsi models

Also, taken from another thread was this link which tells you the recalls applicable to your VIN. I checked it before I took it in and it had the 45D4 listed and checked a couple of days after it was done and the search came up clean.

Abfrage Rückrufaktionen < Volkswagen Service < Service & Zubehör < Volkswagen Deutschland (http://www.volkswagen.de/de/servicezubehoer/VolkswagenService/rechte_marginalspalte/abfrage_rueckrufaktionen.html)

Dutch77
20-05-2014, 04:53 PM
The thread discusses it from here: http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/f197/dsg-recall-mk7-just-received-letter-93014-post1050874.html#post1050874

kk_mqb_mk7
20-05-2014, 07:19 PM
Thanks guys. Got it back. It was indeed a software update related to the electric parking brake. All these software updates reminds me about Windows Update!!! :facepalm: I guess "Service Advisers" nowadays are nothing more than admin staffs. I saw their technical job sheets when collecting the car and it was full with protocols, standard procedures and references. They basically just follow everything from the book. Good for efficiency, but in the end, only require an admin staff to handle the job. Gone are the days of experts.