PDA

View Full Version : What have you done to your CC Today?

warrick
15-05-2014, 07:10 PM
hi
as we didnt seem to have one of these threads i thought it was time we did. so i'll go first

i had the exhaust tips changed as i wanted something less weak looking than the standard chrome
ones.got some angle cutback 90mm dia chrome ones.fill the gap up much better and make it look a bit more purposeful.
also a couple of weeks ago i fitted a red and chrome "RLINE" badge to the front grille.only because i like the look of them,it breaks up the grille and R is my initial.looks good i think.to fit it i made up a solid rubber block shaped to the badge,drilled through it and bolted the badge to it.size is a tight fit through grille slats and i put a bit of glue on the rubber.presto! instant
badge attached.
cheers
warrick

Jath
18-05-2014, 07:36 PM
I really like the subtle changes, I personally haven't done anything to mine, and might not as its only going to be with me for another year or so. But thumbs up from me for the pics and changes.

warrick
18-05-2014, 07:55 PM
thanks Jath,appreciate your interest.must admit i dont like my car looking like everyone elses so i always personalise my cars a bit.changed the wheels a couple of weeks ago too.that is about the limit of the changes i will do except for a tune.
cheers
warrick

warrick
21-05-2014, 08:30 PM
gee i thought we would have a bit more input.surely there are more CC members on here?

Doesnt look like the tune will happen at this stage,been let down by tuner.changed date without telling me
and now i will be away when he wants to do it.damn i thought i was the customer.
warrick

team_v
22-05-2014, 06:40 AM
gee i thought we would have a bit more input.surely there are more CC members on here?

Doesnt look like the tune will happen at this stage,been let down by tuner.changed date without telling me
and now i will be away when he wants to do it.damn i thought i was the customer.
warrick

Do you mind sharing who the tuner was?
Is yours the NA 3.6?

Lucas_R
22-05-2014, 07:07 AM
DNA have a tune for the 3.6L. Get in touch with them.

warrick
22-05-2014, 08:42 AM
superchips,peter james.made the appointment for May.held off booking hols till june,contacted him the other day to
confirm and was told wouldnt be till june.dont know when he was going to tell me if i hadnt contacted him.
yes mine is the NA 3.6.

i have considered DNA.not sure how it would work as i believe you need to open the ecu on my model and dont know if they have a dealer
up here.

cheers
warrick

team_v
22-05-2014, 09:11 AM
superchips,peter james.made the appointment for May.held off booking hols till june,contacted him the other day to
confirm and was told wouldnt be till june.dont know when he was going to tell me if i hadnt contacted him.
yes mine is the NA 3.6.

i have considered DNA.not sure how it would work as i believe you need to open the ecu on my model and dont know if they have a dealer
up here.

cheers
warrick

DNA use a handheld file loader from memory, check out the tuner section.
Unfortunately there isn't much of a focus on teh NA 3.6 engine as you don't get much of a gain so most of the tuning goes into suspension and exhaust systems.

warrick
22-05-2014, 09:33 AM
Yeah i believe it is an improvement of 15kw and 25nm. but fuel is improved a little and throttle response as well as mid range torque.
so i think that would probably be all i want,not after mega power.just to make a really nice car even better.
cheers
warrick

Lucas_R
22-05-2014, 02:34 PM
Just send DNA your ECU. I did this recently with my GTI. Had to go without the car for a few days (not a problem for me) while it went to Melb, got tuned and shipped back to me.

warrick
22-05-2014, 03:13 PM
apparently they have a loan plug and play kit for the 3.6 which costs $40 including shipping both ways.
just prefer to have someone do it rather than me.at my age things go wrong with computers when i play with them.
thanks guys for your input.
cheers
warrick

team_v
22-05-2014, 04:21 PM
apparently they have a loan plug and play kit for the 3.6 which costs $40 including shipping both ways.
just prefer to have someone do it rather than me.at my age things go wrong with computers when i play with them.
thanks guys for your input.
cheers
warrick

Have you had a chat to Gavin (h100vw) as he does custom code tuning and is based in Brissy, they may hav something for the NA 3.6.

warrick
22-05-2014, 04:40 PM
thanks for that,have just sent him a PM.
cheers
warrick

warrick
22-05-2014, 06:20 PM
well i heard back from Gavin and nothing worthwhile apparently. so save my money and just enjoy the car the way it is.
thanks everyone for the help.
cheers
warrick

h100vw
22-05-2014, 06:31 PM
well i heard back from Gavin and nothing worthwhile apparently. so save my money and just enjoy the car the way it is.
thanks everyone for the help.
cheers
warrick

If you want to have a go with DNA, I'll come and "hold your hand" so to speak.

Gavin

warrick
22-05-2014, 06:46 PM
thanks very much for that Gavin.i will get in touch with them and see what the latest is.
will post their reply
cheers
warrick

warrick
22-05-2014, 06:54 PM
have sent an email to DNA,so will see what John has to say.
cheers
warrick

dunners
23-05-2014, 03:27 PM

I'd love to make changes to mine but at the moment it's keeping me poor, in 2 weeks i've had:
Standard service
New tyre Pressure sensor
New tyres
and now have a Glow plug light, a check engine light and "Engine Fault Go to Workshop" message. :uneasy:

I love your R in the grill though, mabes one day I might steal that idea :p

warrick
24-05-2014, 12:01 AM
hi dunners
thanks for the feedback.i know how you feel.i have only had the car a few months and i seem to be spending all my time and money on it.
full service
k & n panel filter
towbar
exhaust tips
wheels and tyres
personal plates
wheel alignment
12mths rego
stamp duty/transfer fees, car was bought interstate.
air fares to sydney from brisbane
petrol and o/n accomadation back to brisbane
new polish and wax products.
it just goes on and on.eventually though you get to the end and can enjoy all your hard work.
i just love finding excuses to go for a drive now, you will get there soon too.
best of luck
cheers
warrick

ps.if you want anymore info on the R badge let me know. was only a few dollars on ebay so wont break the bank.

passat123
24-05-2014, 07:31 AM
Warrick, have you lowered your car on H&R springs?
-what suspension setup have you got?

warrick
24-05-2014, 08:46 AM
no just a combination of things.this is how i want it to look.at the moment it is stock.this picture is a combo of extra weight in the car,4 wheels and tyres,sloping angle of the ground and a little
photoshop. dont think i will play with springs as i dont want to upset the great ride i have at the moment.time will tell though.i would go with eibach springs if i was to lower it.
the 19's have only made the ride marginally harder.like going from comfort setting to normal setting. dont want to upset the chassis control either,it is so good.
thanks for the interest.
cheers
warrick

warrick
27-05-2014, 09:00 AM
well just got a reply from John at DNA. price is $630 for tune plus $40 return for the loan tool. unfortunately he doesnt take credit cards
so i will have to wait till cash funds become available. keep you updated as things progress.
cheers
warrick

enixsr
04-06-2014, 12:27 PM
Are the wheels 19''? Is the car lowered? I am looking at lowering my car for pure look. I would rather spend the $$ on a new set of wheels/tyres.
Good job Warrick. I will post some pictures soon

warrick
04-06-2014, 12:35 PM
hi enixsr
yes they are 19's.in the pic it is lowered a little with photoshop plus the angle of the ground and at the time it had 4 extra wheels and tyres in the boot.
i would like to drop it a bit with some eibachs but concerned on the effect it would have on the chassis/stability control.
cheers
warrick

enixsr
04-06-2014, 01:41 PM
These photos were taken a while ago. Will give the car a thorough wash this long weekend and put some more pictures then.

Put an aftermarket LED DRL. Looks much better. Also changed steering wheel and put on footwell lights.

I guess most CC owners are executives (I'm not :() who don't do much of this forum thing and most CCs are company cars?

I saw a CC for sale on carsales with R line body kit. I already asked the owner about the kit. Hopefully he will get back to me so I can start sourcing the body kit.

enixsr
04-06-2014, 01:45 PM
I got quoted $900 for set of H&R springs including wheel alignment. Will drop about 30mm. It will work with DCC. Still tossing up whether should spend the money on lowering.....but I hate the stock height...

warrick
04-06-2014, 03:03 PM
i agree about the stock height being too high.i am getting used to it though.found these on ebay for about $500 delivered but by the time you have them fitted i guess would not be much cheaper.
Eibach PRO KIT Lowering Springs VW Passat CC 3cc CPE 08 E10 85 016 09 22 | eBay (http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/270999500508?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649)

i am retired so no executive here.with the second hand price being so reasonable i am still surprised at the small number,especially v6, around.i think that as VW dont advertise them doesnt help either.
cheers
warrick

warrick
15-06-2014, 05:54 PM
put a second shopping bag hook in the boot and gave it a wash today.
nothing too exciting.
cheers
warrick

enixsr: yours is coming along nicely.wouldnt mind doing the footwell lights,the mind is willing but the body will not co-operate

dunners
16-06-2014, 11:42 AM
I was wondering guys i'f yous have a rattle/vibration from the dash just below the speedo.
I have the brushed aluminium trim and directly behind the steering wheel it vibrates.
The sound never really bothered me at first but now i've noticed it its so frustrating. :mad:
Any ideas on how to fix it..?

warrick
16-06-2014, 12:04 PM
hi dunners
no noise here.maybe the double sided tape,if thats how its attached,has let go? can you lift the trim at all? if you can maybe see if you can push a bit of double sided tape under it.i use tarzans grip double sided tape for lots of things around the place.can get it from bunnings supposed to be able to support up to 100kg from memory.other than that sorry cant really offer any other suggestions.good luck
cheers
warrick

Eaglen00b
16-06-2014, 05:26 PM
Hi Dunners,

Try pushing the storage bin under the dash to the right of the steering wheel firmly inwards to ensure it's tightly closed. I've found that it sometimes makes a soft (but frustratingly persistent), continuous buzzy/rattly noise after prolonged periods on coarse bitumen.

Usually happens when I just very quickly dump my phone/sunnies case in there and half arsedly slam it shut.

dunners
18-06-2014, 12:31 PM
Cheers warrick,
Getting under the trim is hard cos it's that tiny section behind the steering wheel but I'll have a look again this evening (after origin of course)

and thanks Eaglen00b,
It's not the storage bin though (i've had that rattle before always fixed by a good shove of the knee ;) )

warrick
18-06-2014, 01:40 PM
fitted a new cabin air filter today.bit of a problem for my arthritic body but work/fit perfect.
cheers
warrick

warrick
19-06-2014, 11:53 PM
well today i discovered that i have locks on my rear seats to stop them from being pulled down. didnt know they were there. anyway it said i needed the emergency key to lock them. as far as i knew i had no key only the key module. i learnt from my ford warranty manager friend that the key is part of the key module,who knew,not me. there is a little button on the key tag end side to push and presto one emergency key pops out.everyone except me probably knew it was there but i was amazed. i had asked the guy i bought the car from about a key and he knew nothing about it. you live and learn,especially with this car,the surprises keep coming.
cheers
warrick

warrick
28-06-2014, 06:54 PM
i ended up getting my tune from Peter James despite my early trouble.i had it done weds so not much time for a report back,but here goes.
improvement in low to mid torque,not huge by any means and to be fair Peter said he could give me more but at the expense of fuel economy.
as i didnt want this we went with a compromise on performance and fuel economy.early days but the first results are encouraging.did a trip up to caloundra turn off and back to Bracken Ridge with a food stop in the middle and returned an average according to my gps of 6.9 l/100klms.which i was really surprised by.i was also doing some acceleration tests during this run so
i cant complain.hopefully it continues at this level.overall so far i would have to say it was worth the money.time will tell. depends what you want from a tune as to if it is worth it for everyone.for what i wanted i would have to give it a thumbs up :biggthumpup:
cheers
warrick

dunners
29-06-2014, 08:35 PM
there is a little button on the key tag end side to push and presto one emergency key pops out.

Yeah i found this one out, also after you have removed the emergency key you can slide the entire metallic top bit off which will give you access to the keys battery.

Another handy tip to know is that the emergency key can unlock the car. First you have to look at the door handle from the bottom, there is a little gap the exact size of the emergency key, you have to flick off the plastic cover (with the key) which will reveal a slot to insert the key and unlock the door.

I still have no idea how to start the car with only the emergency key though (if it's even possible)

warrick
29-06-2014, 11:08 PM
thanks for that dunners,interesting info.
cheers
warrick

warrick
08-07-2014, 11:35 PM
had the two rear mufflers replaced today.undecided if i like them or not.will keep them for a little while and see how they settle in.love the idle sound and the highway cruising
just a little worried that the uphill/accelerating stage may be a little loud for me.the mufflers were replaced with 8" x 10" straight through mufflers.i think if they were about 20% quieter
i would be very happy,but time will tell.thanks go to Alex at Mr Muffler at Sumner Park for taking the time to help me and getting the fit just right.
cheers
warrick

warrick
19-07-2014, 04:38 PM
well having had the rear mufflers done for about 10 days now i have to say i like them.they have settled into a fairly deep note,still quietish at highway speed,no drone.idle is a nice refined deep burble and a nice roar at WOT.occasional drone at load conditions but only rarely.overall very happy with the mod.
cheers
warrick

dunners
20-07-2014, 05:26 PM
Thats awesome, im insanely jealous.
Unfortunately i have the TDI version so no matter how good the muffler system it still sounds like a bag of spanners going downhill in a wheelbarrow.

warrick
22-07-2014, 12:08 AM
hi dunners
yeah you are right it is difficult to get that right note.i would say i am probably 95% happy with mine.i think i can live with 95% for the small amount of outlay,only cost me around $380
all up.would probably cost me 3 times that to get the extra 5%,not worth it i dont think.wifey hasnt complained so it cant be too bad.
cheers
warrick

warrick
08-08-2014, 02:30 PM
just looking at replacing the front rotors ,are there any tricky bits involved in doing this or is it basicly the same as a holden?
cheers
warrick

rjt86
18-08-2014, 07:15 PM
I found out about the emergency key when i managed to press the little button to release it and dropped the remote on the floor. :facepalm:

I'm also looking to replace both front & rear rotors soon, as they have lost their coating and are starting to get a bit of surface rust on the hub area. I will most likely will go for ceramic compound brake pads, as the factory ones have so much brake dust.

PITA to clean with the new wheels i got.

warrick
19-08-2014, 12:20 AM
yes i picked up the ATE ceramic pads for the front of mine, $190. i am getting the front DBA T2 Slotted rotors from GSL Rallysport for $107 each delivered. they are out of stock at the moment but due in by the end of the month.
cheers
warrick

dunners
19-08-2014, 09:35 AM
I will most likely will go for ceramic compound brake pads, as the factory ones have so much brake dust.

Historically I have always used Lucas, I have never found a set of better pads, though I have also never found a set of dirtier pads.
But in my opinion I'd rather have the best brakes and lots of dust than average brakes and no dust.

My mechanic now however only fits ATE (i think they have signed some kinda deal with them) so i'd be keen to hear what you think of them warrick.

warrick
19-08-2014, 09:50 AM
hi dunners
no prob,i will report back once i have them fitted.just got to wait for the discs
cheers
warrick

Dano deluxe
20-08-2014, 07:45 PM
Hi guys,
I've been going through this thread & it has some good info, thanks.

I've just bought a black 2009 CC 3.6 DSG & have to say I am loving it, so far the only thing I have done is tint all the windows but looking to do a few other things namely wheels & exhaust.

I read on another forum that Bastuck makes an exhaust for this that makes it sound like a Merc C63 which would be amazing but not sure if I believe it, has anyone had any experience in this dept? I have found a place in Sydney that does them but waiting on a price.

Warrick hows your exhaust system going, the price sounds very reasonable - any chance you could post a vid of it so we can hear the sound?

Also wondering if anyone has tried powdercoating or painting the stock turbine looking wheels black?

Cheers,
Dan

warrick
20-08-2014, 08:24 PM
hi Dano deluxe
being an old guy i am not up on the newer stuff like video recording.i dont have anything to do it for a start,i dont even have a mobile.
as far as the Bastuck exhaust is concerned,do a search on youtube there were a couple of this exhaust on cc 's.same with the powdercoated rims. VWVortex forum has some pics i'm sure of this combo.good luck they are a great car that i just love driving and hate getting out of.
cheers
warrick

Dano deluxe
20-08-2014, 09:28 PM
Thanks Warrick I'll check that out, what brand is the new exhaust you got and did you remove the resonators?
I've heard some talk about removing them, cheers.
Dan

warrick
20-08-2014, 11:43 PM
i cant tell you what brand they are, but nothing hi tech.i only have a part no. on the invoice.as i was only after the sound rather than performance gain i didnt feel the need to go big dollars.
i only removed the muffler each side at the back with the tips on.the rest of the exhaust is stock.i have been told it has a nice deepish note and not ricey. i believe from what i have been told by my critics that it should not cause any police interest.i think that at WOT you hear it more inside the car than out,which is what i wanted. i have to say it is a completely different sound to any other exhaust i have had on other cars.very hard to explain,kind of like a cammy/modified sound.
cheers
warrick

rjt86
21-09-2014, 09:06 AM
Finally got around to replacing the front rotors and pads to the ATE ceramic compound stuff, hardly any dust now after about 500km's of driving.

However I'm waiting for the 14mm spline head socket to come down to get the rear caliper bracket off.

Warrick - I'm looking to add the same tow bar as you, did you run into any issues with using their wiring with led trailer lights? Also I'm guessing when reversing you just have to switch off the parking sensors?

Also Is the mounting point quite noticeable with the hitch removed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rjt86
21-09-2014, 09:15 AM
i cant tell you what brand they are, but nothing hi tech.i only have a part no. on the invoice.as i was only after the sound rather than performance gain i didnt feel the need to go big dollars.
i only removed the muffler each side at the back with the tips on.the rest of the exhaust is stock.i have been told it has a nice deepish note and not ricey. i believe from what i have been told by my critics that it should not cause any police interest.i think that at WOT you hear it more inside the car than out,which is what i wanted. i have to say it is a completely different sound to any other exhaust i have had on other cars.very hard to explain,kind of like a cammy/modified sound.
cheers
warrick

Do you still have you standard rear mufflers with the tips? I would love to add the dual exhaust to the rear of my diesel lol

warrick
21-09-2014, 09:40 AM
hi rjt86
i still have the mufflers but i had already changed the tips,so i transferred them to the new mufflers.regards the towbar,i didnt fit it i had it done but no problems from what they said.one thing i will say is it is not suitable for attaching a bike rack if you want to do that, as the tongue doesnt have a detachable ball,it is all one piece.yes the mounting point is visable but not much more than others.the bracket that mounts the plug could be made less visable. i have to say that it does look a bit like a phallic symbol the way it curves up but as i only have it on usually no longer than an hour it doesnt really worry me. i have the reversing camera with my sensors so it all just works as normal.

rjt86
21-09-2014, 11:16 AM
Hey Warrick, I'm with you now regarding the mufflers.

Thanks for the heads up on the tow bar, i mainly only cart my mountain bike around and happy to drop the seats and take off the front wheel to get it in the boot.

I prefer the look of euro style tow bar compared to the standard Aussie one, so I'll probably go for it. I was also trying to see if it's worth forking out the extra cash for the VW trailer ecu....but as you don't have any
issues I'll stick with the cheaper option, as it will only be used a couple of times a year if that.

FYI- if you are changing the rear disc's on your CC, you will need a 14mm spline head socket to get the caliper bracket off which will allow you to get the disc off. I bought mine here: http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=131190074891

warrick
21-09-2014, 12:15 PM
thanks for that rjt86,but at this stage only doing the fronts.i am probably going to have to attack putting them on myself as my son seems permanently busy these days.i will end up out of action no doubt for a few days as my body will let me know its objection to the excercise . pains of getting old.
cheers
warrick

ps:that link doesnt seem to work for me.

rjt86
21-09-2014, 01:12 PM
You should be ok, the fronts are fairly straight forward but the caliper bracket bolts are quite tight so I had to use a breaker bar on them. Good thing is the front uses standard bolts, no allen, torx or hex ect...

This is a pic of the tool for the rear in that eBay link I listed in the last post. The M14 is the one required for the rear, but I heard the others are used on other suspension components on VW's and Audi's, so the kit may come in handy: http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2014/09/f405e663b46fcb09cdbf8545aa052630-2.jpg

warrick
26-09-2014, 02:52 PM
i finally have my DBA Slotted front rotors and ATE Ceramic pads fitted.a mate came and helped me as my son was too busy.first impressions are great.good feel to the pedal,no squeal or noise at all.will have to wait till i have bed them in properly to really tell and see how the dust goes.no negatives yet though.will report back later.
cheers
warrick

rjt86
27-09-2014, 01:25 AM
Great stuff Warrick, you will love them compared to the original VW pads in terms of dust and they the bite gets even better after a few hundred k's. I'm loving mine so far and the braking with the active cruise is actually smother as well.

warrick
27-09-2014, 11:24 AM
thanks rjt86,i think they are going to be fine.the initial bite already seems much better and predictable.over the next few weeks i should get a better idea though.
cheers
warrick

rjt86
27-09-2014, 11:47 AM
Added DAB+ the other day, it's a new Dension DAB+ U unit that connects to the factory MDI unit via USB.

It works well and you control the unit via the RNS, radio station names display on the screen but song names don't.

A cheaper option to replacing the RNS with a new DAB unit, as they are still pricey.

dunners
30-09-2014, 04:31 PM
Added DAB+ the other day, it's a new Dension DAB+ U unit that connects to the factory MDI unit via USB.
It works well and you control the unit via the RNS, radio station names display on the screen but song names don't.

Very interested in this :)
Whered you get it and for how much..?

rjt86
01-10-2014, 07:44 PM
Very interested in this :)
Whered you get it and for how much..?

I got it from Complete Options located near Springvale, Melbourne. The unit was $280, $60 for the antenna and $80 to install the antenna.

The unit is a Dension DAB+ U unit, if you're interstate the dension site lists all the Aussie resellers around the country.

One issue I have with it is reception, it isn't too bad but the antenna they installed is a passive unit. I'm going to obtain the Dension Amplified one and give that a go. Best is always external but that's a bit more work to install but might go that way if the windscreen ones are no good.

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2014/10/1bd5b2ea0817eb3de78fd93c129ab9bf-1.jpg

dunners
02-10-2014, 03:51 PM
One issue I have with it is reception, it isn't too bad but the antenna they installed is a passive unit. I'm going to obtain the Dension Amplified one and give that a go. Best is always external but that's a bit more work to install but might go that way if the windscreen ones are no good.

Sounds good, let us know how you go, and how much of a difference the new anntena makes.

seanmau5
11-12-2014, 03:59 PM
Decided it was about time that I changed my rotors, was sick of the wheel shudder under heavy braking. New front and rear DBA rotors, just went with OEM replacement because it's a street driven car and slots would just be for bling.

Replaced damaged parts on driver's side wing mirror.

Also ordered all new lighting for the car too. DRL/indicator lights to replace standard indicators, all new LED lights for parkers, standard DRLs and corner lights. Currently searching the internets for custom LED tail lights - if you know of any that are a similar design to the face lifted CC then let me know!

rjt86
11-12-2014, 06:42 PM
Nice one, make sure the led's are canbus supported with the resistors built in or In line resistors or you'll get the bulb out errors.

I've looked for aftermarket led tails and can't seem to find anything, you could install the facelift led tails if you change the rear bumper. I ended up buying the led kit from eBay which has canbus led's for every bulb in the rear, it looks much better then the standard globes.

I'm also interested to know if anyone found any after market led tail lights.

seanmau5
17-12-2014, 12:50 PM
Thanks for the heads up, I'm all over it! Was quite difficult to find CANbus LED's in the colour I wanted, just had to buy some and hope they'll match the bi-xenon headlights.

I read about that, and I love the tails on the facelift but not sure if I really want to change the rear bumper too.

rjt86
17-12-2014, 01:00 PM
No stress, yea the face lift tail light upgrade is a bit of work. Wait for someone to rear end you lol.

On another note on topic: Gavin came down from Brisbane yesterday and flashed my Ecu and DSG, the Ecu was flashed with as stage 2 with a ERG delete preformed. Everything went really well and Gavin is a top guy. Low end torque is significantly better and it's just brought the whole car alive.

seanmau5
22-12-2014, 12:28 AM
Where is Gavin from? I'm waiting on a DNA tune but apparently there is issues with their equipment? Makes a big difference?

team_v
22-12-2014, 06:33 AM
Where is Gavin from? I'm waiting on a DNA tune but apparently there is issues with their equipment? Makes a big difference?

Gavin works with Custom Code.
Long time forum member and all around great and helpful guy.
See here: http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/f180/www-custom-code-co-uk-back-online-92814.html

rjt86
23-12-2014, 11:50 AM
Thats right, I highly recommend Gavin & Custom Code. The tune has made a fair bit of a difference power & torque wise. He's from Brisbane but he will probably visit you in Sydney if you organise it.

Gavin actually reads each individual ECU & DSG, sends it off to Custom Code in the UK who then makes the changes, and then Gavin flashes it back. Most others provide a generic tune or don't even flash the DSG at all, which won't allow you to take full advantage of the extra torque.

As a bonus It seems to have decreased fuel consumption, at the moment the trip comp is reading 0.7L/100km less that what i usually average, i'm at half a tank at moment so will need to finish this one up to see how it really goes.

rjt86
23-12-2014, 11:53 AM
Sounds good, let us know how you go, and how much of a difference the new anntena makes.

I didn't end up changing out the glass antenna as yet, i've just put up with it.

One of those Shark OEM replacements with DAB is the way to go tho and this is what i'll be looking at next.

h100vw
24-12-2014, 01:24 PM

I can probably arrange a trip to Sydney in the New Year if you don't get fixed up with DNAtuning.

Cheers

Gavin

Vexed
27-12-2014, 01:21 AM
I can probably arrange a trip to Sydney in the New Year if you don't get fixed up with DNAtuning.

Cheers

Gavin

Hi Gavin,

I'm interested in the TDI chip tune. I'm in Sydney as well... How much would cost to flash the ECU and DSG?
Thanks...

h100vw
27-12-2014, 01:38 PM
Hi Gavin,

I'm interested in the TDI chip tune. I'm in Sydney as well... How much would cost to flash the ECU and DSG?
Thanks...

$849 each for Phase 1. Output depends on which engine you have obviously, I am not familiar with you Passat guys but if you go to Home | Custom Code | Audi VW ECU Remap Tuning UK (http://www.custom-code.co.uk) you can get some numbers.

Gavin

Vexed
27-12-2014, 02:02 PM
$849 each for Phase 1. Output depends on which engine you have obviously, I am not familiar with you Passat guys but if you go to Home | Custom Code | Audi VW ECU Remap Tuning UK (http://www.custom-code.co.uk) you can get some numbers.

Gavin

That sounds reasonable. Does that include DSG as well?
This is the one for my engine
2.0 TDI CR 170 | Custom Code | Audi VW ECU Remap Tuning UK (http://www.custom-code.co.uk/remaps/category/vw/passat-cc/2-0-tdi-cr-170/)

Are you coming to Sydney anytime soon?

Thanks.

h100vw
27-12-2014, 02:10 PM
That sounds reasonable. Does that include DSG as well?
This is the one for my engine
2.0 TDI CR 170 | Custom Code | Audi VW ECU Remap Tuning UK (http://www.custom-code.co.uk/remaps/category/vw/passat-cc/2-0-tdi-cr-170/)

Are you coming to Sydney anytime soon?

Thanks.

No trip planned yet, I am off on holiday to NZ for a week as well so January is probably out. $849 each ECU and DSG. What year is the car?

Vexed
27-12-2014, 02:16 PM
No trip planned yet, I am off on holiday to NZ for a week as well so January is probably out. $849 each ECU and DSG. What year is the car?

It is a 2010 CC TDi... Well whenever you decide to drop in, please let me know. Enjoy your holiday...

h100vw
27-12-2014, 02:19 PM
It is a 2010 CC TDi... Well whenever you decide to drop in, please let me know. Enjoy your holiday...

Will do. Thanks :)

seanmau5
30-12-2014, 12:20 AM
Installed the aftermarket DRLs the other day.. Easy enough process (I've fiddled with previous cars).

The car has thrown a CEL :( scan with VAGCOM has returned P0030 and P0050 which is the heating circuit on front left and right O2 sensors? It just so happened to throw it once I had tapped my fuse (which I think was #33 in the engine bay). Coincidence?

rjt86
30-12-2014, 12:28 AM
Hey seanmau5,

Was it aftermarket replacement DRL's in the original headlights or the LED DRL's that replace the factory indicators with the White and Amber led's?

seanmau5
30-12-2014, 09:38 PM
Yes the aftermarket ones that replace the standard indicator.

Turns out my CEL was due to not putting the fuse in the correct terminal on the fuse tap... All good now! Installed some CANBUS 'error free' Cree LED's in the standard drl's in the headlight..... Turns out they're not so error free:mad:

Mullens
06-01-2015, 07:08 PM
picked mine up today ^_^

just need to decide what colour plates to get navy/white or silver/black

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/v/t34.0-12/10888819_10153492553907678_9069200321962481829_n.j pg?oh=ac88e4744bc5edd0b12b0d5bf622937d&oe=54AE08DA&__gda__=1420718185_3b7172c201b477e2add23a8b2259005 e

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/v/t34.0-12/10414387_10153492558367678_8002051854639956744_n.j pg?oh=7d85bf123870e28e74babd2ba671ccb7&oe=54AD44CD&__gda__=1420640702_a966a24f6c3c824029dd274d7fce344 e

seanmau5
06-01-2015, 07:11 PM
Swap wheels??? 😉😉

seanmau5
06-01-2015, 07:14 PM
$140 for a new user manual today :( mine was missing 3 of the books, slowly getting it back to where it should be

Mullens
06-01-2015, 07:18 PM
im quite happy with the Lugano 19's sorry mate

seanmau5
06-01-2015, 07:20 PM
I'm incredibly unhappy with my 18s 😂 damn

Mullens
07-01-2015, 11:44 AM
today i bought the VW iphone 6 cable so i can connect to the cars stereo and priced up a front lip, side skirts, boot lip and the candy tail lights

rjt86
07-01-2015, 09:56 PM
$140 for a new user manual today :( mine was missing 3 of the books, slowly getting it back to where it should be

I'm missing the RNS510 manual but I've kinda worked my way around it now over the year.....

rjt86
07-01-2015, 09:57 PM
today i bought the VW iphone 6 cable so i can connect to the cars stereo and priced up a front lip, side skirts, boot lip and the candy tail lights

Congrads on the purchase!

I'm guessing that's a V6 with those wheels on their?

Did you buy the skirts, spoiler and lip from VW or somewhere else? Also how much did you pay if you don't mind, as I've been looking as well.

seanmau5
12-01-2015, 06:31 PM
candy tail lights

O.o interested!! I feel the tail lights let the rear down a bit. I've looked at options and there isn't a lot, can you elaborate on what these are?

Mullens
14-01-2015, 11:51 AM
tdi actually

unpainted around 2k +

Mullens
14-02-2015, 08:46 PM
took mine around lake side for some happy laps, left it on comfort suspension because i forgot to change it to sports haha

have to say it preformed well! kept up with all the corners but got left for dead on the straights as expected :p

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xaf1/t31.0-8/10916347_840039052709538_8647199416860305278_o.jpg

rjt86
20-02-2015, 07:16 AM
Haha nice one I'm guessing it may of been one of the most fuel efficient out there also

rjt86
08-04-2016, 09:08 AM
Installed a DAB+ RNS510 last night. Sound clarity has been improved, it's a perfect compliment to Dynaudio.

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/04/81dc8b8f9ddb98955f0a75e46eb8ef0f-1.jpghttp://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/04/b7f4eeea39d64307e089a08ec57bc05a-1.jpg

passat123
11-05-2016, 04:25 PM
Have you installed a new RNS510 or is there a module which can connect to an older RNS510 and provide DAB?

rjt86
12-05-2016, 08:39 AM
Have you installed a new RNS510 or is there a module which can connect to an older RNS510 and provide DAB?

I had the Denison module originally, which was fine however it had to buffer about 15 sec of audio before it played the music. It connects via the MDI interface using USB and is fully controllable via the RNS, all you see if the station name.

The images you see in my post above is with a new RNS510 LED with SSD HDD so nice and quick, it plays the audio instantly and provides RDS text and the album artwork as shown with the weather.

If you are interested in the Dension which will add DAB to your existing RNS510 via MDI let me know as I have it sitting at home now, you just need a dab antenna and it will work

rjt86
12-05-2016, 08:39 AM
Link to the Dension unit: https://www.kufatec.com.au/shop/en/dab-dab-tuner/dabu-usb-dab-radio-receiver

passat123
12-05-2016, 07:46 PM
"provides RDS text and the album artwork as shown with the weather."

Would the Dension module do the same?

rjt86
13-05-2016, 08:40 AM
I doubt the Dension module supports it, the product info doesn't state it.

The reason I can't confirm for sure is because my old RNS510 was a 2009 model which did not support RDS anyway. I have a hunch that the Dension unit won't display RNS song/ radio text because it buffers the radio station to a MP3 file, then the head unit accesses and plays that buffered MP3 file via the MDI. You can see the station name but that's about it

Gbranca1
22-05-2016, 12:37 PM
hi guys just purchased a silver 2011 passat cc v6 4motion yesterday (awaiting pick up during the week) so while i have some downtime i've been looking into some mods for the car such as DRL's, carbon fiber rear lip, cat back exhaust etc. just wanted to get some opinions on the best cost effective mods for a new cc owner :)

thanks in advanced for the advice :)

rjt86
22-05-2016, 12:40 PM
I'd go exhaust on a v6 model, also lowering springs and maybe wheels....

Gbranca1
22-05-2016, 01:31 PM
I will be doing the wheels in the future but for now I'm loving those turbine wheels, if you get lower springs do they still allow for comfort/sports mode (sorry if stupid question) also what would be recommended for a exhaust, I want a quiet idle and nice noise when you accelerate? Would a cat back accomplish that??

esskayy
22-05-2016, 02:24 PM
DCC won't get affected by the car being lowered on springs if you use the existing stock shock absorbers, as the DCC is connected to the shocks

There really aren't many exhaust options for the CC 3.6 - there's a few for the R36 that might fit (SuperSprint, iPE) however you're looking at a few g's to get your hand on one of them.

There are plenty of threads for something called a "suitecase delete" mod. A large resonator that looks like a "suitecase" is deleted (cut out) out of the stock exhaust and replaced with straight piping. The below thread relates to this exhaust modification being done on a R36, however I think the engine/exhausts components are similar so noise gains would be similiar - I think the rear mufflers are the biggest difference between CC 3.6 vs. R36:

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/f27/r36-exhaust-suitcase-delete-review-71371.html

there are also plenty of youtube videos on people who have modified their exhausts - should be able to search for them easily.

cheers
simon

Gbranca1
22-05-2016, 03:20 PM
great, thanks for that, i just had a read through of the thread you posted and it sounds like a good idea. also as far as lowered springs, do you know of any recommended brands? the ones on ebay seem cheap enough but dont know if id trust them so much...

esskayy
23-05-2016, 01:18 AM
Eibach and H&R seem to be the most commonly used springs

Eibach springs generally have good feedback for the CC, but H&R seem to have issues with reverse rake, where the car leans backwards when lowered on their springs. This may be due to the fact that the H&R lowered springs aren't model specific to the CC but is shared between the Passat R36 and a Skoda model (can't remember exactly which), and due to weight/load differences between the compatible cars it springs cause the CC to lean back.

i've been looking into a particular brand called ST, they've been listed under KW's site as one of their companies. KW coilovers are expensive, especially with DCC control, so if they're producing bang for buck springs under a different brand I think it's worthwhile looking into. Oh, and their springs are model specific to just the CC - I think this is important, as it makes sure the R&D and testing has been done on the model specific vehicle

Gbranca1
23-05-2016, 01:22 AM
Thanks for the extensive reply.. Bit of a noob question if I was to go with the eibach springs would it be worthwhile getting the shocks as well or just use the standard. That being said if I use the standard springs would I lose life on the shocks because of the lower ride height??

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

rjt86
23-05-2016, 05:51 PM
Generally lowering springs do reduce the life of shocks. To give you a idea I've been running eibach's since 80k with the factory DCC shocks and now I'm at 178k, no issues with the shocks.

I'd be running them with the standard shocks unless you don't mind giving up DCC

Gbranca1
23-05-2016, 07:21 PM
Wow you got good life out of those, if you don't mind me asking where and how much did the eibach set you back??

rjt86
23-05-2016, 11:13 PM
I went to suspension city in Melbourne, $600 supplied and fitted. Drove in and just over a hour later it was done

Gbranca1
24-05-2016, 12:26 AM
Ahh nice that's not far from me as well.. I just saw on eBay that the springs are roughly $430 for a 25mm drop. How low do your springs sit??

rjt86
24-05-2016, 09:08 AM
Here's some pics, it's very dirty at the moment:

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/05/d488a5b8bce9838de939ae9220af9ed7-2.jpghttp://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/05/1f1f8076c3770e0c3b740b9fad91739d-2.jpghttp://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/05/0de33c69b1361865ea683b014e799a7d-2.jpg

Gbranca1
24-05-2016, 09:39 AM
oh nice that sits real well, do you happen to remember how much lower the springs were compared to the original???

rjt86
24-05-2016, 10:07 AM
Use to sit like this, big difference:
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/05/e964829332746586a56b753feaaa2b6b-2.jpg

Gbranca1
24-05-2016, 10:17 AM
Yeh massive distance.. How's the ride quality as compared from standard??

rjt86
24-05-2016, 10:29 AM
It was a slightly firmer when installed as to be expected. The spring rates are increased which will result in that.

The ride is firmer again now that I've installed whiteline sway bars and their activate grip package which is a bunch of poly bushes, but I'm use to it now

Gbranca1
24-05-2016, 11:17 AM
Oh I completely forgot about sway bars (something else for the list lol) is there much improvement over the standard handling??

esskayy
24-05-2016, 11:24 PM
hey rjt86 , your rims are really nice mate !
would you be able to share the specs ? size , offset etc .

rjt86
24-05-2016, 11:26 PM
Oh I completely forgot about sway bars (something else for the list lol) is there much improvement over the standard handling??

They definitely do help a fair bit but add to a little bit of stiffness to the ride, worth it in my opinion as I can chuck the car around corners at speed now while staying fairly flat

rjt86
24-05-2016, 11:28 PM
hey rjt86 , your rims are really nice mate !
would you be able to share the specs ? size , offset etc .

Hey mate, thanks for that.

Rims are 19x9 +30 all around, they are unfortunately discounted now, it's one of the few wheels out there with a large amount of concave.

esskayy
24-05-2016, 11:38 PM
Hey mate, thanks for that.

Rims are 19x9 +30 all around, they are unfortunately discounted now, it's one of the few wheels out there with a large amount of concave.

ahh fair enough - will need to find rims with lots of concave [emoji1303] with 19x9 , do you have many issues with scrubbing ? are you running much camber ?

rjt86
24-05-2016, 11:41 PM
No issues with scrubbing at all even after the eibach's and with it towing a jet ski on the back. Running 235/35/19 but might try 245/35/19 next

I'm running factory alignment specs, so no serious camber and no worn inside edges [emoji106]

Gbranca1
25-05-2016, 05:42 PM
Just picked up my cc today and couldn't be happier.. Got the tyres done rwc tomorrow. So far been a good day :)

Gbranca1
25-05-2016, 05:43 PM
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/05/bf5e0f31b002f647400dd92fd126844c-2.jpghttp://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/05/6b44fd85ce5af2f408b528bd6888c134-2.jpg

dvkent
25-05-2016, 08:06 PM
Hey guys. I've been enjoying reading thru these threads. I also have recently purchased a 2011 CC V6.
I have a couple of questions re the audio system. Firstly the radio volume goes up and down with the speed of the car (I assume this is to compensate for road noise?). While it is a clever idea I find it frickin annoying and I haven't found anything in the audio menus / settings to switch it off. Any ideas?
Secondly I cannot get an MP3 player to work. I have tried plugging into the 3.5mm jack in the console and also tried an Ipod connected to the Apple connector in the glovebox.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

rjt86
25-05-2016, 08:54 PM
Just picked up my cc today and couldn't be happier.. Got the tyres done rwc tomorrow. So far been a good day :)

Congrats! The car looks great

Have you decided what's first on the mod list?

Gbranca1
25-05-2016, 09:00 PM
Hey guys. I've been enjoying reading thru these threads. I also have recently purchased a 2011 CC V6.
I have a couple of questions re the audio system. Firstly the radio volume goes up and down with the speed of the car (I assume this is to compensate for road noise?). While it is a clever idea I find it frickin annoying and I haven't found anything in the audio menus / settings to switch it off. Any ideas?
Secondly I cannot get an MP3 player to work. I have tried plugging into the 3.5mm jack in the console and also tried an Ipod connected to the Apple connector in the glovebox.

Congrats on they buy, with my car I use a usb connected to the cable in the glove box and that seems to do the trick perfectly.. I'll check my stereo soon and see if I can find something for ya as far as the volume goes..

rjt86
25-05-2016, 09:02 PM

Congrats on the new purchase.

Speed dependant volume control can be adjusted. It's under the Tone menu. This is where mines set at, sounds like yours is on the max maybe...
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/05/774c9169c6638c766d60a6b828f97e03-2.jpg

When you tried to play audio via your MP3 player, did you select the media button on the headunit and then MDI when using the apple connector and Aux when using the 3.5mm jack in the centre console?

dvkent
25-05-2016, 09:16 PM
rjt86, looking at the photo of your media unit, mine is different. Mine doesn't have a tone button. Even when I look in the owners manual, none of the pictures or descriptions seem to match my unit.

dvkent
25-05-2016, 09:17 PM
How do I upload photos to this thread? I will put up a pic of my media player.

Gbranca1
Do you have a manual for the head unit?? What's the model no. Eg. Rns510, rns510

rjt86
You have a rcd510 then not a rns510 with gps, does yours have 3 buttons down each side?

If so look for the little music symbol icon very top right corner, that is the tone menu. It should be in the same spot as the star button in my photo

dvkent
25-05-2016, 09:25 PM
My book says RCD510, premium 8

dvkent
25-05-2016, 09:26 PM
4 buttons down each side

rjt86
25-05-2016, 09:27 PM
4 buttons down each side

Hmmm can you take a photo of it? It might be aftermarket

dvkent
25-05-2016, 09:29 PM
Yep, have photos, just not sure how to put them into a post on here.. http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/05/d06172b6a963f7e9e3e0c351c6beac4d-2.jpghttp://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/05/d51a6004c58aa931966b7802c9c3d84f-2.jpg

dvkent
25-05-2016, 09:29 PM
Phew, got pics up.

rjt86
25-05-2016, 09:31 PM
Yep, that's 100% aftermarket. No wonder our buttons don't match up lol

The previous owner must of wanted gps and possibly Bluetooth and swapped out the original RCD510 instead of keeping it original and going for a RNS510

Dosnt really matter if your happy with the unit, but it probably explains why the Aux and MDI don't work. Maybe they forgot to hook it up but more likely it's not compatible

Gbranca1
25-05-2016, 09:44 PM
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/05/201f60734a8dbc169b1be01f69f91767-2.jpg

This is my rcd510. the buttons are different, I agree that your unit might be an aftermarket replica

Gbranca1
26-05-2016, 01:41 AM
Congrats! The car looks great

Have you decided what's first on the mod list?
I'm thinking of between the springs and/or the suitcase delete to begin with. Hopefully in the next few weeks I'll get both done and then slowly go from there. Was also looking into an ecu tune (further down the line) just to help with the fuel efficiency...

rjt86
26-05-2016, 07:47 AM
Cool that's a good start, it would sound good with the exhaust mod.

If you wanted GPS also, the RCD is easily replaced with a RNS, pretty much plug and play and add a GPS receiver

Gbranca1
26-05-2016, 09:17 AM
Yeh I have already been looking into that, the swap is very straightforward including adding the gps receiver so will definitely go ahead on that when I find one cheap enough.. Lol they r fairly expensive at the moment.

rjt86
26-05-2016, 09:23 AM
I sold my old one to a mate for $600 after upgrading to a DAB+ unit.

Also may need to code it to suit your car with VCDS, don't forget to buy one with the pin code supplied

Gbranca1
26-05-2016, 09:40 AM
That's cheap I've seen them for around the 800-1000 dollar mark.

dvkent
26-05-2016, 09:07 PM
Yep, that's 100% aftermarket. No wonder our buttons don't match up lol

The previous owner must of wanted gps and possibly Bluetooth and swapped out the original RCD510 instead of keeping it original and going for a RNS510

Dosnt really matter if your happy with the unit, but it probably explains why the Aux and MDI don't work. Maybe they forgot to hook it up but more likely it's not compatible
Okay, thanks for clearing things up for me. Not so happy to find out it's an aftermarket unit, especially as I can't run an MP3 player. Even the Bluetooth doesn't work properly. I have only made 2 successful calls with it.

dvkent
26-05-2016, 09:12 PM
On a positive note, I was fiddling around scrolling through the audio menus and somehow, inadvertently have disabled the speed dependant volume!

dvkent
26-05-2016, 09:21 PM
And I should probably put up a pic of my new pride and joy http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/05/e35e82aa0c620a52a60107948e2623d4-2.jpg

Gbranca1
26-05-2016, 09:48 PM
Hey looks great.. Nice pic. Hope your loving it as much as I am. Such a pleasure to drive :)

Gbranca1
27-05-2016, 01:07 AM
On a positive note, I was fiddling around scrolling through the audio menus and somehow, inadvertently have disabled the speed dependant volume!

Was just looking at some headunits, the rcd510 (no sat nav) fetch for around the 250-350 mark while the rns510 (sat nav) sits around the 850+ range. Might be worth looking into if your head unit is giving you dramas

dvkent
27-05-2016, 05:48 AM
Cheers. Are those prices for new units or second hand?

dvkent
27-05-2016, 05:50 AM
Hey looks great.. Nice pic. Hope your loving it as much as I am. Such a pleasure to drive :)

Absolutely. Even with the dramas I'm having with the head unit, I still love this car. My wife thinks I'm smitten [emoji3]

Gbranca1
27-05-2016, 11:05 AM
Cheers. Are those prices for new units or second hand?

They were for second hand, brand new they are around the 1100 range

dvkent
27-05-2016, 11:23 AM
Okay, thanks heaps for your help.

rjt86
28-05-2016, 11:35 AM
Car looks great!

I sold my old RNS510 to my mate for $600, if you keep a look out should be able get something close.

However it's worth having a look at the back of that aftermarket unit, it's easy to remove, pull on the aluminium frame and remove the 4 torx screws holding it in. you should have aux in on the rear with RCA's, you should be able to get a dual rca to 3.5mm jack to plug into your MP3 player

I paid about $1300 for my DAB+ SSD LED RNS510 which is another option if you like digital radio

esskayy
31-05-2016, 11:46 AM
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/05/21a821ea93bc1b930d1aa20dff6abef4-2.jpg

look what came today :)

goin in next week , will post up some photos when they go in !

Gbranca1
31-05-2016, 04:21 PM
Nice... How low are you going?? Also anyone with lowered springs have any scrapping issues/ sensor problems??

esskayy
31-05-2016, 06:40 PM
Nice... How low are you going?? Also anyone with lowered springs have any scrapping issues/ sensor problems??

these should lower the car by 30mm f+r

they seem to be the lowest springs available from a reputable suspension company

rjt86
31-05-2016, 10:48 PM
Nice, you'll have to show us some pics when installed.

No real scraping issues except for certain steep slope drive ways mainly in the city area. I just angle the car up and down them

esskayy
31-05-2016, 11:20 PM
Nice, you'll have to show us some pics when installed.

No real scraping issues except for certain steep slope drive ways mainly in the city area. I just angle the car up and down them

no worries - il take a before and after to show a comparison [emoji1303]

i usually angle into driveways outta habit from having really low cars [emoji28] guess my habits will help prevent scrapage [emoji23] ive added one of those easy lip things (different brand , bit more durable) on the front bar too - think thatll give some protection to the underside of the bumper

esskayy
01-06-2016, 10:19 PM
guys , do you reckon 20x9 et29 is too aggressive for our cars ??

rjt86
02-06-2016, 07:37 AM
guys , do you reckon 20x9 et29 is too aggressive for our cars ??

I think you should be ok since I'm running a 19x9 et30 and I like the way it sits, but to avoid possible rubbing issues I'm running a 235/35/19 so the tyre is stretched.

You may need to give it a shot with a 235/30/20 and bump it up to a 245/30/20 if you don't like the stretched look and fingers crossed no rubbing with the 245

rjt86
02-06-2016, 07:53 AM
Guys if anyone's interested in the factory Interlagos V6 wheels, Dynaudio or a complete CC 2 tone Cream/Black interior I have those parts Incase you guys haven't seen this:

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/showpost.php?p=1186754

esskayy
02-06-2016, 11:42 PM
cheers ryan - got my new rims put on :) pic below . i think i may need lower profile tyres as the rears seem to scrub when i go over bumps ! imagine after i lower the car [emoji33]

think im gonna get some guard work done on the weekend ..

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/06/7a4b996aa0eb75fe77383109ea50b4b1-2.jpg

rjt86
03-06-2016, 12:01 AM
Nice man they look great! What profile did you end up going?

I think a 30 profile is what you may need to avoid the scrubbing

esskayy
03-06-2016, 12:06 AM
thanks yo :)

i bought the rims with tyres, theyre oem audi 20's that came with 245 35 20 =/ you think i should go a lower profile ?

rjt86
03-06-2016, 12:16 AM
I think that would do it. Comparing to my wheels which don't rub, you have 1mm of extra poke because of the offset but the profile increases the size a bit, also the 245 sits wider on the tyre then a 235 which is stretched. Check out this diagram, mine in orange yours green:

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/06/25a460b6a3049c51db145cfe12a2bab2-2.jpghttp://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/06/197de2e00da475fd8c0f3c69c61a35de-2.jpg

Online Wheel and Tyre Fitment Calculator. Offset, Tyre Stretch and Speedo Error | Will They Fit (http://www.willtheyfit.com/index.php?width=235&aspect=35&diameter=19&wheelwidth=9&offset=30&width2=245&aspect2=35&diameter2=20&wheelwidth2=9&offset2=29&Submit=Calculate#content)

esskayy
03-06-2016, 12:33 AM
dude thats wicked sick . cheers for the info

il do that for the rear 2 tyres ; theyre mismatching , and this is a perfect excuse to get them changed [emoji23] would 235 30 be ok for a 20' rim tho ? or would 235 35 be safer ?

rjt86
03-06-2016, 06:23 PM
No probs man.

Don't quote me on this- but with previous AWD cars of other makes I've had in the past they generally recommend the tyre size to be the same or within a certain acceptable range all around otherwise it could cause wear or damage to certain components of the AWD system.

This was the case with a Mitsubishi GTO I had, people do run a staggered setup but the circumference of the tyre and wheel has to be within a specific range or the centre differential/VCU dies.

I'm not sure if the VW Haldex system is picky with sizes in the same case however

I think you may have to go a 30 profile on the 20" wheels to get some extra clearance, let us know if it alters the bumpiness of the ride by much if you go down the path lol

esskayy
06-06-2016, 02:56 PM
car got lowered today ! got the tyres changed to 235 35 just before i got it lowered . thank god i did that + roll the guards on the weekend , because the rears scrub over bumps nonetheless ! driver rear guard has had some paint cracking on the rear lip :( s p ewwinnn .

on a side note tho - i am absolutely lovin the look ! rear fitment is TIGHT ! need some camber dialed in so that the guard doesnt keep scrubbing the tyre , but apparentally its hard to get to the camber adjustor on 4motion sedans .. anybody have recommendations for any specialists in sydney ?

pics below - il try do a before and after a bit later !

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/06/9e18d38c0444b647f9b7b7521268c882-2.jpg
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/06/da67779a0a2119453814f8993c664639-2.jpg

esskayy
06-06-2016, 07:39 PM
before and after

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/06/b96b5df74ffa7c680040194e9e2222e8-2.jpg

fluckaduck
06-06-2016, 08:52 PM
That looks fantastic. Need to install my H&R springs after getting them nearly a year ago.

Gbranca1
06-06-2016, 09:00 PM
Quick question... I'm contemplating getting lowered springs but atm im loving the clearance I have over the concrete blocks in car parks. For those cc owners with lowered cars will the sensors pick up the blocks so you don't scrape or do they just miss them??

Gbranca1
06-06-2016, 09:01 PM
before and after

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/06/b96b5df74ffa7c680040194e9e2222e8-2.jpg

Looks awsome and very very tight in the rear lol

rjt86
08-06-2016, 09:13 PM
Looks great buddy, a fair bit lower then the eibach's I have. What's the ride like?

esskayy
09-06-2016, 01:24 PM
thanks ryan :) yeh , they're a 30mm drop f+r so 5mm lower than the eibachs !

surprisingly drives reallly confortably .. scrubs a bit at the back but im running -3 camber so that helps heaps . spring rate is quite firm too , i put the dcc on sport and it drives extremely well

do you know if the front caster is adjustable ? wheel alignment place i went to said thats the one thing they couldnt adjust ..

esskayy
09-06-2016, 04:04 PM
Quick question... I'm contemplating getting lowered springs but atm im loving the clearance I have over the concrete blocks in car parks. For those cc owners with lowered cars will the sensors pick up the blocks so you don't scrape or do they just miss them??

hey gbranca

i dont have any issues with parking sensors , everything seems to work just as well !

rjt86
10-06-2016, 09:25 AM
Awesome stuff mate, 20's look good on the cc also.

Not sure about the front caster, I just take it to this one place near me which is the only place I know of that knows what they are doing with wheel alignments. Drive in and drive out and it's all good lol

esskayy
11-06-2016, 01:39 PM
ahh spewin im in sydney ! all good , it drives well so im happy .

put some 5mm spacers on the front too .. offset on the rims is +29 , + the 5mm spacers .. so +24 ? LOL http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/06/5cb82409b9e5845151eed42f6d519d93-2.jpghttp://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/06/ec00de6810273f914d508259ce98fbbd-2.jpg

rjt86
11-06-2016, 08:29 PM
Wow crazy offset lol, most would say it's not possible but there you go

Any more rubbing?

maverick_sr71
14-06-2016, 12:21 AM
Hi all, would like to know if there is an LED replacement to the rear lights on a 2012 CC? I've had no luck.

Thanks.

rjt86
14-06-2016, 09:46 PM
Hi all, would like to know if there is an LED replacement to the rear lights on a 2012 CC? I've had no luck.

Thanks.

Have not seen one, have some of your led's died?

I think VW's thinking would be to replace the whole light

dvkent
14-06-2016, 10:12 PM
before and after

That looks real good!

Gbranca1
18-06-2016, 03:08 AM
Got my car serviced today :) so that's something new.. Quick question for those with the 4motion cc, when do you service the haldex?? My service manual shows it hasn't been done before and the vw specialist I took my car to said I can wait till my next major (120,000kms service, currently at 88,000kms) I'm a little bit concerned and thinking I should get it done sooner, thoughts anyone??

3C4M Guy
21-06-2016, 10:39 PM
Got my car serviced today :) so that's something new.. Quick question for those with the 4motion cc, when do you service the haldex?? My service manual shows it hasn't been done before and the vw specialist I took my car to said I can wait till my next major (120,000kms service, currently at 88,000kms) I'm a little bit concerned and thinking I should get it done sooner, thoughts anyone??

My understanding is both the Haldex and the DSG should have an oil change (and filter if applicable) every 60,000 km. So if the Haldex was missed at 60,000 km, I'd be doing it now rather than waiting another 32,000 km.

Gbranca1
23-06-2016, 05:44 AM
Yeh they are my thoughts as well. According to the service manual it is suppose to be serviced every 3 years or equivalent kilometres so I'm booking it in today. Not gonna risk it. Appreciate the feedback :)

rjt86
23-06-2016, 12:47 PM
What's the quotes run at for a full Haldex service? I'm presuming its just the transfer case and rear diff that's extra to the FWD cars

Gbranca1
27-06-2016, 04:25 PM
I'll be getting a bunch of quotes tomorow as well as calling vw n blasting them for not doing the service when they were suppose to. It's really got me stumped I thought they are not allowed to stamp the books if the service wasn't completed to their specifications. (the car was always serviced at vw) which is the funny thing..

seanmau5
24-07-2016, 10:46 PM
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/05/21a821ea93bc1b930d1aa20dff6abef4-1.jpg

look what came today :)

goin in next week , will post up some photos when they go in !

Hey mate. Where did you source the springs from? I'm wanting to buy some this week.