PDA

View Full Version : Wind buffeting with rear window open

cox11
15-05-2014, 01:51 PM
Both my wife and I have experienced a painful resonating shudder noise when we drive our new gti and have the rear driver side window down.

Anyone else experience this?

Eaglehawk
15-05-2014, 02:22 PM
If you're talking about the wind buffering, then yes, it's been a Golf feature since I had my Mk5...

GeckoZAO
15-05-2014, 02:46 PM
was at dealer yesterday for the EPB recall.
also mentioned them about the wind noise from the driver side.
they adjusted a bit and a lot better now.
alternatively you can try youtube 'how to fix car door leak'...

VW Convert
15-05-2014, 02:52 PM
If you're talking about the wind buffering, then yes, it's been a Golf feature since I had my Mk5...

I've expereineced this in many cars over the years when driving with a rear window open and fronts shut. Easy solution, just crack one of the front windows open a little, evens up the air pressure and problem is gone.

Cheers

George

ZMan
15-05-2014, 07:35 PM
Both my wife and I have experienced a painful resonating shudder noise when we drive our new gti and have the rear driver side window down.

Anyone else experience this?

Pretty sure this is pretty common in most cars. Happens in our accord when one of the rear windows get opened. Just open the other rear window slightly to balance it out.

Brycem
15-05-2014, 10:45 PM
was at dealer yesterday for the EPB recall.
also mentioned them about the wind noise from the driver side.
they adjusted a bit and a lot better now.
alternatively you can try youtube 'how to fix car door leak'...

Where was the wind noise coming from on driver's side as mine seems a bit noisier than my mark 6? And do you know exactly what they adjusted?

vdubmotorworx
16-05-2014, 07:54 AM
Thats just the air buffering....most cars do it

cox11
19-05-2014, 06:48 AM
Yesterday I tried breaking the seal on the rear passenger window while the drivers side was open. Much better.

Umai Naa!!
19-05-2014, 11:58 AM
Ah yes, the old Kerfuffle Effect.

As others have said, cracking open another window can usually settle it down.

Wezza
19-05-2014, 09:16 PM
This feature comes as standard on most cars. :rolleyes:

GeckoZAO
21-05-2014, 11:41 PM
Where was the wind noise coming from on driver's side as mine seems a bit noisier than my mark 6? And do you know exactly what they adjusted?

something like this maybe? =P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdsdV21C4TY

NCGR1
08-09-2014, 07:10 AM

Actually all vehicles do that. Nothing different about the Golf.