PDA

View Full Version : Side mirror turn signal repeater brightness

Brendan_A
14-05-2014, 08:51 AM
Anyone else notice how dull these side mirror repeaters are?

I was driving in front of my wife who was in the GTI the other day pulled up at an intersection to turn and I couldn't notice the mirror repeaters on. I had to check to see if they worked when we got to our destination, they work but very dull and almost useless.

My Jetta and old mk6 were brighter!

anduril
14-05-2014, 11:30 AM
I noticed the same thing when my gf was driving the R behind me. Looking at it from my rear view mirror it looks very, very dull. Not sure if the brightness is further nullified by the chrome mirror caps..

wasabiz
14-05-2014, 01:31 PM
The brightness can be changed through VCDS. Change the brightness to 100 (maybe). I noticed that you can change the intensity if the brake lights at the back when I was playing around with it. So I'm guessing you could do the same for the turn signal as it is LED?

b c
15-05-2014, 10:36 AM
Which direction are the repeaters focused? Are they intended for people viewing the car from the side, rather than the front?

NCGR1
11-09-2014, 04:35 AM
Which direction are the repeaters focused? Are they intended for people viewing the car from the side, rather than the front?

The mirror lights are only for the vehicle beside you, not behind or in front. Recall that as recently as ten years ago they were flush to the side of the vehicle on the front fender behind the front wheel.

DV52
11-09-2014, 08:40 AM
The brightness can be changed through VCDS. Change the brightness to 100 (maybe). I noticed that you can change the intensity if the brake lights at the back when I was playing around with it. So I'm guessing you could do the same for the turn signal as it is LED?

Wasabiz: I've had a look at the adaptation channels for altering light intensity on various lamps an the car and it's quite an easy thing to do.

Just a word of caution though. I've read in a thread on vortex that turning up the intensity too high on some lamps may have the unintended consequence of charing the plastic housing around the lamp (and the lamp holder). I'm not saying don't do it, I'm just suggesting that this aspect of the tweak should be considered.

wasabiz
11-09-2014, 10:28 AM
Wasabiz: I've had a look at the adaptation channels for altering light intensity on various lamps an the car and it's quite an easy thing to do.

Just a word of caution though. I've read in a thread on vortex that turning up the intensity too high on some lamps may have the unintended consequence of charing the plastic housing around the lamp (and the lamp holder). I'm not saying don't do it, I'm just suggesting that this aspect of the tweak should be considered.

Oh wow, I didn't know that, but I'm just wondering if it will char the plastic if it's just the brake lights that's changed. Because you don't really press on it that long from time to time. Unless you're in a traffic jam.