PDA

View Full Version : Paint pealing - Covered by warranty?

nutrition_nut
06-05-2014, 04:13 PM
Hi guys,

I've noticed a small area (just a little over the size of a 50c piece) of paint cracking and pealing above the rear passenger door of my up. Given the car is just over a year old, I was wondering if anyone knew if this would be covered by warranty?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

The_Hawk
06-05-2014, 04:19 PM
Probably... That shouldn't happen and as long as there isn't anything attributed to you it sounds like something is failing where it shouldn't.

Polo GTEye N9
06-05-2014, 07:09 PM
As long as Batpoo or other surface contaminant has not caused it, advise your dealer and ask for their assistance to repair it.

nutrition_nut
07-05-2014, 12:57 AM
As far as I'm aware it isn't due to anything of the sort.

I purchased the vehicle in Melbourne privately and am located in Brisbane. Can I take the vehicle to any Volkswagen dealership?

Sharkie
15-05-2014, 09:39 AM
As far as I'm aware it isn't due to anything of the sort.

I purchased the vehicle in Melbourne privately and am located in Brisbane. Can I take the vehicle to any Volkswagen dealership?

Sure can mate, show up at your nearest dealer and talk to the service manager. Register your details as owner and then show him the damage. Paint is under warranty unless exceptions mentioned above applies, so they must fix it.

Tom87
15-05-2014, 09:53 AM
Vehicle may have been repaired in the past. In which case you should contact the previous owner and find out how it was repaired and see if there's any warranty on the repair (like if it was an insurance job).

nutrition_nut
15-05-2014, 10:11 AM
Thanks guys.

The car hasn't had any previous accidents/damage.