PDA

View Full Version : Q: What does sport mode do? A: Makes the SoundAktor louder. :-/

sucnip
28-04-2014, 02:02 PM
Try holding second or third while going up a hill. Toggle between normal and sport mode on the DCC. Listen to the SoundAktor turn on and off. Seriously? Is that the only difference?!

readerr0r
28-04-2014, 02:36 PM
Try holding second or third while going up a hill. Toggle between normal and sport mode on the DCC. Listen to the SoundAktor turn on and off. Seriously? Is that the only difference?!

The throttle should be more sensitive and the steering heavier

team_v
28-04-2014, 02:37 PM

I am lead to believe it tightens the steering, and stiffens the suspension via dampers.
Adaptive Chassis Control (DCC) : Volkswagen UK (http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/technology/glossary/adaptive-chassis-control-dcc)

I would hazard a guess that the audi mag suspension system is a much better alternative.

drad81
28-04-2014, 02:47 PM
What car?

I notice a difference in gear changes in my Golf R and how responsive the accelerator is. It doesn't make a difference to steering (my ACC button does that) but it does open the exhaust valve in the rear muffler to make it louder.

team_v
28-04-2014, 02:53 PM
What car?

I notice a difference in gear changes in my Golf R and how responsive the accelerator is. It doesn't make a difference to steering (my ACC button does that) but it does open the exhaust valve in the rear muffler to make it louder.

Are you talking about sports mode on the DSG or sports mode on the Adaptive Chasis Control (DCC)?

drad81
28-04-2014, 04:06 PM
Both, but MK6.

team_v
28-04-2014, 06:34 PM
Both, but MK6.

The ACC should tighten steering and stiffen the dampers.

Sports mode on the DSg should allow longer time held in gear and apparently increase throttle response.