PDA

View Full Version : VWwA or VWW

phaeton
24-10-2007, 08:20 PM
I guess I'm the only VWwA advocate here lol j: (Go Aussie Go)

Anyway just a harmless poll to see what you the users think should be our intials.

phaeton
24-10-2007, 08:23 PM
Damn you G moving this thread lol j:

gpk_gti
24-10-2007, 08:23 PM
as we are growing so fast,we should be ready to be more international friendly!!!

:D

just my opinion!

VWw'rs rock !!!:D

phaeton
24-10-2007, 08:24 PM
as we are growing so fast,we should be ready to be more international friendly!!!

:D

just my opinion!

VWw'rs rock !!!:D

We not a vortex wannabe though G :D

We're Australian and I'm proud of it :)

gpk_gti
24-10-2007, 08:26 PM
no we are not.... and we will never be tex because we are VWwatercooled !!! the Aussie part is on the end of our address which even I would not want to ditch.....

www.vwwatercooled.org.au

ScienceVR6
24-10-2007, 08:37 PM
I tend to call call us VWWC (volk wagen water cooled)

If i need to use either one of the specified, it'll be VWW

Golfer
24-10-2007, 08:41 PM
TBH, I love our Australian identity, but that is defined by our members, our location, and our pre-established place in the international watercooled scene. As far as I'm concerned we will always be VWW... :D

Soundofav6
24-10-2007, 09:37 PM
For me I personally like the "VWwA"

Why ?

1. Visually it is attrative, a "wave" kind of effect with upper lower case. If you know what I mean.
2. the "VW" in VWwA is distintive. VOLKSWAGEN with pride.
3. "w" for watercooled is not so important comparatively to VW, so therefore lower case, surely aircooled/watercooled we are still the same family.
4. "A" for Australia should be in capital and included, Give the forum idendity among the rest of the world.

THEREFORE is my choice. VWwA :)

ScienceVR6
24-10-2007, 09:44 PM

Why ?

1. Visually it is attrative, a "wave" kind of effect with upper lower case. If you know what I mean.
3. "w" for watercooled is not so important comparatively to VW, so therefore lower case, surely aircooled/watercooled we are still the same family.
4. "A" for Australia should be in capital and included, Give the forum idendity among the rest of the world.

But then i would have to type like this

*Shift + V, Shift + W, w again without shift, Then Shift + A*
all too hard.

99gti
24-10-2007, 10:02 PM
I'm one of the most proud Aussies here having been sent here originally as convicts. My family has a lot of ties to Aus in both it's heritage and even where we are now. I think this site and it members are quite clearly aussie and proud, bit i tend to agree with G on this.

We want to welcome and embrace the international community - no matter what their origins be it from the tex or even to some of our newly acquired members from Newport Ed (G'day velly). This warmness is what makes us who we are and I welcome the international influences we are receiving. We've have had recent members join us from the UK, the Philippines, South Africa and the USA all within recent months and they are all aware we are an Aussie bunch and this has only added to our charisma. But in saying that, albeit we have been founded by aussies for aussies primarily, I don't think we should limit our selfs to that.

In addition to the above - I have just indulged in a great drop of wine and am probably waving my flag a mile high. Maybe I best take myself to bed...

Night all... (trying to find a drunken smiley to no avail)

Soundofav6
24-10-2007, 10:05 PM
But then i would have to type like this

*Shift + V, Shift + W, w again without shift, Then Shift + A*
all too hard.

:idea: perhaps loby admin to do this.
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2007/10/Untitled1-1.jpg

So just we can cut and paste.

ScienceVR6
24-10-2007, 10:08 PM

So just we can cut and paste.Thats An awsome idea!!! Do IT!!
ADMIN!!!!!

Sleepy
24-10-2007, 10:22 PM

So just we can cut and paste.

X 3 That would be great...We are already very different to 99% of other VW/Audi forums and would be great to have that...set us aside from the rest!!!!!!!!! :D

Obviously a fan of VWwA....

If you are really lazy you can jst press CAPS LOCK for the VW and A and hold shift down for the second W j:

BL33SU
24-10-2007, 10:24 PM
i like VWW

quicker for me to type lol :???:

Soundofav6
24-10-2007, 10:31 PM
i like VWW

quicker for me to type lol :???:

Umm..
VWW is shift + V + W +W = 4 buttons
VWwA is highlight + copy + paste = 3 buttons

j: But you still win .. more smooth.

The_Hawk
24-10-2007, 10:46 PM
I have gone for VWWA, but VWW is also fine.

VW Convert
24-10-2007, 10:48 PM
We're Australian and I'm proud of it :)

Why ?

Agree with both of you.

Cheers

George

rayray086
24-10-2007, 11:10 PM
I voted for VWW as that's how I came to know this place. To be honest I'll always refer to it as being "VW Watercooled" but I'm a proud Australian and all for having our nationality at the end of it.

Golfer
25-10-2007, 04:15 PM
Now, I have to point something out to you all... It has been said before, but VWW is a simple abbreviation for VWW.org.au (or more commonly www.VWWatercooled.org.au (http://www.VWWatercooled.org.au)) notice the ".au" on the end...???

Surely that's gotta be patriotic? After all, our site is not actually called www.VWwatercooledAustralia.org.au (http://www.VWwatercooledAustralia.org.au) so the "A" is misrepresentative. If there was a VWwUK, VWwUSA, VWwDE, then we would need the A to establish our identity. But this is not a franchise, it is an entirely unique site, with an entirely unique identity. We all seem to have overlooked that VWW is known worldwide for being Australia's #1 watercooled dub site, and that's not because people refer to us with an "A", it's because this site is filled with 2000 proud, patriotic Australians, who have learnt about euro tuning the hard way, living on an island on the other side of the world from the parts rich UK, the plentiful US tuning scene, or the VW insanity that is Germany. Be proud to be a member of VWW, because that goes hand-in-hand with being Aussie.

But hey, if that's not enough for you, here's another incredibly valid point. We are all debating about how difficult it is to type VWwA, but what about the pronunciation? We don't want people to think we're ALL Queenslanders... "I'm a member of Vee Dubya Dubya, Aye"

Ah come on, all the Queenslanders here will get it, Aye...

J:rolleyes:HN

99gti
25-10-2007, 04:20 PM
We are all debating about how difficult it is to type VWwA, but what about the pronunciation? We don't want people to think we're ALL Queenslanders... "I'm a member of Vee Dubya Dubya, Aye"

Ah come on, all the Queenslanders here will get it, Aye...

J:rolleyes:HN

I think the fact we are debating how hard it's to type VWwA is what makes us truely and uniquely Australian. No one else abreviates things more than we do.....aye!

Btw, I think 2 pages discussing the letter A is an amazing feat! I can't wait untill we get to W in 26 years time!!! We all have way too much time on our hands clearly! j:

Golfer
25-10-2007, 04:49 PM
We all have way too much time on our hands clearly! j:

Too true Neil. Hate to make you all jealous, but I have just started my 3 day weekend. So I have plenty of time at the moment :D

DubSteve
25-10-2007, 05:05 PM
I tend to call call us VWWC (volk wagen water cooled)

If i need to use either one of the specified, it'll be VWW

Clearly you can't spell the name of the car that you drive, Volkswagen ;)

Tim
25-10-2007, 05:31 PM
the sticker on the back of my car says VWWatercooled.org.au. So i think its already been decided.

phaeton
25-10-2007, 06:17 PM
LOL so happy I started this thread j:

To throw something else in the argument :D

vwwatercooled.org.au

Debate away ;)

rayray086
25-10-2007, 07:27 PM
Now that would be VWWa rather than VWwA ;)

phaeton
25-10-2007, 07:28 PM
Now that would be VWWa rather than VWwA ;)

True :D

ten letters

VW Convert
25-10-2007, 09:04 PM
LOL so happy I started this thread j:

To throw something else in the argument :D

vwwatercooled.org.au

Debate away ;)

Troublemaker! LOL j:

Cheers

George

gpk_gti
25-10-2007, 09:06 PM
Troublemaker! LOL j:

Cheers

George

x2 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gpk_gti
25-10-2007, 09:22 PM
who is winning ben?????j:

rayray086
26-10-2007, 09:02 AM
Haha more than twice the votes...

But really, I think both can be used. VWW can be used when we're just talking to each other, whereas VWwA can be used when we're referring to this forum when on international forums like the Vortex or VWFixx

BlackVr6ix
26-10-2007, 09:19 AM
I always say VWW because i figured that the .au in the domain was enough for people to realise that we are an aussie based forum.

But I'm happy either way VWW or VWWA its much of a muchness to me :)

**Edit**

Who voted neither and what is your reasoning?

**Edit v2.0**

Because Neil has basically called me a girl, im sticking with VWW hahaha

99gti
26-10-2007, 09:20 AM
But I'm happy either way VWW or VWWA its much of a muchness to me :)

Fence sitter - aka Marcia Hines!!! j: