PDA

View Full Version : Yeti NO POWER

ploz58
16-04-2014, 08:15 PM
Well it has heaps of go, but i thought the heading would get the pulses racing.

Today we have lots of plug in things, GPS , phones etc and frankly the Yeti is lacking in sockets.
the one mid mounted on the centre console is good but limiting.

I was wondering if anyone had come up with a tidy solution other than running cables to a multi socket thingo and just letting it sit in the space in front of the gear stick.

anyone run power up into the dash upper box?

Just curious

Phil

BJ75
17-04-2014, 10:09 AM
GPS , phones etc
I guess with most smartphones containing GPS & Map functionality perhaps more people just need the one thing to plug in?

bluey
22-04-2014, 08:28 AM
We don't really need to plug in more than a GPS and phone at most.

So got a few of these car double USB adapters from Amazon for US$8.50. Work fine. (Had read about some of these type of gadgets having trouble with Apple hardware, so chose this because I trust Motorola to get it right for the price.) Locally available products are $30 plus each. I think the TomTom double power adapter was the best but ugly.
Amazon.com: Motorola P617 Rapid Dual USB Car Charger with Micro USB Data Cable - Bulk Packaging - Black: Cell Phones & Accessories (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005LFXBLE/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i02?ie=UTF8&psc=1)

Many moons ago, I fitted a 2-pin din socket inside a glovebox to connect to an emergency spotlight/flasher. So have a 2 pin din plug/socket inline on the spotlight cable, but that only works for 12V cabled devices.

For all the modern USB-charging devices, I suppose one could fit a powered USB hub, but would have to check the specifications of the power draw per device. Usually they may at 500mA, which isn't enough for a device charger unless your can live with trickle charge.