PDA

View Full Version : Need Advice!!!

sjoeha
03-04-2014, 10:15 AM
Hello I am newbie of VW forum.

I just bought 2013 plate Jetta 118tsi comfortline 1km 2 weeks ago.

When I done drive thru touchless car wash, I found clear coating peeling off.

I took the dealership and they told me going to repaint full body.

This morning I've been dealership to pick up car, I found few rise of clear coat from side door.

I was so disappointed and ask repaint again, but my work colleague told me I should ask replacement to new car or compensation.

Do you guys have any idea about this?

This is my first car ever so I am very confuse and nervous.

Thank you for read

DoggiesUtd
03-04-2014, 11:27 AM
not much you can do except...NEVER GO TO AN AUTOMATED CAR WASH...
what in the world were you thinking

h100vw
03-04-2014, 11:33 AM
not much you can do except...NEVER GO TO AN AUTOMATED CAR WASH...
what in the world were you thinking

The car wash never caused the lacquer to peel off. VW wouldn't be painting cars for that now would they??

If you aren't happy with the job they have done go back and do n't leave it until tomorrow. Chances of another car are practically nil.
Gavin

brad
03-04-2014, 11:49 AM
Suggest you contact VW Customer Care straight away & tell them you aren't happy that your car has to be repainted as it makes it look like it's been in an accident. Also, ask them if VW AU have a warranty claim for the paint as it might be that the dealer has already done paint work which is why they readily offered a respray. Car wash or not, the clear coat shouldn't be pealing at this early stage.

Suggest you have a read of the ACCC website to get an understanding of what your rights are. Australia doesn't have lemon laws so while getting a replacement car or refund isn't unheard of, it's quite hard to achieve.

DoggiesUtd
03-04-2014, 12:48 PM
I doubt they would repaint the body for free either...something from this story is a miss

sjoeha
03-04-2014, 01:53 PM
Thank you for advice guys.
They've done first repaint the car for free because paint is under warranty. Sorry that I miss some story.
However after first repaint done, I found some clear coat bubble on the door side, and they going to be repaint the whole car again.

I was disappoint about this repaint twice in a week? I am planing to contact Volkswagen customer centre and figure out what they could help me. I'm sick of talk with dealer.. ;-(