PDA

View Full Version : 2014 Golf R Multi Port Injection and Electronic coolant control system

Benz
29-03-2014, 02:44 PM
The question of MPI (Dual Injection) and electronic coolant control for the Australian Golf R may well have been discussed on here but can't find any reference. So thought I would ask does anybody know for sure if we will get these technologies here or have VWA deleted them as is rumoured will happen in the US.
Hopefully someone can confirm we will get the Euro version motor which includes both.

AdamD
30-03-2014, 11:32 AM
The latest-generation EA888 that will be fitted to the Golf R in Australia (and is fitted to the GTI and Audi S3) certainly does have the direct and indirect fuel injection system fitted.

I'm not aware of anything specifically on the electronic coolant control.

Benz
30-03-2014, 02:45 PM
Thanks Adam. Both technologies are mentioned in the link attached http://www.netcarshow.com/volkswagen/2014-golf_r/
under the heading - Efficient Thermal Management.
I emailed VW Australia today to get confirmation and or their comments.
Hopefully they will respond! Will let you know what they say.

nat225
30-03-2014, 07:15 PM
Good to know that the mk7 R / GTI wii have port injection.

About time VAG does something to design a preventative function for the famous carbon build up!

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk

Snail Style
31-03-2014, 06:01 AM
Thermal management, I would be assuming this system is just the same as used in previous models. Whereby the head and block have 2 separate thermostats to maintain different temperatures between them.

Benz
18-04-2014, 09:42 AM
Finally got a response from VWA. As promised here it is.

We can confirm the Golf R engine for the Australian market does have the same injection system (direct injection and multi-port injection) as well as the innovative thermal management cooling system. There is a difference in power output between our market and Europe. Our vehicle has 206 kW and Europe has 221 kW due to our hot climate.

Thanks Adam. Both technologies are mentioned in the link attached http://www.netcarshow.com/volkswagen/2014-golf_r/
under the heading - Efficient Thermal Management.
I emailed VW Australia today to get confirmation and or their comments.
Hopefully they will respond! Will let you know what they say.