PDA

View Full Version : Does "Q Branch" work for VW? Mk7's secret weapon!

DV52
27-03-2014, 04:24 PM
I was trolling through the new VCDS software on my mkVII and I found the screen below on the Passenger Door controller.

At first glance it would appear that the mkVII and the famous Aston Martin (DB5) that 007 drove have a lot in common. Now don't get me wrong, I reckon that having an ejector seat on the passenger side of the car would be mighty handy (sometimes). But, before I enable bit 0 (circled), can anyone tell me what the facility does?

greg32
27-03-2014, 05:16 PM
You need to be careful as you need the auto roof deployment fitted or the passenger will be thrusted into the roof leaving a big dent from their head being forced upwards when the seat is deployed with extreme force.

zardoz
27-03-2014, 06:32 PM
Does this feature require the fitment of the panoramic sunroof?

Paul_R
27-03-2014, 06:39 PM
And I thought Germans weren't supposed to have sense of humour. Either someone put that in for a laugh or they used one of those bad Chinese interpreters who do the electronics manuals.

DV52
27-03-2014, 11:09 PM
And I thought Germans weren't supposed to have sense of humour. Either someone put that in for a laugh or they used one of those bad Chinese interpreters who do the electronics manuals.

Paul_R: When I think of VW's Head Office in Germany, a sense of humor is the first thing that comes to mind (not)! Nevertheless, the screen short is real and I have absolutely no idea what it's for.

You need to be careful as you need the auto roof deployment fitted or the passenger will be thrusted into the roof leaving a big dent from their head being forced upwards when the seat is deployed with extreme force.

Greg32: I reckon a blow to the head from the inside of the car roof might be better than falling onto the hard road surface from a great height!

On further reseach, there seems to be a lot more hidden (Bond-like) treasures in the Golf series cars. Got the following pic from a guy (unpimpzauto) on a mk6 UK forum. Probably not a standard VW part-I would think!

wys
27-03-2014, 11:42 PM
I laughed my head off...this post just made my day! If you ever enable it please let us know what happens!
and I do agree - this function can be extremely handy at times... ; )

tigger73
28-03-2014, 06:34 AM
I was trolling through the new VCDS software on my mkVII and I found the screen below on the Passenger Door controller.

At first glance it would appear that the mkVII and the famous Aston Martin (DB5) that 007 drove have a lot in common. Now don't get me wrong, I reckon that having an ejector seat on the passenger side of the car would be mighty handy (sometimes). But, before I enable bit 0 (circled), can anyone tell me what the facility does?

This is not the Germans. It's the software developers at Ross-Tech having a laugh... and forgetting that they had left that bit of code in there before they released the product.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DV52
28-03-2014, 09:35 AM
This is not the Germans. It's the software developers at Ross-Tech having a laugh... and forgetting that they had left that bit of code in there before they released the product.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tigger73: OK -a sense of humor from the development team at RossTech is a lot more plausible. The code-cutters that I know are universally a zany, whacky lot at heart.
In Mr Ross's defense, I was using the latest Beta SW version when I got the screen. Perhaps the screen will be gone when the permanent version is eventually released (but secretly I hope that it remains - as a testiment to the little bit of iconaclast in us all).

VW Convert
28-03-2014, 11:03 AM
Clearly a feature designed for my EOS to be used when SWMBO gives me grief! :P

Cheers

George

Eaglehawk
28-03-2014, 12:02 PM
You'd better hope they did the left/right hand conversion of the capability correctly :)

VW Convert
28-03-2014, 12:21 PM
You'd better hope they did the left/right hand conversion of the capability correctly :)

Could have some unintended consequences if not! LOL

Cheers

George

Max
28-03-2014, 02:31 PM
Lol. Can that option be retrofitted?