PDA

View Full Version : The official MKIV appreciation thread

mikinoz
17-05-2006, 06:45 PM
I like MKIV's and want to tell the world...

Where are all of you MKIV boys, I don't want to have to hang out here on my own! ;)

Raise your fists, and post, post, post!

This is why I appreciate MKIV's

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/

gtimk5
17-05-2006, 07:19 PM
I loved my Mk4 once I had spruced up the suspension. Great model Mick, especially when clean & on good tyres. Tou are right tho, Is there any Mk4 owners on this forum??? 8)

imported_brackie
17-05-2006, 07:58 PM
I've put heaps of flyers on Mk4 windscreens (did one today) and we rarely see an owner registering on the forum. I reckon not many of them are enthusiasts like us and also being fairly new they have few problems to discuss.

C'mon you guys...Contact me for flyers and get them out there!

Tim
17-05-2006, 08:01 PM
cept for the odd hotted up GTI they all seem to be hot blonde chicks behind the wheel. This forum needs more hot blonde chicks! :twisted:

TassieGTi
17-05-2006, 08:02 PM
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2006/05/blackgolf-1.jpg
Here is my old bus ready for a sprint at Symmons :D

mikinoz
17-05-2006, 08:12 PM
they all seem to be hot blonde chicks behind the wheel. This forum needs more hot blonde chicks! :twisted:

That would be my partner Fiona! :P

However she refuses to participate in car forums, like most self respecting women, as they cop heaps too much hassle... :thumbdown:

What model Tassie? Look how miniscule your calipers look! :D esp. the rear....

TassieGTi
17-05-2006, 08:45 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: The 18inch TSWs were always good for showing off the massive front and rear calipers :D They did the job though :wink:

It was a 99 GTi.....now owned by a nice young couple in Lindisfarne!

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2006/05/untitled-1.jpg
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2006/05/untitled3-1.jpg

Golfwise
17-05-2006, 10:22 PM
Good on Tassiegti he just about started the mk4 trend down here.
He set the standard and lots followed :D
Not many kids can lay claim to buying their own new GTI at 22 years of age.

mikinoz
18-05-2006, 05:50 PM

But are only 2 MKIV owners that are involved with forums ATM, I cannot see any trend in Hobart at all! :shock:

Maybe it is different in Launceston?

Golfwise
18-05-2006, 10:13 PM
they all seem to be hot blonde chicks behind the wheel. This forum needs more hot blonde chicks! :twisted:

That would be my partner Fiona! :P

However she refuses to participate in car forums, like most self respecting women, as they cop heaps too much hassle... :thumbdown:

What model Tassie? Look how miniscule your calipers look! :D esp. the rear....
er GTI and calipers and discs about twice the size of a 1.6

Golfwise
18-05-2006, 10:16 PM

But are only 2 MKIV owners that are involved with forums ATM, I cannot see any trend in Hobart at all! :shock:

Maybe it is different in Launceston?

Most trendies would show no interest in a VW forum.
They have already traded in their mk4s on new BMWs
After all mk4s came out 8 years ago. :roll:

vinderliker
19-05-2006, 02:47 PM
There is a Mk IV GTi for sale here at a dealer in Canberra wants around 26k for it, have read some dispariging? motoring journalists remarks on the model (this months Motor) as being bland. What do you guys feel? (although you may be biased). I suppose with some APR or Ottetinger or Pete the VW magician work could turn it into a real beastie?

worm
19-05-2006, 04:40 PM
There a very classy car IMO.... slow.... but refined..... maybe not deserving of the gti badge, but a great car. 26K is a little pricey... carsales has them for a little over 20.. and some have awsome mods!

vinderliker
19-05-2006, 04:58 PM
Cool, I'll check them out. I think it was 26k but my memory is shocking.

Golfwise
19-05-2006, 10:36 PM
You get a lot of car in a mk4 of any model well comparable to their German cousins BMW and Mercedes and they are twice the price and not as good.

Go and inspect a mk4 closely and you should see how good they really are :cry:

vinderliker
19-05-2006, 10:59 PM
I was only enquiring because of my own naivety in regard to the mark in question and what I have read. Only being new to the VW scene, and not being as knowledgeable on the cars as most, if not all of the folks on the forum, it will probably seem that I will ask some "dumb" questions. But as I have found out so far In my life if I don't ask questions or do some research I don't find what I want to know. So please excuse my ignorance on the subject. However I believe in free speech and will continue to ask questions of those who have the wisdom of the various subjects in this forum. So far I have found the VW community very friendly and helpful. I may not have the dollars upfront to do all that I'd like to do to my little beastie. but if I don't ask whats possible and what it costs, or what this mark can do or whatever, I won't learn anything.

James

SOHC
20-05-2006, 12:14 AM
Love them', my mom has one Golf V5 back in HK, its pretty fun to drive around n heaps of power, too :lol: , but only with the tiptronic, has the same look as yours, love Mk4 in black

H2Hoo
21-05-2006, 08:06 PM
Ive got a 2000 mark 4 GTI and as golfwise says you get a lot of car for the dollar!! The car completely changed at around 65000 kms.The way it revs out, and if kept out of the "Turbo lag" of low revs really gets up and going. It has no dramas smoking 1st and 2nd gear if you load up the turbo with a few revs. Those that reckon its so slow and doesnt deserve the badge have got to be kidding, and need to have a real drive themselves. The full Recaro interior is awesome. Im yet to see a cloth interior in a vw as good as mark 4 GTI. The car is feels safe even at high speed, and does this easily.
Hey Mik im with you , I just dont get to drive mine enough, the wife has always got it, thats probably why i push it a bit when i get the chance.
Getting some of the goodies put on her this week , the exhaust hopefully and the eibach suspension soon.
Looking at them as a complete package they are a great car.

mikinoz
21-05-2006, 08:14 PM
I only convinced myself today I did not need to upgrade to a GTI... and then that sort of post - grrr...

look forward to seeing the exhaust improvement, then a chip mod ;)

Golfwise
21-05-2006, 10:21 PM
I always enjoyed my mk4 1.6 for what it was.$20 grand cheaper new than my sons GTI so I never expect it to preform like one but at $26k absolutely top value.(dealer had sale at time and that price was on the road :D )
and my sister paid over 60 grand for her Bimmer that didn't impress me that much for all the extra moolah. and I thought it was gutless.

H2Hoo
21-05-2006, 10:47 PM
Absolutly. My sister picked up a mk4 2 litre sport, run out model but fitted with so many extras, she got the auto to with metallic paint, all the then GTI gear, minus the motor and brakes for 30 grand drive away. They have dropped a bit lately on the resale side but they sold so well thats not surprising.

gtimk5
22-05-2006, 07:46 PM
I have been handing out flyers and putting them in cars, that way we might get some new nembers on this forum. Hopefully we might get more than 2 Mk4 owners on line.
That said, as far as I know there is only 2 Mk5 owners on and so there is not a lot to talk about as far as Mk5s are concerned.
Its easy to see how many Mk1 people use the forum and are not interested in the later models, so we have to try and attract the later owners, ie.mention the forum to anyone and that they can get any questions that they might have on there cars answered.
There are a fair few knowledgable members in NSW that I am sure would be only too willing to point them in the right direction on any problems or queries they might have. There are so many Mk4s up there.
So lets get spread the forum word and maybe also get some later VW owners on board, & that includes T4s. :D :D :D :D :) :) :o

H2Hoo
22-05-2006, 08:38 PM
Yay, go the T4's, they are awesome work horses, mine never ceases to amaze me.

Had my cam belt service done last week on the mark 4, i was dreading the bill, but to my surprise was cheap as, hate to think what the dealers are charging for mark 4 GTI cam belt jobs, gota love a top job done cheaper than you expect!!!!!!

TassieGTi
22-05-2006, 08:58 PM
It is good of you to be so enthusiastically spreading the word about the forum and I hope that your effort reaps some reward! I guess the MK1 is always going to attract a greater number and the more passionate members because of their age and unique appeal! Who else but an enthusiast would want to talk about and spend money restoring a 30 year old car :)

The majority of MK4 and MK5 owners I know like their choice of car, but simply use it as a modern refined form of transport and are in now way inclined to want to chat about it on a forum? Interest in the MK3 models seems to be developing, but again because enthusiasts are buying them (more affordable) as the general public sell to update to a more modern form of transport (MK4 and MK5)! Let’s be honest, apart from the MK5 GTi, most MK4 and M5 models seem to be driven by females these days!

Having said that, keep up the promotion and we are bound to attract some of them to the forum :D

imported_brackie
22-05-2006, 09:10 PM
All good points, Tassie GTI. Until people begin to modify, race or fix cars themselves forums have little appeal. They'e happy just to get in and drive. Sometimes they like to discuss servicing costs or fuel consumption but because they never get their hands dirty they have little else to talk about. Exceptions to this rule are the types who get onto the prestige car forums just to brag and indulge in one-upmanship. I have no time for them.

But.. we are digressing. Isn't this thread about cars, not people?

Golfwise
22-05-2006, 10:43 PM
More girlies on the forum please. 8)

gtimk5
23-05-2006, 07:21 AM
Yeah, I agree that to most late VW drivers they are transport but we might be able to show em that they can be a sociable thing as well. I'll keep giving out flyers in the hope that we get half a dozen new members & if they are happy with what they see, they in turn will tell friends about it. Thats the way it works, I reckon. If they post tho we should treat them with kit gloves :o :o

H2Hoo
23-05-2006, 09:30 PM
As soon as the mark 4 GTI came out of warrenty i started doing my own stuff to it. Its not that hard, i wasnt going to tackle a cam belt service but im happy servicing the rest of it. Gota get in and get dirty, The T4 diesel now servicing that is getting seriously dirty.

s14s2a
24-05-2006, 09:25 PM
Hi,
I have a MkIV golf and think they are great, yes I agree it's not the fastest car on the road but with a few little mods (K&N drop in, cold air induction,new rear section exhaust, and a boost up) it really goes well, has a heap of torque and adequate brakes! With a set of coilovers I believe it makes a great little package.
At around 20 or so thousand its good value also, nice interior (dash facia+recaro seats, 4airbags, and good sound system) I get around 630-650kms per tank!
Im not really aware of any other euro cars that match it with value for money, not even any jap cars!
I'll post some pics soon if anyone is interested! Bring on the peoples car!
Cheers :D

mikinoz
24-05-2006, 09:29 PM
Hi,
I have a MkIV golf and think they are great

I'll post some pics soon if anyone is interested! Bring on the peoples car!
Cheers :D

Respect! - Post away!

imported_brackie
24-05-2006, 09:39 PM
Yeah.. An Official Welcome. Post your pics.. There's lots of interest here!

s14s2a
24-05-2006, 10:16 PM
ok here goes...

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2006/05/g1-1.jpg

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2006/05/g5-1.jpg

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2006/05/g2-1.jpg

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2006/05/g4-1.jpg

They are kinda old pics- once I clean it again ill take some better shots! :P

Golf Loon
24-05-2006, 11:13 PM
Nice car man. The more I see them, the more I appreciate the Mk4s
Smoooooth 8)

imported_brackie
25-05-2006, 05:27 AM
Lovely. I'm still not a big fan of the headlights though. I reckon Mr Pug and Mr Cit got it right in the same vintage cars. But that's just a imho. The rest of the Golf design (particularly the rear) looks much more solid and purposeful.

gtimk5
25-05-2006, 07:18 AM
Cool Mk4, Keep em coming!! :D

16valvertwin45s
25-05-2006, 11:33 AM
Lovely. I'm still not a big fan of the headlights though. I reckon Mr Pug and Mr Cit got it right in the same vintage cars. But that's just a imho. The rest of the Golf design (particularly the rear) looks much more solid and purposeful.

206/306/406....saxo/xsara/xantia?????????
are you sure Brackie?

Besides if you don't like the front end you can always make a "BOLF"

By the way nice car matey best colour!!!

H2Hoo
25-05-2006, 06:42 PM
Brackie you gota be joking my man! Those headlights are a work of art in the mark 4. By the way i hope to catch you in Hobart tomorrow arvo. My GTI will be at Andrews shop getting the turbo valve replaced(genuine one not the tshhh tshhh wank wank type) and Ottinger exhaust fitted, hope to catch you.

mikinoz
25-05-2006, 07:52 PM
My GTI will be at Andrews shop getting the turbo valve replaced(genuine one not the tshhh tshhh wank wank type) and Ottinger exhaust fitted, hope to catch you.

Come on dude, you know you want to tell the world that you have a BOV!

I just got a fake turbo whistle off eBay that you sit in you exhaust and as you rev up it whistles, problem is that it comes from the wrong end of the CAR!

On this topic of new bits, I am itching to get some new bits for my bus REAL soon - and a tint jobby!

s14s2a
25-05-2006, 08:18 PM

I dont know, the Pugs and Cits of that era have really aged by today, whereas I rekon the MkIV will still look fresh for another few years ? Just my opinion...
I rekon the lights are great, I do however like the look of the blacked out headlights....maybe one day I'll pull them apart and update them :lol:

mikinoz
25-05-2006, 08:23 PM
Lovely. I'm still not a big fan of the headlights though.

I was going to report this comment to a moderator as blasphemy - then I realised I would get no-where...

Come on, I will try to explain how great they are on saturday... full manual height adjustment - you cannot beat it! :P

mikinoz
25-05-2006, 08:25 PM
I rekon the lights are great, I do however like the look of the blacked out headlights....maybe one day I'll pull them apart and update them :lol:

I am thinking of tearing mine apart and making them dual indicator like the R32... :roll:

But if I balls it, I have lost my headlights...

s14s2a
25-05-2006, 08:27 PM
Brackie you gota be joking my man! Those headlights are a work of art in the mark 4. By the way i hope to catch you in Hobart tomorrow arvo. My GTI will be at Andrews shop getting the turbo valve replaced(genuine one not the tshhh tshhh wank wank type) and Ottinger exhaust fitted, hope to catch you.

Mate try and steer clear of the un-reliable factory valve, if you have some mods planned in the future (See ur also installing an exhaust) the valve will be the weak link(got mine on ebayAUS for $115,not much more than the OEM)
You dont have to get a noisy one, look at the GFB hybrid, they fit the MkIV perfect and install in no time.
You can go 100% atmosphere, 100% vent back or 50/50...
In summer the 50/50 is a good idea- it lets you vent half of the already hot compressed air out of the inlet allowing more cool dense air to take its place, that has to be a good thing :wink:

s14s2a
25-05-2006, 08:31 PM
I am thinking of tearing mine apart and making them dual indicator like the R32... :roll:

But if I balls it, I have lost my headlights...

:idea:Do the trial run with kiddies water paints and paint brush...if u screww it up, just wash it off! :lol:
[/quote]

mikinoz
25-05-2006, 08:39 PM
:idea:Do the trial run with kiddies water paints and paint brush...if u screww it up, just wash it off! :lol:

No, I more was thinking about including electrics where the bulb below the indicator becomes an indicator also... Follow??

Nice ride BTW dude - liking the shadow chrome...

H2Hoo
25-05-2006, 09:04 PM
Mate try and steer clear of the un-reliable factory valve

Hey s14s2a thats the only reason its being replaced the darn factory one is rooted. Its a bit late now, but i will look into replacing the factory one with the kind you have sugested mate.

Get a set of fog lights and fit them to your headlights Mik. The R32 look does look cool though.
Sunsheild out in Moonah have tinted three cars for me and have done a couple for gtimk5 and other water pumper club people, do a good job and well priced, they have a mk4 golf aswell i think.

mikinoz
25-05-2006, 09:07 PM
Get a set of fog lights and fit them to your headlights Mik. The R32 look does look cool though.
Sunsheild out in Moonah have tinted three cars for me and have done a couple for gtimk5 and other water pumper club people, do a good job and well priced, they have a mk4 golf aswell i think.

Hook-ups - feeling the MKIV love now ;)

s14s2a
25-05-2006, 09:11 PM
I know factory valve = leaking boost !
If its new itl be fine anyways for a few years, mine was 4 or so years old...
I have the boost raised to 10psi and everytime the gas was lifted the engine would shunt/buck, sure sign of a slow reacting, and worn out BOV.
What is yours doing? and what mods do you have planned ?

mikinoz- I think the twin blinker looks ace but there is no blank space below the blinker on the GTI, so you have the chromed out bump on ur headlights ?

mikinoz
25-05-2006, 09:15 PM
mikinoz- I think the twin blinker looks ace but there is no blank space below the blinker on the GTI, so you have the chromed out bump on ur headlights ?

Yeah (cos it is a 1.6 - shh, don't tell anyone ;) ) - you got a fog lamp in your GTI don't you?

It can't be that hard to do?? GtiMKV, you pulled your MKIV lights apart didn't you?

Been loving the golf this week - clicked over 80,000km on Sunday! :D Repaired rim back on car and new rubber on Saturday morning - life can't get better! :cool:

imported_brackie
26-05-2006, 06:09 AM

My mrs hates the look of all Cits... but especially the DS and CX series. I love them! Yeah.... go on! Report me to a moderator! :D I'm eclectic enough in my tastes to like the look of all Golfs, but nothing's ever perfect. In the case of the IV the only problem I have is with the headlights. The R32 is a vast impovement imho.

Stirred you guys up, thought :wink:

gtimk5
26-05-2006, 07:21 AM
I fitted extra indicators to the blanks in my Mk4, absolutely looked a treat I reckon. Was very fiddly but the results were worth it. The first time you take a Mk4 bumper off is a fiddle but am getting better now. Not like Mk1 & 2 bumpers! Will try and find a photo of the twin indicator look of my old Golf. :D

mikinoz
26-05-2006, 07:29 AM
i will come out and you can do it for me this afternoon, as you are experienced it will only take you 15 mins...

gtimk5
26-05-2006, 09:45 AM
:D :D
You might be going home minus the front bumper! :D

H2Hoo
26-05-2006, 08:46 PM
He could fit the new indicators in 15 min easy as Mik, as he stated this arvo he chipped my car while i was still driving it and half way through a Targa stage chasing down an STI.(Sorry fellas that was the windscreen not the ECU) You said it buddy.

The car goes better now that turbo valve has been replaced. The valve lasted about 5 years before it stuffed up.

Exhaust looks good and seems to put a bit into it aswell, has changed the note when backing off the throttle and sounds ok at higher speeds inside the cabin to.

s14s2a
26-05-2006, 10:45 PM
H2Hoo are you going to post up some pics of ur new goodies ?
Is your car chipped/reflashed etc ?

H2Hoo
27-05-2006, 08:33 AM
Not at this stage mate, pretty much standard ive got the set of eibach's to go on it next and the K@N filter to put in. Got my rear wheel spacers on the make aswell, they were a hassle with bolts.
What about you mate, is yours going full wild?

s14s2a
27-05-2006, 02:59 PM
I just brought mine with a dealer fitted Remus rear section exhaust....

It was owned by an older mature guy who in the end lives localy to me, I only know this as i called him up off the log books to ask a few questions.
He actually loved the MKIV that much that he traded it in (its a 2001 model) on another MKIV end of 2004 model (he claims it was one of the last in Oz)
thats how much he liked the car...

Anyways, so far I have fitted a drop in Pannel K&N filter (i still have to remove the air box and smooth it out+fit the cold air feed from the base of the bumper) and a 0.59c manual boost controller :shock: it sounds crap but it does what i need for now, it holds 10psi with no issues and looks ok-
Its amazing what a difference the small boost up makes...id recomend it to anyone!!
If u want il post up a pic :lol:

worm
27-05-2006, 04:15 PM
we all love pics, post em up! 8)

And to think that engine is now in the polo gti :twisted:

H2Hoo
27-05-2006, 07:33 PM
Hey s14s2a post up the pics mate. I will do the same when i get a minute.

s14s2a
27-05-2006, 09:07 PM
Hey s14s2a post up the pics mate. I will do the same when i get a minute.

ok here goes, but please only do this if you have a boost gauge, well with this valve so long as you keep the green section screwed on it cant really exceed 12psi ive found anyways(but I still recomend a boost gauge!)
I have mine unscrewed till the last click before it completly comes off (That way it cant blow off[I suppose if its set to what you like[either lower /higher] you could apply a drop or 2 of epoxy if you are worried])

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2006/05/BOOSTUP-1.jpg

So you will need
1 Valve
1 Tee piece (plastic/brass[better])
Some small hose clamps (Im lazy and havnt replaced the zip ties!! :o )

Locate the Hose that comes from the actuator on the turbo ( It comes up from the turbo area, You will notice that there is a press fit clamp half way and the hose comes apart at this point-pull it apart.
There is a black plastic barb pressed and permanently calmped to the turbo side of the hose which you leave.

Now with the section that you have seperated add about 3" of hose to the black plastic barb then fit the TEE piece to this hose.

Get the factory hose that you pulled off that black plastic barb and press this onto the TEE piece also (at 90degrees to the 3" hose) this should leave one of the TEE piece barbs free.

On the last free barb of the TEE piece fit another 3-4" of hose and then insert the bunnings valve on the other end.

Go and fit small hose clamps to all connections and tuck the valve behind one of the other hoses on the firewall just to give it some space from the heat of the area.

Thats it. Screw it all the way in (no air stock boost) and then unscrew it in sections untill you reach the boost level you want.
NB: Provided you dont completly remove the green cap on the valve it shouldnt exceed 12psi but this may differ on your car- so be sensible.
Ive had mine fitted for 6 months and havnt had any issues.
I know my instructions are a little rushed but you should get the idea if not shoot me a msg.

Happy boosting :lol: :lol: :lol:

mikinoz
27-05-2006, 09:13 PM
s14s2a - I approve of the bunnings methodology!

Homebrew mods are always the most satisfying... :D

H2Hoo
28-05-2006, 05:54 PM
Nice mod mate you have kicked some arse with that!! Nice touch with the Bunnings garden irrigator!

07-06-2006, 01:49 AM
why i love my MkIV

It's the sexiest car on the road.
The girls love it.
It uses hardly any petrol.
The int display is a work of art.
It goes like the wind for a 1.6
The stereo kicks arse.
Police wont hassle you (I'm a P plater)
Built like a tank.
Can fit 4.5 grown men
Heaps of boot space.
Looks awesome at night and during the day.
Heaps of low end torque.
Brings a smile to your face.
Great second hand car.
It becomes a part of you.

I've driven Mini's caprio & S, Subaru turbos, mercedes C200k, 560sec, 420sel, Aston martin V12 Vantage, Brand new BMW 320S, 528, Z4's, X5 and a Boxter S and nothing is a better all round car than my Black 1.6L Golf.......well maybe the Aston is better but thats it.

Ranger proud VW owner

imported_brackie
07-06-2006, 05:45 AM
Fantastic to hear such enthusiasm...Where's the pics :roll: :?: Stick 'em in The Gallery when you get a chance. You obviously love your Golf.

That's a very impessive list of cars that you've driven....and for guy on Ps :shock: Do you work for an auction house :idea: :?:

mikinoz
07-06-2006, 06:29 PM
why i love my MkIV...nothing is a better all round car than my Black 1.6L Golf.......well maybe the Aston is better but thats it.

Ranger proud VW owner

I LOVE MY 1.6 TOO!

dude, your car is the same as mine - respect!

Rod_H
15-06-2006, 01:52 PM
Well I just signed up. :D
Have got a mark IV too! It's a corker too! 1.6L Auto,( the wife cant drive a man):? Has run like a dream for 100,000 k's, in 5 years. Never missed a beat.
It's not a rocket but it goes well for what it is. One thing i have noticed is when i take passengers who have never been in a VW always say how quite it is. We have, converted 2 friends to golfs over the past few years because they loved the look of mine. Will post some pics if i ever work out how!
Would love a TDI mark V but the wife says no!:mad: No need for concern iam working on her!

mikinoz
17-06-2006, 09:02 AM
Welcome Rod.

Nice to hear that you got 100K of service from the 1.6!

Hope you find some useful stuff for MKIV's here.

Cheers, Mick

aprr32
18-06-2006, 07:15 PM
Yeah, I love my Golf 4, it's the best packaged car I have ever owned!

van
21-06-2006, 11:36 AM
Well for what it's worth, my girlfriend and I bought a GTI on the weekend. I have to admit though, I've become a bit disheartened with the lack of MkIV GTI enthusiasts around Melbourne (far as I can see, anyway). Maybe I need to go back to my Supra :(

eurov5
21-06-2006, 02:31 PM
Second time try to post, why MK4.

Mine is a MK4 1.6 man since new 230,000 km not a problem.

-750 km to a tank easily.
-Still tight as a drum
-Touch wood ultra reliable
-No racing car but an ideal highway cruiser and I travel 1000km per week.

Problems
- Rip off dealers and pricing, hence i have serviced it since out warranty by myself

mikinoz
21-06-2006, 05:15 PM
Welcome to both of you Van and EuroV5 to the forum.

MKIV owners join up every day. EuroV5, you have any how to's you may like to share with us! Go the 1.6's! :P

s14s2a
21-06-2006, 10:58 PM
After 115000kms its time to change the clutch, that will be my next victory..if i do it myself !!!!

Not sure to go stock or upgrade with the vr6 parts...more clamping, and will hold better for future mods so its worth considering...

davesuper74
22-06-2006, 10:38 PM
Hi All

I just pickup my Mk 4 golf today.

I am very happy with it. Although its a 1.6 automatic. Its just what
I need for my wife to drive around town.

I am in sydney. It has done 83000km. can anyone tell me
which mechanic to use to change the timing belt when its due at 90000km?

Dont really want to use a vw dealer. I just need to find someone
at a resonable rate and reliable.

thanks

Dave

the_turbo
09-08-2006, 11:40 AM
I just got a Mk4 GTI second hand.
I love it.
Great cond. one owner 50,000km
a steal i rekon for 20g
its what i've wanted so i'm glad I finally go it!
post some pics soon.

gtimk5
09-08-2006, 02:03 PM
Welcome to the forum, congrats on getting a GTI, look forward to seeing some pics! Cheers, andrew :)

funky9
04-09-2006, 08:17 AM
I picked up my mkIV GTI two weeks ago.
Have fallen deeply in love with her!
I am now a converted euro car enthusiast!
here she is.

gtimk5
04-09-2006, 09:02 AM
Welcome to the forum funky9. I hope you enjoy your time/times with us. Great car, enjoy! Looks tidy, Andrew:)

BLKMJC
04-09-2006, 02:26 PM
Didnt see this thread before! Go the boring MK4's!!!!

I've had mine for a bit over a year and love it, well built with lots of quality materials, sold drive too.

A bit slow stock, and suspension is very lacking for a 'gti' cough.

With a few mods they can be very quick and handle very nicely, i have no problems keeping up with highend jap's / euros through the twisties.

Van, there's a few moded MK4's in melb, but not many. Usually just standard wheel/lower/exhaust mods.

Theres 2 or 3 that a very nicely done and quite fast. Most beefy MK4s are in sydney, with some really fast ones too.
Hello funkey9! Havent seen u yet!

Heres mine, its fun :)

http://yapa.customer.netspace.net.au/PICT0042-small.jpg
http://yapa.customer.netspace.net.au/PICT0015-small.jpg

BLKMJC

peteon2wheels
18-09-2006, 10:54 PM
well heres another mk4 person. just bought a gti 02 model. silver. no mods....yet. proly wont be for a while, but exhausr and air filter maybe eventually. i like rs4 17s too. beautifulk car the gti. awesome quality.

brackie
19-09-2006, 07:32 AM
Welcome, mate. Quality cars they are. The users on this forum are top quality too :)

Buggy5
29-09-2006, 07:59 PM
Hi Guys, got your flyer on my GTi (buggy5) in Denmark St Kew the other day & thought I'd say hello. :)

I agree with prev comments that most Mk IV owners aren't real VW 'enthuisiasts' unfortunately. There are still a few of us left though & we'll just have to carry the torch.

About me???? Well, I've got a black Mk IV Gti with Zender & Kamei body styling & engine mods inc. boosting, chipping, lowering etc. I love leaving the Rex's and Skyline of this world standing at the lights :)

Will post some pictures soon, I promise...

brackie
29-09-2006, 08:20 PM
Your's sounds well and truly "breathed on"! Don't it feel good to leave the ricers standing?? (And I do it in a diesel :D )

The Mk4 is a great car and should be better represented on this forum. Keep the posts coming!

mikinoz
29-09-2006, 09:18 PM
Nice to see you here buggy.

We like to see the pics, but any tech knowledge will also be appreciated!

Catch you at the traffic light grand prix!

BLKMJC
30-09-2006, 12:48 AM
Buggy, think I've seen your car around Kew a few times :) If its the same one, very nice :)

gtimk5
30-09-2006, 04:51 AM
Hi Buggy5 and welcome to the forum. Good to have you here and excellent to have another modified mk4 on board. I hope you get a lot out of it. We are a friendly bunch! Cheers, Andrew :)

mikinoz
01-10-2006, 09:31 AM
Some one designed MKIV headllight assemblies for midgets to replace globes in...

Took me 15 minutes to get 1 globe in, and that was on drivers side that is easily accessible!

gtimk5
01-10-2006, 09:50 AM
If you ever have to replace a headlight, now thats an involved process!!!:)
Globes can be tricky but once you have done a couple it gets easier

mikinoz
01-10-2006, 01:42 PM
I am going to upgrade to Osram Silverstar globes soon I think. But now daylight savings have arrived, not so much of a rush.

fuzion
06-10-2006, 12:13 AM
make sure when you upgrade your lowbeams, to put clear/bluish globed parkers in too otherwise ull have yellow parkers, white headlights! :P

s14s2a
30-10-2006, 09:38 PM
Well I was out checking out a site in a seedy part of Sydney and thought it would make a interesting backdrop for some pictures.... Sort of Ghetto, worth sharing I thought...enjoy.

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2006/10/DSC01735-1.jpg

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2006/10/DSC01737-1.jpg

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2006/10/DSC01739-1.jpg

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2006/10/DSC01738-1.jpg

gtimk5
31-10-2006, 06:08 AM
Looking good! What exhaust are you running?
Wouldn't want to leave the Golf there for too long unattended I shouldn't think!!! Cheers, Andrew :D

fuzion
31-10-2006, 09:48 AM
few new ones from me..

http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/6739/p1110079zw0.jpg

http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/5117/img3199na2.jpg

GoLfMan
31-10-2006, 10:38 AM
love the rims on the Red one :D, those mk4's are mint love em!
what engine mods have they got?

simex
31-10-2006, 11:46 AM
very nice pics fuzion

s14s2a
31-10-2006, 08:13 PM
gti mk5 haha, yeah I wouldnt leave it there too long unattended. It has a remus rear system from the reso back. Its pretty good- as its quiet yet still looks ok.
Next is a set of coilovers to further improve the grip of the micie pilots :) The key is to always try and stick with the quality components, no matter what they are.

Also had these snaps when the car was a little cleaner
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2006/10/DSC01639-1.jpg

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2006/10/DSC01637-1.jpg

and those MkV R32's are starting to grow on me, esp in 3 door it was hot

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j186/s14s2a/DSC01641.jpg

gtimk5
01-11-2006, 05:45 AM
The Remus rear boxes are quiet but do give a good deep note. I fitted a couple a few years back. They don't suit some rear swaybar setups thogh. Believe me!!! :) Cheers, and looking good. I loved the looks of my mk4 in red. The current owners baby it too :)

BLKMJC
02-11-2006, 01:10 PM
Nice cars! I had the same remus on the back, but my cars too low and I couldnt get out of the exhaust shop driveway! Next day after scraping it to **** I went back and got a custom 2.5" turbo back :D Hidden so it cant be seen like the original, love it.

The remus was nice though, a nice growl on wot.

BLKMJC

s14s2a
02-11-2006, 06:27 PM
Yes at WOT the Remus sounds good! The turbo whistling at the front and the exhaust at the rear, together in musical harmony !!!!

I agree with the scraping. Mine is still the stock height but the muffler base does scrape slightly on very steep driveways etc.

If/When I get the car lowered (on coilovers only that is) I will get the 25th Edition rear section that has a cut out and allows the muffler body and tips to be raised up ;)

YellowDieselGolf
08-11-2006, 10:17 PM
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2006/11/gtilake2-1.jpg
:)

GoLfMan
09-11-2006, 07:19 AM
is that yours??

DubSteve
09-11-2006, 10:02 AM
WOW WOW WOW thats pretty hot and for a mk3 vr6 owner I am now currently jealous DAMN NOW I WANT A GTI

YellowDieselGolf
09-11-2006, 05:52 PM
Thanks guys :) Yep, its mine. :)

YellowDieselGolf
09-11-2006, 06:06 PM
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2006/11/sideonorig-1.jpg

gtimk5
09-11-2006, 06:45 PM
Looks fantastic mate. I hope you can get down for the DOVW.
Cheers, Andrew:)

GoLfMan
09-11-2006, 06:50 PM
Looks fantastic mate. I hope you can get down for the DOVW.
Cheers, Andrew:)
ditto Andrew!!! i hope you can get down mate :)

Lima
10-11-2006, 09:16 PM
Gone, but not forgotten...

03-02-01 - 18-06-04

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2006/11/19174072M-1.jpg

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2006/11/19174075M-1.jpg

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2006/11/19174123M-1.jpg

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2006/11/19174029M-1.jpg

GoLfMan
10-11-2006, 09:41 PM
nice one mate! whats the list of mods?? how does the cooper compare?

Lima
10-11-2006, 10:07 PM
I've answered those questions in my photo thread. :)

Cheers Liam

mikinoz
11-11-2006, 09:07 AM
I think that this is great, when I joined watercooled, there were only 2 MKIV's...

This site is becoming a useful and factual, whilst fun forum to participate in.

Any more MKIV takers?

simex
11-11-2006, 11:01 AM
I've only had my MKIV Golf GL for a few weeks now. After driving Honda's for many years, I must say that I really appreciate that refinement of the car and how well built it is compared to what I have owned in the past. The power, braking and handing may not compare to my Integra Type R, but nevertheless, it's an absolute dream to drive and the Integra just sits in the garage.

I will be slowing working on the aesthetics of the car and will post photos as I do so. Yesterday I fitted the chrome base for the gear knob boot from the GTi.

Now I'm trying to decide on wheels... So many options!

Lima
11-11-2006, 01:15 PM
I reckon 18" RS4 replicas suit the Mk4 chassis beautifully.

http://www.amimotorsports.com/oldsite/RS4replica.jpg

simex
11-11-2006, 01:59 PM
minigolf, those wheels are on my list of options, but I would only go as big as 17inch. I still want to retain some comfort in the drive.

A8 wheels also look good.

BLKMJC
12-11-2006, 12:14 AM
Simex, give me your typeR for the week and you can have it back for the weekend :D I think their very very good cars, love them!

BLKMJC

simex
12-11-2006, 10:46 AM
so what's in it for me :? Do I get your golf?

:D

YellowDieselGolf
13-11-2006, 08:45 PM
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2006/11/bownaboatrampfrontright-1.jpg

Lima
13-11-2006, 10:15 PM
Looking good Pete.

fuzion
16-11-2006, 01:52 PM
http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/5457/img3119yg1.jpg

YellowDieselGolf
21-11-2006, 08:17 PM
RSSR's look great on the red :thumbup:

DubSteve
23-11-2006, 11:34 AM

Very nice little car. Saw that at Sebs BBQ on the weekend its very nice and has a nice rumble to it.:cool:

fuzion
26-11-2006, 11:23 AM
Very nice little car. Saw that at Sebs BBQ on the weekend its very nice and has a nice rumble to it.:cool:

thanks mate.. doin boser bonnet soon it seems too now hrmm argh!

Golfer
27-11-2006, 05:10 PM
You know guys, i've fallen in love with the lines of the Mk3, but some of these cars, along with a hot black GTI that's buzzing around in Tweed Heads, has really got me thinkin'...

Some stunning cars guys, makes me wish i had a mk4...

As well...

Cheers!
John:cool:

DUB32
28-11-2006, 11:47 AM
Hi guys and gals .. i'm new to this forum and just thought i would ask for your opinions.. after owning high end japanese performance cars for years such as an R33 GTR Vspec N1 and 04 Sti and an S15 200sx i have recently aquired a MK 4 Golf R32 which i find to be the most enjoyable car i have driven and owned to date.. i am starting the upgrade process and am still unsure which wheels i want to change to .. i have decided upon 19's but not sure which brand or style .. nothing cheap or chrome (no offence) as i still want to maintain the race appearance..

the two i have in mind are the AXIS Hiro and also the Audi RS6 wheels :?

cheers

GoLfMan
28-11-2006, 04:46 PM
welcome mate, interesting to know that its the most enjoyable car next to that impressive line up of jap hero cars :)!
are you going to supercharge the R32 ;)?!

Lima
28-11-2006, 09:43 PM
Welcome DUB32 ... you need to speak to Dragan at inMotive (http://www.inmotive.com.au/) and see what a 450bhp R32 is like to drive. :cool:

Cheers Liam

DUB32
29-11-2006, 03:48 PM
i have already ordered a turbo kit from a company called EIP in the USA its good for 320-350 all wheel kilowatts.. i will be making this car one of my larger investments to date

GoLfMan
29-11-2006, 04:26 PM
holy ****!!! awesome mate :D

s14s2a
29-11-2006, 06:59 PM
Hi guys and gals ..

the two i have in mind are the AXIS Hiro and also the Audi RS6 wheels :?

cheers

Congrats with the new ride.

Since you will be effectivly replacing high quality rims (and im assuming the RS6 wheels will be replicas, and havent heard too much about the Axis rims)

I would continue the theme and only put on a set of equally high end wheels as replacments.

Something along the lines of BBS,OZ etc etc.....

....Especially with the proposed power output it will have :)

Lima
30-11-2006, 07:30 AM
i have already ordered a turbo kit from a company called EIP in the USA its good for 320-350 all wheel kilowatts.. i will be making this car one of my larger investments to date

Nice! :cool:

You'll have a target 1/4 mile time of 12.6 to aim for.

fuzion
30-11-2006, 08:27 AM
You know guys, i've fallen in love with the lines of the Mk3, but some of these cars, along with a hot black GTI that's buzzing around in Tweed Heads, has really got me thinkin'...

Some stunning cars guys, makes me wish i had a mk4...

As well...

Cheers!
John:cool:

John, mk3s arent to much diff from a mk4 in what you can do look wise! depends what look yo uwanna go!
heres a couple for you

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a382/CHICASENCILLA79/Picture0221.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v732/a2lvrjules/P1010236.jpg
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j74/dmoe_2006/PICT0533.jpg
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d113/crazydubman/old%20school/Photo0001.jpg

--

and to the mk4 r32 owner, congrats dude! im sure you'll be more then happy, as mentioned you should get in contact with Dragan @ Inmotive (dragan@inmotive.com.au) for things you may need, even maybe a better price on the turbo kit, short shifter etc! :P

DubSteve
30-11-2006, 11:31 AM
G'day DUB32 the R32 is an awesome car. With a turbo kit good luck if you don't shat yourself if you drive it theres alot of power there. :)

BLKMJC
30-11-2006, 12:28 PM
yes as said above, get some quality wheels... not copies. Esp with the power you'll be running you dont want to take any risks at high speed :)

BLKMJK

DUB32
01-12-2006, 02:39 PM
i am considering a set of 20 inch Audi A8 RS4 style wheels .. negotiating with private seller but he is looking at around $4500 .. with 275's on them which are a complete waste of time for me ..further more i would either need to re-drill them or fit A3 Audi Hubs to suit the 5x112 PCD ... i have attached a link to site so you get the idea of the wheels im talking about

http://www.b-b-motorsport.de/images/modified_cars/audi/big/a3_sportsback/audi-20-09.jpg

or alternate option is

http://www.b-b-motorsport.de/images/modified_cars/vw/big/r32/DSCF0022.jpg

but i love the look of the A8 20's .. for show purpose only of course.. i would then purchase a set of semi slicks for my factory 18's

h100vw
02-12-2006, 10:39 AM
They look cool, do they only come in 5x112? 275 is some width for tyres too....

I have 225s on my 98 A3 and they are pretty big..

Gavin

Lima
04-12-2006, 08:13 AM

Kinda looks like an RS2 at the front! :cool:

YellowDieselGolf
07-12-2006, 08:51 PM
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2006/12/smokecolours-2.jpg
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2006/12/smokerear-2.jpg
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2006/12/smoke2006-2.jpg

mikinoz
08-12-2006, 09:50 PM
Using the bushfires as a photo op!

Nice one... :D

DUB32
11-12-2006, 12:12 PM
game .. very game .. love the avatar very original

YellowDieselGolf
28-12-2006, 12:10 AM

More again

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2006/12/gtitunnel-2.jpg
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2006/12/trainstation-2.jpg

GoLfMan
28-12-2006, 11:55 AM
mate you take some awesome photos, that tunnel one especially :D

DIDZ
28-12-2006, 11:57 AM
I love the photo in front of the building (with the little Albury sign).

That's tops! :D

gpk_gti
29-12-2006, 08:54 AM
Took these photos at Lady Maquaries chair Sydney,on the Wooloomooloo side.Still waiting for my badge to come back from the airbrush artist.:)
sorry about quality,having trouble uploading correst sizes.
How do you do it YellowDieselGolf?????:confused:

YellowDieselGolf
29-12-2006, 10:36 AM

GPK - My photos are linked to my own domain. If you can find a place to host your pics, you can link to them using the following code.

[/b]]www.gpk_gti_photos.com/pic1.jpg

gpk_gti
29-12-2006, 12:23 PM
thanks mate, so if I do
http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r311/yiorgo_gti/6bbb2530.jpg
would that work? sorry to be a newbie:(
http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r311/yiorgo_gti/59e40aaf.jpg
aaahhhhhhhaaaaaa DID IT!!!

BL33SU
29-12-2006, 12:46 PM
hot looking car man. how wide are your rims at the rears?

i wanted my rears deep dish aswell but they wouldnt sell it to me coz they recon it wouldnt fit!

DubSteve
29-12-2006, 12:55 PM
Where abouts are those photos taken at?

gpk_gti
29-12-2006, 12:56 PM
18 x 8.5 225/40/18 on the front and 18 x 10 255/35/18 on the rear.Thats exactly what they said to me at the tyre place.Once you have had dish,its hard to go back!!!:D
my mate had Speedline black centers(off a porsche racer) on his TT,looked awesome!!!!
http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r311/yiorgo_gti/395c381a.jpg
The photos were taken at just before the art gallery of nsw,in the backround is wooloomooloo and the navy ships.The other photo was edited by my cousin akcartooning,who does all sorts of fancy airbrush stuff.that photo will be on his site as soon as he finishes it! haha(already taken him nearly 2years)

gpk_gti
29-12-2006, 01:06 PM
http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r311/yiorgo_gti/2368d45d.jpg
http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r311/yiorgo_gti/7f2726ae.jpg:)
HA now I got the hang of this!!!!

YellowDieselGolf
29-12-2006, 02:16 PM
Wow! Does it rub?!

gpk_gti
29-12-2006, 02:51 PM
Wow! Does it rub?!
only when ive got the two kids in the back with shopping,and then only when you hit a major raise in the road.it was slightly lower but I raised it and it doesnt rub that much anymore.Guards have been lipped and plastic noobs removed.front lower control arm has been changed to h&r uprated so doesnt scrub on drive shaft.:D
some guy with a mazda3 with plates FATASS came along side me at kingsford,he only had 19"s and were definately not wider than 8".I showed him a real wideASS!!!j:

fuzion
01-01-2007, 07:53 PM
lookin good dude! not a fan of the tail lights but looks good :P need a badge on the rear now! lol

gpk_gti
02-01-2007, 07:02 PM
lookin good dude! not a fan of the tail lights but looks good :P need a badge on the rear now! lol
rear lights look better in real life,at least they are hella,as for the badge,it really needs it since I put the mtm badge.will be ready this weekend:)

fuzion
09-01-2007, 03:44 PM
this weekend? whats happenin this weekend?!

think we have a cruise on the 28th of this month thru putty rd if your up (vwvortex) ..

gpk_gti
16-01-2007, 04:18 PM
http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r311/yiorgo_gti/8048665f.jpg
will have alot of new snaps after this sundays cruise! this one at syd airport
I wont be able to make vortex cruise as its my bday.are you coming this sunday?

BL33SU
16-01-2007, 10:31 PM
do you have problems with the front rubbing wen u turn and go over bumps on the road?>

gpk_gti
17-01-2007, 07:16 AM
never,ive got coilovers!. my vr6 used to scrub only with the snow plow on:D the only time the front scrubs is when I go to those areas that have those really big speed humps.previous owner cracked the paint on chin,that was when the car was standard.dont ask me how:?

Langers
18-01-2007, 05:00 PM

I'd be getting a refund and running away RIGHT NOW.

EIP has terrible customer service for people in the US, let alone on the other side of the world.

Who will be doing the install?

Is this the Stage 1 kit? What does EIP have planned for software customisation and RHD configuration?

I really hope this works out well, but I would personally have gone with HPA, especially given how slow the Stage 1 EIP cars are in the 1/4 mile due to the fact that they maintain stock CR etc.

gpk_gti
19-01-2007, 04:36 PM
BTW im on the latest IGNITION dvd with my dub.helping promote a mates workshop.Edition 13
http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r311/yiorgo_gti/7c6142e4.jpg

YellowDieselGolf
25-01-2007, 04:35 PM
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2007/01/gticomet2-1.jpg

gpk_gti
25-01-2007, 04:39 PM
hot shot!!! is that really the comet there?

srbsta
25-01-2007, 04:51 PM
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2007/01/gticomet2-1.jpg

that is a nice pic.....the comet looks pchoped ;)

WABIT
25-01-2007, 05:37 PM
well so do the stars.. i think it real srbsta ;)

wabit

YellowDieselGolf
25-01-2007, 11:46 PM
:) its real.

mikinoz
27-01-2007, 09:01 AM
Much respect!

GoLfMan
27-01-2007, 10:02 AM
your a great photographer Yellow :)

fuzion
27-01-2007, 05:21 PM
nice pic yd..

cant get anything good around sydney, and when i can its freakin raining or raining by the time i get there lol..

fuzion
07-02-2007, 07:15 PM
http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/7130/69429703si7.jpg

http://img465.imageshack.us/img465/9025/33741258sb3.jpg

more pix here: http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=3065693

BL33SU
07-02-2007, 07:46 PM
nice pix fuzion.. lol mk4 golf laughing

gpk_gti
07-02-2007, 09:57 PM
what happened?? didnt rain??hehe, nice shots!!

gpk_gti
14-02-2007, 05:24 PM
http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r311/yiorgo_gti/yarrabay029.jpg
http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r311/yiorgo_gti/yarrabay023.jpg
http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r311/yiorgo_gti/yarrabay015.jpg
http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r311/yiorgo_gti/yarrabay006.jpg

gpk_gti
14-02-2007, 05:30 PM
http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r311/yiorgo_gti/ca0720a9.jpg
http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r311/yiorgo_gti/eb5d9a1a.jpg
http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r311/yiorgo_gti/df85cc4c.jpg

BLKMJC
14-02-2007, 07:56 PM
very FAT :D

fuzion
14-02-2007, 08:16 PM
lookin good dude! not a fan of the fibre/plastic boser look thing tho! which reminds me next month ishould have my boser bonnet on! woo :Pj:

gpk_gti
14-02-2007, 09:24 PM
thanks mate,,, what will you do with your grill and are you going to fix up the hanging exhaust tips?? :confused:
I was going to do the bad boy bonnet,but plastic is better due to its on/off ability.thinking of going the latest euro look,but im still undecided.have to make up my mind before nationals though.:cry:

gpk_gti
15-02-2007, 07:07 AM
whats a matter with you guys??:? noticed anything???

DubSteve
15-02-2007, 08:26 AM
whats a matter with you guys??:? noticed anything???

Fancy number plate you got there mate. ;)

gpk_gti
15-02-2007, 08:27 AM
someone noticed!!:cry: like getting a haircut and no one says anything!!

fuzion
25-02-2007, 08:41 AM
thanks mate,,, what will you do with your grill and are you going to fix up the hanging exhaust tips?? :confused:
I was going to do the bad boy bonnet,but plastic is better due to its on/off ability.thinking of going the latest euro look,but im still undecided.have to make up my mind before nationals though.:cry:

got badgeless grill, had it for sometime and swap between the two when im bored. that or the kamei ill use.. the exhaust, think ill leave it i dont mind it that low and looks tacky if i cut out the bar i think. considering rline rear bar anyhow right now

GTI 04
23-03-2007, 12:27 PM
i have my golf IV GTI in shmik condition jus need to get some pics of it with its new 19's

mikinoz
10-04-2007, 08:43 PM
http://mjthomsen.gallery.netspace.net.au/albums/golf/20_G.jpg

fuzion
11-05-2007, 12:37 PM

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/7534/fuzioninteriorjk1.jpg

99gti
04-07-2007, 04:05 PM
I should have some fresh pics soon. I promise!

gpk_gti
04-07-2007, 04:09 PM
pics or ban buddy!!!!:mad:

NGOLF.U
29-08-2007, 09:39 PM
Mad day so i decided to take a random shot of her at the docklands..im not a pro but i thought this looked awsome.

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2007/08/IMGP1202-4.jpg

gpk_gti
29-08-2007, 09:55 PM
you are making us all jealous with your mk4 hotness!!!:D

fuzion
29-08-2007, 11:15 PM
Mad day so i decided to take a random shot of her at the docklands..im not a pro but i thought this looked awsome.

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2007/08/IMGP1202-4.jpg

looking good frankee! very nice dude!

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2007/08/940449202_aa5bbb66f9-3.jpg

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2007/08/940310496_f06f729185-3.jpg

the last for a while i think!

99gti
08-10-2007, 01:12 PM
Mk4 REPRESENT at the Vic bay cruise!!!

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2007/10/DSC00976-1.jpg
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2007/10/DSC00977-1.jpg
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2007/10/DSC00975-1.jpg

NGOLF.U
08-10-2007, 05:02 PM
yeeeeeeeee.........!!!

FknDubbin
10-10-2007, 10:24 AM
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2007/10/GolfDahlback-1.jpg

http://www.vwpower.4t.com/images/golf_dahlback_presentation.jpg

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2007/10/volkswagen_golf_dahlback_racing04-1.jpg

http://eurotuned.com/vw/RS1/pic17.jpg

Nothing even comes close to this car.

FknDubbin
10-10-2007, 10:25 AM
http://sean.pnw3.org/dahlback.jpg

MK4 GTI 20VT
12-10-2007, 08:15 AM
A pic of my car! Hope you guys like it:cool:

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2007/10/09102007209-1.jpg

fuzion
13-12-2007, 12:22 AM
couple of new ones :) (well not new, but never posted)

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2007/12/IMG_4001_640x427JPG-1.jpg

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2007/12/onangle_640x3551-1.jpg

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2007/12/blackfronton_640x427-1.jpg

(quality dropped for upload...)

NGOLF.U
10-01-2008, 10:32 PM
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2008/01/deadrear-1.jpg

Jarred
10-01-2008, 11:02 PM
was that taken at westfield? looking good

NGOLF.U
11-01-2008, 01:06 PM
yeh roof top construction....

CHASSY
10-10-2008, 11:23 PM
Hey crew,

Well I've just bought an '01 MK4 Golf "AVU" 1.6ltr in the navy blue, goes well, as you would expect for a 1.6,

I was really after a 2ltr but as the price was too good to pass up and it was even the newer mk4 as I'd only thought I'd end with a Mk3.. I damn well got it, very rapped in it as have always admired VW's and more specifically the mk4 Golf :bowdown:

Now I'm wondering a whole heap o things on what where and when....
I'm hell bent on getting 18" Aristo rims for it, off the mk4 R32 of course..lol
wondering what size tyres are best..?

also will def NEED to lower as it will just look so much better...(harder susspension I think) <--need help on what to get please?

Also am wondering just how much will a K&N style induction kit do power wise, response wise as at present it is STOCK and not a whole lot responsive.. :ballandchain:

The "Angel Eyes" or "HALO" front H-Lights look pretty cool, in black background vers.... what do you guys think of those lights?

I was going to grab some M-flaps as I think they look very neat although really I'm not looking for them yet... are they a NO NO in dub land...lol?

Look I'd really just like to swap it for an R32...... anyone? huh guys....?

Well thought I'd say hi and ask some stuff, any help would .... well I guess help :)

ha ha... cheers Chas these emodicons (I'm a speller) are pretty funny huh... :horsepoop:

CHASSY
10-10-2008, 11:29 PM
couple of new ones :) (well not new, but never posted)

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2007/12/IMG_4001_640x427JPG-1.jpg

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2007/12/onangle_640x3551-1.jpg

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2007/12/blackfronton_640x427-1.jpg

(quality dropped for upload...)
Halo lights look pretty smoking Fuzion... oh yeah

Shane
11-10-2008, 11:11 AM
my old TDI golf
http://memimage.cardomain.com/member_images/4/web/2944000-2944999/2944679_12_full.jpg
http://memimage.cardomain.com/member_images/4/web/2944000-2944999/2944679_6_full.jpg
http://memimage.cardomain.com/member_images/4/web/2944000-2944999/2944679_4_full.jpg

i miss her lol!

My current V6 4mo bora

Some great pics guys and great standard!

No457 Snowy
11-10-2008, 11:18 AM
Nice car mate, love those classic wheels, such a nice tuff wheel on a VW.

Snowy :)

DUB 20V
20-11-2008, 11:47 AM
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2008/11/R32_RS4_4-2.jpg
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2008/11/mk4blackeuro-1.jpg
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2008/11/mk4redr32kit-2.jpg
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2008/11/hellatinted-1.jpg
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2008/11/r32gappagr-1.jpg

team_v
24-07-2009, 11:24 AM
http://us10.pixagogo.com/S5!W2!Qk!TA7-RvqRQ6XrmzRyGIw62yH9aEkfRAcH4fBGnUZLsuzgBVk-7WY1SS15zD-QM3U-6IZbd-7WXIlnGt5KO71uJMGQdrNxcxpN5B65gzah2duuTe0MlrPqlzUo V/DSC01312.JPG

walshydub
24-07-2009, 11:28 AM
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2009/07/3345742738_bdfc599e4a_o-1.jpg
:biggrin:

dubbed
24-07-2009, 11:49 AM
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2009/07/3345742738_bdfc599e4a_o-1.jpg
:biggrin:

lol I think they rubbed out the wrong one!

Manaz
24-07-2009, 01:38 PM
lol I think they rubbed out the wrong one!

Is it a reference to GTIs? The stock Mk4 GTI is widely derided as the worst of all the generations.

madglf3
24-07-2009, 04:17 PM
I was thinking that too, they aren't GTIs though.

JustCruisn
24-07-2009, 09:25 PM
Yep, should not mention Mk4 when discussing the crap modes of Golf. :nana:

sirmoe
20-01-2011, 05:08 PM
Yep, should not mention Mk4 when discussing the crap modes of Golf. :nana:

Everyone knows the South African MKV are the crap golfs ;)

CBRT
13-05-2012, 06:59 AM
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2012/05/76c295e5-1.jpghttp://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2012/05/c3bdb220-1.jpghttp://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2012/05/012f4a6cpng-1.jpg

My old static daily.....

ECS tuning
17-12-2013, 06:40 AM
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2013/12/465157_x600-1.jpg (http://www.ecstuning.com/?salesrep=apasternak&utm_source=vwau&utm_medium=forum&utmcontent=apasternak&utm_campaign=postreply)