PDA

View Full Version : APR for Amarok

bombsquad21
23-03-2014, 09:50 PM
I'm starting this thread in anticipation of APR goodies for my Tsi300, so those in the know. Let me know!

In other news my the shifter on my manual gearbox will most likely explode into 1million pieces should I up the horsepower, it's buggered already.

But I still want APR power!!!

Sharkie
24-03-2014, 09:35 AM
Be patient a bit longer, mate .... working on it :cool:

Sharkie
26-03-2014, 11:25 AM
IMPORTANT!!!

For those that are interested in this (even if only down the track), we need to get the numbers of interested people up so that APR USA can up the priority of this.

please send an email stating that you are interested in an ECU tune for the TSI Amarok to info@goapr.com.au

bombsquad21
26-03-2014, 02:37 PM
I just emailed them, if it's not built yet it will be miles away right? oh man…

bombsquad21
27-03-2014, 09:44 AM
I received a friendly response from the local distributor for APR, it appears that this is never going to happen. Obviously the Amarok is a not available in the US and although the motor is similar to MK6 gti it is not close enough to re-use or modify existing solutions.

My question is? Now what can I do, can i just grab a boost controller from autobarn and hope for the best? :idea:

Lucas_R
27-03-2014, 10:15 AM
So APR wont make a tune for the TSI Amarok (pretty standard response if the US market will not get the car + low demand for modified Amarok's don't forget).

So its time to look at alternatives - no doubt the Amarok is available in Europe/UK. So you could look at Superchips, DNA Tuning, Oettinger, ABT, MTM etc or even a custom tune from someone local.

Speaking of custom tunes, seeing you are in Brisbane you should have a look at these guys: SpecTune now tuning BT-50 & Ranger (http://www.vwgolf.net.au/showthread.php?20495-SpecTune-now-tuning-BT-50-amp-Ranger) who have just started venturing into the Ute world. They do custom tuning.

Im sure DNA Tuning could tune the TSI Amarok. They can tune just about anything - so id surprised if they could not offer something for you. The only issue would be that you might need to remove your ECU and send it to them (and be without the car for a week). I have a DNA tune on both my cars (Mk6 Golf R and Mk6 GTI) and rate them highly. Well priced too.

Sharkie
27-03-2014, 11:08 AM
Unless APR can get a calibrator to look at an Amarok its not likely to happen I'm afraid. Hopefully a calibrator will get a look at a TSI Amarok in Germany when he's there to do the Golf R. Depends on time availability and priority which given the current demand is low .....

The Amarok standard has a totally different file to any other TSI seen yet, so a full recalibration is necessary as no GTI/Tiguan ftuned file will work.

So, other options are being investigated ...... Custom Code the only flash tuner in Europe so far that is offering a flash tune and I am currently arranging with Gavin to find a suitable time to see what can be done. Luckily he is now based in Brisbane so easy enough ....

I'm afraid bench tuning with DNA won't work as nothing (as in files) they have currently will work on the Amarok out of the box. It needs to be done on a dyno with adjustments to a "std tune file". If they were to attempt it, they would need a TSI Amarok and a dyno .....

Custom Code link: https://www.custom-code.co.uk/remaps/category/vw/amarok/2-0-tsi-160/

180-188kw and 380NM would be quite acceptable IMO ....

Transporter
27-03-2014, 11:09 AM
V-Tech tunes (Swedish based) seems to be a popular choice in Ausamarok forum as well. :)

team_v
27-03-2014, 11:09 AM
Spectune (User: Tarmac) might be the best option in Brisbane outside of Custom Code

Sharkie
27-03-2014, 11:14 AM
Speaking of custom tunes, seeing you are in Brisbane you should have a look at these guys: SpecTune now tuning BT-50 & Ranger (http://www.vwgolf.net.au/showthread.php?20495-SpecTune-now-tuning-BT-50-amp-Ranger) who have just started venturing into the Ute world. They do custom tuning.

Yeah, no .... have heard (and seen) a few horror stories come out of there ..... not willing to risk it.

Sharkie
27-03-2014, 11:16 AM
V-Tech tunes (Swedish based) seems to be a popular choice in Ausamarok forum as well. :)

TDI only at this stage Miro :(

Guy_H
27-03-2014, 03:13 PM
I received a friendly response from the local distributor for APR, it appears that this is never going to happen. Obviously the Amarok is a not available in the US and although the motor is similar to MK6 gti it is not close enough to re-use or modify existing solutions.

My question is? Now what can I do, can i just grab a boost controller from autobarn and hope for the best? :idea:

Actually we have it placed now on the future development list for APR, we don't have an exact ETA, but it's certainly something we are working towards and hopefully we will have it sooner rather than later.

It is a different calibration from all other 2.0 TSI's for some reason, so before official release, it will be verified 100% in house on our dyno in Brisbane!