PDA

View Full Version : Cruise Control malfunction

Lemonskin
23-03-2014, 04:29 PM
So my GTI is only just over 3 weeks old and already copped my first problem.

The thing will not let me set cruise control. Whenever I press the cruise control button on the steering wheel, it just bring up an orange error light with an exclamation mark. Looked in the manual and it tells me ere is a system error and I need to go to a Dealer immediately.

Going to take it up to Sutherland VW tomorrow morning and pray someone can look at/diagnose/fix it for me on the spot.

Anyone else had this error yet?

wasabiz
23-03-2014, 04:50 PM
Hmmm.... this is a first for me to hear, I hope everything goes well tomorrow. And lets hope it doesn't happen to any of us.

stedes
24-03-2014, 10:45 AM
Hey mate, I know it's a bit early but just wondering if you've had any updates on what's wrong with the car? Hope it's all very simple and fixed quickly.

Lemonskin
24-03-2014, 10:54 AM
Hey mate, I know it's a bit early but just wondering if you've had any updates on what's wrong with the car? Hope it's all very simple and fixed quickly.

Hey mate... Not yet. Took the car up to VW this morning but as I expected they told the they’d have to either book me in for another time or leave the car all day which I couldn’t do. So I’m booked in for next Monday, but in the meantime the sales rep I dealt with from VW Sutherland has asked the Service Manager to call me regarding this so when I hear from him, hopefully there will be some kind of update!

brad
24-03-2014, 11:03 AM
Worst VW workshop in Sydney if the way they treat my Sister's EOS is any indication.

Lemonskin
31-03-2014, 10:06 AM
Hey all, little update. I took my beloved GTI in to Sutherland Volkswagen to fix this pesky cruise control issue. I waited for over an hour while they ran their diagnostic tests and took the car for a test drive. Basically they came back to me and said they don’t know why the cruise control isn’t working. The diagnostic test didn’t throw up any error codes, but they can clearly see from the test drive that it doesn’t work. So I’ve had to leave the car there until they can figure it out! In the meantime they gave me a loan car for free, a MK7 103TSI.

Will update again when they figure out what the problem was!

Lemonskin
01-04-2014, 08:08 AM
Got my GTI back this morning. The service guy told me there was a stored engine fault which was affecting the cruise control, and some problem with a sensor in the accelerator (a problem I was having with some very non-linear acceleration).

Here's the invoice (some of my personal details removed for privacy!) showing what was found & done.

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2014/03/VWServicecruisecontrol_zpse05e5852png-1.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/lemonskin/media/VWServicecruisecontrol_zpse05e5852.png.html)

AdamD
01-04-2014, 08:13 AM
Glad to hear it was all resolved mate. Fingers crossed that's the end of it!

Hillbilly
01-04-2014, 08:55 AM
Good to see Norris's service department is better than their sales dept.

We went in and wanted to buy $70,000 of VW's which they didn't have at the time and we actually wanted them in 4-6 weeks when we would pay cash, so appeared to suit fine.

"Yes they are on the way will ring you closer to the time".

Well the boat must be somewhere near MH370 because the phone never rang and we ended up buying off another dealer who had what we wanted on the floor.
Their loss I guess

Eaglehawk
01-04-2014, 11:22 AM
I'd rather a better service department than a sales one :)

Great news on the hopefully permanent fix Lemonskin. Enjoy the GTI...sob...

stedes
01-04-2014, 07:32 PM
Good news. The car is very clever though....the solenoid in your drive-by-wire system wasn't working properly so it also disabled the CC system. Excellent and interesting...

jeremy629
10-04-2014, 06:39 PM
Just wondering, have not had a chance to read the manual as yet but when using the cruise control touching the clutch pedal should disengage cruise control but it does not. Is it only switched off via the brake? In my polo as soon as you touch either the clutch or brake pedal cruise controls shuts off immediately. Anyone had this issue or is it normal for the new golf?