PDA

View Full Version : Removing Front Euro Plate Holder

warrick
19-03-2014, 10:22 PM
i did this today and it was really easy. i see in one of the other model threads they showed removing bumpers etc.i just got the old dremel out,ground off the tops of the plugs and knocked the remainder thru with a screwdriver. 10 minutes work max. i'm sure others have done this but when i searched it didnt come up. got some plastic push in plugs the same size as the sensors.will just paint them up and should be done. if you were really fussy you could countersink them into the bumper to make then even closer to the sensor look.
cheers
warrick

enixsr
20-03-2014, 10:53 AM
Congrats on the new car mate. Finally you bought the CC. Pics? Also I want to get rid of the plate holder too. Can you post some pics up of the bumper after removal? Do you need to take the car to professional paint shop to paint the holes?

warrick
20-03-2014, 11:48 AM
thanks,really happy with it. will post some pics soon. yeah i got some little black hard plastic plugs which will just snap in.after the holder is gone you end up with 4 round holes of about 8mm. i will just airbrush the plugs myself and they should just snap in. the paint was perfect behind the holder just gave it a little polish/wax and done.
cheers
warrick

warrick
20-03-2014, 12:23 PM
heres a pic so far without the plugs yet. old number plate also.
cheers
warrick

enixsr
20-03-2014, 01:44 PM
Does the car look much cleaner than before? make sure you take your time and come up with a big post of your CC

Let me know how you hide those holes :)

warrick
20-03-2014, 02:07 PM
i'm sorry but i have told you how i am going to hide the holes, i dont know what else i can tell you. yes it does look cleaner and less fussy.
warrick

enixsr
20-03-2014, 03:07 PM
I meant how you go with it...result

warrick
21-03-2014, 11:19 AM
here's the finished product.yes getting the holes filled and bumper painted would be better,but i am happy with this for zero money. looks heaps better than with the euro holder and that was the objective.
cheers
warrick

brimway
22-03-2014, 07:09 AM
BumperPlugs for Volkswagen (http://www.bumperplugs.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=1_11_99&product_id=99)

enixsr
31-03-2014, 10:51 AM
Where did you buy those plugs from mate? Cheers