PDA

View Full Version : Off to buy my FIRST VW TOMORROW!

warrick
11-03-2014, 10:51 PM
Yes, all going well this time tomorrow i should be the proud owner of a Silver Leaf 2011 V6 Passat 3CC. flying down to Sydney from Brisbane in the morning for final inspection and to take ownership. cant wait,then a nice drive back to Brissy by thursday arvo. will post pics and impressions once i get back and give it a clean. have some rims and personalised plates waiting in the garage. will get some eibachs fitted and then the wheels will follow. now if only i could get some sleep.
cheers
warrick

team_v
12-03-2014, 06:08 AM
Hope all goes well and you enjoy the drive back with the V6.

warrick
12-03-2014, 07:13 AM
thanks,i am excited to get there.5hrs to go.
cheers
warrick

warrick
13-03-2014, 07:06 PM
well, picked up the car from sydney just got back at 5pm today.very pleased,it had a couple more options than were in the ad.self parking and lane change assist.bonus also was because 2 of the tyres were a bit low on tread i got him to knock another $1000 off the price.as i'm replacing rims and tyres anyway this was excellent. will post pics once it's cleaned up.
cheers
warrick

tigger73
13-03-2014, 07:14 PM
Good news and safe travels back home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

team_v
13-03-2014, 07:25 PM
Nice work.
Hope we can get you out to some of our events.

warrick
13-03-2014, 10:18 PM
i hope so too,long as you dont mind an oldie along.
cheers
warrick

Eaglen00b
14-03-2014, 03:38 PM
I think it's probably safe to say that at any event, the vehicle is the star and the driver is merely an accessory, some pretty good, others well... :P

warrick
18-03-2014, 11:00 PM
well really enjoying the 3cc so far.keep looking for reasons to go for a drive.get new wheels and tyres fitted thursday,personalised plates friday. i'll then get some pics up. spent 5hrs last friday cleaning the outside. clayed it,medium polish,fine polish and then waxed.i'll give it a month then rewax it and it should be up to a satisfactory level of clean. the silver leaf is just stunning out in the sun now.paint surface is like glass.it was amazing how much fallout the clay pulled out of the paint considering it was polished a few days before i bought it.
cheers
warrick

team_v
19-03-2014, 05:58 AM
Haha, sounds like me when i first got the Tiguan.
We have a cruise on Saturday morning going up to Mt Mee in the event thread if you feel like coming out for another drive.

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/f21/meet-new-octavia-cruise-22-march-2014-mt-mee-94173.html

warrick
19-03-2014, 10:13 PM
unfortunately i will have to miss this one as when i opened one of my new rim boxes it had a different rim in it,thanks BJ T-MART.long story short i wont get the new rims and tyres till tues. rear tyres at the moment are down to the indicators so it is restricting any longer trips.will look forward to the next one though.
cheers
warrick

warrick
25-03-2014, 10:16 PM
the never ending saga of my rims continues.now they are saying they wont be out of customs for another 3 days,which probably means next week if i'm lucky.i really would love to just cancel the whole deal with them but i have already invested weeks with them getting to this point.all i can do is just hang in there and hope,one day.......
cheers
rick

warrick
02-04-2014, 05:01 PM
got my wheels fitted today.this is how i want it to sit but still at stock height for the moment.
cheers
rick

team_v
02-04-2014, 05:29 PM
That's got some lip on it!
What sort of wheels are they?

warrick
02-04-2014, 05:42 PM
there TSW CADWELLS. 19X8. you can get more lip but with the offset i wanted these suited i feel.
cheers
warrick

Dano deluxe
23-07-2014, 08:25 AM
Hi Warrick,
Im looking at buying a 2009 CC 3.6 shortly and wondering if you had any issues sourcing new wheels at all or everything was a nice easy standard layout? How is the ride on the 19's? I do a lot of highway driving for work so I dont want too low a profile tire..

Have you thought about doing anything else with it since your last post here in March?

Thanks mate,

warrick
23-07-2014, 09:00 AM
hi Dano
no problem at all getting wheels,spoiled for choice.i find the 19's very good overall.the change was very minimal in ride quality.probably like going from the comfort setting to the normal setting on the suspension. i was surprised that it had such a small ride feel difference.the only time you can really know you have low profile tyres is when you hit a pothole. even then it may have been like that with the standard rims/tyres i cant remember.yes i have done a few other things.replaced rear mufflers,tips,k&n filter,towbar,tune,Rline badge to grille.the only other thing i would like to do is some eibach springs but i think this might make the ride too harsh for me,but it would improve the looks.i'm getting used to it being a little higher than i like usually.helps with parking being that little higher, missing those concrete blocks. see this thread for details: http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/f206/what-have-you-done-your-cc-today-96871.html
cheers
warrick