PDA

View Full Version : LED Numberplate Lights

jdbrown1953
10-03-2014, 01:03 PM
Based on other posts I checked the numberplate lights on my 110 TDI Hilighline. No LED number plate lights. Had the car for 6 months now and never thought to check. More to the point I shouldn't have to!.

The official VWA Brochure still has the LED numberplate lights listed as part of the Bi-Xenon option (they also have it listed separately). I've downloaded it and saved a copy.

Been to my dealer and they are awaiting confirmation from VWA that they will replace. Everyone who ordered Bi-Xenon's should check their numberplate lights and get onto their dealer if all is not in order.

alipoo
11-03-2014, 02:21 PM
Hi JD,

I have recently purchased a golf gti mk7 with the bixenon option and noticed the "LED number plate lights" are yellowish (3000k colour temperature same as normal halogen light bulbs) rather than a white (4000k colour temperature). Is this similar to your highline?

I will check later tonight after work if this is the case and will get back to my dealer ASAP.

Brendan_A
11-03-2014, 02:35 PM
Hi JD,

I have recently purchased a golf gti mk7 with the bixenon option and noticed the "LED number plate lights" are yellowish (3000k colour temperature same as normal halogen light bulbs) rather than a white (4000k colour temperature). Is this similar to your highline?

I will check later tonight after work if this is the case and will get back to my dealer ASAP.

They won't be led lights. I'd be going back to dealer ASAP. I'm in the process of getting my led number plate lights on my brand new GTI that I paid for as part of the xenon package.

alipoo
11-03-2014, 03:01 PM
They won't be led lights. I'd be going back to dealer ASAP. I'm in the process of getting my led number plate lights on my brand new GTI that I paid for as part of the xenon package.

Thanks Brendan! I contacted the dealer a few minutes ago and he told me to take it to the VW service centre for replacement of the lights.

Post some pics of your new car when you get it! be interested to see! I am waiting for my photographer friend to help me take some pics of my car one night!

flight
11-03-2014, 04:22 PM
The latest (Feb 14) brochure has the LED number plate lights as a dealer-fitted accessory for the Golf, but a standard fitment for the Golf Wagon - for all of 90TSI, 90TSI Comfortline, 103TSI Highline and 110TDI Highline.

Brendan_A
11-03-2014, 04:33 PM
The latest (Feb 14) brochure has the LED number plate lights as a dealer-fitted accessory for the Golf, but a standard fitment for the Golf Wagon - for all of 90TSI, 90TSI Comfortline, 103TSI Highline and 110TDI Highline.

There has only been one GTI brochure printed September 2013 and says its part of the xenon package.

Toy_Dub14
12-03-2014, 03:25 PM
Booked in to have mine replaced next week with LED by the dealer. Looks to be a common oversight? When I say oversight...I hope that's all it was...

midlifecrisis
12-03-2014, 04:23 PM
Booked in to have mine replaced next week with LED by the dealer. Looks to be a common oversight? When I say oversight...I hope that's all it was...

My dealers replacing it now for when I buy this weekend

Brendan_A
13-03-2014, 05:08 PM
Dealer fitted led number plate lights to our GTI today. I'll try them out tonight.

nikmorris
14-03-2014, 06:12 AM
Dealer fitted led number plate lights to our GTI today. I'll try them out tonight.

I got a GTI which I picked up in jan without the LED number plates. What are my chances of getting this retrofit? Do I just call my dealer up or do I need a copy of brochure? If so would someone be able to send a copy through to me.

Thanks

tigger73
14-03-2014, 06:31 AM
I got a GTI which I picked up in jan without the LED number plates. What are my chances of getting this retrofit? Do I just call my dealer up or do I need a copy of brochure? If so would someone be able to send a copy through to me.

Thanks

I believe this is only if you ordered the bi-xenon option that these were advertised as included with this option. You could go into your dealer and pick up a brochure to check or otherwise just download it from the website.

If they're not standard with your model/options and you want better visibility around the rear, just purchase these from VW spare parts and fit them (easy DIY). Or there's a few aftermarket suppliers if you want to save a couple of $.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brendan_A
14-03-2014, 06:35 AM
Do you have xenons? If so I'd get straight on to them and tell them to look at page 20 of the GTI brochure where it says led number plate lights are part of the xenon package. I'd do it soon before VWA change the brochure because I'm pretty sure dealers have had a lot of calls this week.

Good luck!

nikmorris
14-03-2014, 12:16 PM
Do you have xenons? If so I'd get straight on to them and tell them to look at page 20 of the GTI brochure where it says led number plate lights are part of the xenon package. I'd do it soon before VWA change the brochure because I'm pretty sure dealers have had a lot of calls this week.

Good luck!

Yea, I do have the xenons. I just called up my dealer and he hasn't heard anything about it. He says he will get back to me today. I have found myself a copy of the current brochure and sure enough, it says it on page 20! See how it goes

alipoo
15-03-2014, 03:08 PM
Update: Called my dealer to get fitted my LED number plate lights, he told me that there was a misprint in the brochure, however I argued back that I have completed my purchase with the belief of the lights being installed.

He told me to call the service centre. So called the service centre and they told me to talk to dealer (so technically it was just a handball). Service centre told me to talk to VW australia head office/customer care. Service centre also told me they talked to the technicians and techs said that there is no "genuine retrofit LED rear number plate lights" that they can install.

Called VW Australia and they told me that they will open a case to get this resolved. I will have an answer by Monday/Tuesday.

I recently looked up the brochure again and on page 19 under the "Lighting section" it is listed as a VW genuine accessory (dealer fitted).

Hopefully all of this goes well for me >_<

midlifecrisis
15-03-2014, 03:54 PM
I purchased mine today - I flagged on Monday that I wanted the LED licence plate checked and referenced the brochure. They honored by installing them and my highline with xenons has the led plate lights - waiting for it to get dark now to check it all out.

n0d3
15-03-2014, 06:40 PM
I checked out the brochure they first gave out (.pdf), doesn't come as standard me thinks.

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/f197/mk7-golf-gti-discussion-thread-85524-70.html#post995470

Which ones are you guys looking at?

Brendan_A
15-03-2014, 07:12 PM
GTI brochure page 20. Led number plate lights are part of the bi xenon package. Cars that come with halogen can buy them as an accessory.

n0d3
15-03-2014, 07:45 PM
GTI brochure page 20. Led number plate lights are part of the bi xenon package. Cars that come with halogen can buy them as an accessory.

Ah, I see it now. Cheers!

Alex31
16-03-2014, 02:34 AM
Can anyone who has the led number plate lights put a picture up please :-)

cox11
16-03-2014, 06:02 PM
I picked up my gti yesterday. I noticed that the car did not have led lights above the plate. I said to the dealer that it should be standard with xenons, he said he will have to check on Monday. Let's see what happens

GeckoZAO
17-03-2014, 08:57 AM
i got the HID option for my 103tsi, according to the brochure it should also come with the LED plate lights.
but it didnt come with them though, will chase the dealer!

GeckoZAO
17-03-2014, 10:23 AM
gave a call to the new car manager and asked me where i saw this, i said the brochure, he said he will have a look.
Called me back in 3 mins and said drop your car i will get a tech to look at it if they are not led lights he will change it for me.

I think you're right, they just wanted to leave it, not too many people will pay attention to the description on the brochure.

But anyway, I'm happy, had my car for almost 6 months and they can still do it.

Will drop my car for my next appointment, got some funny sound from my power train during low speed...

cox11
17-03-2014, 11:50 AM
Same here, dealer called me back to say they are getting the led lights in for me

b c
17-03-2014, 12:14 PM
and yet my dealer spoke to VWA and said they claim a printing error and won't do it, and so they won't do it at the dealer level...

Brendan_A
17-03-2014, 12:27 PM
It's good to see some dealers are replacing the led lights out of their own pockets.

readerr0r
17-03-2014, 01:03 PM
Poor form really, so if you print a brochure saying it walks your dog and does 0-100 in 2.5 seconds, sell a bunch and then say "whoops brochure error!" its a-ok?. I know its a cheap part and probably not worth the hassle but I wonder if the tv show The Checkout would be interested in this.

tigger73
17-03-2014, 01:06 PM
and yet my dealer spoke to VWA and said they claim a printing error and won't do it, and so they won't do it at the dealer level...

Did the dealer really speak to VWA or did they just say that they spoke to VWA??

I think they just want the problem (you) to go away as there's no money in it for them.

If it's advertised as coming as part of the package then they need to change the lights to match what you've paid for. If VWA is ordering cars in with the wrong spec (i.e. not matching up with the specifications as advertised) then it's VWA issue and they need to supply what has been advertised.

In reality if you've paid $2k for bi-xenons then what's a $5 LED reverse LED light to them?

midlifecrisis
17-03-2014, 01:20 PM
Did the dealer really speak to VWA or did they just say that they spoke to VWA??

I think they just want the problem (you) to go away as there's no money in it for them.

If it's advertised as coming as part of the package then they need to change the lights to match what you've paid for. If VWA is ordering cars in with the wrong spec (i.e. not matching up with the specifications as advertised) then it's VWA issue and they need to supply what has been advertised.

In reality if you've paid $2k for bi-xenons then what's a $5 LED reverse LED light to them?

The LED is about $100 plus fitting.

But it should be honoured

tigger73
17-03-2014, 01:26 PM
The LED is about $100 plus fitting.

But it should be honoured

$5 manufactured cost price ;)

GeckoZAO
17-03-2014, 01:33 PM
$5 manufactured cost price ;)

When i bought my car i tried to bargain $200 further down, and i also asked if they can install the LEDs for me instead of $200 lower, they said NO.
despite the cost of LEDs, labor and coding will cost $$$ - as we all know ;)

tigger73
17-03-2014, 01:39 PM
When i bought my car i tried to bargain $200 further down, and i also asked if they can install the LEDs for me instead of $200 lower, they said NO.
despite the cost of LEDs, labor and coding will cost $$$ - as we all know ;)

You can buy LEDs aftermarket for $50 or less and DIY in less than 5 minutes. If they are decent LEDs they won't throw a fault and there is no coding required.

If it's not a standard option and is not going to be a deal breaker they'll try and leave it out as it's more running around for them. If you'd said the dealer down the road was going to include them then you'd likely get a different story.

team_v
17-03-2014, 02:21 PM
You can buy LEDs aftermarket for $50 or less and DIY in less than 5 minutes. If they are decent LEDs they won't throw a fault and there is no coding required.

If it's not a standard option and is not going to be a deal breaker they'll try and leave it out as it's more running around for them. If you'd said the dealer down the road was going to include them then you'd likely get a different story.

I agree on this one.
I picked mine up on ebay for about $10 for the 2 licence plate lights.
2 minutes max installation, no coding and no errors and they have been flawless.

veew
17-03-2014, 02:41 PM
Team V, do you have the link to the ones you purchased? So many of these sellers claim there won't be codes but some people still get them.

Brendan_A
17-03-2014, 03:51 PM
Non genuine led plate lights are super bright but! Had a set in my MK6 and could see my plate from miles away;)

veew
17-03-2014, 04:24 PM
Haha, with the good comes the bad

Toy_Dub14
17-03-2014, 11:58 PM
My dealer is replacing this week...however, they said "I was lucky" as VWA didnt want to come to the game but they argued for me to have them fitted. Not sure if they are blowing smoke up my arse? as I have not seen official statement from VWA re: this issue.

Toy_Dub14
19-03-2014, 12:37 PM
All installed and apparently they are not doing anymore of these retro fittings....according to dealer.

Sent from my RM-821_apac_australia_new_zealand_218 using Tapatalk

cox11
19-03-2014, 12:59 PM
All installed and apparently they are not doing anymore of these retro fittings....according to dealer.

Sent from my RM-821_apac_australia_new_zealand_218 using Tapatalk

Just received the same story from my dealer. I asked him when I can come in to get it done, he said next week. He then let me know that vwa wouldn't agree to provide it as the led tail light is no longer standard with xenons. So the dealer has to cop the cost.

wasabiz
19-03-2014, 08:16 PM

Just received email from my dealer because I was abit concerned about this issue. The spec sheet shows that the LED registration plate light seems to be standard on the GTI performance pack. He sent me the spec sheet for it which is not released on the website yet. (give me a PM for those whose interested in seeing it)

Eaglehawk
19-03-2014, 08:21 PM
Well, if the dealers want to replace your Golf with Xenons/No LED with a Golf GTI PP with LED, then lucky you! :)

Edit: Hey, my 200th post!

spikeyboy22
19-03-2014, 08:21 PM

Just received email from my dealer because I was abit concerned about this issue. The spec sheet shows that the LED registration plate light seems to be standard on the GTI performance pack. He sent me the spec sheet for it which is not released on the website yet. (give me a PM for those whose interested in seeing it)

Good luck with that... You don't have them until the car gets here...

That's all good until vwa say there was a mistake on the dealers spec sheet..

wasabiz
19-03-2014, 08:26 PM
Good luck with that... You don't have them until the car gets here...

That's all good until vwa say there was a mistake on the dealers spec sheet..

I think someone confirmed on the gti discussion thread that the PP is indeed LED registration plate light.

spikeyboy22
19-03-2014, 08:43 PM
I think someone confirmed on the gti discussion thread that the PP is indeed LED registration plate light.

Yeah but I had a printed brochure which was given to dealers by VWA marketing department, sat in there dealerships for months

And then they worked out they stuffed up, so screw the new car purchaser.

wasabiz
19-03-2014, 08:55 PM
Yeah but I had a printed brochure which was given to dealers by VWA marketing department, sat in there dealerships for months

And then they worked out they stuffed up, so screw the new car purchaser.

hahaha yeah indeed, they also said to me that there was a misprint and that normal GTIs won't get it anymore unless they can show the brochure that was used as a reference at the time of purchase. Scary...

Brendan_A
19-03-2014, 08:57 PM
hahaha yeah indeed, they also said to me that there was a misprint and that normal GTIs won't get it anymore unless they can show the brochure that was used as a reference at the time of purchase. Scary...

That's correct, normal GTI's don't come with the led number plate lights. It's when you option the xenons they are included in that package.

n0d3
19-03-2014, 10:59 PM

Yup can confirm, they turned it on for me to see.

cox11
20-03-2014, 05:28 AM
That's correct, normal GTI's don't come with the led number plate lights. It's when you option the xenons they are included in that package.

In my previous post I mentioned that vwa are now saying that you won't get led plate lights on a standard gti, even if you choose the xenon package. My dealer is bearing the cost of the retro fit

Brendan_A
20-03-2014, 05:34 AM
In my previous post I mentioned that vwa are now saying that you won't get led plate lights on a standard gti, even if you choose the xenon package. My dealer is bearing the cost of the retro fit

Yes. But what about all the people that bought Golfs with xenons over the past 11 months? No one even noticed the missing led plate lights until I posted about it two weeks ago.

I'm happy, got mine fitted last week.

cox11
20-03-2014, 05:52 AM
It's an excellent point. I guess those people will need to argue it with their dealer.
I'll admit that I only checked it because of what you said. Lucky for me my salesman has been great.

jdbrown1953
20-03-2014, 07:39 AM
Licence plate light replaced by dealer at their own cost. Thumbs up to the dealership for handling this issue in a timely and professional manner. Thumbs down to VWA for walking away and not wanting to take responsibility. I'm really struggling to believe "it's a printing problem" when other VWA cars with Xennon's as an option e.g. EOS, Jetta have LED licence plate lights as standard when Xennon's are ordered.

b c
20-03-2014, 08:51 AM
"printing problem" seems to be the common excuse. But it doesn't seem to be a problem at the printer's end, just a problem with what was sent to the printer. If they know it is incorrect, why don't they either publish a correction, or withdraw and replace the brochure. The absence of published corrections/errata/what ever indicates VWA are not really on top of this. Then there are all the web sites that list the features - have they all re-typed the brochure, or were they supplied with a list of features by VWA? And the car specification sheet for used cards that list the features - have all the dealerships re-typed the brochure, or were they supplied with a list by VWA? So if VWA has been supplying these other lists, where is the "printing problem"? Poor form VWA.

Kevin_67
20-03-2014, 12:51 PM
I dropped my Golf at the service centre this morning to get some warranty work done and commented about the LED lights. Just had a call saying the car is ready but the LED number plate lights were not done because they are illegal due to not conforming to ADRs. That sounds like crap to me because my wife's EOS has them as standard and from what I can see in ADR 48/00 (Devices for Illumination of Rear Registration Plates) there is no mention of LED globes.

Vehicle Standard (Australian Design Rule 48/00 - Devices for Illumination of Rear Registration Plates) 2006 (http://www.comlaw.gov.au/Details/F2006L01442)

AdamD
20-03-2014, 01:38 PM
Just had a call saying the car is ready but the LED number plate lights were not done because they are illegal due to not conforming to ADRs.

You've been spun a line. The dealership (Solitaire?) was clearly keen to get rid of you without having to explain that VWA are choosing not to supply a part that they mistakenly claimed was included. Countless vehicles have LED registration plate lights as standard in Australia, including some Mk7 Golfs. If these LEDs were not legal under ADRs, they would need to be recalled and replaced.

This type of behaviour from a VW dealership is pretty disappointing really, and goes some way to explaining why VW after-sales has such a poor reputation in Australia.

cox11
20-03-2014, 02:54 PM
I dropped my Golf at the service centre this morning to get some warranty work done and commented about the LED lights. Just had a call saying the car is ready but the LED number plate lights were not done because they are illegal due to not conforming to ADRs.

Barloworld bayside just rang to say my led's are in and we will get them fitted on Wednesday.

Clearly some dealers are better at customer service than others.

Brendan_A
20-03-2014, 02:58 PM
Barloworld bayside just rang to say my led's are in and we will get them fitted on Wednesday.

Clearly some dealers are better at customer service than others.

Nice! Will be no led's left in the country soon. ;)

cox11
20-03-2014, 03:08 PM
Nice! Will be no led's left in the country soon. ;)

And it's all your fault

jdbrown1953
20-03-2014, 04:25 PM
LED number plate lights were not done because they are illegal due to not conforming to ADRs. That sounds like crap to me because my wife's EOS has them as standard and from what I can see in ADR 48/00 (Devices for Illumination of Rear Registration Plates) there is no mention of LED globes.

Not complying with ADR - complete and utter rubbish. Your dealer is trying one on. The good dealers with the customer and long term relationship in mind are replacing the lights at their own cost, minimal as it is. Go back to your dealer and demand that they be replaced. If not get your fixed price servicing at another VW dealership.

Kevin_67
21-03-2014, 08:23 AM
Went to pick up the Golf and the story had changed a bit. They say there is no part number for LED number plate globes because they aren't a listed item.

Does anybody on here have a part number that I can quote?

The service guy called the head sales person earlier that day who advised the LEDs were only for the European market and not available in Oz, and there were legal problems due to traffic cameras reading number plates with LEDs. WTF?? I pointed out that my Wife's EOS has LEDs along with a lot of other vehicles and he looked a bit shocked (busted) when I quoted ADR 48/00. I also told him that he shouldn't be telling customers what is illegal if he didn't know himself.

So the advice was to contact my sales rep and chase it through him (classic 'pass the buck' scenario). I will do that and see what happens. To be honest I'm not that bothered about it because LED globes aren't going to change anything from the driver's seat, but there is a principle involved so I will follow it through.

Cheers

Toy_Dub14
21-03-2014, 11:48 AM
Went to pick up the Golf and the story had changed a bit. They say there is no part number for LED number plate globes because they aren't a listed item.

Does anybody on here have a part number that I can quote?

The service guy called the head sales person earlier that day who advised the LEDs were only for the European market and not available in Oz, and there were legal problems due to traffic cameras reading number plates with LEDs. WTF?? I pointed out that my Wife's EOS has LEDs along with a lot of other vehicles and he looked a bit shocked (busted) when I quoted ADR 48/00. I also told him that he shouldn't be telling customers what is illegal if he didn't know himself.

So the advice was to contact my sales rep and chase it through him (classic 'pass the buck' scenario). I will do that and see what happens. To be honest I'm not that bothered about it because LED globes aren't going to change anything from the driver's seat, but there is a principle involved so I will follow it through.

Cheers

Kevin,
the part number is VW1k8943021C

kennyc
21-03-2014, 02:10 PM
OK, my dealer just emailed me with an update on the tracking of my car.
I emailed him back and mentioned the LED number plate lights, he said yes if you order the Xenons you DO NOT get the LED numberplate lights. I told him thought that the brochure said you do get it.
Anyway he said he will fit these for me for no extra cost when my car comes in (Will see though when i actually pick up the car).

Kevin_67
21-03-2014, 03:44 PM
Kevin,
the part number is VW1k8943021C

Great stuff, thanks mate.

Alex31
22-03-2014, 09:33 AM
Had mine fitted by my dealer. No questions, all good, looks great. Gotta love the rural dealers :-)

cox11
26-03-2014, 10:22 PM
Took the car in today. Service desk guy didn't want to changer them, saying that Vw won't pay for it so they won't do it. We called the sales manager over, who put the guy straight. LEDs installed. Very happy with the result. Led interior, fog lights and now number plate. Car now looks complete.

midlifecrisis
27-03-2014, 07:33 AM
Took the car in today. Service desk guy didn't want to changer them, saying that Vw won't pay for it so they won't do it. We called the sales manager over, who put the guy straight. LEDs installed. Very happy with the result. Led interior, fog lights and now number plate. Car now looks complete.

You did aftermarket led fogs? Where from, what kind?

Brendan_A
27-03-2014, 08:05 AM
You did aftermarket led fogs? Where from, what kind?

GTI come standard with led front fog lights. They are brilliant too!

cox11
27-03-2014, 11:58 AM

Correct. Once I worked out how to turn them on.

Lem2808
27-03-2014, 09:11 PM
Pull the dial once for front fog lights. Pull it the second time for the rear.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

cox11
27-03-2014, 09:20 PM
Thanks, I worked it out yesterday.

night_flight
27-03-2014, 10:23 PM

really where can I get these would they fit gti 6? can u take pic of what they look like please!

cox11
28-03-2014, 05:22 AM
They are built into the slatted grille on either ends of the front bumper

http://i1375.photobucket.com/albums/ag467/tonykara19/C5E5B56F-E89B-4A6A-98F2-68E266211DE3_zpsuta2oh6x.jpg (http://s1375.photobucket.com/user/tonykara19/media/C5E5B56F-E89B-4A6A-98F2-68E266211DE3_zpsuta2oh6x.jpg.html)

Brendan_A
28-03-2014, 06:37 AM
really where can I get these would they fit gti 6? can u take pic of what they look like please!

You can buy them from VW spares but I don't think they'll fit a mk6 bar.

zardoz
28-03-2014, 12:06 PM
Spoken to my dealer - I'm told the wagons will still ship with the LED number plate lights.

night_flight
28-03-2014, 06:01 PM
thanks cox11 & Brendan_A i think it would not fit mk6 bar.. u r right

vk6tnc
01-04-2014, 04:01 AM
Just downloaded the latest GTI brochure and sure enough the reference to Led rego lights has been removed from the Bi-xenon description. Looks like I might have a fight on my hands :-)

My car was unloaded from the Grand Pavo in Fremantle on Sunday....

vk6tnc
07-04-2014, 08:10 PM
VWA apparently sent a memo to all Dealers outlining the ""printing"" mistake in the old brochure......

vk6tnc
14-04-2014, 09:00 AM
Leds were fitted at Dealer expense...yippee

GeckoZAO
15-04-2014, 11:53 PM
Got my LEDs fitted finally!!!
3 weeks ago I went there they said they had no stock (and they knew why I was there)... so booked another day 2 weeks after.
Dropped my car on monday and called me in arvo saying only 1 LED has arrived and waiting for another...and finally done today...
Hmm, thumbs up, or down?

Now i got a spare pair of genuine LEDs, PM me if you are interested in buying, I can also do the coding! :)
Cheers.

b c
11-06-2014, 10:39 PM
Had my LED plate lights fitted yesterday, and a replacement valve to stop the rear washer dripping, and the software update 45D something - all as warranty items. Didn't even charge me for the loan car.

NCGR1
13-09-2014, 01:37 AM
Not sure I see the issue here. You certainly don't want the plate to be any more visible than to be legal. You certainly don't want the rear of the car to be a mass of white light. Yellowish lighting would certainly look better than white-white lighting.

Brendan_A
13-09-2014, 05:35 AM
Not sure I see the issue here. You certainly don't want the plate to be any more visible than to be legal. You certainly don't want the rear of the car to be a mass of white light. Yellowish lighting would certainly look better than white-white lighting.

The issue was all these people bought/ordered cars with bi xenons and the package included led number plate lights that was started in the brochure at the time.

All we wanted is what we paid for.

b c
16-09-2014, 12:06 PM
At this stage my Highline with Xenons only has "yellow" light from the cornering lights and the boot light - the rest are LEDs or white. Getting the plate lights changed to LEDs was just getting what I'd paid for and expected, and I find the consistency of white (vs a mix of white and yellow) aesthetically pleasing. If you don't have xenons or a Highline, then a mix of white and yellow might not be as pleasing.

Jimi
16-09-2014, 01:38 PM
I agree

Either type of light illuminates the number plate adequately to be read at night so I don't think the LEDs make you more obvious. The white also looks a hell of a lot better - I also have bi-xenons with LED DRLs and LED fog lights so the consistency of white light around the car looks better.

Rufus1000
07-08-2017, 01:06 PM
Hi All

Just had the VCDS coding done to accept led rego globes, can anyone recommend a set to buy? so many on email at varius prices.

cheers