PDA

View Full Version : 2009 Passat CC paint code location

warrick
05-03-2014, 06:50 PM
Hi
looking at buying a cc in the next week or so and would like to know definately where the paint code metal tag is located?
as some of the cars are located interstate i am asking sellers for the code but none of them seem to be able to find it.i was under the idea that it was in the boot/tyre well area,is this correct? if not can you please point me in the right direction.
i have searched back to 2010 on here with no result for the V6 passat cc.
thanks for any help.
cheers
warrick

Umai Naa!!
05-03-2014, 07:25 PM
On the data label in the front of the service book.

If the label isn't there, there'll be another one on the boot floor, near the spare wheel.

warrick
05-03-2014, 07:47 PM
thanks for that.i think i would go by the tag if they can find it as i have had 2 that had a different number from book to tag.
least now i can say look in the trunk with confidence.
cheers
warrick

Hillbilly
05-03-2014, 08:07 PM
Or on the sticker on passenger B pillar It will say "Paint code" D8 D8 or similar That means red with red the parts guy told me when I went for a touch up tube Both Passat and Polo got it there and not in boot

warrick
05-03-2014, 10:17 PM
thanks for the info guys.all sorted have decided on a car,just got to do my checks and if all works out, off to sydney tuesday to pick it up.
car is 2011 v6 passat 3cc. still under warranty with 35k on the clock.silver leaf.
cheers
warrick