PDA

View Full Version : Registration plate

IbizaGTI
17-10-2007, 09:17 PM
at the risk of sounding like an ignorant fool (okay okay I'm an ignorant fool) I've been looking for the little reg plate that usually has the vin number and date of manufacture etc. In my last car it was at the back end of the engine bay so that it was straight infront of you as you stared (blankly not comprehending) under the bonnet.

does any one know where to find it in an Ibiza?

I'm looking for the colour code coz I was going to fix some stone chips etc. with some spray paint.

I feel like a total git for not finding something that should be staring me in the face!

FarQ
17-10-2007, 10:16 PM
at the risk of sounding like an ignorant fool (okay okay I'm an ignorant fool) I've been looking for the little reg plate that usually has the vin number and date of manufacture etc. In my last car it was at the back end of the engine bay so that it was straight infront of you as you stared (blankly not comprehending) under the bonnet.

does any one know where to find it in an Ibiza?

I'm looking for the colour code coz I was going to fix some stone chips etc. with some spray paint.

I feel like a total git for not finding something that should be staring me in the face!

i think its in the engine bay...

IbizaGTI
17-10-2007, 11:06 PM
Duh, found it. exactly where I was looking for it too... just on the horizontal face and partially hidden by the black plastic covering the air vents... still no colour code tho,

any ideas?

Golf Loon
19-10-2007, 07:48 PM
Colour code is on a sticker in the boot.
Your car is Tornado red, be careful as there are different shades depending on year model.
It also fades like crazy, so Id just get someone to colour match some to the car.