PDA

View Full Version : Nudge Bar & Front Park SEnsors

Bambazonke
07-02-2014, 04:02 PM
I have been asked by an Amarok owner if I can deactivate the 2 front cente sensors as when he engages reverse gear these two sensors pickup the bar and constantly buzz away which is very annoying

So far I have tried
1 Disconnect the front buzzer
2. Disconnect the 2 sensors
3 Disconnect the whole front wiring 12 pin loom/plug from the PDC module which is located on the A pillar passenger side.

In all 3 cases the OPS system shuts down and fails to show a diagram or buzz for the rear sensors in the RCD 510 unit when reverse is selected.

I have looked at the coding of module 10 via VCDS to see if I cannot isolate the front sensors but all I have managed to do is turn the volume down on the front buzzer from default setting of 5 to 1.

Any ideas how to disconnect the front and just have only the rear working? I know it can be done as I have seen another Amarok with a full aftermarket bullbar bumper fitted where there is a graphic display of only the rear of the ute and only the reverse sensors work.

Ps has anyone managed to get the rain closing of the windows to work on the Amarok? managed to get the cornering of the fog lights to work

Sharkie
07-02-2014, 05:29 PM
I know it can be done as I have seen another Amarok with a full aftermarket bullbar bumper fitted where there is a graphic display of only the rear of the ute and only the reverse sensors work.

Ps has anyone managed to get the rain closing of the windows to work on the Amarok? managed to get the cornering of the fog lights to work

You will likely find that Amarok only had rear sensors to start with. Most Amaroks only come with rear sensors, only Ultimates come with front sensors. Possibly ask VW what they do with their "OEM" nudge bars with Ulitmates re the sensors.

I have auto closing windows working when it rains. VCDS coded it, I'll have to look at it to see what I did.

Bambazonke
07-02-2014, 05:43 PM
Ok thanks I activated the bit in the RLS Module and 1 bit in the main BCM module but I suspect there are more bits needed to be activated to get the windows to go up. Not sure what model it is but it has a phone and is an auto. Can post the full Autoscan if necessary.

buzuki
07-02-2014, 08:53 PM
You have to replace the parking sensor module with a rear only unit pretty sure. I have tried this and couldnt get it coded to work, it refused coding if i coded it identical to a rear only unit.

Sharkie
07-02-2014, 10:09 PM
Carsystems.pl sells the rear Pdc control unit fir 45euro. Swap out and code should solve the problem

Bambazonke
08-02-2014, 08:26 AM
Thank you for that I will put that option to Kim please let me know your coding to get the windows to close with the rain. I have created an xpl file to read the BCM code offline in long coder but I it is for the older 25 byte BCM unit I recall Kim's to be 30 byte. didn't have time to do new screen dumps of all 30 bytes to create an xpl file for the latest Amarok BCM