PDA

View Full Version : Recommended Panel Beaters

shami
16-10-2007, 11:05 AM
Hi Guys,

Just wondering if any would can recommend someone to respray my front and rear bumper. I was quoted $450 for both, which is pretty cheap but i dont know the quality of work....

Preferably someone within the Liverpool area??

Cheers,

Shami

asian
09-11-2007, 08:45 PM
hey mate,

i used to work for XCE xtreme colour enhancements. the place is owned by my best mates dad. he is a perfectionist. it MAY cost a bit more but he is very good! he jus did his brothers torana, a blue WRX in hot4's and a s14 on the side.

i recommend him highly because im a perfectionist and would want the best job.. not jus cheap poo

his names julian (julz)
goodluck

Lukev85
09-11-2007, 11:10 PM
hey shami,

i reckon talk to tony at Musico Smash Repairs at Moorebank. Ive had alot of work done with him and i reckon hes the best. If you decide to go with him let me know and ill have a chat and try to get ya a better price

shami
10-11-2007, 10:22 AM
Thanks all...

I'll let you guys know..i need something close to home coz of the work im wanting done....might be a boser bonnet in the works...but im still waiting for a few things...

enough said...

But i'll let u guys know for sure!

gpk_gti
10-11-2007, 11:32 AM
its not always about being the cheapest...they could do it for bananas,but when your paint is full of specs of dust,or your car is full of overspray,or the paint ends up bubbling off after some time,then who cares how much you paid.......

there is only one place I trust and ive sent a few ppl there and everyone has been over the moon ,not only on price but their service and finish on the work.pm demil or tassos off here ,who have also had their cars painted there.

detriot custom bodyworks

arncilffe

9567 6511

ask for adam or nick.

vwthunder
10-11-2007, 10:33 PM
On the topic of panel shops, does anyone know how much a good spray job would be on a MK3, including door jams etc.

Looking at doing it next year

Does 3500-4000 sound about right for a good job, or would it be a little cheaper

peedman
11-11-2007, 08:47 AM
That seems a bit pricey to me im not sure. Is that a quote u got from a place? Its roughly $200-300 a panel some even cheaper.

vwthunder
11-11-2007, 09:04 PM
I was told about $3500 for a decent spray

All door trims have to come off, rubbers etc, windows

It is a lot of work

Tim
11-11-2007, 09:09 PM
that sounds about right for a half decent job. have a chat to the panel shop. sometimes they will do you a much better deal if you remove and reinstall a lot of the trims yourself. And most of it is pretty easy. So long as you can remember where they all go :P

tommymac
19-11-2007, 10:25 AM
I go to Wayne in Seven Hills - he is very good for his price i mean very good how ever thats so rare, simply because a lot of places do stupid things i'm telling you mate its a sharks heaven out there so take your time make sure you see there work and get to know the owner cos thats helps im sure any of the places the boys have said are good, and yer a full respray- hmm sefton quoted me 9000 but thats becuase there work was immaculate really depends on what u want mate, but 4000 sounds bout ok to me, save money by taking the windows etc off your self ;)

Cheers

tom