PDA

View Full Version : CC rear badge not opening

dylan8
20-01-2014, 02:24 PM
Hi everyone,
Having issues on my dads passat CC.
When putting the car in reverse, the camera activates, but instead of the badge opening we are just looking at a black screen (assuming the back of the badge).
also when using the badge to open the boot it does nothing, it pivots no worries, but as if its not connected to anything...

Any ideas?

VW want $1000+ to fix it (I assume replace the whole assembly)

Hillbilly
20-01-2014, 03:13 PM
Hi everyone,
Having issues on my dads passat CC.
When putting the car in reverse, the camera activates, but instead of the badge opening we are just looking at a black screen (assuming the back of the badge).
also when using the badge to open the boot it does nothing, it pivots no worries, but as if its not connected to anything...

Any ideas?

VW want $1000+ to fix it (I assume replace the whole assembly)

Take the inner panel off and have a look Maybe needs some lubrication or some connector has come loose by the sound of it

The One
20-01-2014, 05:38 PM
Out of curiosity what happens if you put it in reverse and hold the badge open? Picture on screen?

AdamD
21-01-2014, 08:04 AM

Do you feel the normal amount of resistance in the pivot mechanism, or is it loose? If you feel the normal spring return etc, then it may just be an electrical contact in the latch that's gone. Scan with VCDS and see if there's a short somewhere.

dylan8
21-01-2014, 12:07 PM
Take the inner panel off and have a look Maybe needs some lubrication or some connector has come loose by the sound of it

He had it off and had a poke around, couldnt spot anything loose etc. that was my thought too

Out of curiosity what happens if you put it in reverse and hold the badge open? Picture on screen?

Not sure... when testing it hes been there by himself so hasnt had a second set of hands to open the badge, will try to get onto it though

Do you feel the normal amount of resistance in the pivot mechanism, or is it loose? If you feel the normal spring return etc, then it may just be an electrical contact in the latch that's gone. Scan with VCDS and see if there's a short somewhere.

feels pretty normal, but its on of those things you start to second guess yourself what feels right.
Keys are used to open it 90% of the time, so its not a regularly used item to know what feels right/wrong.

Ill see if I can find someone back home with a VCDS to give it a check over.

Thanks for the feedback so far guys!