PDA

View Full Version : Fleet Pricing 150TDI

Croozer
06-01-2014, 09:25 AM
I'm looking at purchasing a new Touareg 150TDI (or a Passat/Alltrack) :banana:using fleet pricing through my employer. I'm in the process of getting quotes from various dealers but I'd be very appreciative if anyone were able to provide their final quoted fleet price as I don't really know what price to expect. If you'd rather not display it publicly then feel free to PM me. I'm temporarily working in Darwin and my experience here with the sole dealer is they will not budge even a dollar in any attempt to be competitive. I've already purchased a VW from them and the sales rep freely admitted that they didn't need to be competitive as, well, the nearest VW dealership is 1,500kms away! Due to their poor after sales service I've experienced and perceived arrogance at being the sole dealer, I won't return there and will look interstate. That said, if there are any dealers here from anywhere in the country, please feel free to contact me!

I have seen a couple of recent threads asking about pricing but my question specifically relates to fleet pricing only. Many thanks.

Dan

Croozer
07-01-2014, 08:57 PM
Well, I guess ill be the first to reply to my own post and confirm that VW no longer provide government discounts on the Touareg range so I guess that answers that. Best quote ive had for the 150TDI is $66k on road with tow bar as a factory order with roughly a 6 month wait. Will keep searching, cheers.

Dan

Transporter
07-01-2014, 10:14 PM
Well, I guess ill be the first to reply to my own post and confirm that VW no longer provide government discounts on the Touareg range so I guess that answers that. Best quote ive had for the 150TDI is $66k on road with tow bar as a factory order with roughly a 6 month wait. Will keep searching, cheers.

Dan

I don't know if I would be asking for any discount, the $66,000 is a good price IMO and I would happily pay that if I was in the market for a new Touareg. :)

What are the cheaper alternatives that give you the same or better fuel economy in the SUV?
Are there any?

Croozer
08-01-2014, 11:29 PM
The Jeep GC and Toyota Prado come to mind (though potentially a little heavier on the fuel), and they lean more to the fully blown 4x4 side of the fence. I've been quoted $55k for a Prado GXL diesel; however, there is a trade off in on-road manners and luxury appointments (not to mention the external aesthetics which is fairly subjective of course). Out of interest, why would you not be asking for a discount? That's a dealer's dream to not have to negotiate on the final cost of a vehicle. If I knew I could get a discount, then I'd be silly not to apply it, after all, it's my money. That all said, $66k for the 150TDI seems a reasonable quote.

Ozrodent
09-01-2014, 06:07 AM
Too true, I ask for a discount for almost anything I buy.

Transporter
09-01-2014, 07:02 AM
Out of interest, why would you not be asking for a discount? That's a dealer's dream to not have to negotiate on the final cost of a vehicle. If I knew I could get a discount, then I'd be silly not to apply it, after all, it's my money. That all said, $66k for the 150TDI seems a reasonable quote.

Hmm, you were quoted with factory tow bar factory order and used demo here (http://www.carsguide.com.au/buy-a-car?badges=4294931590&makes=517&models=4294966708) cost at least $1000 more, so you were quoted discounted price. :?
Maybe it's just me but, I'd feel somefow cheap, asking for more discount when I already getting discounted price that I'm happy with :)

mcouldrey
11-01-2014, 09:31 PM
I just picked up a 150tdi for $64k with the corporate discount

Croozer
16-01-2014, 09:27 AM
Thanks mcouldrey, that seems to be a good price. I've been quotes back with most around the $66k-$67k mark. Once I'm sitting in the dealership with final negotiation then that may see better pricing. Cheers,

tdrahniets
04-03-2014, 08:38 PM
The Jeep GC and Toyota Prado come to mind (though potentially a little heavier on the fuel), and they lean more to the fully blown 4x4 side of the fence. I've been quoted $55k for a Prado GXL diesel; however, there is a trade off in on-road manners and luxury appointments (not to mention the external aesthetics which is fairly subjective of course). Out of interest, why would you not be asking for a discount? That's a dealer's dream to not have to negotiate on the final cost of a vehicle. If I knew I could get a discount, then I'd be silly not to apply it, after all, it's my money. That all said, $66k for the 150TDI seems a reasonable quote.
Looking at upgrading my my11 tiguan and am considering the prado. Stupid how features I have in the tiguan aren't standard on a $24-$30k more expensive car that's 3 yrs newer. Might have to check out Touareg but bit higher in the price range.

Transporter
05-03-2014, 05:51 AM
Looking at upgrading my my11 tiguan and am considering the prado. Stupid how features I have in the tiguan aren't standard on a $24-$30k more expensive car that's 3 yrs newer. Might have to check out Touareg but bit higher in the price range.

It depends what you will be using it for, the Touareg might be worthwhile to save a bit more or stretch that budget. definitely take the Touareg for the test drive if you haven't yet.

7crwolf
28-06-2014, 01:12 PM
$66,500 with metallic paint, and panaramic sunroof... I think I did well.

tigger73
04-07-2014, 06:19 PM
150TDI's are on special at the moment for $64,990^ Driveaway

^Available at participating Volkswagen dealers for new stock vehicles purchased between 1st July and 30th September 2014 and delivered by 31st October 2014. While stocks last. Not available to fleet, gov’t or rental buyers or with other offers. Volkswagen Group Australia reserves the right to change or extend the offer.

7crwolf
05-07-2014, 01:05 PM
Yeah I just saw that price. Good time to be buying one... Wishing I didn't sign on that 150 a week ago. I hate buyer's remorse. :(

tigger73
05-07-2014, 03:15 PM
Yeah I just saw that price. Good time to be buying one... Wishing I didn't sign on that 150 a week ago. I hate buyer's remorse. :(

If I were you and hadn't taken delivery of the vehicle yet, I'd be asking the dealer to honour the new pricing. They could easily cancel the order and re-order the car.

A lot of the discount is being provided by VW and not the dealer so the dealer may be better off to rewrite the contract anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7crwolf
05-07-2014, 05:25 PM
So I've asked another dealer to quote the same car, one that quoted me close to best price I got, but not the one I did the deal with. The new advertised of $64,990 price is obviously base model, no metallic paint, and no sunroof. RRP with those options, is $69,700. I got quoted $66,900 for this package, still more than I paid, so I guess I shouldn't feel too bad... I suppose it means I got a pretty good deal a week ago. All this sale means essentially is that everyone get get a pretty good deal now... you don't just need fleet pricing (which I had). I don't expect them to drop $5K off of an already low fleet price. Probably doesn't work that way, based on the small print: Not available to fleet, gov’t or rental buyers or with other offers. I'm still going to hit up my dealer for something. I want the wheel upgrade, and I want a good price... This seems like good time to apply some leverage.

tigger73
05-07-2014, 08:55 PM
So I've asked another dealer to quote the same car, one that quoted me close to best price I got, but not the one I did the deal with. The new advertised of $64,990 price is obviously base model, no metallic paint, and no sunroof. RRP with those options, is $69,700. I got quoted $66,900 for this package, still more than I paid, so I guess I shouldn't feel too bad... I suppose it means I got a pretty good deal a week ago. All this sale means essentially is that everyone get get a pretty good deal now... you don't just need fleet pricing (which I had). I don't expect them to drop $5K off of an already low fleet price. Probably doesn't work that way, based on the small print: Not available to fleet, gov’t or rental buyers or with other offers. I'm still going to hit up my dealer for something. I want the wheel upgrade, and I want a good price... This seems like good time to apply some leverage.

Yes I went through a similar exercise the other day and if you were using corp discount this ended up at about the same place as the sale price. It effectively means that everyone gets the discount from VW whereas before it was only the corp discounts that received any subsidy from VW.

I think the price you negotiated with corp discount and the paint and sunroof options is pretty reasonable. I don't think you'd get much better if you started with the $64,990 sale price.

sydau
27-07-2014, 10:59 PM
What's the best deal on 150 TDI. I have a friend negotiating at 62.5k with sunroof.
There are not any available with Driver Assist.

7crwolf
15-08-2014, 06:23 AM
That's quite a bit better than I did. Thanks for making me feel bad. Do it.