PDA

View Full Version : Business www.custom-code.co.uk back online

h100vw
02-01-2014, 04:24 PM
Happy New Year dubbers!! :D

So I happened to click an old link today, to find that the site is back up and running.

Before anyone asks, I don't know anything about the Flashwire yet but will endeavour to get some information in the next week. :P

It also looks like the Flashwire will support DSGs too, which is a bonus. :cookie:

Gavin

thezoneR32
03-01-2014, 06:43 AM
Hey Gav,

I'm all ears! : )

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2014/01/allears_zpscd528ffb-1.jpg

mmmRacer
03-01-2014, 08:07 PM
Website is promising. Will be nice to see more about the Flashwire (ie. Review).

h100vw
15-01-2014, 01:18 PM
FlashWire | Custom Code (http://custom-code.co.uk/flashwire/)

h100vw
15-01-2014, 01:20 PM
Website is promising. Will be nice to see more about the Flashwire (ie. Review).

The software will be just the same as is available from a dealer, except you can load it yourself. Although in most post 2009 cases the ECU will need patching to become port flashable from how I understand the writeups. Not sure exactly how that will work here as I haven't been asked to provide that service.

Gavin

RonaldFc
15-01-2014, 05:41 PM
Cannot wait been wanting the cc tune for some time now :)

h100vw
15-01-2014, 06:00 PM
Cannot wait been wanting the cc tune for some time now :)

What are you running?

Gavin

RonaldFc
15-01-2014, 08:41 PM
I have MK5 R32 and have been interested in the VVT Attack ECU and DSG Tunes but there has never been a rep in Melbourne. With Flashwire I can finally get it done!

Polo GTEye N9
15-01-2014, 10:32 PM
The software will be just the same as is available from a dealer, except you can load it yourself. Although in most post 2009 cases the ECU will need patching to become port flashable from how I understand the writeups. Not sure exactly how that will work here as I haven't been asked to provide that service.

Gavin
So what's in it for you Gav?
I for one would invite you to oversight the flash and consequent issues or benefits of Flashing DIY!
Shame they have seen fit to go this way at present... We shall see what transpires.
I figure it would cost about $1015 AUD for custom 3 diy flash, which includes the FlashWire deal for free.
Sort of tempted but as you have experienced my Revo Flash is a good drivable torque curve and drives well.
Cheers Al

h100vw
15-01-2014, 10:43 PM
You would only need to go Phase 3 with a turbo change Al. So swapping would get you limited gains. The main reason is coverage of the whole planet, you couldn't get to that many people with a dealer network.

Nothing in it for me except hearing of the happy customers around the country. For anyone in Brisbane that chooses to go Flashwire, I'd make an effort to be available on the phone if possible.

Gavin