PDA

View Full Version : Navigation and music volume issues

golfa
27-12-2013, 09:25 PM
Hi guys,

I've just received my 110TDI a couple of days ago and I am having issues with the separate volumes of the system.

Going into the Nav menu, I can set the Nav lady's announcement volume, however, this volume doesn't change with the music (BT Audio) volume. So the problem is that if I set the Nav volume to halfway, which is quite loud when no music is playing, you can't here the announcements with louder music.

Same problem if I set the Nav volume higher, then listen to softer music, the Nav becomes frightening!

Has any one else had this problem?

Ryan_R
28-12-2013, 11:03 AM
When the nav lady talks, just press the volume buttons on the steering wheel and it will adjust the nav volume instead of the music volume on the fly.

If it's that bad you may want to consider normalising the volume across your music library using PC software.

readerr0r
28-12-2013, 12:11 PM
The older RNS-510 would have a setting where you it'd turn down the music to a set level and then speak, is that available in the new one?

DV52
28-12-2013, 03:29 PM
The older RNS-510 would have a setting where you it'd turn down the music to a set level and then speak, is that available in the new one?

readerr0r: I don't think that the mk7 discovery media system has such a facility. On my Golf, the Sat Nav volume is set as part of the set-up page and and it can be adjusted on the fly as Ryan_R has indicated. About the only other setting that I can find is the option to supress Sat Nav pronunciations when the mobile phone is receiving, or making calls.