PDA

View Full Version : New factory recall

Volksee77
21-12-2013, 03:06 PM
Gents, I got a please visit your V dealer letter today

Dear Luke,

Volkswagen AG has identified that a limited number of Amarok vehicles had fuel pipes incorrectly positioned during production. This combined with vibrations in the engine bay, may lead to chafing or cracks developing in the fuel pipes.

The necessary repair work is free of charge and takes about 2 hours.

Please contact your local Volkswagen Authorised Service Centre as soon as possible to make an appointment. Please bring this letter and your Owner Manual to the agreed appointment to facilitate the administration.

Anyone else receive one?

I wonder whilst it's there they will fix the stupid gearstick that keeps coming off or the headlights that leak and fill full of condensation or maybe even the terrible synchro design that makes 1-2nd feel like it's done half a million careless kilometres

Peter Jones
21-12-2013, 03:16 PM
Yep, I got the letter too.

Fuel pipe and tow ball.

There's quite a discussion going on over at AusAmarok.

Massive VW Recall - Page 10 (http://www.ausamarok.com.au/forum/showthread.php/4436-Massive-VW-Recall/page10)

Umai Naa!!
21-12-2013, 03:20 PM
It was always going to be the case with a clean slate model.

Granted, a lot of technology and componentry has carried over from other models, but still.

Volksee, are you intending to have the issues you're concerned about seen to?

bombsquad21
23-12-2013, 07:46 PM
It was always going to be the case with a clean slate model.

Granted, a lot of technology and componentry has carried over from other models, but still.

Volksee, are you intending to have the issues you're concerned about seen to?

I agree with this somewhat, but overall my car is only 7Months old and it looks and feels a whole lot more than that…
My front bar has a zebra pattern, engine misfires, car is seemingly full of tiny little dents??

adonuff
14-03-2014, 04:32 PM
Hi All
Go over to the Aus Amarok forum & have a good look at the tow bar recall. Mine has just been done & VERY NOT HAPPY the new tongue fitted to my vehicle is almost useless. It sits too high and there is only a few mm of clearance when you open the tailgate. All of my trailers now sit badly on the road with a very much tail down attitude, the heavier ones are all over the place at a decent speed.

VW are being very evasive and will not discuss any of the issues, they just refer me to the ADR rules but will not tell us which part of these are specific for the recall. They are talking garbage so far & have been very unhelpful>

Andrew

Snail Style
15-03-2014, 06:07 AM
Try asking to be reimbursed and organising to have an aftermarket one fitted. ;)

Peter Jones
15-03-2014, 06:57 AM
Try asking to be reimbursed and organising to have an aftermarket one fitted. ;)

Tried that. Failed.

Small claims next.