PDA

View Full Version : What am I doing wrong??

PoloBlack
05-12-2013, 09:55 PM
Hi,

I just got my VCDS cable (MICRO CAN) and am having a play with my 2011 Skoda Superb. I am following the numerous guides in this forum for customising basic settings such as Single Door Unlocking (I want to disable it) and passenger rear view mirror dip (I want to enable it). It all seems easy enough, but after I tick/untick the relevant bits, transfer the coding and hit 'Do it', the actual change is not happening on the car.

I get the 'successfully changed' confirmation (or equivalent), but the single door unlocking is still active, and the rear view mirror doesnt dip when I select reverse. When I go back into the relevant page, I can see that my changes have been saved, but the car is behaving like nothing has changed.

Is there something obvious that I am missing?

Cheers
Dom

tigger73
06-12-2013, 06:24 AM
It may be that the hardware in your car doesn't support these options.

Mirror dipping is a tricky one and requires certain modules which I don't think anyone has really got to the bottom of exactly which upgraded module actually stores the mirror locations, however if you've enabed the function and followed the instructions in your manual and it still doesn't work then you probably don't have the right hardware modules in your car. :(

Mirror dipping requires some set-up and also for the mirror selector switch to be in a certain location for it to operate. Again check the owners manual for your car. I've got this function working but I've added another module to enable it (AutoPolar FIS+) which operates in a similar way but set-up is slightly different as it's enabled through the AutoPolar menus in the MFD.

I'd also try turning the car off, locking it, walking away for 5 minutes and coming back to it. Some setting (may) require picking up from a complete shut-down.

This is the only other thing I'd try.

Other than that I think you may be out of luck unfortunately.

PoloBlack
06-12-2013, 06:31 AM
Thanks for the reply tigger73,

What you have said makes sense for mirror dipping, but what about selective unlock? Surely the Superb's hardware can support all door unlocking at once rather than the drivers door first?

tigger73
06-12-2013, 06:43 AM
Thanks for the reply tigger73,

What you have said makes sense for mirror dipping, but what about selective unlock? Surely the Superb's hardware can support all door unlocking at once rather than the drivers door first?

Quite possibly but perhapos this is like a convenience function in the MFD - you maybe need to select it in a couple of areas. One is to enable the function and the other to actually turn the option on.

I'm only guessing here - similar to auto lock/unlock doors etc.

Like most of these VCDS things it's a bit of trial and error to see which options/bits need to get selected and then sometimes it doesn't work anyway and you're left scratching your head.

So you're either down to finding out if someone else has got the function working and copying what they've done or if you do get it working posting so others can follow in your footsteps :)

brad
06-12-2013, 12:10 PM
you need to go into the convenience menu in the MFD. You are using a sledgehammer to crack a walnut

Hillbilly
24-12-2013, 10:43 AM
you need to go into the convenience menu in the MFD. You are using a sledgehammer to crack a walnut

And read the manual where it would have told you how to do selective unlocking

nat225
30-12-2013, 10:20 PM
mirror dipping does require a specific hardware module that comes standard if you have factory installed front and rear parking sensors.