PDA

View Full Version : MY13.5 VW CC 130Tdi Fuel tank size

Eaglen00b
02-12-2013, 04:40 PM
I'm not sure whether the fuel bowser I was using was dodgy or what... but my last fuel up at BP in Langford, WA was for (apparently) 69.83L.

The literature and specs for the CC lists a fuel tank capacity of 68L. I fill up the tank to the same level every single time (for fuel use monitoring purposes) i.e. up to the point where I can see the diesel in the fuel neck, about an inch or so under the point where it would overflow.

According to the trip comp, I had 80kms remaining in terms of range. Assuming this range is absolute, i.e. no further than 80kms before the engine sputters out and I roll to a stop, at current average fuel consumption (City/urban cycle mixed with freeway running) of 6.5L/100km the tank would have a calculated 5.2L in diesel remaining.

Rounding it down to say 5L, if I add the 69.83L of diesel I supposedly bought yesterday this means I would have a total tank capacity of about 75L !!! :icon_what:

This makes me wonder whether or not the fuel bowser I was using at BP Langford was dodgy, or is the claimed 68L fuel tank capacity a very conservative estimate?

I know the tank filler neck can add a bit to the tank capacity, but it's not plausible that it would yield a 7L increase in capacity.... is it?

Has anyone else out there squeezed more than 68L into the tank?