PDA

View Full Version : Few Questions

torn
10-10-2007, 10:00 PM
Hi guys,
Been reading for a while and decided to join up,i have a 2006 polo gti and atempting to install and amp and sub with the factory PCD 200 head unit, the amp accepts high level inputs so no problem there.

Have any of you sucessfully found a circuit that is switches with the ignition for the amp remote wire?

I also need some info about the rear speaker wires, does anyone know the colour code forthe rear speakers and the easiest way to access them?

Thanks Guys

s1831559
11-10-2007, 12:36 AM
Hi guys,
Been reading for a while and decided to join up,i have a 2006 polo gti and atempting to install and amp and sub with the factory PCD 200 yead unit, the amp accepts high level inputs so no problem there.

Have any of you sucessfully found a circuit that is switches with the ignition for the amp remote wire?

I also need some info about the rear speaker wires, does anyone know the colour code forthe rear speakers and the easiest way to access them?

Thanks Guys

i just purchased alpine ida-x001, VW dealer want to charge 50 buck to remove original head unit... speaker, amp, sub is going in soon too. it will be good if someone can provide some info on wiring.

torn
11-10-2007, 08:56 AM
I have a little info for you, if your mounting in the boot, there is a good earth point which provides strain relief on the left hand side up above the left hand wheel arch in the boot, just pull the carpet back and remove the first aid kit holder by 2 x torx bits and you will see it behind.

There is some great info and photo tutorials on www.polo9n.info on where to run the power cables, however you will need to use something like translate.google.com as they are in german.

philthy
11-10-2007, 12:40 PM
Hey mate.

I added a sub to the standard head unit by tapping into the rear speaker wires. I think from memory theres a diagram showing the pin outs on the back of the head unit. To trigger the amp I soldered a wire onto the power pin for the CD changer connector. Works fine.

Cheers.

torn
11-10-2007, 01:37 PM
Thanks philthy, i will grab the head unit out again and check it out, s1831559 you can get the factory head unit out relativly easy without damaging it, i bought a set of Stanley fret saw blades the ones about 6-7mm wide not the really thin ones, cut the ends off with some tin snips, and cut them in half, i then cut them at an angle at the end so that the bured side is the narrowest and the flat side is the widest, insert these into the unit and pull it out.

see the very rough attached image of how to get the head unit out.

http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd46/tornado_4/polo.jpg

s1831559
11-10-2007, 10:39 PM
Thanks philthy, i will grab the head unit out again and check it out, s1831559 you can get the factory head unit out relativly easy without damaging it, i bought a set of Stanley fret saw blades the ones about 6-7mm wide not the really thin ones, cut the ends off with some tin snips, and cut them in half, i then cut them at an angle at the end so that the bured side is the narrowest and the flat side is the widest, insert these into the unit and pull it out.

see the very rough attached image of how to get the head unit out.

http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd46/tornado_4/polo.jpg

thanks man! so i just need to push that metal piece inward, then HU will pop out? i will give a go.

and anyway know whether i will need a frame to install alpine 1-din HU? or they will just go in fine?

btw, APR doing 10% spring sales, i will be chipping mine next week or two.

torn
14-10-2007, 10:47 PM
yep,they just need to be pushed in towards the head unit, the good thing with using the blades, because they are rought on one side they grip the metal and it pulls out easy, the other way i found if you just push them in with a small screwdriver or something is that you can use the little wire thingo that takes the caps off your wheel nuts, put it in the cd slot and point the bent bit upwardsand pull gently.

torn
16-10-2007, 11:07 PM
Ok worked out the remote wire and an easy way to get a solid contact, i grabbed one of my old computers and snipped off the HDD LED Header for the motherboard, i then removed one of the wires and soldered the other wire to my remote wire, put some head shrink around it and its a perfect fit.

Becuase the header has 2 holes but 1 wire it fits perfectly over the CD Changer switch on pin, the blank hole in the header fits over the pin above the changer pin and it holds niceley.