PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of selling my Corrado

VW Collector
19-11-2013, 10:55 PM
Hi All,

I have been recently thinking of selling up some of my collection.

Just looking for opinions on if I should sell out, very hard after such a long time.

I had always wanted a Corrado and still love the look and feel of the car.

Look forward to hearing your thoughts.

ausgolfer
21-11-2013, 12:06 AM
What engine/year is it?
Any pictures?

If you do decide to sell I just hope that someone who will use and enjoy it buys it.

I have been driving mine daily.

Jmac
21-11-2013, 09:20 PM
Ditto, pics , year and engine/box. ABV Manual would be the go as would G Lader Manual
Jmac

VW Collector
28-11-2013, 10:20 AM
Thanks for your replies.

It is a 1993, late 1992 build date, VR6 in Classic Green pearl.

Never had a panel replaced and original paint that is super smooth, obviously there are some little blemishes but personally I think the paint is great for being original. All the original barcoded stickers are on the inside of every panel matching the VIN number. It has a VW Motorsport Inlet manifold, leather seats and everything works as it should spoiler raises automatically and manually, sunroof has had lots of money spent rebuilding it with new parts and works perfectly. It has 17" ABT one piece wheels and runs 312mm front brakes. It utilises the high comp. head gasket with a lightened flywheel and 264 cams. You guys don't know me from a bar of soap but I can tell you I am very particular, The interior has been cleaned with a toothbrush, gently. The air vent flaps have been resealed with neoprene to allow them to close air tight. What else can I say, ask away.
P.S. I will try and post some pictures, this is my first time so have patience.

VW Collector
28-11-2013, 10:32 AM

Front bumper shot

ausgolfer
02-12-2013, 06:22 PM
Looks great, if you do sell it hope it goes to someone who cherishes it as much as you seem to have.
Is it registered?

ppoida
02-12-2013, 10:18 PM
Thanks for your replies.

It is a 1993, late 1992 build date, VR6 in Classic Green pearl.

Never had a panel replaced and original paint that is super smooth, obviously there are some little blemishes but personally I think the paint is great for being original. All the original barcoded stickers are on the inside of every panel matching the VIN number. It has a VW Motorsport Inlet manifold, leather seats and everything works as it should spoiler raises automatically and manually, sunroof has had lots of money spent rebuilding it with new parts and works perfectly. It has 17" ABT one piece wheels and runs 312mm front brakes. It utilises the high comp. head gasket with a lightened flywheel and 264 cams. You guys don't know me from a bar of soap but I can tell you I am very particular, The interior has been cleaned with a toothbrush, gently. The air vent flaps have been resealed with neoprene to allow them to close air tight. What else can I say, ask away.
P.S. I will try and post some pictures, this is my first time so have patience.

H.Matey,

Car looks fantastic, would be interested in talking to you about it send me a pm with our number and we can have a chat cheers

Pete

ausgolfer
03-12-2013, 11:51 AM
How much would you be willing to part with her for?

VW Collector
03-12-2013, 01:34 PM
Thanks for the positive feedback. Its one of those things isn't it…..I will see if someone is interested enough to look it over and go from there. I also have a Mk.1 16V that is an ex show car from many years ago, it isn't really in a state to sell but I need to move it on.

VW Collector
03-12-2013, 01:36 PM
It is registered, I just couldn't stick the plate on over the beautifully smooth bumper. Its displayed behind the windscreen, bound to get done for it someday.

Tim
03-12-2013, 01:52 PM
Put some strong magnets behind the bumper and line the back of the plate with something soft like felt or rubber.

Do you have a ballpark figure on what you would be willing to part with it for?

ausgolfer
04-12-2013, 09:58 AM
Yeah gotta tell us what you want for it :)

VW Collector
04-12-2013, 11:58 AM
Not sure if you guys can understand but when I start thinking of putting a number on it my stomach starts to do flips. The Volkswagen Motorsport VSR can fetch pretty hefty money on their own. The other super rare part is the flat Eibach front strut bar.

I don't want to get shot down with a high number, would much prefer to talk money when some actually comes to check it out.

Happy for you anyone to PM with an enquiry.

I'm not happy to be thinking of selling, hope you guys can understand.

VW Collector
04-12-2013, 12:03 PM
In terms of mounting the plate, appreciate the suggestion.

I just don't want it on there at all, that might change when I get done for it though.

Amir
12-12-2013, 10:54 AM
Thanks for the pic, it looks fantastic. Could you post some more? It looks great, and I think our online community would really appreciate the contribution. If I was in MLB I'd be coming over to see it in a heart beat.

Amir
13-12-2013, 05:20 PM
Just had another read of your post. I hate to do myself out of a deal here, but that sounds like a really good specimen. I may have to arrange for my every-day drive to get written off so we can talk! :)

nick the pom
18-02-2014, 06:50 AM
Hi do you still have your corrado for sale?

Mystic storm
18-03-2014, 09:44 PM
Hiya I have sent an email regarding you selling the Corrado I have cash at the ready :-)

sports racer
20-03-2014, 11:40 PM
Still interested in selling the MK1?

Cheers

Paul

Mystic storm
21-03-2014, 02:48 PM
I am still waiting on a reply regarding the corrado... :-(

Mystic storm
23-03-2014, 12:12 PM
Just been in touch with Ben he is no longer selling!!

aussievwwdub
24-03-2014, 09:53 PM
bugger

AwesomeGTI
17-07-2014, 08:45 PM
Lovely VR6. Did you buy this car off Jason in Brisbane? I bought his G60 and nearly also bought the VR, as I had 2 Raddo's in the UK, before coming over here and just love these cars. Ended up selling it, as I bought a house, wish I still had it. What price you looking for?

VW Collector
24-01-2015, 10:43 PM
Hi, thanks for your interest. I must apologise to everyone here as I thought I would get notifications when new mail hits my inbox. So it seems that isn't the case.

I have offered first right of refusal to someone else but will happily keep in touch if that doesn't eventuate.

Pricing I think is best to talk about privately, not for any other reason than respecting everyones privacy.

Best regards.

VW Collector
30-01-2015, 11:54 AM
Hi all,

Just as an update I have an opportunity to get into another car and have struggled to let the Corrado go.

If anyone is interested please let know and I would be happy to chat about the possibility of selling it on.

I will post some more pictures of the Corrado later today.

If the timing doesn't work out and I miss my opportunity I will probably end up hanging on to the Corrado. I'm not good at letting something I have put a lot of work into go.

Best regards.

VW Collector
31-01-2015, 11:31 AM
Front corner shot, VSR, Eibach, ABT.

VW Collector
31-01-2015, 11:33 AM
Abt wheels, 312mm from brakes, braided lines, Bilstein suspension.......

Gabor
20-05-2016, 07:13 PM
Hi
Im actually looking forward to buy a Corrado as I had 2 G60 few years back and pretty much know the Rados up to the tiniest bolt..

Do you still have your VR6 and interested of selling it?