PDA

View Full Version : Interesting article in Overlander

Flipper Dog
09-10-2007, 02:55 PM
Hello all,
I was just reading the current edition (October 2007) of Overlander 4WD magazine of which features a premium 6-pack write up, this a comparison test between the V6 (petrol) Volkswagen Touareg V6 FSI, Porsche Cayenne V6 FSI and BMW X5 3.0si.
Article very interesting and I would suggest have a read; however this has got me thinking about the V6 FSI Touareg. Has anyone any knowledge of the sales figures of the current facelift Touareg? I have seen only one press vehicle in the V6 FSI configuration and not heard of any demos getting around. Of the two V6 models the V6 TDI appears to be the only seller to date.
Phaeton, Ben, you seem to be able to access Volkswagen information of creditability ;) are you able to find the sale figures for the Touareg from June 2007 broken down by R5 TDI, V6 FSI, V6 TDI and V10 TDI?
If I see Jutta Dierks at the Sydney International Motor show I’ll hit her up with this one.:D

Flipper Dog

Moonan
09-10-2007, 04:43 PM
Interesting article, and the VW comes out on top - but you needed to read the fine print to discover that the Touareg "wins" the comparison... And at the beginning of the article they hint rather strongly that the VW is just there to make up the numbers in the company of premium brands BMW and Porsche..

I have lost a fair bit of respect for Australia's 4x4 magazines since trying to find articles that include fair comparisons of this awesome vehicle!

(getting off soap box now)

cheers,

phaeton
09-10-2007, 05:24 PM
Phaeton, Ben, you seem to be able to access Volkswagen information of creditability ;) are you able to find the sale figures for the Touareg from June 2007 broken down by R5 TDI, V6 FSI, V6 TDI and V10 TDI?
If I see Jutta Dierks at the Sydney International Motor show I’ll hit her up with this one.:D

Flipper Dog

Unfortunately I don't have access to that amount of detail.

and you won't be the only one asking Jutta Dierks questions if she is there j:

barefoot
10-10-2007, 10:33 AM
If you buy an Audi R8 you get Joerg Hofmann's mobile number (he is the equiv of Jutta Dierks in Audi). How's that for confidence! can you imagine if they did that with the touareg, her phone will ring every 5 minutes with irate touareg owners that couldn't get dealers to look after them.
Cheers

phaeton
10-10-2007, 06:00 PM
If you buy an Audi R8 you get Joerg Hofmann's mobile number (he is the equiv of Jutta Dierks in Audi). How's that for confidence! can you imagine if they did that with the touareg, her phone will ring every 5 minutes with irate touareg owners that couldn't get dealers to look after them.
Cheers

LOL j: Don't forget lunch with Herr Hoffman too (thats if you buy an A8 W12.)

barefoot
11-10-2007, 12:30 PM
Guys I know who owns audi reckons once Audi gets you, they'd like to keep you for life...by all reports they're all very happy 'even without the free lunch' I think an Audi customer is probably better treated than a VW customer.

btw, I got an A6 for three days in Adelaide recently, terrific car with terrific gps nav system, got me thinking....
Cheers

phaeton
11-10-2007, 08:12 PM
Guys I know who owns audi reckons once Audi gets you, they'd like to keep you for life...by all reports they're all very happy 'even without the free lunch' I think an Audi customer is probably better treated than a VW customer.

btw, I got an A6 for three days in Adelaide recently, terrific car with terrific gps nav system, got me thinking....
Cheers

Well Audi has more prestigeness to the brand.

A6 Beautiful car :o