PDA

View Full Version : Superb accessories whats worth it or not?

pandahill
27-10-2013, 08:21 AM
I would like to get superb owners opinions on what accessories are worth getting and what might just be a dealer cash grab.

What I'm interested in at the moment is:
Mud flaps (dont want paint chips)
Mdi interface and cable
Boot netting (I'm buying a wagon)

What accessories do people love, or think might be a waste of money?

Any non dealer sources other than ebay that are good?

PassatB6
27-10-2013, 08:39 AM
I would like to get superb owners opinions on what accessories are worth getting and what might just be a dealer cash grab.

What I'm interested in at the moment is:
Mud flaps (dont want paint chips)
Mdi interface and cable
Boot netting (I'm buying a wagon)

What accessories do people love, or think might be a waste of money?

Any non dealer sources other than ebay that are good?

I got boot nets thrown in when I bought an Octavia Scout. Use them every time I buy something a bit larger or get the groceries, really worth having.

pandahill
27-10-2013, 09:16 AM
Sorry also need to mention I'm getting an ambition wagon so any elegance features people love may be accessories on the ambition

Does the Columbus player come with mdi interface? May be worth just getting it after market...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

kamold
27-10-2013, 11:04 AM
Yeah you are best off getting Columbus aftermarket and diy. Just need some coding via vcds. Does not come with mdi by default have to get that seperately

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

netpenthe
28-10-2013, 10:46 PM
if you have kids the window shades are great

also bought rubber boot liner which i think was worth it

pandahill
29-10-2013, 06:18 AM
Did you get proper roller shades or after market?

I think the roller ones have to be factory installed?

Sent from my GT-P1000T using Tapatalk 2

Albervin
31-10-2013, 08:30 AM
I have MDI but have never used it. The auto tail gate is the best accessory by far. The car came with all the tie down bits, load separators and cargo nets which are all very useful. I bought the mud flaps and fitted them myself. I think they were about $76 for the 4 and both look good and do the job. The windows from the B pillar back were tinted so I didn't consider blinds necessary.

Albervin
31-10-2013, 08:33 AM
In answer to your last question, a lot of people have bought gear from SuperSkoda in Czech republic. They seem to have a good reputation but communication is a bit average due to language barrier.

netpenthe
31-10-2013, 01:57 PM
Did you get proper roller shades or after market?

I think the roller ones have to be factory installed?

Sent from my GT-P1000T using Tapatalk 2

nah not the automatic ones

just the proper ones that clip on: Skoda Sun Blinds | eBay (http://www.ebay.co.uk/bhp/skoda-sun-blinds)

they work well, the kids can still see out but it blocks the sun

also makes the car look more gangsta :)

pandahill
03-11-2013, 10:12 PM
I have been trying to track down the chrome door side protective strips (standard in elegance I think, but not Ambition)

The dealers have told me the part no. KGA800001 is for the sedan only not the wagon (even though the UK and EU stores show that it is for recent wagons as well)

Not sure if this would add much to the appearance of a silver car, but they might stop the odd paint chip from doors being opened in shopping center car parks...