PDA

View Full Version : Those 90mm front spoilers ???

Watercooled
17-10-2013, 04:35 AM
My corrado was sans front spoiler when purchased,trawling the net for parts suppliers I found the shifter bebuild kit and engine mounts I needed ,cheap and easy to get,but the spoiler ....... so expensive?????.
Had a good mk2 one and modified that to fit with a few cuts and a heat gun ,certainly better than not having one,anyone found a sourse for a reasonably priced original?

h100vw
17-10-2013, 08:24 AM
My corrado was sans front spoiler when purchased,trawling the net for parts suppliers I found the shifter bebuild kit and engine mounts I needed ,cheap and easy to get,but the spoiler ....... so expensive?????.
Had a good mk2 one and modified that to fit with a few cuts and a heat gun ,certainly better than not having one,anyone found a sourse for a reasonably priced original?

I'd be looking at GPC in the uk or Stateside. I don't expect reasonably priced is going to come into parts for a car that ceased production the best part of 20 years ago though.

The spoiler will be expensive to ship due to the dimensions

Gavin

OEM G60
25-10-2013, 06:06 AM
Try a VW dealer. I found cheaper but as Gavin just said, shipping is either not possible or costs a bomb.

Watercooled
27-10-2013, 04:39 PM
Ha Ha my dealer wouldn't know what a Corrado was,don't buy of dealers in my country usually really expensive,I do buy the odd oil filter from a dealer that does wholesale down south.
Got a 16V mk2 spoiler out of Germany a while back and the freight was very slow and 60usd ,spoiler was cheaper
Was never expecting these to be cheap and agree with the parts being out of production for so long,having said that you do get a surprise @ what can be found,I have used Jim Ellis VW in states for bits and bobs.

OEM G60
01-11-2013, 07:37 AM
I did order mine through an Australian dealer though! He didn't have a clue what a Corrado was either, but a VIN is all they need to go by. Mine came from Singapore when they ordered it.

Watercooled
30-11-2013, 05:46 AM
What sort of money was it,can you recall the sourse/dealer in Singapore? thanks