PDA

View Full Version : VCDS to update computer

seaninbrisbane
14-10-2013, 08:05 PM
Hi - does anyone know how much a dealer would charge to update the computer so that it fully recognises the Columbus head unit I installed? I'd also like to switch off the annoying bluetooth connection chime! Does it need to be connected with a VCDS cable? I'm in Brisbane if you have any suggestions Many thanks.

Hillbilly
14-10-2013, 10:27 PM
Look in the VCDS thread for a sticky about who has cables in various towns Its all in there.

seaninbrisbane
14-10-2013, 10:37 PM
thanks for that info.

vdubmotorworx
15-10-2013, 05:45 AM
Columbus head unit is skoda for a rns510? Correct? If so did you fit it yourself and need it coding to the gateway so it works on thr dash display? Not sure about the bluetooth connect chime...never heard that on a VW RNS....at a guess id say there would be a setting on the radio unit itself....VDUB....

seaninbrisbane
15-10-2013, 07:57 AM
That's correct, VDUB - the Columbus is equivalent to RNS510. It works fine, but doesn't display info on the maxidot display. The bluetooth chime is a known problem and cannot be turned off from the menu. looks like solution is here - That annoying connection noise - Skoda Yeti - BRISKODA.net - The Skoda Forum and Community (http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/207960-that-annoying-connection-noise//) Also, can't seem to get the voice recognition to work - not so bothered about that though! Thanks for your help.

Hillbilly
15-10-2013, 08:18 AM
That's correct, VDUB - the Columbus is equivalent to RNS510. It works fine, but doesn't display info on the maxidot display. The bluetooth chime is a known problem and cannot be turned off from the menu. looks like solution is here - That annoying connection noise - Skoda Yeti - BRISKODA.net - The Skoda Forum and Community (http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/207960-that-annoying-connection-noise//) Also, can't seem to get the voice recognition to work - not so bothered about that though! Thanks for your help.

It may depend on the firmware for voice as not all units support it. Seems only later versions do.

Look in the Audio forums for info on RNS510 units Huge threads about them there.

Same with DAB doesn't work here as we have DAB+ which is different.

seaninbrisbane
15-10-2013, 08:39 AM
It's a 2013 version of the unit, apparently with the latest firmware installed. I'll do a bit of research in the forums you suggested. Cheers

Ryan_R
15-10-2013, 03:51 PM
My old 9W3 bluetooth unit from 2010 had the connection chime, but the two 9W7 units I've used do not - I don't think it's something you can turn on/off.

seaninbrisbane
16-10-2013, 04:37 PM
Please let me know if you know anyone in Brisbane who could update the Yeti's computer to recognise the Columbus head unit. Cheers!

Hillbilly
16-10-2013, 05:59 PM
Please let me know if you know anyone in Brisbane who could update the Yeti's computer to recognise the Columbus head unit. Cheers!

Read here pick one http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/f20/vag-com-scanning-who-can-help-27504.html