PDA

View Full Version : proposed melb cruise Sunday 4th of Nov

Tim
07-10-2007, 10:16 AM
Now that the bay cruise has come and gone and some of us missed out cos it was run on a saturday. Ive got itchy feet.

what im thinking is as follows. But feel free to make suggestions and we can fine tune it.

DATE: Sunday 4th of Nov

MEET POINT: somewhere close to maroondah hwy open to suggestion. keep in mind i wouldnt wanna lose anyone b4 we take get there!

DESTINATION: I wanna do a healesvile > black spur > reefton spur > healesville circuit. Possibly take in a little bit of toolangi forrest on the way in if someone knows a decent way of approaching it?

TIMEFRAME: Im thinking a 10am start from suburbia to arrive at maroondah dam (hopefully via toolangi) by 11 and have some lunch in the park there. There are BBQ facilities and plenty of picnic tables.

By around 12 we can hit the spur. It might suffer a bit from GOR syndrome in that traffic wont be the best. But once we turn off towards marysville and come back via reefton it should be a lot better.

Regroup back at healesville somewhere have a bit of a chin wag and then its time to head home id say by mid arvo.

There are a couple nice waterfalls along the way and the park at maroondah dam is quite nice as it sits at the foot of the HUGE dam wall which u can go for a climb across as well.

anyways. Just thinking out loud.

here is a map for reference

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2007/10/spurs-1.jpg

GoLfMan
07-10-2007, 10:30 AM
i like the idea, would have finished uni and will need a break from study :)

FknDubbin
07-10-2007, 11:19 AM
Let me drive your VR6 Tim!! :D

Tim
07-10-2007, 11:52 AM
the suspension is shagged man! I wont have time to get the coilovers rebuilt b4 then. Im off to hervey bay for a week this wednesday. When i come back ill have a few days of my holidays left to get the suspension ripped out and send it off perhaps.

FknDubbin
07-10-2007, 12:28 PM
the suspension is shagged man! I wont have time to get the coilovers rebuilt b4 then. Im off to hervey bay for a week this wednesday. When i come back ill have a few days of my holidays left to get the suspension ripped out and send it off perhaps.

Let me know if you want a hand ripping it out. :D

Oneofthegreats
07-10-2007, 02:20 PM
Spewing I'm going to miss this one.

Making the trek over the tasman that weekend for abit of Baskerville action.

Hopefully you get a good turnout & good weather.

Remember to organise CB's. The make a world of difference.

REDMKVGTI
07-10-2007, 05:26 PM
Put me down as a maybe.

Tim
07-10-2007, 05:36 PM
lets not go down that couldbe maybe mightbe path.

the two options are "in" or "in"

:P

BlackVr6ix
07-10-2007, 05:36 PM
I'm 50/50 in, either way if im not able to make it i'll make sure i pass my two cb's onto Tim for you guys to use.

Ben_GTI
07-10-2007, 05:58 PM
I'm there bitches!!

Water Boy
07-10-2007, 08:16 PM
U could meet in the Coles Carpark in Ringwood opposite the Holden Dealer ship :?

Id be pushing it to have my car ready to we recon we could do another cruise in December or is everyone too busy... Say a meet up on Saturday arvo, talk, photos then a bite to eat then maybe hit the cruise strips, city, Knox Ozone, Lygon St, Chaple etc and be fully sick dubbers :D

Tim
07-10-2007, 08:24 PM
i picked this date cos i dont want people to get cruise overload! Im sure a lot of people will be heading off to day of the VW at the end of nov. I realise it may not be a good time for Uni students but oh well. if they cant make it there will be others. small or large group the cruises are always fun and if you dont have a car im sure there are plenty of people that have a spare seat.

Ringwood is potentially a good meet spot.

Does anyone know any of the backroads that lead into kinglake? I might have a bit of a scout run thru there with a mate to see if we can find something worth diverting for.

Im thinking of maybe trying to do at least one cruise a month. even if they end up only small at least people that cant come to one may be able to come to another.

if anyone has any awesome cruise routes that they know. Feel free to email them to me tim@vr6.com.au

I have a new golf and it needs to be driven!

NGOLF.U
07-10-2007, 08:26 PM
i am down!!

FknDubbin
07-10-2007, 09:55 PM
hit the cruise strips, city, Knox Ozone, Lygon St, Chaple etc and be fully sick dubbers :D

Traffic light cruising FTL!!!

Tim
07-10-2007, 10:02 PM
williamstown is the new chapel street.

BlackVr6ix
07-10-2007, 10:16 PM
Sure is, too many Doof Doofers cruise past my place on the way to the main drag.

Please if you are going to deafen me with your music please choose something different than "Bad Generic House and Trance #53"

Tim
07-10-2007, 11:04 PM
there we go thats another cruise idea. "doof cruise past blackVr6ix's house"

Water Boy
08-10-2007, 05:39 PM
Traffic light cruising FTL!!!

Not kool u recon... Be different and we could show some ricers and leb sleds what Euro style is... Dare to be different :D

99gti
08-10-2007, 05:43 PM
I'm in - this time I'll do the whole cruise with the group j:

ausgolfer
08-10-2007, 05:56 PM
williamstown is the new chapel street.

Fully sick I'll cruise to around the corner!

GoLfMan
08-10-2007, 06:17 PM
Not kool u recon... Be different and we could show some ricers and leb sleds what Euro style is... Dare to be different :D

is this cos you dont know how to change gears yet j: :??? you like wasting fuel and being stuck in first for an extended period of time only getting the revs up to a massive 2000rpm all the while having to clutch repetitively??? quite frankly i'd rather fang it and have a decent drive.... but then again i've always been function over form.

"dont let my catch you acting like a crazy fool again" j:

Water Boy
08-10-2007, 06:18 PM

Yeah when i was down there the other weekend it was full of VL's etc cruising up and down... I also spoto a pimped Audi A4 with a plate "DA.AUDI"

SICK :D

GoLfMan
08-10-2007, 06:19 PM

Habib i said 12 subs and you only put 9 in!!!!

Water Boy
08-10-2007, 07:13 PM
is this cos you dont know how to change gears yet j: :??? you like wasting fuel and being stuck in first for an extended period of time only getting the revs up to a massive 2000rpm all the while having to clutch repetitively??? quite frankly i'd rather fang it and have a decent drive.... but then again i've always been function over form.

"dont let my catch you acting like a crazy fool again" j:

OK then yeah i do love a spirited drive but i think iv been hanging out with the "fully sick brother's" at skool to much :confused:

Ben_GTI
08-10-2007, 07:17 PM
there we go thats another cruise idea. "doof cruise past blackVr6ix's house"

Yea I'm down for that I'm just around the corner in Altona.

Surprised I haven't seen him down at Williamstown.... anyway if you see a Red Polo GTI or a Green MKIII golf, thats me.

FknDubbin
08-10-2007, 07:42 PM

Its not different. ITs what every other car club does. Its what clubs like MCCR and "Beastclub" (what a wank) do. Get 150 cars to cruise from one McDonalds to the next. While i do like my car to look good, im not the kind of person to go cruising suburban areas or Rip lapz on chapz, bro! Open windy roads are heaven for me!!
:D

FknDubbin
08-10-2007, 07:43 PM
OK then yeah i do love a spirited drive but i think iv been hanging out with the "fully sick brother's" at skool to much :confused:

Ditch those people NOW!!!!

Water Boy
08-10-2007, 07:57 PM
Ditch those people NOW!!!!

Skool is full of em... VL Turbz this and that is all they go on about :D

Water Boy
08-10-2007, 07:58 PM
So Ok no cruise strips as thats not kool :rolleyes:

Is it meet at Ringwwod Coles then off to the Dam?

FknDubbin
08-10-2007, 11:17 PM
Skool is full of em... VL Turbz this and that is all they go on about :D

I know that kind. My trade school is full of them!!

NGOLF.U
09-10-2007, 08:32 AM
ohh they're not all that bad!!...:)

BlackVr6ix
09-10-2007, 08:39 AM
Guys, we are getting pretty off topic here.

Black Spur run is always fun, I also like the arthurs seat run too.

velly_16v_cab
09-10-2007, 12:13 PM
i would love to join in this, but sadly in a Lancer n:

Tim
09-10-2007, 12:36 PM
i would love to join in this, but sadly in a Lancer n:

Your car doesnt matter mate. Its just about getting out and about with some like minded people and havin a bit of fun. Again. If you feel uncomfy bringing non VAG car along. hop in the passenger seat with someone.

Ben_GTI
09-10-2007, 07:46 PM
hop in the passenger seat with someone.

I'm sure there will be plenty of spare seats. If you get scared in fast corners I'd pick a slower car or a sedate driver.

Water Boy
09-10-2007, 08:23 PM
I'm sure there will be plenty of spare seats. If you get scared in fast corners I'd pick a slower car or a sedate driver.

I have a funny feeling he likes to go fast :D

burtybear
10-10-2007, 12:14 AM
i picked this date cos i dont want people to get cruise overload! Im sure a lot of people will be heading off to day of the VW at the end of nov. I realise it may not be a good time for Uni students but oh well. if they cant make it there will be others. small or large group the cruises are always fun and if you dont have a car im sure there are plenty of people that have a spare seat.

Ringwood is potentially a good meet spot.

Does anyone know any of the backroads that lead into kinglake? I might have a bit of a scout run thru there with a mate to see if we can find something worth diverting for.

Im thinking of maybe trying to do at least one cruise a month. even if they end up only small at least people that cant come to one may be able to come to another.

if anyone has any awesome cruise routes that they know. Feel free to email them to me tim@vr6.com.au

I have a new golf and it needs to be driven!

Boys and girls here could be the loop for you. Start at Ringwood, head to Lilydale, continue along Maroondah Hwy to Dame Nellie Melba'a place, but don't follow it to Healesville. Instead continue along Melba Highway to Yarra Glen. Drive through town and turnoff to road that heads to Kangaroo Ground and Eltham. Follow some nice roads to Kangaroo Ground and turn left. Head to roundabout that shows turn to Warrandyte. Follow road to Warrandyte and then follow road back to Ringwood, or head to Templestowe.
This route has nice straights, tight bends and undulating rollercoaster curves. Nice easy cruise, or a bit challenging if you want to make it so. It's also not too long and not too far for all who live in other parts of Melbourne.
It's so good that it even kept my two kids (6 and 3 years) amused - in a Honda Odyssey!!
That's one route, the other could be the one I described in another thread of mine "Early Morning Blatand other cruises" in General Chat which heads out to Arthurs Seat and Beyond, or a loop down Wellington Road to Emerald, Cockatoo, Woori Yallock, back of Healesville and linking out onto other routes from there.
Hope it helps, guys, but is the charity run off :?: or are you guys struggling to grow facial hair for Movember...:D

dodgey GTI
10-10-2007, 09:25 AM
In for me and Dodge. Both brothers attending! Exactly my thoughts for the destination Tim! Some of us can maybe meet you guys at the spur as weill be coming from the north via King Lake West ands Whittlesea. Would that be OK?

dodgey GTI
10-10-2007, 09:28 AM
Burty, great idea except the guys on the "Crutch Rockets" will be out early and some of them overestimate their ability and could split the pack up a bit and slow the guys down at the pointy end? I love that loop as I live near Eltham so we do this one a bit if we're bored. Let's finalise a game plan and lock it in thanks ED!

Tim
10-10-2007, 03:02 PM
sounds awesome guys. Im on hols for a week up in hervey bay. We definately have enough interest to make a good day of it. in the coming days ill try and map a route if i can and post up a new thread finalising some set details.
Ive heard the run down from kangaroo ground is a good one. ill have to scour some maps and see. Dont want the route to be overly complex cos people end up getting seperated and lost!

Jarred
10-10-2007, 08:25 PM
or are you guys struggling to grow facial hair for Movember...:D

Yep no, thats me... :rolleyes:

This route sounds good, and It probably won't be as long, leaving the afternoon open for a barbie or something...

Black spur is a great run, and up to mount wats-its-face up that way; but this will be another 4 hour cruise at the minimum I thinks; so maybe save it for the new year so we (as Tim said) dont get cruise overload. Also I thought there was going to be a mini cruise before/or after DOVW., which is a fortnight or something later aye?

Just my two cents. Ill try and be there, depends on whether I have exams that week (which I might)

FknDubbin
10-10-2007, 08:45 PM
Pffft only sissies get cruise overload. Theres no such thing in my books.

Where theres twisties, theres fun and im always down for that.

GoLfMan
11-10-2007, 09:06 AM
Pffft only sissies get cruise overload. Theres no such thing in my books.

Where theres twisties, theres fun and im always down for that.

ohhh can i hear an AMEN j: ill take any excuse to go for a good fang

Ben_GTI
13-10-2007, 07:14 PM
Okay so for some firm details:

Date: 4th of November 2007
Meeting point:
Time:
Route: Can be decided 5 mins before we leave.

Water Boy
13-10-2007, 07:15 PM
Date: 4th of November 2007
Meeting point:Ringwood Coles Carpark Marrondah Hwy
Time:
Route: Can be decided 5 mins before we leave

Tim
13-10-2007, 09:43 PM
I will post up a new thread with definate plans and a route when i get home from holidays next week. ill try and be as thorough as possible

mscabrio
18-10-2007, 10:17 AM
Hopefully Blutopless and I will be able to make this one. We did try to make the Bay trip but unfortunatly our daughter decided that she wanted to be born that day !!!!!! (7 weeks early ...... she is already an inpatient little bugger!!!) Am glad that we were still at home when all the drama unfolded as it would have been a very interesting cruise otherwise. Our daughter Emma is very much looking forward to her first trip in mum's cabrio!!!

Tim
21-10-2007, 12:16 PM
im gonna go for a bit of a scout run up in that area tomorrow arvo as its my last day of hols. need to put some more kms on the new GTI anyways :P

99gti
21-10-2007, 12:37 PM
im gonna go for a bit of a scout run up in that area tomorrow arvo as its my last day of hols. need to put some more kms on the new GTI anyways :P

What an excuse just to go golfing around!

Tim
22-10-2007, 05:26 PM
went for a spin today. Ive decided to just keep it relatively simple otherwise the cruise will be too long!
anyways
details here http://www.vwwatercooled.org.au/newforum/upload/showthread.php?t=9549