PDA

View Full Version : MY10 V6TDi or MY11 150 TDi

Cabrio70
13-10-2013, 09:32 PM
Hi All,

I am after some opinions from those more experienced in the world of Touareg's than I. After finally convincing the better half that the the Touareg should be top of our list for the next family car I am trying to decide which model would be a better option.

Unfortunately the budget won't stretch to a new one but for around the $45-50k mark I find that I could either go for a low km MY10 V6TDi or go up a year but down a spec to the 150TDi. I haven't driven a 150TDI yet and maybe that would be all I need to do to make the decision but in the meantime I'd appreciate anyone else's experience with the two models.
I know some of the fruit was lost in going to the 150TDi and obviously the motor is down on output but does it make much a difference for everyday driving and convenience?

This will be the family wagon, no towing of any significance, and maybe occasional light offroad(beach/gravel tracks) but mainly want it for the space, economy of the diesel, build quality, and so that I can continue to have a VW in the garage instead of a Mazda CX9.

Thanks in advance for any contribution to the decision.

Transporter
13-10-2013, 10:50 PM
Firstly, welcome to the forum. It'd be good to have another Touareg member in the forum. :)

We have 2008 V6 TDI in the family and it's fantastic vehicle, very reliable. From your post.... I would say go for the never model, it should have a better fuel economy and it will do everything you've mentioned.

Watercooled
16-10-2013, 06:43 PM
The last reply sums it up,have good friend with latest V6 oil burner and its a gem,she has had no issues and has put a lot of kms under the wheels in a short time.
She had the option to buy Audi,BMW,Rangie,Merc and looked @ Jeeps and the toureg won here over for a variety of reasons.

Cabrio70
17-10-2013, 10:49 PM
Thanks for the feedback guys, I think I would be happy with either at the end of the day. Now I just need to find the right car at the right price.

Transporter
18-10-2013, 06:11 AM
There is V6 TDI 2008 at Southern VW Reynella in SA with the price tag $33,000 I'm sure it would be negotiable, the Treg is there for a few weeks at least. Maybe worthwhile to look at. :)

phaeton
18-10-2013, 06:36 AM
I would go the new one after driving both the newer Touareg is more smoother.

Cabrio70
16-11-2013, 03:11 PM
Well after a few weeks of looking I have put a deposit down on a nice 2008 V6TDi, one owner, 57000kms and in excellent condition. Hopefully pick it up next week. Thanks for the input above.
Now just need to find some 20" wheels, tint the windows, fit a tow bar and I'll be sorted.

Transporter
16-11-2013, 04:04 PM
Well after a few weeks of looking I have put a deposit down on a nice 2008 V6TDi, one owner, 57000kms and in excellent condition. Hopefully pick it up next week. Thanks for the input above.
Now just need to find some 20" wheels, tint the windows, fit a tow bar and I'll be sorted.

Be careful when fitting the towbar, and especially when fitting the el. brake controller for the trailer.