PDA

View Full Version : Wiring & connector poking out from under the Accelerator pedal. Is this normal?

Eaglen00b
24-09-2013, 04:32 PM
Hi everyone,

I picked up my CC yesterday (finally!! The wait was killing me) and am absolutely delighted with it. I haven't finished reading the manuals (Owner manual 400 odd pages, RNS510, Telephone, Aust Supplementary manual another 250++ pages). Slowly getting used the quirkiness of bluemotion technology and autohold.

I noticed that there seems to be some wiring and an electrical connector poking out from under the carpet just behind the accelerator pedal. The connector and wiring looks to me like it's for the pedal assembly. There's no risk of it getting caught or inadvertently disconnected, but it just seems out of whack with the general fit and finish throughout the entire vehicle.

The dealer has had a look at it and they said they usually "hope" (seriously, they said "hope") these things are hidden under the carpet but it's not unusual that it is visible and that there's nothing to worry about.

Can anyone please have a look at what's behind the accelerator pedal in their CCs and see if there's any obvious wiring poking out from under the carpet and/or a grey connector visible?

I'll add a photo later so y'all can see what I mean.

Thanks!

Eaglen00b

Ryan_R
24-09-2013, 06:50 PM
It's not unusual to see some of the wiring, same on my car. The clip has a lock on it so it won't accidentally come out.

vdubmotorworx
24-09-2013, 07:01 PM
Its normal mate...been doing it since golf 5 came out in 2005...Nothing to worry about....VDUB...

The One
24-09-2013, 07:29 PM
Yep completely normal, only ever seen the wiring damaged once from being kicked accidentally, not so bad...

Eaglen00b
25-09-2013, 12:27 AM
Thanks for the responses everyone. OK, so it's normal. That's a relief! I thought there was a cover or something missing.

Anyway here's a pic of what I meant.

Cheers,
Eaglen00b.

donksebastian
05-03-2015, 11:09 AM
Youd think they would make it a bit neater from factory

passat123
05-03-2015, 03:47 PM
I just wrapped a bit of black Velcro cable tie/management around it.