PDA

View Full Version : Amarok Tsi Service Brisbane

bombsquad21
23-09-2013, 04:08 PM
So, I'm taking an early 15000km service.

*Jimmy Mac has retired, so he's out.

*Prestige and Performance at Cooparoo said no Amaroks, (hoist can't cope. No problems with X5's and Q7's i'd assume :facepalm:)

*Harding European don't do log book service.

I have the TSI 300 and I'm looking to add some APR gear at some stage.

I have deliberately excluded VW Dealers as I have had absolutely nothing than blood curdling poor service and diabolical hopelessness thus far.....:mad:

Suggestions please..

99_FGT
23-09-2013, 04:53 PM
Jimmy Mac (Alba European) has put the bus back on the road, and in late braking news ;-) has breaking news...

Sharkie
23-09-2013, 08:39 PM
Jmac is back in business, so give him a call. Also heard good things about Lawrence at German Auto in Geebung.

How is the TSI going? Mine will be here in a months time, can't wait anymore :)

Will be adding APR gear myself .....

bombsquad21
02-10-2013, 09:48 PM
Amarok is going pretty good, couple little things that will need sorting under warranty. Shopping for wheels and flares right now. Just got some rubber mats from VW Bathurst on ebay, highly recommended! Rang an unnamed VW dealer yesterday to book service (wanted the warranty issues sorted) but I got cut off whilst I was on hold. Took that as an omen..next.

Can't wait for some HP gains and overall i'm very pleased. Need to sort the whole bed liner and roll n lock situation, it's quite expensive compared to the alternatives...Again I would have bought them both already if it wasn't for a useless retailer.

I need to stop complaining but I swear I cannot even spend $$ on this ute without coming into contact with hopeless individuals, it's like it's a magnet for them!

I will add that if i stand next to it for too long, or sit in it waiting for something, 9/10 times someone will come up and compliment me and ask about it, my clients are also beginning to think i'm ripping them off cause i'm driving it. I need to keep a copy of the invoice stuck to the window!

Sharkie
02-10-2013, 10:36 PM
Have a look at BMW X5 wheels. Many sizes and shapes, I bought a set of 18" X5 wheels off EBay myself. Al you need is spigot rings and x5 wheel bolts which can be bought from the UK as a package.

Mine with 255-60-18 continentals less than $1k all up so keep an eye out.

Wolf4x4 sells flares, less than $900, if you get some before me let me know I want to use as a template to make some from carbon fibre.