PDA

View Full Version : Skoda Fabia RS Facing the Axe - Report

alexaescht
18-09-2013, 05:58 PM
I know that this isn't a VW, though seeming it shares the underpinnings of the Polo GTI I thought this might be interesting. The Skoda FabiaRS will be dumped in favour of the 77kw 'Monte Carlo' edition.

Skoda Fabia RS facing the axe: report | CarAdvice (http://www.caradvice.com.au/252185/skoda-fabia-rs-facing-the-axe-report/)

readerr0r
18-09-2013, 06:14 PM
I know that this isn't a VW, though seeming it shares the underpinnings of the Polo GTI I thought this might be interesting. The Skoda FabiaRS will be dumped in favour of the 77kw 'Monte Carlo' edition.

Skoda Fabia RS facing the axe: report |Â*CarAdvice (http://www.caradvice.com.au/252185/skoda-fabia-rs-facing-the-axe-report/)

Interesting, in some ways the monte carlo actually looks better than the vRS too. Don't forget that the Polo GTI isn't very popular in the UK at all either, I've ready it only accounts for <5% of UK Polo sales!

Difinity
18-09-2013, 11:03 PM
Not happy Jan!
Not sure what this means for the end of my lease, but at least that's some time away...
While I can see just how close the Polo GTi is, mine is a Combi. The wagon is just that much bigger, so I can get the bike in the back.
Hopefully there will be something to choose from when the time comes in a few years...

Difinity

readerr0r
19-09-2013, 07:33 AM
I'm not sure they'll make a Fabia wagon with the Rapid spaceback out now.
The New Å*KODA Rapid Spaceback - Overview - Å*KODA (http://new.skoda-auto.com/en/models/rapid-spaceback/overview)

Perhaps they'll be hotting that up?

Dux
02-10-2013, 09:46 PM
It's looking like the Fabia will stay as a small compact, and Skoda will muck about with form factors in the small-medium area with the Rapid.

JonW
03-10-2013, 08:00 AM
I really liked the Monte Carlo when I drove it, its price and performance were great, but the RS Fabia was so close to the Polo it was a no brainer for those wanting a hatch to just get the polo gti, so I get why Skoda would drop it. As rearerror says, the Monte was the better looker too.

dening
03-10-2013, 09:51 AM
That's right, if the vrs looked like the Monte or was reasonably cheaper it would've sold. A lot of the stock just looks boring too. Skoda oz got some dud plain looking combos.

As soon as my deal fell through getting a vrs at a huge discount, I just went for the Polo. The Vrs is very well spec'd for the price though(xenon, parking sensors), but it still felt cheap inside with an rcd310, no auto dipping mirror, just little things.

If I could've had a green/black one, say with free onroads, I'd have been on it over the Polo, no question, but that just wasn't available.

steveyoshi
03-10-2013, 02:35 PM
vrs is great... Monte Carlo too slow.

strange they would dump it... next choice would be the vrs wagon sleeper.

Sharkie
03-10-2013, 04:12 PM
Don't forget that the Polo GTI isn't very popular in the UK at all either, I've ready it only accounts for <5% of UK Polo sales!

In the UK and Europe they prefer manuals over autos and having a GTI Polo in DSG only must mean it is not as popular .....

pologti18t
03-10-2013, 09:54 PM
The current Fabia is not based on the current 6R Polo chassis. It's based on the previous 9N chassis (modified for new drivetrains). Makes sense as the current Fabia shape emerged in 2007

The next fabia won't be built on the new MQB chassis.. the next Polo will.