PDA

View Full Version : Touareg my14

chickenhawk
17-09-2013, 05:00 PM
Is there a MY14 update out or coming.
I am about to buy and just wanted to make sure before I make the jump.
What are going to be the changes

Fredescu
26-11-2013, 09:48 PM
There are a bunch of MY14s on Carsales now. Anyone know the differences if any?

Transporter
27-11-2013, 07:46 AM
Hmm, what about if the update comes in 2015? Would you be updating every year or two?

The current Touareg is quite new. So don't expect any significant changes anytime soon. :)

Fredescu
27-11-2013, 08:19 AM
I wasn't expecting anything significant but sometimes they shuffle around included features from year to year. I can't find any info on it though, so maybe there are literally no changes apart from date of manufacture.

Transporter
27-11-2013, 08:35 AM
I wasn't expecting anything significant but sometimes they shuffle around included features from year to year. I can't find any info on it though, so maybe there are literally no changes apart from date of manufacture.

A friendly dealer would be the best source to find out what the changes are for the coming year.

Fredescu
27-11-2013, 08:44 AM
Yep, that's my next step. I hate relying on salespeople for information though.

RIS00
27-11-2013, 09:51 AM
My 150 is a MY14 and the only difference I can see is the engine number is different. In saying that, I haven't looked too hard.

tigger73
27-11-2013, 01:24 PM
There's only some very minor changes for MY14 that I'm aware of.

LED rear number plate light will become standard, but they're dropping the door warning lights and replacing with a reflector (similar to what they've done in the Golf).

Also relocation of MDI from the glove box to centre console if ordered with RNS option from the factory.

Other than that it's going to have a later build date and probably (slightly) higher resale but the number of km's you put on it is going to have a much larger impact given specs are almost identical.

You could probably retrofit the door warning lights if you wanted them (can be done relatively easily in Golf/Tiguan). All you'd need is the spare part from the previous MY13 and fit it into MY14. Or if you bought current MY13 stock it's an easy retrofit to put in LED license plate lights.

Probably main one would be the MDI as this one would be harder to change later.

Fredescu
28-11-2013, 10:27 AM
Thanks tigger73! I have asked a few dealers and only one has responded so far with "no changes". Sounds like there are some very minor changes at least.

docjames
24-12-2013, 11:43 AM
We purchased a MY14 a month ago.

There's no spec difference to the MY13 as best I could tell looking at the floor stock, spec list and in discussion with the salesman.

Our MDI remains in the glove box.

tigger73
24-12-2013, 12:00 PM
We purchased a MY14 a month ago.

There's no spec difference to the MY13 as best I could tell looking at the floor stock, spec list and in discussion with the salesman.

Our MDI remains in the glove box.

Nice :)

I think the MDI location change was only if you had factory fitted Sat Nav option also.

docjames
30-12-2013, 09:40 AM
Nice :)

I think the MDI location change was only if you had factory fitted Sat Nav option also.

Ours is the V6 (180kW) model so Sat Nav is standard.

The 150 it's an option so that may be the differing location.